Rants & Raves

Sunday, May 11, 2014 3:48 PM
Last updated 11:38 PM

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A “RANT” TO all who continue to enter Fort Gordon and submit anonymous complaints about the guards not doing their so-called jobs. I was one of those guards and still continue to patronize the fort for various reasons. And I’ve been in line watching some of the meanest people complain about nothing!!! It’s pathetic to see some people treat those guards in such a selfish manner, simply because you are too worried about your car rims or pretend not to know how to use the machine. Attend to business about the card swipe system. Grow up Augusta and surrounding area (CSRA). Meet the need with respect.

THIS IS A RANT TO Mr. Nead’s featured letter May 7. He is very lucky The Augusta Chronicle is fair in allowing him to express his views. A liberal paper would not do the same for conservative views. Again, another liberal attack on people’s individual liberties (mandated Affordable Care Act) and belief that Benghazi is just another failure (blame Bush). American’s deserve answers about failures (IRS, Benghazi) and should not be forced to support those who live off the government. What happen to this administration’s transparency?

THE CSRA CITIZEN’S forum is proud to endorse Dr. Paul Broun for Senate, John Stone for Congress in the 12th Congressional District, Mary Kay Bacallao for State Superintendent of Education.

BIG RANT TO US Airways for pulling flights out Augusta and now having oversold flights and no way to accommodate the passengers. They are going to have to redo the commercial about flying US Airways out of Augusta being easy because there are no seats available.

I AM SO SICK OF hearing about that botched lethal injection. To me he got what he deserved. The girl he killed didn’t ask to be buried alive. Karma.

EDUCATORS HAVE GREAT concern for people’s lives. Who better to have a gun to protect our students than our educators?

WHY IS A TRUE SOUTHERN sport buried on page 11 with one of the biggest races of the season going on this weekend at Talladega Speedway? I know there are a lot of people not from the South, but a majority of us are still true Southern people and it is a true Southern sports. Focus less on basketball, horse racing, tennis, golf. How about a true Southern sport coming to the front once in a while?

COMMISSIONERS COREY Johnsons and Bill Fennoy say the attack wasn’t as bad as it seems. I bet if it was whites beating up blacks they would be marching in the streets.

TO THE FOX NEWS RANTER: Speak for yourself buddy, I’m waiting for the topless show to start.

TAYLOR GROVER IS NOT A North Augusta native. He went to Midland Valley and he pitched for Midland Valley.

THE AUGUSTA LIVE AD that you have in the paper every week – a young man and a young woman standing up against a dirty brick wall and a filthy floor. Couldn’t you do any better than that?

I THINK ALL MINORITIES with any pride would be angry with Greenbaum , the ACLU and others who imply they are not smart enough to vote in May. They have only voted in November so they would not understand how to cope with the change.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 05/11/14 - 05:22 pm
Guards at Fort Gordon

I have passed through various gates at Fort Gordon for many years now and I have not had one incident where I would have to be "mean" or impolite to any of the guards. I hope the guards that experience these obnoxious people will mark it up as a bad experience or a rotten day for the driver. Smile, and they'll wonder what you are up to!! :>)

corgimom
corgimom 05/11/14 - 08:02 pm
Anybody that would think it's

Anybody that would think it's ok for their children to go to school in an armed camp isn't thinking clearly.

Because how do you teach children that violence is not the right solution to a problem when they are staring at guns all day long?

corgimom
corgimom 05/11/14 - 08:13 pm
And it's a little-known fact

And it's a little-known fact that there have been school shootings for nearly 200 years. How did we all manage to go to school without armed teachers?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/11/14 - 09:00 pm
Concealed

Corgi, the move to let teachers and principals carry guns in school is for the protection of the little cherubs. The weapons are to be concealed unless they are withdrawn when a need arises.

The children will not be staring at guns during normal conditions.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/11/14 - 11:30 pm
Rant to the RC Sheriff's

Rant to the RC Sheriff's department and dispatcher. Don't bother calling them if someone is hitting your house and car with a shotgun.

Sunday night at 9:00 PM myself, my wife, and another couple who were visiting were standing in my driveway by my garage. The folks next door cut loose with a shotgun. They fired 5 quick rounds and then a minute or so later another 3 rounds. Shot came raining down on the end of my house and my cars. I screamed at them to quit firing and immediately called the sheriff's dispatch number at about 9:05 PM. They took my information and said they would send someone out....and for me to keep my witnesses there. I heard the folks next door pile in a car and take off. My witnesses finally went home and went to bed at 11:00.

It's now 11:10 AND NO COPS HAVE SHOWN UP YET.

Next time I am returning fire and the RC cops can show up and toe tag what's left. No point in calling the cops if you live in the south end of the county. You are on your own out here.

And that big timing sheriff we've got wants MORE money for this kind of police protection. Can't even get a cop to come out when someone is shooting up your house and cars. Forget it. I'll bet if I had fired off a few rounds while I had the dispatcher on the phone there would have been 20 cop cars out here in 5 minutes.

