Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES TO MS. CANDY at the Belair/Columbia Road Wells Fargo. A very nice and polite teller and cashier at the bank. Always so nice and polite when I go over there. She cares about the customers. Always makes the customers feel welcome and always addresses me by name.

I’D LIKE TO THANK Bill and Sylvia for their writing, it’s super. I wanted to mention the best kept secret in Augusta is the Medical College of Dentistry. They were well beyond professional in how efficient in everything they did. If folks only knew how fortunate we are to have them, it wouldn’t be a secret.

PLEASE EXPLAIN: It is illegal to sell my ticket for face value or even less to another person, but it is perfectly fine to sell it to a licensed seller who then will scalp the buyer to no end? A fine law!

TO THE ONES WHO are complaining about the Patch and roses. I say send prisoners out there to clean up the Patch and plant a new rose bush. And send prisoners to clean up all of south Augusta, as well. That way it’ll reduce their time and their fines as well. They’d get fresh air and sunshine as well.

THERE ARE TOO MANY heart-broken children standing in line for hours trying to get an autograph from their favorite golfer for the Masters to continue this scenario. The area should not be there as most of the golfers wouldn’t even look up and acknowledge them. What a pity.

SO THE RANTER CALLS Tiger Woods diseased and thanked God Tiger was not there. The ranter is the one with a mental disease – or two. She/he’s a great reason to not believe in any God possible because she/he worships one to claim his/her fellow man diseased and to imply that is God’s purpose. There cannot be a God who would supposedly preach morals and values but permit someone with a diseased mind and heart to preach something different from his so-called works.

I’M NOT SURE FOR all the reasons but it was wonderful to be able to ride the city buses on Washington Road and NOT be late! So I’m glad the Augusta National purchased property to set up as free parking for their patrons and for whoever in the city worked out the traffic.

THERE IS WAY TOO much going on to complain about a private club permitting smoking in their vast area. Will that complainer please turn in his/her Masters ticket so someone can draw it?

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/12/14 - 06:11 pm
Waiting for the Real Federal size 24EEEE Boot to drop

Cliven Bundy, a Nevada cattle rancher appears to have won his week-long battle with the federal government over a controversial cattle roundup of some of his herd.

OR DID HE?

I am willing to bet once the LARGE PROTECTIVE & ARMED with video, smart phones and other tools crowd disperses, in the next few days the FED's will pull a Late Night SWAT Raid.

Just like they did under President Clinton, in what is now called
Elián González incident.

BTW:

I am confident AG Holder seems to follow the same pattern of selective enforcement as AG Reno did ... Which was ....Whatever the boss wanted.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/12/14 - 06:33 pm
Wasn't Rev Al

also one the ones that accused Presidents Reagan or Bush of using the CIA to dump COKE and Crack into the Ghettos to fund secret operations?

Whats the word for this ........ HYPOCRITE .

Yeah that's the word. HYPOCRITE!

Maybe it explains why he has become a word for word Parrot for the Obama Administration.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/12/14 - 10:09 pm
Please!!!!!

Somebody tell me this is satire or right wing propaganda!:

Shakedown: Treasury now seizing tax refunds from adult children to pay parents’ decades-old Social Security debts

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/12/14 - 10:21 pm
Ranter #3

Ranter #3 is oh, so, wrong. It is not illegal for Ranter #3 to sell her ticket to someone else (face value or greater than face value) as long as the transaction takes place at least 2,500 feet away from the property line of the place where the ticketed event takes place!

Please, let’s keep a little decorum here.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/12/14 - 10:19 pm
Ranter #5

Ranter #5 did not provide enough details for us commenters to help her. What in the world is she talking about?

KSL
KSL 04/12/14 - 11:39 pm
I can remember in the 60's

I can remember in the 60's when my father brought my younger brother to the Masters. There were certain golfers too arrogant to bother signing autographs for their young fans.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/14 - 06:28 am
2500 ft. and Selling Tickets

Here's the problem. At least one establishment within the 2500 ft. boundary, right across Washington Rd., resells tickets. This establishment also has close connections to the RCSO. So if we are going to bust people on the street for selling tickets within the boundary, saying such things as the law is the law, then we need a raid of any business within the 2500 ft. doing the same thing, no matter how legitimate the process appears.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 07:06 am
I tell you what...

It was hot on the Veranda yesterday..2 female heifers actually stood on my red plantation dress....they were leaning over the banister trying to see the cute golfers walking by....silly, silly females.. I almost jerked the dress from under them...but that wouldn't be southern of me.

I thought I saw ksl & corgi walk by....but nahhh, too much makeup to be the posters..besides, they didn't walk like a southern woman anyway...yaknow, sorta flirty & swaying.

