Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SOME IDIOT WHO looked like Bill Kirby cut me off today and I have UGA plates.

IT IS SO COMICAL how Bill Kirby obviously has some obsession and jealousy of UGA drivers and fans. He is always bashing their driving. It’s real funny that I am in the passenger’s seat going down Washington Rd with my UGA tag flying high and I am behind a SUV with a GAMECOCK tag. The USC driver is in the LEFT lane going 25mph in a 45mph. Traffic is backed up in the left lane and no one is in front of him but every time you get a break to get in the right lane (for slow drivers) he pins you where you can’t. So therefore yes it is making me tailgate because he keeps accelerating and breaking.

RAVES TO THE PEOPLE of That’s What Friends Are For, for all the help with spaying and neutering expenses for pets. Please support their fundraising efforts.

THE STATE DEPARTMENT spokesperson was asked to give just one accomplishment that Hillary Clinton made as secretary of state; the spokesperson could not name one. I can only think of one accomplishment, and that was to allow four Americans to die in Benghazi. Hillary ignored the ambassador’s plea for added security.

A BIG RAVE TO “Tracie” at Columbia County Tag Office. Her courteous expertise in handling this old “Vets” transfer and registration of POW and Disabled license plates was very professional and much appreciated.

THE TREATMENT BEING “provided” to our Veterans is an outrage. Delays in receiving benefits and/or medical treatment due to governmental Red Tape and incompetence are an embarrassment and a national disgrace. It doesn’t bother you? Take a good look; this is what we all have in store as Obamacare goes into full implementation.

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY Augusta needs an “Arts Council”. Sounds a little Orwellian to me. Who elects this “Arts Council” and who gives them the authority to determine what is and what is not art? Why are they being given over $2 million in SPLOST dollars to spend on art projects “they” deem worthy?

RANT FOR THE POOR woman with four kids, makes too much money for Medicaid but can’t afford insurance. At least this woman has a job. She is precisely what is wrong with America. Those four kids have fathers, why not make them furnish some kind of support or is that too much to ask in America today.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/14 - 04:52 am
Don't Trash GA.

Yesterday we were presented with an Article claiming that GA was nearly last in treating its citizens medical issues.

It used data presented by a Group claiming to be NON-PARTISAN and now it turns out maybe the group is NOT SO, NON-PARTISAN.

The President of the CommonWealth Group is David Blumenthal, M.D. according WiKi.

So who is he, and what his history according to WiKi?

In 2008, he was senior health adviser to the Obama campaign. On March 20, 2009, President Obama appointed Blumenthal to be the National Health Information Technology Coordinator, just a month after the enactment of a federal stimulus package that included about $19 billion in incentives, through Medicare and Medicaid, for the adoption of electronic health records.

So what we likely have is a slanted politically planted story. Developed with a political agenda and planted by an Upper level OBAMA Admin aligned staff. That happens to be the Research Groups President for a Health Research group.

A report that happened to rate certain states poorly, that refuse to use OBAMACARE.

A report that tossed in hints pointing to race based discrimination and lower class neglect.

So to many readers, now given addition background facts, this would not be considered A NON-PARTISAN report. How could it be, if it is headed by a person picked by the US President fighting to keep his name Sake alive?

OH! almost forgot... it all happen just leading up to Local and State elections? What a "Lucky Accident" or great planning?

SO, HOW ABOUT AN HONEST RECOUNT?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/14 - 06:00 am
BTW: It is May 1st

National Socialist Day.

Do you know where your President is?
www.whitehouse.gov/schedule
"No Public Schedule"

Other sources
2:25 pm Honors the 2014 National Teacher of the Year and finalists

Did you know May 1 was chosen as the date for International Workers' Day by the Socialists and Communists of the Second International to commemorate the Haymarket affair in Chicago .

iaaffg
iaaffg 05/01/14 - 06:04 am
nocnoc: that's called pee on

nocnoc: that's called pee on your leg; they still insist it's rain. i put no stock into polls or studies anymore; learned long ago in college that any survey/poll/study can be slanted or biased, and so i figure anything that proclaims a study or poll found this or that, it's probably all a lot of horse hockey. sodding wankers know that so many people in america are dumber than a pile of bricks, so they can tell 'em anything and they'll believe it, which, as evidenced by this healthcare fiasco and so many other things today that are touted as 'news' and embraced by so many, is obviously true. government lies to us, and what do the people have their panties in a wad over? some rich basketball team owner who was speaking in private to someone else in the privacy of his own home, without, i may add, knowing he was being taped, and this is suddenly cause for a national uproar. more pee on the leg!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/01/14 - 07:04 am
Whew--what a vac from hades

I can vouch that the panhandle in Florida had a state of emergency...the complex we were in had a flooded garage basement--many cars were totaled...mine wasn't in the bsement it was 25 ft away from a gully washed out paved parking lot though....I watched thinking I would see my car floating out to sea at any moment---couldn't move it because of debri & sand -water all around...

