Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A HUGH RAVE TO Lady Antebellum. A rave for the concert to support Ronald McDonald House, A Rave for a great show, and a Rave for a great evening of entertainment for my wife and me!

REGARDING THE euthanasia at Augusta’s city-run animal shelter, wake up Augusta!! Do you not know how to use the media, social media, advertising, using rescues from all over and Facebook! I know of a small one person rescue that saves over 1,500 dogs in a year and look at your facilities. Wake Up and do your research to get them into homes. There are rescues and transports all over!! Ask for help!! Spay and Neuter!!

OK, THE AFRO Americans are an oppressed race. It’s not my fault or my family’s so quit blaming all of us who lack color for your problems. Now you want white people to quit using the word black. Look around; go to a basketball or football game and listen to the words some oppressed use in front of my family with no backlash. A little one sided, I would say.

THIS IS A RANT FOR the driver of a red Camaro who hit a precious dog, stopped, said take the dog to University hospital and proceeded on leaving the poor animal in critical condition to suffer. How can you live with what you did to that animal and just leave? I could not find the owner but how could anyone leave an animal in that condition?

Speeding on Jenkins/ Crawford Avenue needs to stop! Slow down and pay attention! A RAVE to Richmond County animal control for your care with the innocent little baby. Thank you for your help!

WHY DON’T YOU give those dogs away instead of euthanizing them? Poor people can’t afford $85 for a dog even if they want one.

I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED with Fox News. Today I saw several women sitting on sofas wearing the shortest skirts. Instead of serious news, his was just a sleazy show of legs. How sad that there is no longer any dignity.

carcraft
carcraft 05/03/14 - 05:46 pm
To the last rant, gee more

To the last rant, gee more upset about a little bit of leg showing than a lying President? Exactly where are your priorities?

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/03/14 - 08:55 pm
Basic Instincted

Leave those Fox women alone. I like to be basic instincted when I watch the news.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/03/14 - 09:14 pm
Not Rants to day, just Humor

#1
Two convicts were sitting on their cots in a jail cell.
One says to the other, "I hear you’re getting out in a few days.
Tell me something are you going straight?
Or are you going back into Augusta politics,
or are you going Hire on with the RCBOE this time?"

#2
If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?
Congress!

#3
A politician was walking home from the county courthouse the evening of Election Day when he came upon a young boy sitting on the curb, bawling his eyes out.
"Why are you crying?" the politician asked.
"My dad died," the boy replied.
"That's terrible, when did it happen?"
"4 years ago," the boy said.
"4 years ago? And you are still this upset?"
"It's not that," the boy said. "It's just that my dad voted today, but he didn't come to see me."

#4
A man awoke one evening to discover prowlers in his storage shed. He immediately called 911, gave his address, to report the prowlers and possible burglary. The operator at the other end said "Are they in your house?" He said they were not, only in his storage shed in back of the house. The operator said there were no cars available at that time. He thanked the operator, hung up the phone and counted to 30 and called again. "I just called you about prowlers in my storage shed. Well you do not have to worry, as I just shot them all dead!" Within seconds there were 3 police cars, an ambulance and fire engine at the scene. After capturing the prowlers red-handed, the policeman asked the caller, "I thought you said you had shot them all!" The man answered, "I thought you said there were no police available!

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 05/03/14 - 09:51 pm
Give the dogs/cats to poor people?

If I'm not mistaken, poor people have enough of a hard time feeding themselves, they really are in no position to own a dog/cat - even if the animal is given to them free of cost they still need to feed it, keep it vaccinated and have annual check ups (not to mention emergency care if ever needed). Your "solution" just exacerbates the problem.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/03/14 - 10:16 pm
What's A 1.75ml Bottle?

I’ve noticed quart bottles of anything have about vanished. Yeah, those bottles. I mean who can go in Toast Beverage on Furys Ferry and say, “Give me a 1.75ml bottle of Canadian Club?” I’d rather just get a half pint. Okay, not really a half pint, as it turns out, as academics say. I, also, for the first time did the self-checkout at the neighborhood Walmart down the road to pay for my cheese, Cokes, bag of salad and ham sandwich meat. I have to tell the truth here. To be honest, I had the nice girl come over where I could make the most asinine, hopefully funny comments to her imaginable as I scanned my items in and used my card. She laughed a little bit. But I did let the automatic blinker turn-off do its thing in my car when I turned back into my driveway. Plus, I’m here on the internet.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/03/14 - 10:14 pm
Precisely

You took the words out of my mouth, jdsgirl. The $85 fee to adopt a pet is to cover the spay/neutering and 1st set of vaccines that were done. If a person cannot afford $85 for a pet, then they should not have a pet. In addition to food, you have to be prepared to pay for annual vaccines and whatever incidental vet fees arise over the years.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/03/14 - 10:17 pm
1.75

1.75 ml won't get you very far, Riverman. A ml is a milliliter. That's a pretty small volume of anything.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/03/14 - 10:36 pm
LL Smartie

LL, smartie. You are right. It's 1.75 liters. It would scare you if you knew what I did for a living. A good thing I just said give me the big bottle.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/03/14 - 10:41 pm
Milliliters

I wonder how many milliliters are in those little bitty South Carolina bottles they sell in the stores?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/03/14 - 11:13 pm
NocNoc #3

His joke about the little boy reminded me of one I heard at a concert back in the 1970s. Jethro Burns told this one:

I was walking down the street when I saw a little boy sitting on the curbside and crying miserably. I asked him what the matter was, and he sobbed, “I can’t do what the big boys do.”

