Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ONE OF THE REASONS Georgia is so far behind other states in the job market and many areas of life is they are stuck on stupid. They still have same desires. They haven’t got used to the black and other non-white people being in charge of things. You aren’t even able to get all your benefits from Washington, D.C. They don’t apply for all their tax benefits because they hate the black man in the White House. Still pay federal taxes and have right to work. All in an attempt slow the minorities down. Hate is a hard taskmaster.

WHO CARES THAT Chelsea “Clinton” is expecting a baby? I thought when she got married her name would be Chelsea Mezvinsky; I bet he feels left out of this.

MARC WEISER PLEASE get some help for your problem. You have an infatuation, a fetish or an addiction with the mighty UGA. You get front page coverage on Aaron Murray completing 48 of 56 throws on pro day. What about Connor Shaw at USC? What about Jerrick McKinnon at GSU, who just happened to do 32 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and run a 4.38 40 at the NFL combine. Nobody on your beloved Dawgs could come close to that.

THANK YOU, BLYTHE Library folks, for making this very senior lady happy. I like our Blythe Fever event but your events leading up to the building of our new library shows all we are a spirited little town with some life.

THE SECTION 8 program doesn’t help the landlord or the people who are on the program with all this extreme inspection. They act like they are planning to buy the property instead of securing a decent residence for a family. They offer no solution for compensation to landlords. Each person renting the residence does not need to have an inspection. The landlord should turn on utilities and before the family moves they can take their lease have the utilities in their name.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH another RANT about the lack of journalistic skills of the liberal comic Tina Dupuy, now on the Sunday Chronicle opinion page. If you want a liberal view, at least seek out someone that can come up with validated facts, and give an adult opinion, without being a comedienne. She is not worth reading.

Connor Threlkeld
Connor Threlkeld 04/23/14 - 08:17 pm
In Marc Weiszer's defense, he

In Marc Weiszer's defense, he is the UGA sports writer at the Athens Banner-Herald. USC and GSU aren't really his beat.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/23/14 - 09:20 pm
Good grief

Subscribe to The State in Columbia, SOUTH CAROLINA. I bet they were all over Connor Shaw. And I doubt they mentioned Aaron Murray. BTW, the team that drafts Shaw will getting a steal.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/24/14 - 05:13 am
Don't know about all that,

Don't know about all that, JTF, but I know God is on Clemson's side. Dabo has him on speed dial. So y'all can't win.

corgimom
corgimom 04/24/14 - 06:01 am
Ranter #5- If you don't like

Ranter #5- If you don't like the Section 8 program, don't rent to a Section 8 person. Try to rent out your old dilapidated house any other way, and see who wants to rent it. Nobody is forcing you to participate in Section 8.

You are just the type of landlord that makes those inspections necessary.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/14 - 06:45 am
Stuck on stupid heh..:)

At least we know where the bennies are coming from & it won't be Washington DC...
Raise your hand if you think manna flows from Dc & taxpayers are not responsible in any way.....
Just send the goodies right on down south & we will wallow in it like pigs in slop...yes siree bob...gimmie-gimmie some...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/14 - 06:48 am
mayoral debate on TV last night

I'm waiting for the comedy shows to pick it up...SNL needs some new material.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/14 - 06:52 am
The landlord should turn on utilities

OMG....anything else he should do....maybe, cut the grass---feed the dogs---take kids to Dr---put gas in your car--I mean really, why stop with demands.....after all, taxes will pay most of your rent.

This is the problem with freebies...NEVER ENOUGH--NEVER!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/14 - 07:07 am
a spirited little town with some life.

Some fine folks come from Blythe....my granmama did...thanks to the Library for making you happy.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 04/24/14 - 07:22 am
Section 8

seenit!!! You forgot moving in the furniture~!!!!!!!
Give them an inch and they want to be a ruler - my son's favorite comment

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/14 - 07:37 am
Moving in the furniture

Yes that could be a new freebie....it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

When we sent the car in for some repair the dealer filled up the gas tank---washed the car---I was pleasantly surprised...I did appreciate the kindness & I realize they want our business too. They will get it & I thought.....
Some people don't appreciate what they are given in the USA...just imagine another country bending over backwards to help the needy...I don't see it.....it is time to show appreciation....show it or lose it.

