Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A SALUTE TO ALL of the men and women of all the law enforcement agencies who once again did an excellent job directing traffic during the Masters.

I HAVE ATTENDED two mayoral forums so far. I cannot say I am all that impressed with the motivational speaker/entrepreneur running. Every answer she gives is a cliché about “bringing people together” and “moving the city forward.”

THIS IS A HUGE rant to the people who go to the Savannah Bluff Lock & Dam with six to 10 rods to fish and take up all the space placing their fishing rods around them, creating a border line for them alone. Hello, people! If you know how to fish the maximum fishing rods you need is two, one for each hand. There are other fishermen that want to enjoy a day out with their families and have the kids learn how to fish.

RAVES TO THE person who paid for the dinner my wife and I had at Cracker Barrel in Evans. We will pass it on.

IT WAS VERY NICE to have people who actually know how to drive here during the golf tournament. People who did not tailgate, speed, constantly switch lanes, and would let you out in traffic. I am talking about the people from out of town.

IT IS UTTERLY amazing how many ignorant people there are driving when it rains. They know where the switch is for the windshield wipers but not the one for the lights.

BIG RAVE TO Columbia County for the beautiful Evans Towne Center Park. Big rant to the smokers who litter this beautiful place with abundant cigarette butts; also big rant to the dog owners who refuse to clean up after their pet, even considering they provide baggies making the job very easy. It is hard to believe how little respect folks have for a place put there for the enjoyment of many.

TO THE TWO WOMEN in the loaded-down SUV who were ahead of me in the drive-through lane of the hamburger place: It shouldn’t take 10 minutes to figure out what you want to eat. They sell hamburgers! If you want to make a career of ordering, please go inside and let the cars move smoothly.

RAVE ON RAVE on for Hardie Davis. He acts like he is running for mayor. He has the backing of working people behind him. Those other folks sound like they practiced their speeches together. Folks, you’re running for mayor, not the U.S. Senate.

Butterman
Butterman 04/22/14 - 04:07 pm
Cliche'

Helen's entire campaign is one big cliche'. Have you seen her slogan "Uniting Augusta Together"??

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/23/14 - 07:07 am
Major Rave to ALLGOOD Pest Control

As many of you know we are moving out of the ARC Sink Hole and are house hunting in North East GA. and North Middle Ga

After noticing sellers last Termites inspection letter was old.
We called ALLGOOD out to inspect the house.

Their inspector Richard Harmon, found what other was overlooked.
He spotted where the termites had gotten under the siding and had already visually infested a section.

Allgood just saved us from a major purchasing mistake and lots of $$$$$.

BTW:
The seller refused to allow deeper inspection, so we rescinded our offer.

We are looking again.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/23/14 - 07:38 am
Regarding Dumb drivers and Driver Licenses.

I have long felt everyone should have to sit and take a Dumb Driver Quiz, before being handed a Driver Lic.

Q1. Are wheelies fun on your Motorcycle?
Q2. When was the last time you cut a Doughnut ________________.
Q3. What is your biggest thrill using a car ___________?
Q4. Have ever tried to reenact a Smokey & the Bandit stunt ?
Q4a. How much damage did it cause? $______
Q4b. How many got hurt?_____
Q4c. Did you post a Youtube of it?______
Q5. Are you good at Drifting?
....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 07:35 am
YAWNNNNN

Uniting people together
Moving forward
Unite unite unite

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 07:36 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 07:39 am
To this rant

Tap them on the shoulder & ask if they pay 6tmx more in taxes than you do....if not....move it on over...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 07:42 am
A termite letter

noc...Did you know a termite letter can hold up a closing? That happened to us once.

Amazing little bugs..:)

KSL
KSL 04/23/14 - 08:07 am
Noc

You are probably better off. I thought you were looking more in the North GA area.

KSL
KSL 04/23/14 - 08:12 am
Lenders tend to be anti

Lenders tend to be anti termite, as well as anti other issues.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/23/14 - 08:37 am
@

@

harley_52
harley_52 04/23/14 - 08:50 am
"....house hunting in North East GA. and North Middle Ga"

The Appling/Winfield area is mighty nice.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 08:54 am
I have to be honest Augusta

I am concerned about your candidates for Mayor.....you have some smart people & some even post on here...BUT, they aren't running for office..

