Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I SEE OBAMA WANTS to arm the Syrian opposition. What right does he have to do that?

RANT OF THE MAJORITY of politicians in office today. The greatest country in the world is on the verge of becoming the trash dump of the world. We have people in office today who will sell this country’s future for a voter in the next election. We need to clean house.

THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama. I pray you will bring all these troops home before you leave office. You are doing a good job. The economy is getting better. End all the wars before you leave office. You are a great president. Thank you and I love you.

SOUTH AUGUSTA PAYS taxes for what? Just so they can waste our money. We need better grocery stores like Publix, and our other grocery stores need to be updated. More businesses and a new mall on this side of town. Clean up all of Richmond County, Gordon Highway, Mike Padgett, Deans Bridge and Peach Orchard have been ignored. We do not have commissioners who represent all the people. I say fire them all and hire people with integrity and knows how to work hard for their money. Serve all the people and not just some.

MAYOR COPENHAVER says “diversity has always been what the (prayer) breakfasts were about.” Ironic, when one would think the purpose of a prayer breakfast would be about praying.

SEVEN MILLION SIGNED up for health care! What about the other 35 million?? Wasn’t 100 percent insured the goal of Obamacare? The people with insurance pay for the health care of the uninsured. The employers who don’t provide insurance make their profits at the expense of those who provide coverage. America is light years behind Europe where everybody, employer and employee, pay their share, and where insurances have recognized that “preventive maintenance” saves them a lot of money in the long run.

TO THE PARENTS OF the young ladies in the black VW bug in Belvedere – I doubt that you intended for it to hold so many girls that they were sitting on each other’s laps in the front seat and perhaps the back. The car was driven well but this just looked unsafe, and as a parent I’d want to know this if it were my kids.

corgimom
corgimom 04/04/14 - 10:58 pm
Ranter #6- It was never

Ranter #6- It was never intended for all uninsured people to obtain insurance through the exchanges. For many people, they would be far better off to obtain insurance through a private company.

And some, of course, will choose to pay a penalty.

There aren't any figures, anywhere, that say how many people have purchased private insurance policies. But all I know is that they are out soliciting business everywhere I go, and they look very, very busy.

corgimom
corgimom 04/04/14 - 11:00 pm
I'd say that one of the best

I'd say that one of the best jobs in America right now is being an insurance agent that sells private policies.

If they don't become rich, it'll be their own fault.

This is an insurance agent's dream come true.

corgimom
corgimom 04/04/14 - 11:01 pm
Ranter #5, no, the prayer

Ranter #5, no, the prayer breakfasts are Deke's way to address crime in Augusta.

He said so.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/14 - 12:53 am
Now, here's something that

Now, here's something that I'm wondering.

Do people now take drinks into a Sunday church service, like a movie theatre?

I'm not talking about someone who is sick, or coughing.

Is this something new?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/14 - 04:49 am
To this rant

Posting on here won't be enough--Go to the meetings & make yourself heard.....get banners & display them...put them on your autos too....ride around on weekends & show them to the south side voters.

Airman
Airman 04/05/14 - 05:20 am
Corgimom

Drinks in church is not new, our church has a coffee bar that encourages people to gather before services, it is open 1/2 hour before each of four services, we sell Starbucks Coffee $1.00 a cup and the coffee bar alone cover the cost of our electricity for the whole campus. We have over 1100 members so you can imagine the size of our buildings. Many churches started having drinks in the 90's

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/05/14 - 06:07 am
Organized Voter Fraud vs. Voter ID Laws?

North Carolina recently audited of its voter rolls, as required by their State LAW. Their voter roll analysis found over 155,000+
registered North Carolina voters, whose information matched voters registered in over 20 other states. In just NC the audit uncovered over 35,000+ with the same 1st and Last name and birth date. Which was made possible using the OLD bring a COPY of a Utility Bill registration rules.

Now that we have Motor Voter and Voter ID laws that require a VALID STATE ID or US PASSPORT. A clear picture emerges why the LIBERALS fought the validated voter Laws on a national scale.

-----------------------

BTW:
A quick skim check of available data shows, shows Illegal voting isn't being taken seriously in many Liberal states.

Only 3 states: Georgia, Kansas and Conn. being the most serious about clamping down on illegal voters.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/14 - 06:34 am
noc noc, no, the State of

noc noc, no, the State of North Carolina did not perform that audit, it was done by a volunteer organization.

