Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO THE RANTER WHO said Augusta Animal Services should give dogs to poor people instead of charging them $85: How are these poor people going to provide routine veterinary services for the dogs? … Even healthy dogs need to see a vet once a year for their shots, and dog owners need to be able to take their dogs to the vet if the dogs become sick or injured. Dog ownership is more than just acquiring a dog and then feeding it once a day.

WHERE IS AL SHARPTON when Paine College needs him to find this shooter?

I AM GLAD I WORK in Johnston, S.C. Gas is only $3.39 here ... 20 miles from the $3.49 in North Augusta.

PRESIDENT OBAMA SAYS the decline of the inner cities is because of white people leaving. Those whites should have stayed and had their homes burglarized, daughters pimped out, female relatives raped, family members killed and children mugged. I can’t wait to leave Richmond County, where I was born and have lived for 50 years. Congratulations, all you thugs. You have won this area.

A RAVE FOR JOHN Barrow. Your vote for the special committee to investigate demonstrates your commitment to Georgia values. …

AUGUSTA-RICHMOND County, did you know we have a litter patrol but you can’t find them with a search warrant. Try getting a response. Someone at their office said they do respond. OK, yes indeed, sure, right, got it!

RANT FOR JESSE Jackson and Al Sharpton. Why aren’t you doing something about black men selling black women into slavery? You cry about everything else; why aren’t you doing anything about that?

RAVES TO INTERNAL Affairs. If you think police are out of control, you can’t imagine what the nation would be like without Internal Affairs.

USUALLY WHEN YOU get a new plant manager, you get new rules you have to play by. So you’d better be careful out there at SRNS.

HB 60 IS JUST a bunch of hoopla. It is designed to make Georgia’s anti-Second Amendment governor look like he supports the Second Amendment when in reality, he supports universal background checks and gun registration. Georgia’s law already provides school systems the authority to arm teachers and staffers: GA Code 16-11-127.1 (c) (6).

sawgrass
sawgrass 05/14/14 - 08:22 pm
Exactly correct

I have lived in Augusta my entire 58 years on this earth. I was raised on the lower end of Wrightsboro Road and attended Lamar, Tubman and ARC. I am a proud resident of Augusta. I work in the construction field and have worked/traveled from coast to coast and overseas. I never moved my children nor my (ex)wife. However, the city of Augusta has become a thug/slum/drug infested sorry excuse of a city. As much as it hurt me, I have moved my new wife to Columbia County for a safer environment. Augusta was my home. I ride down Wrightsboro Road and shed a tear. I ask myself, "how can this happen?"

Airman
Airman 05/14/14 - 08:23 pm
Just Checking

I have not been able to post this week and I aint happy. Wrote a beautiful tribute to mothers

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/14/14 - 08:46 pm
5 days until The Taxpayers

either vote to keep money in their pockets.

OR

close their eyes to where $50 Million in "Yet To Be Determined" is going and other $25+/- Million "Sweet Heart deals and handouts" is being wasted.

ARC has to much in need of repair to rebuilding to be lining pockets with this SPLOST.

VOTE NO MAY 20th,
Force them to take out the PORK and Business Welfare before a re-vote in Nov.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/14/14 - 09:36 pm
To RANTER #1 ---- A dead dog is a dead dog

A hungry dog is still an alive and a living dog that is cared for.

A dog without a vet every year is still living, not as well, but Alive and cared for.

BUT DEAD IS DEAD
RANTER #1 poses the idea that the only solution to limited food and less medical care is GASSING & KILLING Animals.

I say NOT

There is another
Put Death Row dogs on a list for cheaper adoption fee's.
Why should ARC flush $80+ of taxpayer $$$$ per animal down the tube, just because they can't get the complete over priced adoption fee?

Why is ARC FIXING animals, charging Taxpayers the procedure and then killing them?

Is Someone is making a buck here?

Are the procedures performed & claimed being audited?

Are we really getting what we pay for, or is the evidence being tossed in the land fill each week?

Yes there is another solution
ARC should cut OUR (TAXPAYER) losses, and accept a smaller loss. Accept $15 to $25.

