Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CAN THE MASTERS come up with different music on their broadcast other than the song by Loggins? I understand the Masters does not like change, but.... Come on!

NOW THAT WE SEE the article that noted hundreds of badges confiscated the past three years alone, does that mean there will be more chances at badge purchases?

A BIG RANT TO University Health Care. Although most employees there try their best, they are terribly overworked-- with little or no light at the end of the tunnel. I understand the impacts of Medicare reimbursements, impacts of Obamacare, etc...., but we all know that none of us want stressed out, overworked professionals taking care of us on any level of care. At any time, any of us or our loved ones will require hospital care. It is frightening to know what goes on inside that building.

THIS IS FOR THE PERSON that put a rant about the churches not giving free food away. It’s required by state law that we get identification showing where you live. We had people at our church coming every day, getting food and then going back to south Augusta and selling it. Our job is to feed the needy, not the greedy.

I THINK IT WAS TERRIBLE, that child standing there at the Augusta National, getting autographs not for herself but for her parents. She had no idea who the people were, but for her daddy. Shame on daddy for taking advantage of the little girl, that Augusta National has been so nice in allowing children to come in. Shame on that daddy for using her.

PLEASE INFORM the writer of the letter to the editor entitled “Push penny sales tax,” that the first sales tax, enacted in South Carolina, was 2 percent and that its sole purpose was for new school construction. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. Or better yet, give them 2 cents and they will take 8 cents.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/16/14 - 06:27 pm
Don't Touch That Music!!!

The lyrics to Dave Loggins "Augusta."

Well, it's springtime in the valley on Magnolia Lane
It's the Augusta National and the master of the game
Who'll wear that green coat on Sunday afternoon?
Who'll walk the 18th fairway singing this tune?
Augusta, your dogwoods and pines
They play on my mind like a song
Augusta, it's you that I love
And it's you that I'll miss when I'm gone.
It's Watson, Byron Nelson, Demaret, Player and Snead

It's Amen Corner and it's Hogan's perfect swing
It's Sarazen's double eagle at the 15 in '35
And the spirit of Clifford Roberts that keeps it alive
Augusta, your dogwoods and pines
They play on my mind like a song
Augusta, it's you that I love
And it's you that I miss when I'm gone.
It's the legions of Arnie's Army and the Golden Bear's throngs
And the wooden-shafted legend of Bobby Jones.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/16/14 - 07:25 pm
Girl on the Green

I'd like to see a follow-up story. What was that about and who is she?

iaaffg
iaaffg 04/17/14 - 04:17 am
#3: it's scary what goes on

#3: it's scary what goes on in ANY hospital. i've worked in a few; believe me, they ALL have their horror stories, and this was way before the big push for new and improved american healthcare came along. now that the insane, delusional dems have had their way (for the nonce), be prepared for even more tales from the crypt.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 06:55 am
Would you send your dog for jury duty

Or would you go..........:)

BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) -- Could this prospective juror take a bite out of crime?

Cumberland County, N.J., has summoned IV Griner to jury duty. The only problem is that IV is a 5-year-old German shepherd.

Her owner tells KYW-TV in Philadelphia ( http://cbsloc.al/1eyepho ) he sorted out the confusion soon after the summons arrived at his Bridgeton home.

The dog's owner is Barrett Griner IV. He uses the Roman numeral for four in his name. He named his dog using the letters "I" and "V."

The county's judiciary coordinator says the computer likely mistook the Roman numeral for Griner's first name and mailed the summons.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 06:59 am
Exactly--we feel your pain

"had people at our church coming every day, getting food and then going back to south Augusta and selling it. Our job is to feed the needy, not the greedy."

That is the feeling I have about freebie gov programs...if they only helped the needy, we could make progress in the USA.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 07:02 am
frightening to know what goes on inside that building.

Well now....I guess someone with an upcoming surgery should feel warm & fuzzy right now!!

THE DOCTOR MATTERS--get a good one!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 07:30 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 07:55 am
Harry Reid & the standoff...what's going on harry

Reid and his eldest son, reports indicate, were integral in the support and/or implementation of a $5 billion solar plant being built in the county by a Chinese company.

Officially, the federal agency has suggested they are only after Bundy because his cattle are a threat to an endangered species of tortoise. That narrative, however, fell apart in the opinion of many critics when it was revealed the agency itself has engaged in the widespread slaughter of the animal.

The recent allegations of Reid’s hand in the Bundy attack are bolstered by the fact that his former senior adviser also served as the director of the BLM. According to reports, Reid successfully redrew the endangered tortoise’s protected habitat to benefit a donor, indicating his concern is more about his political and financial future than the well-being of this reptile.

thauch12
thauch12 04/17/14 - 08:12 am
"IN TODAY’S RANTS and raves

"IN TODAY’S RANTS and raves they were talking about news being about the gays coming out and making news. I think the gays should have stayed in the closet. It would have been much better for everybody. I think, just stayed in the closet, where they should be."

As much as I think sexuality is something EVERYONE (not just the homosexuals) should be expressed in private (what happened to shame, people?), this rant just sounds downright stupid. Half of those sentences were not even proper sentences. Ultimately, drivel like that does more harm to one's cause than good...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/17/14 - 08:13 am
Dear Peach

cgee has the cutest woodpecker joke & cute slippers too....I'll try to get him to share some BUT doubt he will.......maybe he can send them in email...hahahahahhahahhohohoohohahahah-GOTCHA!!