North Carolina is a highly transient state, people come here for jobs, and it has a lot of military personnel. The idea that 155,000 people would match voter registration information in other states would be very reasonable and mean absolutely nothing, because many states are slow to purge their election rolls, including NC. It wouldn't surprise me if I was still shown as being registered to vote in SC.

Lots of people fail to vote in elections, for one reason or another, and if states purged them after every election, they would have a nightmare on their hands.

RunnerDoc
RunnerDoc 04/05/14 - 06:40 am
Augusta's Image

Without the Master's Augusta would be....Macon - a smallish city with declining population, salary and housing values lower than the Georgia average, poor public education system, a small average state university, a medical school, proximity to a military base - wait...Macon has a private university with a medical school and law school...their downtown was not possibly designated a slum...

Augusta needs to get with the program. I applaud these leaders for coming together and trying to improve Augusta's image - but it starts with changing the system of government, developing the riverfront, making the downtown a place that people will want to come and use the (new and expensive) TEE center, improve the public transportation infrastructure including walking and biking trails so that people could get around...

This all would require $$$ - with an already high property tax on those residents that pay tax - this would require bringing in private companies to invest build in making Augusta a better place - look at Greenville, Chattanooga, Columbus as areas that have revitalized...

Augusta needs to be about more than just one week in April.

RunnerDoc
RunnerDoc 04/05/14 - 06:41 am
Augusta's Image

Augusta needs to be about more than just one week in April.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/14 - 06:44 am
Elections Director Kim Strach

Elections Director Kim Strach told state lawmakers at an oversight hearing Wednesday that her staff has identified 765 registered North Carolina voters who appear to have cast ballots in two states during the 2012 presidential election.

Strach said the first names, last names, birthdates and last four digits of their Social Security numbers appear to match information for voters in another state. Each case will now be investigated to determine whether voter fraud occurred.

"Could it be voter fraud? Sure, it could be voter fraud," Strach said. "Could it be an error on the part of a precinct person choosing the wrong person's name in the first place? It could be. We're looking at each of these individual cases."

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/14 - 06:44 am
With all due respect runnerdoc

I think you hit it on the head with this post!

RunnerDoc03/26/14 - 06:10 am

Where are the families

These numbers underscore a major problem in urban America today - the degradation of the family unit and the problems that result. There are too many men out there that have multiple "baby mamas" that do not support their children and mothers of their children. There are many statistics to show that a strong family unit results in more stability, better health, more well adjusted children, stronger economy - it is time that something was done to hold people accountable for the children that they create - it is time to man up and be a father!

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/14 - 06:52 am
Airman, I guess I am just a

Airman, I guess I am just a hopeless old fuddy-duddy who thinks that a Sunday church worship service should be viewed differently than a movie theatre or a cafeteria.

I just finally reluctantly started wearing slacks to church, because I have so much trouble with my feet and legs, and even that is difficult for me, it makes me uncomfortable and I feel underdressed. I still expect my mother to smite me from above. My husband wears a suit jacket and tie every week, too.

I guess I am just getting old.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/14 - 07:01 am
Seenit, do you remember the

Seenit, do you remember the days when people were horrified at teenagers giving birth to out-of-wedlock babies? Now it seems to be "no big deal".

I still am horrified.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/05/14 - 07:07 am
Just marry & raise your child

Yes corgi, I remember that. IMO that is our biggest problem....children without a daddy in the home will suffer in many unnecessary ways..(not in ALL cases-exceptions are always there).

I did feel that was ole fashioned to think that way....but now, I realize how important it is. Sometimes the oldies had it right.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/05/14 - 08:54 am
Dinner Church?

The coffee bar in the church has me wondering if the next step is dinner church. You know like dinner theater. Go to church and have a Sunday lunch of fried chicken while the preacher warns you about hellfire and damnation.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/05/14 - 09:08 am
" End all the wars before you

" End all the wars before you leave office. You are a great president. Thank you and I love you. - Sincerely, the Democrat National Committee"

I don't guess you want to count the fact that he has laid the ground for a new cold war with Russia, possible hot wars with China and North Korea, and that he and Hillary's policies have turned most of the Middle East and North Africa over to radical Islamists. Obama is a disaster on the foreign policy front and the domestic policy front. The economy is still at a 12.6% actual unemployment rate and at the lowest labor participation rate in decades. Most of the jobs being reported as "created" are part time jobs with low pay and no benefits. Obamacare has killed job creation.