It is always better to cut your loses when you can't win completely.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 05/14/14 - 10:51 pm
nocnoc and animals

YES - you have spoken the truth and why can't the animal shelter be audited and have them explain why there is such a large adoption fee? And where does the money go? No wonder not too many animals are adopted at those ridiculous fees.
I recall years ago that I had to turn in two small lab pups I found and was unable to keep them - they were delighted - puppies go quickly - handed the lady a 10 dollar bill to help with the cost - noticed the bill went into her pocket. Has been bugging me for over 10 years I finally got to say it!
Reduce your fees - think with a clear head as to where the expenses are going - and make attempts like other animal SHELTERS do to HELP those poor creatures - not count the days until you can KILL them!!!
AND!!! I found out when I took my last found dog to the vet (in November) that they now have THREE YEAR vaccinations and very reasonable!!! An animal's love will pay you back three fold!

And vote NO for Splost - can't keep up with what they are spending now!

Young Fred
Young Fred 05/15/14 - 12:29 am
"A rave for Barrow...

...Your vote...demonstrates your commitment to Georgia values..."

Barrow must be up for reelection (.checking.) - yep, go figure!

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/15/14 - 06:21 am
Saving 10 cents a gallon

Saving 10 cents a gallon wouldn't make me want to work in Johnston. Ludowici was bad enough.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 05/15/14 - 07:29 am
A little town outside of Augusta

Reminds me of Ludowici - police cars on every corner.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 08:17 am
Jesse & Al ??

The shooters were black....they don't run for that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 08:19 am
cnn & sterling

How long can a station milk a story.....will they call up every person this man has ever talked with & give us a moment by moment history lesson..I almost wish they would go back to the missing plane.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 08:24 am
white people leaving.

That post is exactly what we comment on...we see the writing on the wall....shootings around your home won't entice good neighbors to stay.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/15/14 - 08:26 am
Regarding moving

Our new closing date is Mid June.
Unlike too many destine to fail and move again, we are moving way out.
Too many fail to grasp the urban problem in it truest sense, it is a Virus, and it spreads like one.

While Augusta has been infected and is in stage 3 or 4, the cure is a long way off, if ever.

Thinking of Crime as a virus, spreading to uninfected hosts areas for uninfected tissue and you have a grasp of the fallacy of moving nearby adjoining counties to avoid the spread of Augusta's problems.

So moving to Columbia County or across the river is no longer a viable
solution. The infection has already started its spread into those areas.

Waynesboro is already mirroring Augusta's drug and crime problems so moving between Augusta and Waynesboro is just a squeeze play waiting to happen in in less than 10 years.

BTW: the Only Antibiotic known to cure crime is a 12 ga pump, loaded with 00buck and slugs. An too many want the USA Antibiotic free.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 08:27 am
Running for political office

How can anyone THINK that their history won't hit front page news?
Anything & everything will be made public....which is a 2 way sword, that keeps some good folks out of office.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/15/14 - 08:29 am
Anyone else notice

The Perdue campaign Commercials sounds like they were originally written for a funeral home.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 08:30 am
noc you are right my friend

"just a squeeze play waiting to happen in in less than 10 years."

So what is the answer...we all want to feel safe in our home----what is the answer...anyone?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/15/14 - 08:56 am
SIB4 - well containment is not the answer.

We need to better assimilate and main stream (correctly) those cultures that pose a threat to a NORMAL peaceful society into a NORMAL SOCIETY.

We need to get back to the MELTING POT Concept that working for 100's of years.

We need to get away from ______-American cultural division.
Because we are Americans 1st. I have roots that transverse the globe but I AM AN AMERICAN.

We need to find ways to SHUN bad culture, and steer future generations towards morals, pride and ways to resolve problems WITHOUT physical violence.

In short the current political way of corralling and using a population segment as a voting block to further political goals needs to quit and real help needs to be applied with required results or other plans are tried until a working solution is found.

But what we have now is NOT working, it is only feeding the spread and resulting evacuations.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/15/14 - 09:00 am
Pet adoptions

I would think that sterilization does not occur until there are paid adoption fees. If my speculation is accurate, there is no wasted cost.

harley_52
harley_52 05/15/14 - 09:05 am
Like Global Warming, Global Cooling....

....partisan politics, sports team supremacy, the stock market, and most other things, crime is not a steady state. It ebbs and flows. Some days it's hot, some days it's not.

Things change. As a matter of fact, crime rates have been decreasing for a couple of decades. Many, many, many other cities have worse crime rates. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here, many, many, many other cities have better crime rates as well. Beyond that, it's not just cities where heinous crimes occur. If you need evidence of that, see the recent missing woman and decapitated man who recently were attacked at their lake house.