Next year I don't think I will pull out my Scarlett dresses....rebel said I didn't need them to get attention. He said to just let my smile do the talking..heh..he doesn't have a clue cause all he wants to do is fish.
Lilly might join me next year but she wants to dress like Rhett...Lordy, lordy, how will I ever explain THAT! There is only 1 Rhett & sometimes he posts on here....but right now he is building a brand new plantation & is busy as a pig in slop..yaknow whatta mean.

Btw..I just saw on the news that a man got 5 years in prison for stabbing a pig & pushing his dog to bite him,.....what has the world come to.....ya just don't know anymore..

I need more vodka in my julep...so, will talk later..♥

stuaby
stuaby 04/13/14 - 07:52 am
Ranter #5 Good for those

Ranter #5

Good for those kids. Some lessons in life hurt, but need to be learned--the hard way, if need be.

Celebrity worship is counterproductive, a waste of time and makes one look silly. Celebrities put their socks on one foot at a time, just like everybody else.

Jake
Jake 04/13/14 - 09:41 am
Anyone know....

....the story behind the "Girl on the Green" photo slideshow? I have not seen anything in the AC that backs it up unless it was posted earlier and I missed it. It appears she was having a "blonde moment".

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/13/14 - 10:20 am
Ok B4

I'll be Belle hehehe

dwb619
dwb619 04/13/14 - 11:19 am
Girl on the green

I wonder if the National revokes just the ticket she was holding,or ALL tickets bought in that account?
Either way, there will be at least one more for the 2015 lottery.

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/13/14 - 10:47 am
smoking

I am also a non smoker but I doubt you will ever see smoking banned at the Augusta National. Most smokers are courteous enough to try and direct the smoke from cigarettes/cigars away from the people close to them. However, there is always one or two boneheads in the crowd.
Good posts this morning except for one. Totally useless.

allhans
allhans 04/13/14 - 12:10 pm
The next step against Bundy

The next step against Bundy will be attaching his bank accounts, etc. They will starve him out.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/13/14 - 01:29 pm
Best Masters Joke heard this week

Heard at Huddle House last night.

"I was watching the Masters and I remember the day I was once on top of the Masters leader board.

You were in the Masters?

Yeah, but I got dragged down by security and banned for life. "

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/13/14 - 02:55 pm
Master's

Go Bubba

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 04:05 pm
Attention attention posters

Evidently some of the posters did NOT get the memo that sawgrasss has to approved all posts...dang, I also checked his posts & found he is still the same lovable poster with this post from years back..

sawgrass07/10/08 - 08:07 am

STOP using the reader

STOP using the reader comments section as a chat room !!!!!! People such as "trouble", "roadkill", "rjay", fire-n-ince, coldbeerboiledpeanuts etc., waste space. Their comments are nothing more than useless banter back and forth. Get a life. Reserve your comments that are related to the rants/rave section. If you don't understand how a chat room works, buy some stamps and write each other a letter !!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW--Those posters are some of my favorite on here...sooo watch it buddy.... some of them are in theBurke county mafia, so I wouldn't mess with them..:)

corgimom
corgimom 04/13/14 - 05:18 pm
noc noc, there is a big

noc noc, there is a big difference between a child custody case and illegal grazing of cattle on public lands. The two have nothing in common. Elian Gonzales' father had every legal right to have his son returned to him, as does every parent who has had a child illegally taken from them.

As for Cliven Bundy's claim that he has ancestral grazing rights, I think the Native Americans that lived there before his ancestors got there might feel differently.

Cliven Bundy is not above the law, and he doesn't have the right to graze his cattle on public lands for free.

KSL
KSL 04/13/14 - 05:35 pm
But the Reids do not have the

But the Reids do not have the right to use the assests of the federal government for personal gain.

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/13/14 - 06:03 pm
wow

Wow, seenitB4. My comment wasn't directed towards you. Before you accuse someone of something, get your facts straight!!! Sounds as if you feel guilty of something. Back off.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 06:10 pm
Facts are straight

We have had endless debates about this...the BOSSMAN has approved this spot (r/rs) for loose conversations...he doesn't want it all over the boards..it didn't have to be about me....YOU or any other poster can't dictate what others post....

goodnight all

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/13/14 - 06:18 pm
wait seenitB4

Wow, that's a way to bow out gracefully. I made a comment, as other do, and you attacked me for no reason. You made an assumption, which was wrong on your part. Now you are saying good night. Backbone not included.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 06:22 pm
Passed my bedtime

And you are not lovable enough to hang with on here...

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/13/14 - 06:31 pm
seenitB4

Again, you make a negative comment towards me. My original comment was NOT directed towards you. However, you assumed it was. I suppose you assume you do make useless comments. My comment was directed at another post, not yours. I am loveable.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 06:32 pm
Hmmmm

Prove it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/14 - 06:37 pm
Hubby is calling me

Gotta go....we could call you Mr Lovable in the future IF you can be lovable...hubby wants a beer & wants to celebrate BUBBA!!!!!