Obama is a disaster.

KSL
KSL 04/05/14 - 09:59 am
Being registered to vote in 2

Being registered to vote in 2 states is a problem whether you take advantage of it or not. Fewer than 800 who did take advantage (that they have been able to identify so far) is a problem. Voter fraud is a growing problem.

Darby
Darby 04/05/14 - 10:23 am
"THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama.

I pray you will bring all these troops home before you leave office. You are doing a good job. The economy is getting better. End all the wars before you leave office. You are a great president. Thank you"

One more thing, could you pass along a message to Santa and the Easter Bunny for me? (I know you have them on your speed dial.) Tell them they're doing a great job too. Not as good as you of course, but still, really great.

ps - Can you get Nancy and Harry to do SOMETHING about global warming on Mars? It's getting out of control up there!

Thanks, I love you.

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/05/14 - 11:27 am
To Ranter who wants to 'fire' commissioners.

You haven't a clue! If you don't know how to get rid of commissioners then you have no right to speak about them negatively.

LOL! And I'm not even going to tell you how to 'fire' commissioners.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 04/05/14 - 01:30 pm
Obama a great President?...

…..Hahaha!…(catches breath).Hahahaha!…(snort,catches breath)…..Hahahaha!….Whew!…

Thanks ranter three ..I needed a laugh today….you should be writing for John Stewart or Stephen Colbert!..

happychimer
19503
happychimer 04/05/14 - 02:06 pm
THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama.

THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama. He is a good President.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/05/14 - 02:58 pm
Rave for president

"THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama. I pray you will bring all these troops home before you leave office. You are doing a good job. The economy is getting better. End all the wars before you leave office. You are a great president. Thank you and I love you"

What planet is this person from??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/05/14 - 03:04 pm
About Obamacare

"SEVEN MILLION SIGNED up for health care! What about the other 35 million?? Wasn’t 100 percent insured the goal of Obamacare"

WELL STATED!! I was all for Obamacare when I thought that tens of millions would sign up!! With only 7 million, I DON'T THINK these uninsured people HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/05/14 - 03:10 pm
corgimom @ 12:00 AM

"If they don't become rich, it'll be their own fault.

This is an insurance agent's dream come true"

You seem to be saying that the insurance companies NOT ASSOCIATED with Obamacare will get rich. I would say THAT EVERY ONE OF THEM will get rich off the backs of the tax payers!!

Darby
Darby 04/05/14 - 03:13 pm
"THANK YOU, PRESIDENT Obama. He is a good President."

And if you don't believe it, just ask him or any of his sycophants.

As he frequently informs us about global warming (aka climate change) and OzBamaCare, "The debate is over, it's a settled issue".

"The debate is OVER. I'm a great president."

"And since this is and has been the MOST TRANSPARENT administration in the history of this great nation (great because of me, of course) you should understand that."

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/05/14 - 03:16 pm
question

I am confused about the affordable care act, known as ObamaCare. I realize 7.2 millions people signed up for this but how do we ensure these people pay their premiums each month/quarter/yearly? There is no payroll deduction like I have. They could sign up today and never pay a cent. How does that work? We are back to uninsured Americans who milk the federal government for free care.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/05/14 - 03:17 pm
Fire the commissioners

Yeah, Sweet Son. I hope to do my part and "fire" Grady Smith by voting for Brandon Dial in the May election.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/05/14 - 03:29 pm
SeenitB4 @ 7:44 AM

"There are too many men out there that have multiple "baby mamas" that do not support their children and mothers of their children. There are many statistics to show that a strong family unit results in more stability, better health, more well adjusted children, stronger economy - it is time that something was done to hold people accountable for the children that they create - it is time to man up and be a father"

I read a short story, I believe it was entitled "A Modest Proposal". This story was a spuff about how the upper crust was treating the poor people who were having more babies than they could provide for. The story suggested that the upper crust BUY THESE BABIES in order to have succulent meat for their tender pallets. The reason I mention this is, "Why should tax payers be held responsible for providing EVERYTHING for these children??!! If the tax payers are providing EVERYTHING for these children, then why can't the tax payers do what they want to with these children??!! THINK ABOUT THIS!!"

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...