Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I THINK THE NON-BLACK community in Augusta-Richmond County should be up in arms and demanding an apology from Barbara Gordon of The Metro Courier for her blatantly offensive and totally racist comments made at the Courier’s recent news conference. Shouting, “We are the majority here...” while waving her finger in an offensive manner is a perfect example of why racism continues to thrive. Actions like hers just fuel racism!

I WAS DOWNTOWN last Saturday for the WRDW 12 Children’s Day. I was totally surprised to see all the trash at the Broad Street parks, the lack of flowers growing or blooming. Are we really The Garden City? What has happened to our beautiful city and who is responsible for this city unattractive condition?

UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL is a joke; they are so top heavy in management that they can’t see the writing on the wall. Experienced nurses are leaving and going to other hospitals because they have not had any kind of raise in years.

WHERE HAVE ALL the pretty girls gone? Your hair is a mess. You wear no makeup. You have tattoos all over you. You have a bulging waist line. You have no respect for yourself. How sad.

ONE SIMPLE WAY to neutralize Boko Haram and safely rescue the kidnapped young women? Tell Harry Reid and a few other select Democrats that Boko Haram means “Tea Party” in its funded by the Koch brothers. The full force of the IRS and any other federal agency that can be mobilized will be brought to bear to render this group impotent!

TO ALL YOU WOULD-BE photographers: put your phones away at a wedding, let the professionals do their jobs, and allow the happy couple to enjoy their ceremony. I’m seeing too many unflattering or “candid” photos on Facebook taken by guests and it’s just plain disrespectful, especially if you ignored the sign to refrain from snapping away.

RAVE FOR ADDING Tina Dupuy to the opinion section.

THE HONORABLE Eric K. Shinseki, Secretary of Veterans Affairs should become an “undercover boss” and visit the more than 1700 VA hospitals in the US. Then he would have a very clear picture of the federal employees (retired veterans) caring for the veterans. The reports submitted to him are obviously skewed and how does one person verify data from all the VA hospitals and clinics in the US and PR.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 05/21/14 - 04:26 pm
Rant#4 Where is this Adonis

Rant#4 Where is this Adonis at? Oh, that's right- he's alone. How sad.

unapologetik
unapologetik 05/21/14 - 04:39 pm
Rant#4...you ought to be

Rant#4...you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/21/14 - 07:29 pm
Depends On Where You're Looking

I wonder WHERE that person is looking for pretty girls?

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 05/21/14 - 08:50 pm
There are still plenty of

There are still plenty of pretty girls, lest we forget that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 05/21/14 - 08:52 pm
I'm not the least bit

I'm not the least bit offended by Barbara Gordon's rant or behavior. She showed her true feelings, she abhors the white community and that's her prerogative. I'd say I won't buy her paper, however, to be completely honest, prior to her little tirade posted here in the AC, I'd never heard of her or her newspaper.

harley_52
harley_52 05/21/14 - 09:46 pm
"I wonder WHERE that person is looking for pretty girls?"

Certainly not Columbia County where the girls are beautiful, the breezes warm, the streets clean, the politicians honest, and the food superb.

Free at last 2015
Free at last 2015 05/21/14 - 11:22 pm
Not only is University

Not only is University Hosptial is a joke they think that no other hosptial exist that you can go to. I called in a complaint against a doctor at University Hosptial (in the Orthopedic dept) who I seen for services, but was not given the proper treatment or the right medicine to treat my health issue, so I called to file a complaint and I was told if I do that the all doctors will refuse to treat me in the future at University Hosptial,so I told Mrs. Moore who work in the care dept so be it I'm still filing a complaint and I got a dial tone. I will seek care elsewhere.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/22/14 - 05:32 am
Pretty Woman...Mercy

Well, speaking of pretty women, Richmond County and University Hospital, the prettiest women in the world are those working there. Dedicated, intelligent and sensitive to the needs of patients. I'd give them a raise just because they look so good. If University builds a hospital in Columbia County bring them with you.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/22/14 - 06:08 am
Barbara Gordon of The Metro Courier

IN MY OPINION
Her actions mimic those of a typical Race Based Protest (RAP).

We already pointed out the stereotypical RAP trappings of her presentation.
* Little kids in the foreground,
* using age old statements blaming others for self inflected problems,
* villainization of all others, with no guilt,
* application of the martyrdom syndrome,
* False comparisons to famous others that suffered.
* and least but not last a Reverend on the steps with her.

If seeks to me, she only hurt her cause ARC wide, more than she helped it. The whole situation came off as nothing more than a person seeking attention by too many readers/viewers.

BTW:
We saw pretty much the same thing for the
Cracker Barrel/Lady Public Defender and the Diamond Ring.

---- Whatever came of that case?----

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/22/14 - 06:09 am
To my Liberal counterparts

Given early results,
I see the Lib's stand to lose a few Senate seats in Nov.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/22/14 - 06:12 am
Good Morning "Pretty Girls" America.

