Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MANY, MANY THANKS to the soldier who found my pocketbook I had left in my buggy in the parking lot at Wal-Mart. You turned it in and made an old woman very happy! We need more people like you. May God richly bless you!!

RAVES TO MS. SMOOT, a professor at Georgia Regents University. She is a wonderful teacher. My son told me what a good job she does. Thank you so much.

A RECENT NEWSPAPER article mentioned that an individual was obtaining insurance for 48 cents a month, while a currently running commercial mentions that another individual received insurance for free. I’m happy that people are being covered, but I’m wondering how Obama is going to pay for this … more loans from China?

I’M SERIOUSLY TRYING to understand how three officers and cars are going to help curb aggressive driving 24/7/365 on as many miles of road as there are in Richmond County. And when they look like they are more inclined to be used for DUI convictions as they are to be handing out tickets for speeding and aggressive driving? Just another PR job to make people think this state cares about public safety on their highways when their own new laws say otherwise.

I’D LIKE TO SEE THE newspaper report about all these people who got these big raises when they shut down certain departments. Why aren’t these people doing their jobs? They’re pushing it over on the little man, and they didn’t get a raise. It’s like they are trying to make the maintenance department disappear.

IF MR. RYAN WANTS to balance the budget, stop Michelle from spending $25 million on all these trips she’s taking. And by the way, the Chinese didn’t want them there anymore.

RANT FOR OUR ELECTED officials in Washington. If Obamacare is such a wonderful thing, why aren’t they signing up for it? Let’s get them on it and then we’ll see how good it really is. It’s kind of like their retirement plan: Social Security is good enough for us but it’s not good enough for them. Obamacare is going to fit under that same category.

THIS IS A RANT FOR our present government: Chamberlain needs to move over and let Churchill take over.

BEN CARSON FOR president!

itsanotherday1
42042
itsanotherday1 04/06/14 - 08:22 pm
"LESS THAN 2 PERCENT of

"LESS THAN 2 PERCENT of America’s uninsured now have insurance through Obama(doesn’t)Care. Yep, that’s real progress."

You are revealing another big lie from the O administration. 7 million signed up? How many of those were people who LOST THEIR PREVIOUS INSURANCE due to ACA? My sources say 97%, you say 98%; but either way you cut it, that is a piddling number of formerly UNINSURED for a 2 TRILLION $ program. 3% of the supposed 35 million uninsured are now covered... For $2 trillion....

itsanotherday1
42042
itsanotherday1 04/06/14 - 08:30 pm
As annoying as the

As annoying as the extravagance of the Obama trips are, it is nickels relative to the the bloated government budget.

KSL
KSL 04/06/14 - 09:54 pm
Take care of the pence and

Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/06/14 - 10:37 pm
Rant #5

I'm sorry, but if you don't provide more details than you did, we loyal commenters have no way to help you.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/06/14 - 10:40 pm
Autism

Ben Harbin for dog catcher.

geecheeriverman
2032
geecheeriverman 04/07/14 - 06:02 am
Obama Care

Obamacare is doing just what it was intended to do. Give free insurance to the neer-do- wells, and the non working people. I hope this will soon be the straw that will cause what former VP Agnew called the silent majority, to rise up and protest and take our country back from the present Regime.

iaaffg
2000
iaaffg 04/07/14 - 06:20 am
the senate and the hor all

the senate and the hor all need to be booted to the curb. since it appears they have pretty much done away with the constitution and any semblance of rationality, why wait for an election? we as the taxpayers, we as 'the people', should fire all of them, take away their bennies, their perks, their health insurance, their fancy cars, their fancy houses, etc., and turn them all out on their own. these people are the biggest deadbeats around, the biggest freeloaders, bar none. it's bad enough the taxpayers are stuck with footing the bill for every 'poor' person whoever drew breath on this soil, plus others who weren't, much less than foot the bill for a politician's lifestyle, which does NOT consist of trips to wendy's for the dollar menu, shopping for clothes at walmart or goodwill,driving a 25 yr old hooptie, or living in a 1950's rancher with no new amenities. and then when we examine what we got for our money's worth from these elected dolts, well...sadly lacking and pee-poor is about all you can say.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/07/14 - 06:26 am
corgimom
corgimom 04/07/14 - 06:33 am
geecheeriverman, no, finally

geecheeriverman, no, finally working class people can have health insurance.

People that didn't work always had indigent health care- that we got stuck paying for, for outrageously priced ER visits.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/07/14 - 06:43 am
Typical, I am from the Socialist Government and here to help

Reason given for destroying US Healthcare and replacing it with
Obamacare: 45 million uninsured must be insured.

So the Socialist's Step in to help.

Now 4 years later, 32Million+ of the 45Million still don't have insurance.
In fact have avoided it because of higher costs. So the Socialist tell them to quit using their Cell Phones, so they can afford to buy Obamacare.

14 to 18 million (numbers still coming in) hourly workers get their hours cut to <30 and have to take a 2nd job and/or take public assistance. Employers hire addition staff to cover the open hours, now available and where needed to avoid the Obamacare mandate.

The Socialist announce Employment numbers are up.
but fail to mention the number of full time jobs has dropped and the increase is due to employers hiring part-timers to fill in the hours they cut to avoid Obamacare.

Socialists & Liberals sing phrases that it is helping the poor but fail to explain How?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/14 - 07:52 am
Teacher Crush

Somebody's little boy has a crush on his teacher.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/14 - 07:59 am
@LL

LL, what's Ben Harbin done bad........recently?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 08:14 am
Fingers crossed..

I'm going to try to be on my best behavior..it won't be easy either..
I want JTF & Rebel to be proud of me....
Anyway, my evil twin has a hangover & won't come on til later.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 08:18 am
Country Music Awards

I give up---what I think is country has gone bye bye..

