Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO THE PERSON praising Bubba while dissing Tiger: Obviously, you also want to avoid Michaux’s column. One thing that everyone should highly praise Tiger on is that he made the announcement very late about his withdrawal or else Augusta would have suffered a withdrawal of thousands of his fans, too.

I WONDER WHETHER Bubba Watson’s sponsors will make the Waffle House take down any photos, the way Phil Mickelson’s sponsors made Krispy Kreme take down his? But then, Bubba was not wearing the Augusta National jacket like Phil was.

RAVE FOR A DREAM come true. For job reasons, I moved from Richmond County to the Northeast. Hopefully, I will find a better-run government and get some elected officials who will spend my tax money appropriately and not act like a bunch of jerks that I have become used to. It is no wonder folks are leaving Richmond County.

RANT TO PAINE College for changing their Druid Park Avenue crosswalk light to change on a timer. Now it turns every 60 seconds (even without any people crossing) and makes the cars wait at a red light for no reason.

ALVIN MASON HAS had two terms on the commission, and has not done anything positive for Augusta. He is just another arrogant politician.

VOTE FOR HELEN Blocker-Adams. Her only agenda is the betterment of all of Augusta, not just one segment of it.

EVERYONE IN AUGUSTA needs to vote no on SPLOST. They don’t know how to use the money we gave them years ago. All commissioners need to resign. None of them is doing a good job.

RAVE FOR LORI Myles mayor. Maybe a woman can change the image of the commission meetings and focus on the business at hand instead of personalities.

I’M GOING DOWN THE highway and doing the speed limit and they want me to move over so the person behind me can speed and kill himself or somebody else? I think this is the worst law that’s ever been made. It needs to be repealed.

TO THE RICHMOND County motorcycle cop who ran across the street and yelled at the driver turning into the Lodge on Heath (April 18) instead of halting traffic and helping him turn: You made a very bad impression on some very important people visiting The Garden City and the Masters Tournament. You disgraced the uniform.

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/25/14 - 09:12 am
Corgi mom

Do they even HAVE Driver's Ed anymore? It sure doesn't seem to with all the nutso drivers anymore.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/25/14 - 09:17 am
Not a chance

Suffered? I almost spit my coffee out when I read "suffered". It may have made a difference in the scalpers' take, which is fine with me, but you can bet your sweet bippy there were plenty of folks outside of the gate still wanting to get in.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/14 - 09:19 am
CBBP

Your comment reminded me of an incident two years ago on #2. I forget who the player was, but he had about a twenty foot eagle putt. As soon as he hit the putt, sure enough, some yahoo yelled "go in hole" at the top of his lungs!! I told the guy I was with to watch this. Sure enough, about 3 minutes later, he was cordially escorted from the area. Never to be seen again.

Itsallnew11
Itsallnew11 04/25/14 - 09:47 am
Rant #9

Yes....if you are going the speed limit or less in the left hand lane you should move over. Why? The left hand lane is for passing and not cruising along. If others want to speed past that is their prerogative. You are more likely to cause an accident being a jerk and holding up traffic then they are from passing you at 5 mph over. It's common courtesy. I don't condone speeding and don't condone your inconsiderate behavior either.

Airman
Airman 04/25/14 - 10:03 am
AutumnLeaves

Could not agree with you more, made that trip a few weeks ago and thought I was in a high speed horse and buggy...I was tingling from my hind parts to my toes for hours, somebody needs to get to work soon or they will have to start from scratch

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/25/14 - 11:55 am
Rant #1

"TO THE PERSON praising Bubba while dissing Tiger: Obviously, you also want to avoid Michaux’s column. One thing that everyone should highly praise Tiger on is that he made the announcement very late about his withdrawal or else Augusta would have suffered a withdrawal of thousands of his fans, too"

This is absolutly "hog-wash"!! The Masters is the most sought after trophy in golf!!!! To say that Tiger Woods would have brought in more attendies is so very laughable!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/25/14 - 12:03 pm
R&R #2