I guess it is not surprising to find out the sheriff's department and dispatchers are just as incompetent as the rest of our local government and provide about the same level of service.........ZERO.

I don't guess I really expected a Richmond County cop to show up when there was an active shooter. I suppose this is one of those "phone it in" complaints under Roundtree's policies.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 05/12/14 - 01:44 am
I'm pretty sure that this is

I'm pretty sure that this is illegal, but you could have called them right back and said "Don't bother, I took care of them. They won't shoot at my family, home and car again." [click]

Might have gotten a quicker response...

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 05/12/14 - 01:45 am
Of course, you could say that

Of course, you could say that you've shot them, but that might be going too far.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 05/12/14 - 01:49 am
Corgimom, can you give us the

Corgimom, can you give us the statistics that you're citing about that 200 year bit? There weren't any shootings during the 13-14 years that I went to school anywhere in the country that I can recall. I'd like to see the facts behind your statement.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 05/12/14 - 02:01 am
Corgimom, how do you teach

Corgimom, how do you teach them that violence is not the right solution to a problem when they're looking down the barrel of a crazed killer's weapon? When they're cowering in fear hoping that the killer doesn't enter their room and shoot them? When they watching that same insane individual kill their teachers and classmates?

It's a lot simpler and potentially less traumatic for them to see a teacher or administrator pull out their legally carried weapon and kill the intruder.

It infuriates me that some people think that declaring a school, or anyplace, a gun-free zone will stop a killer from gaining access and wrecking mayhem and death.

Only a weapon in the hands of a competent good guy will stop a bad guy with a gun. And if he/she's a good shot, it'll save the taxpayers money, too.

KSL
KSL 05/12/14 - 04:57 am
I am with you, Casting_fool,

I am with you, Casting_fool, but I don't want statistics, I want real documented proof.

iaaffg
iaaffg 05/12/14 - 06:25 am
to the commentator on the

to the commentator on the shootings: i can feel your angst and sympathize. too bad the COPS show wasn't in town..... bet you would have gotten twenty cars to show up, all with lights flashing and sirens wailing. god knows your scenario would have been a lot more interesting than the lame segments they did show from augusta.
guns in schools and churches: why not? let's even up the playing field a bit, shall we? why should the criminals have all the advantages? (yes, i can see the liberals getting their knickers all in a twist over this, but then, what else is new? they are always getting their knickers in a twist over something, no wonder they are grouchy and picky all the time, must hurt to walk around like that.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/14 - 06:40 am
Guns Make Us Safe....Most of the Time

I'm always polite to any type of security people. I also recognize when entry systems are poorly designed. Queuing models should be thoroughly tested before implementation.

About teachers with CONCEALED guns, schools already have safety officers who openly carry guns. Children don't feel threatened by that. Armed authority makes us all feel secure. That's why we pay for a police department.

Dichotomy and his neighbor. Wowza...I guess y'all don't chat across the fence much. Maybe the RCSO is used to downtown where bullets often fall from the sky on Saturday night and think that's no big deal?

But it all kind of sounds like a friend I had once. Every time we would get drunk, he would always want to shoot his guns. He came around one time and had an obvious bullet hole in his front windshield. I didn't ask and he never said a word about it. Just made like it wasn't there.

Airman
Airman 05/12/14 - 07:02 am
Happy Happy Happy

Happy belated Moms day. I tried to post yesterday but it would not save. Hope all you moms enjoyed your children, grands great grand etc. Now people lets treat our moms special every day, not just the one marked on the calendar

harley_52
harley_52 05/12/14 - 07:33 am
"Maybe the RCSO is used to downtown....

....where bullets often fall from the sky on Saturday night and think that's no big deal?"

They do? "Often," you say.

Do you have any proof of that, or did you just make it up because it helps with your agenda?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/12/14 - 07:40 am
The blame for a botched lethal injection rests 1, & 1 place only

When you boil it down, it is on those that protested the drug manufacturers and blackmailed them into stopping the use of their already tested and working drug regiment.

If not for their protests and their MEDIA WHINING,
So they alone are the ONLY Reason this murderer got a carried sentence more fitting to the nature of his crime.

Personally, I hope they continue their protests to the point that
we either start using public hangings, again or start using the tons of seized heroin or other illegal drugs in the police evidence rooms otherwise slated for destruction.

A death sentence behind closed doors serves NO Public purpose.
For any Punishment related to crimes against the public to have meaning, it must be seen by the public. There by re-enforcing the concept of crime and punishment for crimes against society.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/12/14 - 07:41 am
About the Brick Wall and Dirty Floor

It probably cost the owners of the establishment a good bit to create that look. Beats shag carpet and plastic.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/12/14 - 08:00 am
Topless NEWS Shows

This could be used wrong in so many ways.
Think Rosie and Ellen as a co-host.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/14 - 08:01 am
Dang dichotomy

I guess we will see you hunting the country for another place like nocnoc....good luck * don't look around Atlanta though....we have shootings like that in hot Atla too....haven't started out here YET....just a matter of time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/14 - 08:05 am
I believe in karma too

I AM SO SICK OF hearing about that botched lethal injection.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/12/14 - 08:10 am
dichotomy - If RCSO is too busy

Just call.... I'm around the corner.