I turned it off after 1 hour of watching---I really like Blake but the songs & music are more rock/roll than country...I guess my youtubes & pandora will have to suffice.....
Will I ever see Cline--Hank type again.....I doubt it ...why does everything--I mean every blessed thing have to change?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 08:23 am
Soccer is coming---hold on to ya britches!

ICYMI: A Major League Soccer expansion franchise is coming to Atlanta.

Learn more here: http://on-ajc.com/QWwbkb

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/14 - 08:34 am
Soccer

A friend of mine, actually my boss, who coached a soccer team had to work late one day and asked me to coach his team for a game. Reluctantly, I went out to Patriot's Park and coached the team for the game. Knowing nothing about soccer when the 10 year olds looked to me for instruction, I just sternly said, "Kick the ball harder." I said that over and over.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 08:52 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/14 - 08:57 am
Good Morning America

George Stephanopoulos on the Good Morning America stage with rapper Pharrell Williams is incongruous. I kind of felt sorry for George as he tried to move with the music. George smiled while the rapper spouts the most inane comments about what’s wrong with the world. Quite a comedown for George from being the White House Communications Directory.

Then there’s this audience on the NYC street outside the studio applauding. You just know there’s only about three part-time jobs among the lot of them. It’s kind of like an old talk show radio host who is relegated to spinning rock records during the day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 08:58 am
Credit to KSM for this :)

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY

Turn left on Washington Rd during Masters week..

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/14 - 09:09 am
SeenIt, oh come on. The local

SeenIt, oh come on. The local post office will always have a reason to exist. Tag office, too. The population moves toward Appling...know what I mean.

rebellious
20630
rebellious 04/07/14 - 09:09 am
SeenitB4

and all of you other online misfits and reprobates, behave! Self included. The eyes of the world are upon ye.

So rules for the week are:
1) Pithy and witty are in
2) Phlosophical and Religious (OMG) discusions are fair game
3) Ridicule of stupid criminals is front and center
4) No dirty laundry on the line
5) No one, I repeat No One, bring up crazy Uncle Billy who lives in the basement.

Now go about your business avoiding "West Richmond/East Columbia counties. Put on your best Southern Drawl, use those mascara pens to create the appearance of Tobacco juice dribble in the corner of your mouth, and lets sell some straw hats, Civil War reproduction antiques, lacquered baby alligator heads and other valuable Southern mementos to our visitors from colder climate. Remember what PT Barnum said, and do your part in that separation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 09:41 am
UUM RM

I will do my part for humanity if you do your part..OK..

MR Rebel---You are asking a lot from me---I'm sure yaknow that already... I am trying though..
Some that you listed are not on my agenda anyway.heh heh

Yes, the eyes are watching & we want to put on our finest dresses & paint the town a glorius color & a feeling of kindness-warm open arms kind of thingy....nature will do its part, the most beautiful flowers in the USA ....enjoy, enjoy...take a boat ride---walk in a park--go to some of the best restaurants around..read us on here & ask questions too...

We want yall to come back yahear!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 09:46 am
JTF has it right!

He sent me some sparkle last night!! hahah

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/07/14 - 09:55 am
Harbin

I know I may be in the minority. I put my anti-Ben Harbin comment above to register my displeasure with Harbin's main legislative cause in the just-ended session.

He sponsored a bill to mandate that all health insurers offering policies in Georgia must cover this new, experimental psychiatric "treatment" requiring intensive counseling for people diagnosed with autism.

Mandated insurance coverage is what drives up premiums. Mandates should be what Republicans fight; not champion. Mandates are anti-freedom.

Freedom of choice, i.e., letting people have a diversity of options of what kind of coverage they wish to pay for, and what kind of coverage they wish to avoid — is what we need.

dichotomy
32080
dichotomy 04/07/14 - 09:56 am
" I’m wondering how Obama is

" I’m wondering how Obama is going to pay for this … more loans from China?"

Obama is not going to pay. YOU are going to pay. Obama even has folks sitting at the prison gates signing up felons was they get out to make sure they keep getting their free health care. Never know when they might get shot committing a robbery and need to be hospitalized, But YOU.....you keep working and paying your increased rates, copays, and deductibles along with all of those hidden taxes that snuck up on you in the Obamacare law.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/07/14 - 10:10 am
I'm wondering

If we're going to get blown away with this wind
When the lights are going out
Who is B4s evil twin
If we can take up a collection to pay to get that criminals picture off this site

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 10:20 am
Who is B4s evil twin

You are---thanks for waking up..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 10:23 am
To my fav golfers on here

The laws of golf
LAW 1: No matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come. This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.

LAW 2: Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.

LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 4: Golf balls never bounce off of trees back into play. If one does, the tree is breaking a law of the universe and should be cut down.

LAW 5: No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all his playing partners must solemnly chant "You looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe.

LAW 6: The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor.

LAW 7: Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers. The shorter the hole, the greater its desire.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.

LAW 9: Palm trees eat golf balls.

LAW 10: Sand is alive. If it isn't, how do you explain the way it works against you?

LAW 11: Golf carts always run out of juice at the farthest point from the clubhouse.

LAW 12: A golfer hitting into your group will always be bigger than anyone in your group. Likewise, a group you accidentally hit into will consist of a football player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer and an IRS agent -- or some similar combination.

Have fun---seeya later

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/14 - 10:30 am
Psst newcomers to the CSRA

The French Market Grill has some great martinis....I like the Cajun martini....it will knock your socks off.....great seafood too.♥

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 04/07/14 - 10:48 am
You are too bad

I was hoping it wasn't me hahaha

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...