"I WONDER WHETHER Bubba Watson’s sponsors will make the Waffle House take down any photos, the way Phil Mickelson’s sponsors made Krispy Kreme take down his? But then, Bubba was not wearing the Augusta National jacket like Phil was"

I was pulling for Phil, BUT you are very correct in your question about Bubba nenying Waffle House the rights to use his "selfie" as advertisment. My guess is that Bubba Watson KNOWS THE VALUE of his being himself and will see it as a good thing to provide permmision to Waffle House!! I don't believe there is a more "down-to-Earth" guy than Bubba Watson playing on The PGA tour!! I guess that I need to start pulling for Bubba!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/25/14 - 12:11 pm
SeenitB4 @ 7:59

""Tiger on is that he made the announcement very late about his withdrawal or else Augusta would have suffered a withdrawal of thousands of his fans, too."

Probaby right on this..."

Just have one word about this comment, "WRONG-GOOOOOO"!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/25/14 - 12:34 pm
Lack of Tiger

It effects the Television rating. It affects the ticket prices. But, it has zero affect on the attendance.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/25/14 - 02:22 pm
(seenitB4) "Bundy has stepped

(seenitB4) "Bundy has stepped in some poopoo...now watch how the media will dissect his bones ....they are going in for the kill...sorta reminds me of P Deen in some ways...."

No seenit, they are trying to compare him to Phil Robertson.....LOL. I kid you not.

"The Difference Between Cliven Bundy and Phil Robertson Is That Bundy Didn't Invoke Religion"

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/25/14 - 02:48 pm
See Y'all at the Gun Show Sat. early

Eastman Gun Show comes to Grovetown Sat & Sun. 4-26/27-2014

My Wife, being sweetheart, even stopped by the bank and took Cash out for some nice, put away for a rainy day emergency purchases.

Remember
In a growing socialist - Anti-Gun and now a Limiting Ammo availability Government.

It is better to HAVE IT and NOT NEED IT,
Than to NEED IT and NOT HAVE IT.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/14 - 03:04 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/14 - 03:06 pm
About Tiger

Say whatever you please,,some like him & pay to watch him play..he is a master at golf & all the downers in the world won't change that...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/14 - 03:07 pm
ICL

Thanks for the link....

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/25/14 - 03:34 pm
corgimom

Not everyone is such a national traveler such as yourself. I never said the out of town driver should disobey the law. I guess other out of towners don't adapt as quickly as you.

corgimom
corgimom 04/25/14 - 07:02 pm
He wasn't on his property, he

He wasn't on his property, he was in a public parking lot. What if he had shot an innocent bystander?

And you are only allowed to use deadly force if you think your life is in danger. You are not allowed to murder somebody because you think they are trying to break into your car.

Who would think that's the right thing to do? Cars can be replaced, people can't.

I wonder if the shooter had any alcohol to drink beforehand at the restaurant. I know that he's been arrested before for driving on a revoked or suspended license.

All he had to do is call 911.

Now look at the terrible trouble that he is facing. Over a CAR.

I don't think he'll get off, I think he'll be convicted of something. Maybe manslaughter.

corgimom
corgimom 04/25/14 - 07:05 pm
Sawgrass, it's not about

Sawgrass, it's not about adapting, it's about obeying the traffic laws and not taking somebody's right of way.

Left turn yield to oncoming traffic is in all 50 states. I've driven in 48 or them, without any problems.

If he had caused an accident, then what?

What's worth causing an accident?

The police officer had every right to yell at him. Go back and read that ridiculous rant, especially the parts about the "important people" and that the officer was a disgrace to the uniform.

corgimom
corgimom 04/25/14 - 07:30 pm
What AL said about the

What AL said about the terrible South Carolina I-20 roads is absolutely true. I thought Michigan freeways were bad, but SC is worse.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/25/14 - 09:53 pm
Thanks corgimom and airman. I

Thanks corgimom and airman. I hope the problems can be addressed reasonably quickly. Most people I know can't afford endless alignments or new tires....

corgimom
corgimom 04/25/14 - 10:11 pm
My husband drives in SC

My husband drives in SC weekly, it's terrible.

You expect to see roads like that in Mexico, not the US.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen