Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RUSSIAN PRESIDENT Putin is playing three dimensional chess while our clueless leader is playing marbles.

OH THE INCONGRUITY of it all. People can spew vitriol against the Truths of the Bible, and it is considered free speech. Christians can quote the Truths of the Bible, and it is called hate speech.

IF YOU CAN’T TRUST your drug dealer to not rip you off, who can you trust these days? Certainly not the President.

CHIEF JONES IS DOING an excellent job in the City of Harlem. I would just like to clarify the City of Harlem rides on the back of the county residents and has for quite some time. County residents pay twice the amount for water and garbage as do city residents. Also the Citizens on Patrol should be renamed City on Patrol – this newly developed program does not patrol the county – only the city. I am a citizen of Harlem, but this newly developed program does not patrol my area in the county. Also because we have a “city” and “county” – the county residents cannot vote for the Mayor or other city officials. This is submitted with no name because I don’t want to end up on someone’s black list.

IF THE “THUNDER” SHOW is going to stay in Evans, that should be renamed “Thunder Over Evans.” Why is it still using the name of Augusta?

GODLY ANGEL SENT to us, by the name of a Ginger, words can not explain, the compassion you showed to my family the morning of 4-7-2014 in circle k gas station. I read the bible the other night about kindness. Sometimes crying is healing, u showed me that god sees the suffering of being a mother of a severely ill child. If I ever see you again I will give you a hug, because of u I know god hears my worries. GOD BLESS, out of nowhere you came, my god give you back ten fold, may we meet again,

SO SOME COLLEGE athletes are trying to unionize – good for them. The NCAA, coaches, and suits and ties are making Billions Of dollars off of their endeavors. The kids get next to nothing. Time to share the pot of gold.

IF THE OBAMAS CAN take time from their travels, I’d love to have them plant a big kiss on me. Yes. Right where the sun don’t shine.

THE BASEBALL STADIUM in Richmond, Va., is a no no. What would they say if it was a basketball stadium?

LAST WEEK I HEARD a GRU student saying she was required to go to a play with lots of profanity in it. And this week I read that GRU is showing a film called Transgendered Tuesdays. What is going on?

THIS IS A RANT FOR THE Augusta National. I have friends that came here all the way from Canada. They got rained out today, but yet they’re telling them they can’t buy anything tomorrow with their tickets they had today. That just shows how greedy the National Golf Course is and how greedy Augusta is. These people spent money to come all the way from Canada. It wasn’t their fault it rained.

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD tell the media that the Masters tournament went on before Tiger Woods and it will continue for a long time after Tiger Woods. Thank goodness he didn’t put his diseased body in Augusta. Hurray. Thank you, Lord.

THIS NONSENSE ABOUT Ike’s Tree is not important. Our farmers are being shot at by police because they can’t use the grassland for their cows. And somebody else is being arrested that’s selling milk. Raw milk.

THIS IS A RAVE TO THE gentleman that wrote in The Augusta Chronicle this week welcoming everybody to Augusta for the Masters golf tournament. He’s thanking a former secretary of state Condaleeza Rice and all the other tournament committee members for regulating this spectacle. We welcome you. That’s admirable to give Ms. Condaleeza Rice first credit, who is a new provisional invitee member, but I think he should have thanked Mr. Billy Payne for such a well orchestrated organization.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/14 - 08:03 pm
I concur..

"DON’T WANT ANOTHER Bush. Don’t want another Clinton. Don’t want another Obama. I loathe re-runs."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/14 - 08:05 pm
Rain

It wasn't ANGC's fault either. The course can only serve so many people safely, so doubling up is not an option. If they bought tickets fro AGNC, they will be able to buy them again next year for Monday.

What more do you want or expect?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/09/14 - 08:13 pm
Practice Rounds Tickets

I'm sorry that Monday's practice round was cut short because of the thunder and lightning. But, let's face it, when there is lightning out there, you've got to get people off the course.

Now, those Canadians who purchased tickets for Monday's practice round had no expectation that they would get any future consideration because of the bad weather, but Masters Tournament officials went way outside the norm when they announced they would refund the ticket price and give the ticket holders the option to purchase tickets for next year's Monday practice round. That is above and beyond the call of duty.

I hope they come back next year and buy all the nick nacks they can carry from the gift shop.

harley_52
harley_52 04/09/14 - 09:44 pm
Refunds On Practice Round Tickets...

...will be made at face value and go to the original purchaser. So will next year's Monday tickets.

Pity the poor visitor who bought the ticket from the original purchaser and paid him $400, or so.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 05:22 am
Thanks to yall

I had this song in my head all day...yesterday...

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
And she's always gone to long.
Anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone.
wonder if she's gone to stay.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
And this house just ain't no home.
Anytime she goes away.

Read more: Barry White - Aint No Sunshine Lyrics | MetroLyrics

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 05:40 am
Attention Attention

The National can NOT control the weather...

They can control planes flying banners in the sky though...or dumb bunnies bashing through the gates. :)

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/10/14 - 05:56 am
The Liberals new (OLD) war slogan

Researching Equal Pay Question took me almost 4 hours.

Mainly because it appears the Liberals are plastering the Internet and using Google to saturate and steer Internet user to their NEWSPEAK articles. So yes weeding through the recently professionally placed Tidal Wave of Self publish data, took some time.

while checking I also noticed many dead links, as Liberal groups removed or pulled their old articles that claimed and phrased current and past presidents (Obama, Clinton Cater and yes even some very minor phrase for Bush and Reagan) in the Pay Gap closing.

So digging and searching for a fair, neutral factual article I decided to use a OFFICIAL GOV Document and my calculator.

Initially I quickly saw that Females OVER ALL make less $$$$ than Males when looked at using only ANNUAL basis.

But, if we use those same figures and minus out the numbers of those on Federal & State assistance, the gap becomes closer to equal.

If we adjust for the documented Educational Gap we step a little closer to equal.

If we adjust for a number of other issues, like only females have babies and take 12 weeks Maternity Leave not men, then number could be argued that there is very little gap, or even make more in some cases.

While on the subject of females having babies.
The facts also show UNWED Mothers usually have much lower pay because they have lower education, tend to have more than 1 baby out of wed lock, tend to be out of work more frequently and change jobs more often than Men.

So before anyone jumps on a Band wagon and sings "Kum ba yah" or starts rehearsing their next protest chants.

We need to Peal the Onion to see the layers that cause the built in problem.

Sure in a perfect world, where everyone is equally educated, has equal skills, has the same uninterrupted employment length of time should be paid the same.

But look at the Political Equal Pay issue with the Lights On.

But Statistically depending on how they narrowly use the wage data they can argue Yes there is a Gap. But anyone drilling down quickly can see there many NON-EMPLOYER REASONS.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 05:50 am
On the Veranda

I waited on the veranda in my best Scarlett dress...yaknow, the green & white ruffled dress she wore to the barbecue... I was sipping my julep & minding my own bizwax too....Billy came up & wanted to know if I was comfortable---nahhh not Morris, the Payne guy...I used my best drawl & said sweetly, "Everything is just perfect kind sir.." (sweetly, of course, with sugar dripping)

AAhhh, what a beautiful week to be in Augusta Ga...my home town.♥

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/10/14 - 06:16 am
Southern Manners vs. Yankee culture

We were out yesterday celebrating the future new house and having what turned out to be a really bad Lobster. At a place, that should of all places, known how to cook a lobster.

An older, out of state couple parked their caddie next us, got out and started heading to the door oohhhhh so slowly. As we passed them, and arrived at the front door ahead of them, I held the door for wife and then waited for them to slowly arrive.

I got the most strangest look from them, like they were worried
we were setting them up for a Mugging. We then told the hostess
to seat them ahead of us. Which produced a even stranger puzzled
look from them.

We were seated about 10 feet apart and the continued looks of bewilderment were worth the bad meal.

We were almost tempted to pay for their meal without telling them, just to see their next reaction.

But as the wife reminded me, never reward Bad Manners.
Because not once did these Yankees say "Thank you".

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/10/14 - 06:18 am
SIB4 - sorry we are going miss seeing you.

This time around.
Maybe we'll all meet up in Atlanta in the coming months...

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 06:22 am
Henry county you say

Good move & keep us updated...I'm pretty sure they have internet there ...:)
20 miles south of hot Atlanta...yea!

ok nocnoc--I'll even say thank you when you open the door.♥

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 06:25 am
nocnoc, more women than men

nocnoc, more women than men attend college, and have done so for many years, so I have no idea where you are getting your "documented educational gap".

And very few women take 12 weeks maternity leave, its usually 6 weeks, and since most women today only have 1, 2 or 3 children over their lifetime, that is insignificant- it isn't any more significant that when men get injured or ill and have to take 6 weeks off.

The truth is that many women make less than men for doing the exact same job, it is pure discrimination.

So your "peeling the onion" is flawed.

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 06:26 am
But nocnoc, I truly hope that

But nocnoc, I truly hope that you find nothing but happiness in your new home.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 06:58 am
Brothel owner gone with the wind..

Ms Maybelle Merriweather just died this week---96 years ole...she was the red head with flair ...ran her own business in GWTW...she probably made most of her money off Rhett...:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/14 - 07:20 am
Noc didn't say there was not

Noc didn't say there was not a gap, only that it wasn't as big as they would have you believe.
You would be hard pressed to make me believe non-salaried workers have a different scale for people doing EXACTLY the same job. I use the category non-salaried because that makes up the bulk of the workforce and is where you can compare apples to apples.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/10/14 - 07:32 am
weather

seenit (6:40) don't you know the weather is controlled by a machine somewhere in Alaska? If only we could get them to create a small ice storm on the hill on Berkmans. That way it would be closed and those of us who live here could get out via Ingleside.

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 07:30 am
itsa, I can tell you from

itsa, I can tell you from personal experience that wage discrimination does exist.

You may be hard-pressed to believe it, but it's true.

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 07:31 am

If you want to know how much your physician received from Medicare last year, go to that link.

The University Hospital and MCG doctors are in the 30901 zip code, it doesn't work if you just type "Augusta GA"

boodroe
1980
boodroe 04/10/14 - 07:43 am
Jack Kingston Obama ad

Why is Jack Kingston running an ad with an Obama impersonator it is silly and beneath the office Kingston wants to hold

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 07:46 am
Ben Carson wants me to

Ben Carson wants me to subscribe to a new e-mag for conservative black leaders. I got his email this morning.

Hahahaha, I think I'll pass, I'm not black.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/14 - 07:50 am
Point to ponder

Much has been said about what Obama should do to hurt the Russian
economy. To me the plan to destroy Russia is simple:

1) Ban their use of coal
2) Mandate that Russia goes on Obamacare
3) Don’t allow any drilling on Russian public land
4) Have the EPA pass rulings on Russian business
5) Re-define the full time Russian work week to 30 hours
6) Raise the Russian minimum wage
7) Mandate overtime pay for government employees
8) Demand the Russian Government pay free Welfare benefits to un-qualified Citizens and Illegal immigrants

This plan is proven and has been working in the U. S. since 2009.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 07:58 am
Roadkill

The weather control from Alaska...well now, that doesn't surprise me one little bit---we all know the stores have their controls coming from China/India...
I know some who programmed the things...they really do....we are out of control with controls..

btw Mr IAD--there is a huge difference in pay with women/men----if they can get away with it, some do...same job too.
I will admit that some jobs require a man's strength...I'll gladly step aside & let yall carry that load..just open my door---send me roses---get me chocolate cherries--& those sparkles called diamonds...& we will be good to you..:)

Seeyall later----lots of stuff to do.
I miss my coldbeer & menu......

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/10/14 - 08:05 am
Good Morning from the Broad

Good Morning from the Broad St Canal Coffee, Bar&Grill and Psychiatric Center. Today's Special is in honor of the Irish Mafia, Irish Coffee, served hot or iced, add that to our about to be famous Pimento Cheese/Fried Green Tomato sandwich and our Bacon stuffed potatoe skins and you've got the beginning of a great meal.......... So stroll on down the Marion Williams Broad St Canal Skyway or tube on in on the Alvin Mason Broad St Canal....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/14 - 08:32 am
Mrs Seenit

I know that historically, pay gaps were real and measurable. I'm pretty certain that white men made more for the same jobs than anyone else.

Nowadays, not so much. With the focus on efficiency and productivity brought about with world market competition, companies reward the best; no matter the gender or ethnicity. I very seriously doubt that ATT for example, pays a service tech differently based on gender.

It is all about getting the job done. It just doesn't make sense to pay less to a more productive employee.

I'm just saying, if you want to prove it exists, you can't just look at average pay for women vs. men. As Noc rightly pointed out; those "averages" have a lot factored into them that skew the number. You have to look at specific jobs and measure the differences there, not on a cumulative average.

edit: And when you look at specific jobs for comparison, you can't include positions where public demand dictates pay. Musicians, artists, actors, athletes, etc. don't count. People pay for their output, not employers per se.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 08:27 am
Mr IAD

I wasn't speaking about AT&T--bu it does happen & more than you think---if I have time later I will put my $$ where my mouth is...can't now.

Anyway---here is a song for the Masters Guests

(I'm sure corgi can find some info to back this up) byebye
still luv you IAD

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 08:30 am
BTW

What is funny is, the pay gap is happening in the WHouse right now...

BUT, don't think that this won't matter to females, because it will.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/10/14 - 08:43 am
Hey, don't think I don't

Hey, don't think I don't enjoy the debate. ;) I just want someone to show me where hourly workers in the U.S. have a gender disparity for the same job; with the same tenure, and same performance rating. I say again, it can't be measured on average annual salary; too many mitigating factors. For example, there are a lot of lower paying careers where women make up the bulk of the staff. That said, I wager that men in those same careers make a comparable wage.

It may very well still exist, just not to the scale the Dems would have you believe.

harley_52
harley_52 04/10/14 - 09:31 am
"Southern Manners vs. Yankee culture"

Assuming all "yankees" are without manners is probably just as erroneous as assuming all Southerners are courteous.

Having lived all around the U.S. as well as other continents, I can assure you there are courteous people everywhere and so are there askholes in all those same places.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/14 - 10:05 am
Monday Rain and The Masters

One thing the cancellation of Monday's practice rounds did is make the Tuesday and Wednesday tickets go for more. Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/14 - 10:38 am
Less Crowded, The Better We Are

There are courteous people everywhere, north and south, but one thing I've noticed is that the less crowded a place is the more courteous the people are. Of course, this is simply a personal observation of mine, but people from the north I know who are polite and often conservative are usually from rural regions or small towns in the north. The south is not as heavily populated as the north and that may lead to the feeling people in the south are more casual and polite. Of course all bets are off if you are in Atlanta, etc. as John Rocker said in Sports Illustrated.

Kettle donations rise in 2014