Rebel would be a great choice.. you can't afford a softy in this position.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 08:55 am
I agree with that harley

The Appling/Winfield area is mighty nice.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 09:38 am
Dr Ben Carson about the Bundy incident

Another important lesson from this incident is the value of a well-armed citizenry. The Second Amendment was crafted by wise citizens who recognized how quickly an enemy invasion could occur or how our own government could be deceived into thinking it had the right to dominate the people.

Such domination is considerably more difficult when people have arms and can put up significant resistance. This is the reason that brutal dictators like Fidel Castro, Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong, Adolf Hitler and Idi Amin tried to disarm the populace before imposing governmental control. Such domination could occur in America in the not-too-distant future if we are not vigilant.

We must be reasonable and willing to engage in conversation about how to limit the availability of dangerous weapons to criminals and very violent or insane people. In light of past worldwide atrocities committed by tyrants, though, to threaten the Second Amendment rights of ordinary American citizens is itself insanity. Those wishing to ban all assault weapons fail to understand the original intent of the Second Amendment.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/22/carson-when-government-l...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
M Ryan posted this on another article...just wanted all to see it...

Darby
Darby 04/23/14 - 10:28 am
"I cannot say I am all that impressed

with the motivational speaker/entrepreneur running."

Well, you know what they say about opinions and belly buttons.....

Everybody's got one.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/23/14 - 10:30 am
The guy with the 16 rod and

The guy with the 16 rod and reels reminds me of Bingo where people cover the table with cards. It can't be a relaxing time.

Darby
Darby 04/23/14 - 10:33 am
"RAVES TO THE person who paid for the dinner

my wife and I had at Cracker Barrel in Evans. We will pass it on."

Hey! What's going on? I eat at Cracker Barrel frequently. Nobody ever paid for my dinner.

Should I feel offended?

Maybe I should try to look "needy".

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 10:48 am
justthefacts
justthefacts 04/23/14 - 10:50 am
Karma

Darby, buy someone else's first (:

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/23/14 - 11:44 am
GA DNR has a NO rod limit per person.

Maybe it is time to change the law a little?

There is no restriction on the number of poles and lines you can use to fish for game fish except:

Trout - one pole
Fishing on Public Fishing Areas - two poles
Sport Shad fishing - two poles

corgimom
corgimom 04/23/14 - 11:52 am
"Uniting Augusta

"Uniting Augusta Together".

As opposed to "Uniting Augusta Apart"??

corgimom
corgimom 04/23/14 - 11:53 am
Unfortunately, there are

Unfortunately, there are inconsiderate clods everywhere you go.

Too bad some people don't have the courtesy to allow other people to fish, too.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 04/23/14 - 02:44 pm
driving in rain

"seen it" have you ever considered that AC may have shortened my comments to come out somewhat "witty" - though not done on purpose? I've been around a while and know what makes sense and does not - thanks for the laugh some folks had.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/23/14 - 03:22 pm
If you're going to speed

If you're going to speed through a school and no passing zone in a subdivision while it is raining, at least turn on your lights like the law requires you to do so we can see you soon enough to get out of your way. We prefer to live, thank you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/14 - 03:41 pm
Yes, AC can be witty at times

Thanks truly...you are witty too.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/23/14 - 04:50 pm
I have an entire pond

You can put out 10 poles and catch all the fish you want - but you must clean them and eat them! Can't imagine being mad at someone else when the whole idea of fishing is supposed to be relaxing

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/23/14 - 04:59 pm
Autumn

They have no regard for others and it's getting worse

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/23/14 - 05:09 pm
Note: DNR the Pole Limit statement is conflicting

It 1st says NO limit, then 2 lines down spells out limits.
The Pole limit is 2 for a PUBLIC Area and L&D is a public area.

So If DNR happen to get and Inspection request via its web site it would fine some people.

But remember, even though they may be breaking the DNR law.

A few of these people are trying to feed a family and save some $$$$.

Darby
Darby 04/23/14 - 05:14 pm
"Darby, buy someone else's first (:"

JTF - I have, on a couple of occasions. (Not recently) And BTW, I don't want or need anyone to buy my dinner.

If they did, I'd probably lay away all night wondering what I did to cause it to happen.

Particularly since I'm no longer in the military and my wife makes me clean up* and such before we go out and therefore I certainly don't look "down on my luck".

*If it were up to me, I'd probably go out in the same clothes I wear to work in the yard all day. I'm not proud and don't have a high opinion of myself. I would shower though. I love to get dirty and sweaty while working, but can't clean up fast enough once I come inside.

Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.