All Girls are Beautiful...until...they mark up their bodies with Tattoos. I'm from the old times when the beauty of a women is when they just got out of the shower.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/22/14 - 06:15 am
CGee, You're Right

CGee, you're right, pal. Nekkid women ain't bad. Who's that commenter who says she runs around naked in the woods? (Okay, I really know who it is.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/22/14 - 06:29 am
Barbara Gordon and No Luck

Well, Barbara Gordon tried to tell Barry Paschal she hadn’t had too much luck with white people. But I still like that touch of hanging her fancy coat on the front of the podium as she spoke.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 05/22/14 - 06:32 am

It's B4

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/22/14 - 07:51 am
Barbara Gordon is just

Barbara Gordon is just another rabble rouser defending someone she should have been condemning in the name of race baiting. If that rag of a paper had any credibility in representing the black community it should have been the first to condemn the absolute fraud of misrepresentation that was being perpetrated by HBA.

JRC2024
JRC2024 05/22/14 - 07:57 am
I see pretty women

I see pretty women everywhere. Don't much care for the ones with tattoos either Cobalt.

Who cares what Barbara Gordon or anyone of their ilk says. Been hearing it for years and could care less.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/22/14 - 09:07 am
An illegal alien in Colorado is suing several first responders w

"They saved Roy Ortiz' life -- and he is suing them, for not getting him out fast enough."

The piece of trash should have drowned.

ralphinga
ralphinga 05/22/14 - 09:23 am
Where are the real men?

Your hair is a mess. Your beard is a mess. You wear nothing but t-shirts and worn out jeans or shorts way down so your boxers show. You wear a ballcap even when you are eating at a nice restaurant. You have tattoos all over you. You have a bulging waist line. You have no respect for yourself. How sad.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/22/14 - 09:28 am
pretty girls are everywhere

all girls are pretty!!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/22/14 - 09:54 am
Yup shrimp

And the older I get, the prettier THEY get! :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/22/14 - 10:01 am
Unflattering clothing

Ralphinga, I think females outdo males by a longshot with unflattering clothing. It is silly and unrealistic to expect women to have 5% body fat, but when they do have muffin tops or heavy rump/thighs, it is unattractive to highlight them with form fitting clothing. Plus size girls can dress attractively too.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/22/14 - 10:06 am
Rant about womens' dress fashion

"WHERE HAVE ALL the pretty girls gone? Your hair is a mess. You wear no makeup. You have tattoos all over you. You have a bulging waist line. You have no respect for yourself. How sad"

Aside from the tatoos, which I whole-haertedly agree with, I would MUCH rather see the "NATUREAL" women with no make-up or those terrible high heals that are going to ruin their feet and legs!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/22/14 - 10:12 am
CobaltGeorge @ 7:12

"I'm from the old times when the beauty of a women is when they just got out of the shower"

If this is from the old days, I wish I had a time machine!!(LOL)

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/22/14 - 10:15 am
nocnoc @ 7:09

"Given early results,
I see the Lib's stand to lose a few Senate seats in Nov."

IT IS NOT NOVEMBER YET!! SEE YOU AT THE POLLS.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/22/14 - 10:24 am
"PERIOD"

Well Obama used the word "PERIOD" in a press conference yesterday! He just needs to be a man, and fire somebody in The Veteran's Administration in order to SHOW THE COUNTRY that HE FINALLY MEANS "PERIOD"!! Get a back-bone AT LEAST ABOUT SOMETHING!!!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/22/14 - 10:35 am
Barbara Gordon is nothing more than a female version of

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. Nothing but mouth!! Sorry I commented because she deserves no attention at all!

Darby
Darby 05/22/14 - 10:57 am
"Rant#4...you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

Why? Sounds to me like he/she is right on target.

Can I use the word target? I know some liberals will be bent completely out of shape by that.

ELLIOTTMESS55
ELLIOTTMESS55 05/22/14 - 10:59 am
the few,the proud

there are still plenty of beautiful girls and women out there,white,black etc.i have no daughters,so to all the white girls who get tattoos,piercings,and the rest,don't worry.the brothers will scoop you up,use you,abuse you and then laugh at you as you call mommy to come get you.your mission is accomplished,you humiliated your entire family.the same one you hope that will forgive you.am i against interracial relationships? hardly,was in one for 20 years.we were adults, not silly kids bringing mulattos into the world for some else to take care of.

Darby
Darby 05/22/14 - 11:00 am
"I THINK THE NON-BLACK community

in Augusta-Richmond County should be up in arms and demanding an apology from Barbara Gordon...."

No, the "non-blacks" have come to expect nothing less from bigoted people.

It's the thinking blacks who should be outraged and I suspect that at least some of them are.

ELLIOTTMESS55
ELLIOTTMESS55 05/22/14 - 11:15 am
everybodys fault but ours.

they are doing the same thing over here in carolina(south carolina that is,where we don't want or need no stinking federal money.we like being last in everything)not north carolina.the clergy,and other leaders are actually trying to blame the press for negative coverage that is seen nightly on the news.i'm no news fanatic,but i know the tv reporters go where the scanners tell them something is going on.the videos taken from the banks,stores,houses,even the street coners do not lie.from the sheriff on down,everyone know where all the crime is.the officers of whom many are minorities know who the criminals are,and where their "hotspots" are.what else is the newscast going to present? we have a right to know what is going on around us.it's just a shame that they see it to,and refuse to try to correct anything.

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...