BUT--the fire dept came & made all empty the building---gas & other smells all around too....only 1 lone elevator worked & the wait was forever to get out....one lady with 2 small kids had her car totaled & was told she had to leave the building--SHE said HOW!!!

All beach euip was washed to sea---the pavement next to building caved in from flood of water from nearby ponds....soooo, other than that---we made it back in 1 piece...

I guess the mountains will look better to me now....my car was saved from the water.....we will need a rest to get over this vac though.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/14 - 07:25 am
Vacation

Wow! I'm glad you and GOB are back home safe, SeenIt.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/01/14 - 07:42 am
Thanks Llamb

I will never doubt the power of a flood EVER AGAIN!

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/01/14 - 07:43 am
Wow

Did you ask for a refund?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/14 - 07:45 am
Coffee Klatch

On the Harley & Mary Liz show at this very moment is some high-level spokesman for Grooo. He is providing the State of the U. One of the things he said is that 40% of their medical instruction is now being done away from Augusta in their satellite campuses (mainly Athens). He practically gushed when he stated that the remote campus initiative is growing, so the percentages will get larger. He even used the word “cool” when speaking of the growth of the satellite campuses.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/01/14 - 07:51 am
Seenit......sorry your

Seenit......sorry your vacation was ruined but really glad you escaped with no injury or damage. My wife has scratched FL off of her list because of sinkholes.....which I imagine we will hear about more of those with all of this recent rain.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/01/14 - 08:09 am
Refund--hah

They haven't oked any yet---my daughter is still there at another place & will talk w/mgr again today...we really love this place & realize they couldn't help what happened....the complex next door had 2 retaining ponds that OVERFLOWED & took down fence & barriers....this complex next door is bankrupt also...2 homes there were caving in & about to fall over....we shall see what happens..

dichotomy..I can understand her feelings..I did see that Baltimore had a city street cave in also...maybe a block of cars & etc...

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/01/14 - 08:24 am
General comment

I recently heard that the cost estimate for an Obama Library is about 500 million dollars! If these presidents truly want to help the tax payer, then make it a maximum cost of only 200 million!! After all, what exactly is so special of ANY PRESIDENT to claim 100's of millions of dollars for a library from the tax payers??!! When a president is "WORTH" more money than more than half of this nation, THEN THERE IS SOMETHING wrong with this picture!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/01/14 - 08:30 am
Rave....to the Tag Office on

Rave....to the Tag Office on Lumpkin Rd yesterday. I didn't get the young lady's name but she was smiling, pleasant, friendly, and efficient. In and out in about 4 minutes.

Rant....to the Driver's License office on Mike Padgett. The wait times are ridiculous. Over an hour just waiting for your number to be called. Once you got to the window it only took a few minutes to renew. Not enough staff to handle the number of customers. The employees appeared to be working pretty steadily but there just isn't enough of them. I think I counted 11 service windows and only 5, sometimes 6 people working a window. Nothing you HAVE TO DO to satisfy a government requirement should take an hour of waiting just to get to the window.

Oh yeh, I knew I had to show my birth certificate or a passport, my Social Security card, and 2 pieces of mail to prove my address. I am not crazy about the fact that they are making copies of all of that stuff to keep (or leave laying around) somewhere. Once I have proven who I am and where I live, and they have taken my picture, why do they need to maintain a copy of my passport and Social Security card somewhere?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 05/01/14 - 08:38 am
Dich

How do illegals drive legally when they don't have SSN's? Do they just bring their mail unlike legals that have to show all these other things?
Welcome back B4 - I changed my name to Swimming Bare - guess that was you last week :)

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/14 - 08:40 am
SIB4 - some vacation

I googled pensacola flooding videos and it was massive....

You are lucky to get out alive.

Here is DRONE footage of 1 area.