Crime will improve when society decides it has had enough. I don't see that happening with liberals in charge of governments, including the judicial and penal systems. Cops need to be tough and prisons tougher. We now have an Attorney General and a President who believe more in the rights of criminals than in the rights of their victims. They enforce only the laws that suit their agenda. These things will change. Their time has come and gone.

I think we're on the front end of a sea change in society. I think twenty years from now crime rates will continue to trend down, not up. I think we're seeing people recognize the fallacies of left-wing social programs, permissiveness, and judicial liberalism. I'm certainly not saying it's not still a problem, just that there are signs things continue to improve.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/15/14 - 09:06 am
Birds of a feather Noc. You

Birds of a feather Noc. You are so correct about the solution. People want to be around others who have the same morals, values, social respect, etc. It has zip to do with ethnicities and everything to do with culture, behavior, etc.

Those who can will always move away from others who don't share their values.

harley_52
harley_52 05/15/14 - 09:14 am
"The Perdue campaign Commercials....

....sounds like they were originally written for a funeral home."

Everything I needed to know about David Perdue, I learned when he took the opportunity to mock and condemn Karen Handel for being a "high school graduate."

I don't have a problem with high school graduates, especially those who are more qualified than the elitist attempting to diminish them.

jimmymac
jimmymac 05/15/14 - 09:15 am
Harley

You've written a great response and I only hope you're right.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/15/14 - 09:18 am
All Hat And No Cattle

Seenit asked, "How can anyone THINK that their history won't hit front page news?"

Look some of us made fun about HBA for quite awhile. Everytime we asked what she actually did we would be given this "entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker." That all meant she did nothing to me. But, yeah, she was a nice enough person except for that dark side with her finances. I listened to her on the radio once or twice and thought she was okay. But who would have legal notices sent that many times for nonpayment? I lived in apartments for years when I was in the Army and never once paid late. In the country they say, "all hat and no cattle." Many in the public eye fit that phrase.

Would I run for office and subject myself to that scrutiny? Heck, no. Besides I wouldn't win anyway. Heh. Who would vote for someone named "Riverman" on any kind of ballot? My cousin ran for Mayor of Branchville and lost because nobody knew who Gerald W. was. Everyone called him "Snag." Yep, that front tooth was missing.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/15/14 - 09:19 am
Harley, I don't even have a

Harley, I don't even have a problem with high school dropouts.

harley_52
harley_52 05/15/14 - 09:26 am
"Who would vote for....

....someone named "Riverman" on any kind of ballot?"

Don't sell yourself short. Lots of us would vote for you no matter the office. I mean having 73,000 points is hardly evidence you are unpopular with the voters who award all those points.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/15/14 - 09:31 am
Not just any office harley

." Lots of us would vote for you no matter the office."

You know how much he likes to talk/post....we would get sleepy waiting for him to sit down..:)

harley_52
harley_52 05/15/14 - 09:33 am
"I don't even have a problem with high school dropouts."

Well, to be honest, I'm more than a little skeptical of someone who hasn't finished high school.

It's not like the old days when people had to drop out of school to support their family, or some other compelling personal reason. If their lack of a HS diploma is for a reason like that, then I agree with you.

If it's for a lack of personal motivation, drugs, crime, or whatever, I think it's a sign of some real "issues."

Just my opinion....

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/15/14 - 09:34 am
Harley, you can't vote for me

Harley, you can't vote for me because you don't live in my county :).

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/15/14 - 09:44 am
Grad or Not

If a person were successful, I'd vote for them even if they didn't graduate from high school. The key is their success in life or failure. We often hear of successful college dropouts such as Bill Gates. I just take it down to the next level. I've often said people should not be forced to stay in high school if they don't want to be there. There are people who can learn trades and be successful business people without high school. Often starting in the trade early is the best thing for them. I've got a few examples in mind of people I know.

I'm drawing a blank here, but there was a candidate locally who had not graduated from high school and that was an issue. He had earned a GED later I believe. Anyone remember that?

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/15/14 - 09:52 am
I love it. Not a smidgeon of

I love it. Not a smidgeon of impropriety with any scandal. Now emails from Sen. Levin falsify that as another blatant lie and a Democratic strategy. What almost 70% Americans now demand an investigation. There maybe a recall for the last presidential election-that would be a hoot.

harley_52
harley_52 05/15/14 - 09:57 am
"you can't vote for me because you don't live in my county"

Absolutely right, though I do own property in beautiful Columbia County.

But, I never said I would, did I? Don't confuse "lots of us" with "me."

I'm still in the "undecided" category.