A busy day ahead for me.....so talk later.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/24/14 - 07:57 am
River

If God were involved UGA would have won 8 Titles by now. I think he favors teams with strong, fast, and rather large players.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/24/14 - 08:02 am
Section 8

You're dealing with the gov't. Did you expect common sense?

Itsallnew11
Itsallnew11 04/24/14 - 09:11 am
Section 8...

Even people on benefits and section 8 housing deserve a decent place to live. If someone doesn't require inspections on the homes prior to them being occupied then slumlords will take advantage and parents who don't care what type of environment their kids live in will live anywhere. Some people receiving benefits have more money and "stuff" than I do as a working middle class american. I don't have the luxury of having the government subsidize my rent and pay for my food but I still take responsibility for my family environment to ensure it is safe and well kept. At some point in time even those receiving assistance have to take responsibility for their family environment.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/24/14 - 09:36 am
"Augusta is in trouble. None

"Augusta is in trouble. None of the candidates are qualified."

You got that right. If this group is the best we've got.....and apparently it is......we are in trouble. Mostly embarrassments punctuated by one who has already been taking the goodies from the contractors.

bohica
bohica 04/24/14 - 11:37 am
Some section 8's have newer

Some section 8's have newer and better rides than I do.
Gotta look good on the road.

Pops
Pops 04/24/14 - 12:22 pm
Ranter Number 1

Three examples: 1) Detroit 2) Zimbabwe 3) South Africa

Lecture us some more......

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 04/24/14 - 02:04 pm
"I WATCHED THE mayoral debate

"I WATCHED THE mayoral debate on TV last night. Augusta is in trouble. None of the candidates are qualified."

Totally agreed!
What's next?!?

allhans
allhans 04/24/14 - 02:45 pm
Mayoral....

I say we need a do-over. This is no way to put Augusta's best foot forward.

corgimom
corgimom 04/24/14 - 03:35 pm
Itsallnew, you are referring

Itsallnew, you are referring to the drug dealers and their baby mamas and mothers. The drug dealer doesn't receive Section 8, but the baby mamas and mothers do, and there is no law against loaning a car to a family member.

They are not representative of the typical Section 8 recipient.

However, if you go into the low-income projects, you will see that the ones without the drug dealer boyfriends/sons drive the rattiest, most torn up cars that you will ever see, that they buy from those shyster used car dealers. That's the typical recipient.

And I ought to know, I lived with them for 3 long, long years.

harley_52
harley_52 04/24/14 - 05:08 pm
"Even people on benefits and section 8 housing....

....deserve a decent place to live."

Why?

For what reason do they "deserve" it?

Have they earned it? What have they done?

And who should pay for it? You? Can they call you on the phone and simply demand payment from you because they "deserve" it?

Do people in other countries "deserve" it any less? Are you responsible for paying for their "decent place to live" as well?

Who defines a "decent place?" If you're paying for my house and I don't consider it "decent" can I simply demand you remodel it and upgrade the appliances?

THINK about what you say!!!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/24/14 - 05:55 pm
B4

It's so hot - I'm Running Bare
Hey Harley - hope some will accept what they have and run with it - America is the home of the free and the brave - if you can't make it here - you can't make it anywhere

harley_52
harley_52 04/24/14 - 06:07 pm
Hey Lilly...

You're right. In this Country we have the freedom to be whatever we want to be. We are the masters of our own destiny. The only thing that stands in our way is an oppressive, overreaching government that stifles individual achievement and encourages laziness and dependence.

More hot weather on the way. Are your running shoes ready for it?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/24/14 - 07:37 pm
Harley

You are so right but my parents were my government - we did well or we'd hear from them :) I'm too old to run now - we need to change my name to Swimming Bare :)