WEATHER.COM

john
john 05/01/14 - 08:40 am
HRC

I really dont get the attraction with HRC as a candidate. I can respect people have different political views, but what does she bring? Arent there any democratic party candidates with integrity and character? She has left a trail of controversy that is astounding.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/01/14 - 08:47 am
Benghazi Cover Up.

I see they found a smoking gun. White House email, subject: Benghazi. Basically the email says "spin it to be a protest over the video". The White House produced the talking points that were used by Susan Rice to LIE to the American people.

Even got the lamestream media asking Carney questions about the cover up.

Just remember, FOX News has been 100% right about this cover up for over 2 years now. The Ambassador and 3 other good men dead, Hillary's bad decisions, Hillary and Obama covering it up. Bad decisions, poor judgment, arrogant liars. Neither of them are qualified to be president.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/01/14 - 08:54 am
So many negative stories

So many negative stories about young people. Here is one that warms your heart.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/01/14 - 08:59 am
Swimming bare

Lilly--I have had all the water I want to see for a while...daughters just told me that there were some deaths there...flooded cars & such...in the Destin area....talk later--I need a rest from all of this ...

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/01/14 - 09:00 am
Does anyone have access to the FEMA -Augusta manual?

SIB4's encounter has me wondering what 24"of rain would do to DOWN Augusta?

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/01/14 - 09:48 am
If MCG Name Still Exists...

I was writing a comment this morning and trying to describe the campuses of GRU. If the MCG campus still exists, I've decided the ASU campus does, too. It's simply too difficult to describe the undergraduate school campus, medical college campus and other campus at the medical complex.

Azziz allowed the medical school to keep its MCG name. If he were going to be consistent about this stupid GRU name, it should be GRU Medical School. But if he doesn't want to call MCG by the GRU name then isn't it logical to allow ASU to be ASU? Together they can all be called GRU when referring to the whole conglomerate.

dwb619
dwb619 05/01/14 - 11:58 am
library

I believe the Presidential libraries are built with private donations.
on edit:
www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries/#8

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/01/14 - 09:16 am
Noc, 12 Inches of Rain

Noc, I know what 12 inches of rain did to downtown in 1990. I made it to University Hospital and parked on the second deck, thank goodness. Only the very tops of the cars in the patient parking lot out front were visible. The water was coming from over the canal it appeared.

Darby
Darby 05/01/14 - 09:21 am
"I can only think of one accomplishment,

and that was to allow four Americans to die in Benghazi."

Allowing someone to die is NOT an accomplishment. That's sort of like saying "I allowed the sun to come up this morning."

On the other hand, I'd say that the former Secretary of State did, by her negligence and incompetence facilitate the deaths of those four Americans. That could be called an accomplishment, although not one to be proud of.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/01/14 - 10:18 am
Killed in gun free zone

Wonder how things would have turned out if the perp knew others in the building were armed?

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/01/14 - 10:45 am
Everyone knows:

People from SC can't drive!

daphne3520
daphne3520 05/01/14 - 12:18 pm
happychimer
19590
happychimer 05/01/14 - 01:55 pm
seenit I am glad you made it

seenit I am glad you made it out of there safe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/01/14 - 02:28 pm
Imposter using Riverman's logon??

RM post I just read...

So this year I was going to pay my taxes via automatic bank transfer, but then I get a call from my accountant. This is two weeks before the deadline, mind you. There was a mistake and I'd have to do another return. With an amended return I had to do a paper one and mail it in along with my check.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I KNOW he doesn't use the ole fashion POSTOFC..no way Hosea!!

Hah...good dang thing they are still in business--heh!!

Thanks happy......it gave me a new respect for the power of water. BTW--daughters are back in the room....they said engineer checked & said the building is sound....I think the fire dept was just being very cautious...with good reason...the gas smell was coming from complex nearby & was fixed/turned off.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 05/01/14 - 05:31 pm
Hey, do you people care that

Hey, do you people care that nearly 4 THOUSANDS people died on September 11, 2001? Bush ignored the warnings. That is almost the James Brown Arena full of people. So let's say, God forbid, during the Lady Antebullum concert the other day, everyone had perished. Do you not see the difference?

All souls all important but none of you think George Bush was responsible for that attack on 9/11. Please tell the world why that is.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 05/01/14 - 05:39 pm
Bill Kirby

Do not be alarmed by the rants,we know must people that carry UGA on their trucks don't even know where Athens is! Go GA Tech!