I sat down and cried with him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is a sample of Homer and Jethro humor —

Let Me Go

Be sure you make it at least to the second song on the record.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/04/14 - 07:17 am
I agree quit putting the animals to sleep

Offer them up as a last chance for $10.

Think about it.
The county already has a $50++ in VET bills for the animals fixing, plus care and food, then the added expense of GASSING or the Drugs used to put down the animal.

Why not Cut the County further $$$$ Losses and KILL Rate?
Any animal on the KILL LIST should be made available for a $10 Adoption.

BTW: Who has the ARC VET Contract, how is it assigned and How much is it worth a year?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/14 - 08:08 am
Fox skirts are too short

They spend too much time pulling & tugging to keep their behinds covered...can't uncross legs because all would be available for view....I am distracted by the soon to be accidents......& it won't do A THING for me!
CYA girls..

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/14 - 08:18 am
1.75 ml won't get you very far

Thanks LLamb for keeping us straight on here....yall make me want a big bottle of something!
Speaking of scary....the last time I had surgery a new nurse came in my room & wanted to wheel me out for "more surgery".....I said that I had JUST HAD my surgery....oops--wrong room....dang good thing my daughter was there ....accidents happen.
Just a piece of advice--ALWAYS keep a family member with you in the room..ALWAYS.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/04/14 - 08:43 am
I'll Tell You What, Last RANTER,

It's a heck of a lot better looking at those legs than the one that needs bags over their heads on MSNBC!

justthefacts
22036
justthefacts 05/04/14 - 08:45 am
Greeting from the Downtown Marriott

Good morning Awgusta. Beautiful day here.

justthefacts
22036
justthefacts 05/04/14 - 08:46 am
CG

Like Rachel Madcow?? Yikes,

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/14 - 08:53 am
Sometimes

I think JTF owns a chain of hotels....maybe 1 day we will get the scoop on him! :)

justthefacts
22036
justthefacts 05/04/14 - 08:56 am
seenit

I should. Probably be cheaper in the long run. BTW, Downtown was hopping last night. It was good to see. CMan must have been very pleased.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/04/14 - 09:10 am
Yea RM, "Gimme a 1.75 liter

Yea RM, "Gimme a 1.75 liter jug of Absolute" just doesn't sound right.

I just say "1/2 gallon". They comprende.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/04/14 - 09:11 am
Fox girls

Apparently this person doesn't watch NBC/CBS/ABC....

JRC2024
JRC2024 05/04/14 - 09:15 am
Leave those Fox girls alone.

Leave those Fox girls alone. They are very pretty and a pleasure to watch.
Amen to rant #3. The young AA need to clean up their own language before they get mad at others. Kind of double standard with them isn't it?
What do you do RM?

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/04/14 - 09:13 am
I only watch FOX News because

I only watch FOX News because of the fair and balanced coverage.......I SWEAR.

harley_52
harley_52 05/04/14 - 09:31 am
The Fox News Babes....

...are brilliant and beautiful. They are far more impressive, in every aspect, than the female news readers and talking heads on other networks.

As for their dress....sex sells. It's a marketing thing. Heck, in Europe and in Russia, some news and weather babes do it in their birthday suits.

We should be so lucky....

harley_52
harley_52 05/04/14 - 09:42 am
"What do you do RM?"

I believe he's in the medical profession. Works at Eisenhower Army Medical Center.

Based on his comment, he's probably a pharmacist. You know...'liter, milliliter, what's the big deal? It's "close enough for government work."

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/04/14 - 09:51 am
JRC, I'm a Roofer

JRC, I'm a roofer. One of the RM commenters (there are 4 of us) used to work at various hospitals around town. JRC (or anyone), speaking of roofing, how much does it cost to roof a 4,000 sq ft two story house. Ball park estimate.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/14 - 09:42 am
Silly fluffy women in short skirts

Sooo the news is that the men on here will watch FOX for the female fluffys.....OMG...all this time yall had me believing you really wanted the TRUTH & fair & balanced news...oooh brother have yall fooled me BIGTIME! I'm giving up on ALL of you posters....
Just a bunch of men with the same thoughts......dang, I have been so blind.....:) I'm watching tv & look for some hunks!

harley_52
harley_52 05/04/14 - 09:45 am
"...One of the RM commenters (there are 4 of us)..."

Butterman works in the cafeteria, right?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/14 - 09:46 am
harley

I wouldn't trsut RM in a hospital job...yeh, he best stick with roofers..:)
& leave the bottle at home when he is on that roof!

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/04/14 - 09:47 am
Fox News

I'm watching the blonde with the red dress on...uh, I mean Fox News right now. I concentrate on the news better with the various blondes they have sitting in the middle depending on the time of day.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/04/14 - 09:49 am
Itsanotherday1 @ 9:10

"Yea RM, "Gimme a 1.75 liter jug of Absolute" just doesn't sound right.

I just say "1/2 gallon". They comprende"

I have to stick with 1.75 L. That, NOW-DAYS, is what my package store goes by!! And BTW, my poison is a Canadian Blend!

Gander Mountain opens

Outdoor retailer Gander Mountain opened at 9 a.m. today at 145 Mason McKnight Jr. Parkway, across from CarMax.