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 04/17/14 - 09:19 am
Harry Reid and company

this politician should have been gone a long time ago, along with all the others in DC that are looking out for their own interests and that of their relatives and friends. I wish all States would succeed to secede and everyone of them run their own business. Too much greed, corruption and criminality going on with a lot of those so called politicians - they have no shame, "caring about their constituents". I cannot understand how so many of them can live from day to day without feeling guilty.

seenitB4

2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add the remaining ingredients except raisins and nuts. Mix well until blended. Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour into greased and floured 8 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.

Excuse me now....I have values to twist & minds to warp......my work is never done!♥

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 10:33 am
R & R's

"PLEASE INFORM the writer of the letter to the editor entitled “Push penny sales tax,” that the first sales tax, enacted in South Carolina, was 2 percent and that its sole purpose was for new school construction. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. Or better yet, give them 2 cents and they will take 8 cents"

I totally agree with this and I didn't know this when I wrote the LTE. If Aiken County schools are in such bad disrepair, SOUNDS LIKE the "DO-NOTHING" administrators are making way to much!! I thank-you for the feed-back!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 10:39 am
Riverman1 @ 8:25 PM

"I'd like to see a follow-up story. What was that about and who is she"

AH, SOMEONE knows what ALL men are asking!! I can not believe she was not caught and escorted off of the property!! I guess BEAUTY has it's prevlages! Thanks Riverman1 for asking the question that all men would like to know!!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 10:42 am
Riverman1 @ 7:27 PM

"Don't Touch That Music!!!
The lyrics to Dave Loggins "Augusta."

It is amazing how much we are in agreement today!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/17/14 - 11:07 am
Girl on the green

I just figured she was running away from riverman............

happychimer
19537
happychimer 04/17/14 - 11:46 am
What the gays do is none of

What the gays do is none of my business. If you think being gay is wrong, then don't be gay.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/17/14 - 12:11 pm
After generations of watching Govenment do as it pleases

I have come to the realization that the Citizens lack any viable way to properly hold politicians, appointees and their staff accountable for breaking the law and violating our rights.

It looks more and more like we need an Ethics Court or something.
A Court with the authority to demand an Investigation into ethics, practices and actions of Congressional Members and Other Federal staff. By using Investigators and Prosecutors appointed by a People's Constitutional Law Court of Judges and INDEPENDENT of Federal controls.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/17/14 - 12:17 pm
What would happen if we had a

Christian Family / Straight Parade on Broad St.?
Should we expect to see protests?
More than Likely YES.

Like all Liberal Groups we are required to accept.

But ask them to meet a Conservative Christian Family / Straight
1/2 way?

Most I have made the offer to, pushed back.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 12:27 pm
justthefacts @ 12:07

"Girl on the green
I just figured she was running away from riverman............"

I like your thought process!! I noticed that "THE GIRL" pictures have been taken off of the home page. Could it be because of Riverman1 and my comments??!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/17/14 - 12:37 pm
t3bledsoe - Girl on the Green

Maybe one of Tigers friends looking for him on the course.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/17/14 - 12:39 pm
Girl on the green

Any bets that we see her in a some sort of Media in the future.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/14 - 01:22 pm
JTF, T3 and Noc

Do I know how to point out what men like or what? Fluorescent. This woman, a Zelda Fitzgerald type with long legs, a Southern belle, uninhibited, spontaneous and a little tipsy, who isn’t afraid to have fun challenging the rules. Dare her and she’ll do it. We’ll hear more of the wayward, barefoot, walk on the wild side girl.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/14 - 02:06 pm
Get-away Braves Game Days

Gotta love these get-away Braves game days when I finish work early. 65 degrees, sunny, Augusta, GA. Life is beautiful. All I need is an Evan Gattis pinch hit homerun to wash a beer down with.

BTW, is there a player in all of MLB with a bigger belly than Atlanta back-up catcher, Gerald Laird? Heh.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/17/14 - 02:15 pm
Braves

What is the score?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/14 - 02:24 pm
Like I'm going to answer that

Like I'm going to answer that and let you think I click on this thing THAT much. 0-0. Heh.

8th inning...I'm telling ya a Gattis' pinch hit. Alex Wood from UGA is the pitcher who is pitching beautifully. He's a real gentleman.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/14 - 02:25 pm
Dang, Phillies scored...

Dang, Phillies scored...

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/17/14 - 02:38 pm
Phils, 1-0. Gattis never

Phils, 1-0. Gattis never pinch hit. Still a great game for UGA Alex Wood.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 02:39 pm
Riverman1 @ 2:22

"We’ll hear more of the wayward, barefoot, walk on the wild side girl"

We men can ONLY HOPE!! I don't see this happening if the photografer didn't put her up to it! By the way, the site stated 14 pictures, but I only got 10! I feel cheated!!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/17/14 - 02:43 pm
JTF, Noc, & River

"Any bets that we see her in a some sort of Media in the future"

I won't be able to tell because I didn't see her face, BUT the rest of her, well, you know........