BTW: in case you did not hear...
our shared neck of the woods had a robbery last monday
at the store area / 4 way.

CASE NUMBER: 201400095484
DATE: 5/5/2014
SECTION: OTHER
ADDRESS: 1680 BROWN RD
CRIME: ROBBERY

OR MAYBE THE SHERIFF
will allow the SOUTH SIDE to have its own version on a
Community Action Patrol?

The South-Side Citizens Posse (SCP) has a good ring to it...

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/12/14 - 08:22 am
BTW: dichotomy another reason I have but quit calling 911

too many questions and usually more time on the phone answering the lame unrelated computer generated questions, than the response prompted by the call.

This nothing new either we all have horror stories about 911 calls and the list of meaning less questions tot he incident.

This week I had cause to call Madison Ga 911
The stoplight on the exit 114 East bound entrance ramp was jammed in stop position and the traffic had backup into I-20.

Questions:
911 What is the Nature of call?
Where?
East or West ramp.

Thank you we'll have someone there in a few minutes.

In ARC I'd be on the 1st 20 questions.
One of which would the notorious
"Is there anyone sick at your location?"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/14 - 08:28 am
nocnoc

I don't care how anyone lives there life. I would even be in favor of topless newscasts, but that mental image of Rosie and Ellen... shudder. I may have to put you on the ignore list after that one. :-)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/12/14 - 08:32 am
"Think Rosie and Ellen as a

"Think Rosie and Ellen as a co-host." Ellen isn't hard to look at, even though she likes women. I can still LOOK, lol.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/14 - 08:33 am
Just wondering

Will the couple ever come back to dichotomy's house??

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/14 - 09:36 am
This guy won't go away...

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling apologized Sunday for racist comments captured on tape, saying they were a "terrible mistake."

"I'm not a racist," Sterling told CNN's Anderson Cooper in excerpts posted from an interview taped Sunday and set to air Monday. "I made a terrible mistake. I'm here to apologize."

In his first public comments since being banned for life from the NBA, Sterling said years of good behavior as an owner should count toward his future.

"I'm a good member who made a mistake," Sterling said. "Am I entitled to one mistake, am I after 35 years? I mean, I love my league, I love my partners. Am I entitled to one mistake? It's a terrible mistake, and I'll never do it again."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

damn good thing our private conversations don't hit the news....would we be banned from AC...lol

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/12/14 - 09:44 am
Good Morning from the Broad

Good Morning from the Broad St. Canal Coffee, Bar&Grill and Psychiatric Center! Today's menu will be Quail and Grits. If you happen to bite down on something kind of hard that just happens to be one of the shot that we missed or one that didn't hit someones house or car!! (Sorry about that Dichotomy, we were running short on Quail) All Concealed Carry Permitted Educators eat for Half Price!! We also have the Lethal Injection Special, it's the Smaller portion that leaves you wanting more! But wait, there's more.. Tomorrow begins our 911 plate, you can order it, but, don't expect to get anything other than a lot of questions!!! Free open bar tomorrow for all regular patrons, so drop in and order today!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/14 - 09:50 am
Election years seem to be a

Election years seem to be a great time for asking for help from politicians with help with matters. Notice I said politicians and not elected representatives. Seems we are severely lacking on the latter and too many of the former.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/14 - 09:53 am
Glad to see that the

Glad to see that the BSCCB&G&PC is still open for business.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/12/14 - 10:00 am
seenit...."Will the couple

seenit...."Will the couple ever come back to dichotomy's house??"

The couple that was visiting live directly behind me on a flag easement 16 acre plot and had walked up to visit. He had called me on Saturday afternoon because he was out in his yard tending his bee hives and those same folks next door were shooting the shotgun. I think he thought it might have been me thinning nuisance squirrels and wanted me to know he was out there working. I told him it was the nutcases next door and to "get low and take cover".

The Richmond County Sherriff's Department, through their lack of action, has made this a self-preservation issue. I guess the next time this happens I will have to consider this an armed attack, self-defense, stand your ground situation.

I assure you that the Sheriff's department will bother to show up the next time this happens. The next one is on Roundtree and his "we don't respond" and "South Richmond County.....where's that??" policies. Oh, I forgot....I guess there was no traffic ticket and fine to be collected if they responded. Those are the only cars and motorcycles they send down to the south end.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/14 - 10:13 am
dichotomy

I hope you don't mind but your problem has been referred to someone at RCSO.....that is a dangerous situation & we don't want to lose you or your family.
I read last year that a child was shot from a bullet coming through the roof from a nearby shot..