Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A HARLEM CHURCH had a food giveaway, but they had police standing at the front of the line. That intimidated the poor people and the food was stale. Don’t treat poor people that way.

RANTS TO THOMSON Medicare. The lady is not nice to the seniors.

TO ALL THOSE WHINING about the cancellation of the Mayor’s Reception. That decision was not made in Augusta. It was made by people who think they know best. They don’t want Augusta to be a party town for the Masters.

I WOULD LOVE TO leave the Augusta area, but I can’t sell my home and I’m stuck here. I’m losing my life savings because the value of homes in Richmond County is at rock bottom. To sell you have to give your home away.

NOT EVERYONE IS geared for college.
Years ago we had tech schools that graduated young people into great job markets with job skills.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for those wonderful editorials. It is what we all feel.

OBAMA WANTS TO rule the world. Now he is butting heads with one of his Communist counterparts. I say that Putin is more of a man than the one we have in the White House. What happens in Russia should stay in Russia.

TO THE PERSON complaining about coughing in church. Did it ever occur to you that some people are suffering from severe allergies? They are not contagious. If I had to leave the room because of my allergies, I could never leave my house. I hope you now have a better understanding and thank God you are not me.

Do you REALLY want to get into which party is the worst at running a war?

OBAMA HAS CEDED control of the Internet. Can Obama really be that stupid or is this a part of his plan for world government?

HAVE YOU NOTICED the big media now speaks casually of the Big Bang theory of creation as though that it were fact?

AMERICAN POLITICIANS and big media speak of medical insurance like it’s a constitutional right, which of course, it isn’t. But it is straight out of Lenin’s play book.

A recent news article stated that Dr. Azziz “helped” with the merger of MCG and ASU. He didn’t help, he rammed the merger and horrible moniker down our throats.

To the person ranting about the lady’s annoying, constant cough while in Church. Frankly, whoever wrote this needs to understand that she could have asthma. Give her an A+. She was in Church.

The Savage Madame
The Savage Madame 03/29/14 - 09:24 pm
Intimidating Poor People????

Cops do not intimidate poor people, they intimidate criminals. If you are uncomfortable around a cop, there is probably a reason, and it is probably your fault.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/29/14 - 10:02 pm
@ Ranter #4

Go ahead and sell your house soon. The longer you wait, the worse it gets.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/29/14 - 10:17 pm
The Mayor's Reception and The Black Helicopter

The black helicopter took the Mayor's reception away.

harley_52
harley_52 03/29/14 - 10:54 pm
"THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle....

....for those wonderful editorials."

Wholeheartedly agree.

The Editorial page on the AC is the finest I've ever seen.

stuaby
20771
stuaby 03/29/14 - 11:47 pm
Music to read these posts

Music to read these posts by:

WARNING: Do NOT click on the link above if you do not want your mind to be forever altered! WARNING! Take the blue pill if you want to stay as you are.

stuaby
20771
stuaby 03/29/14 - 11:57 pm
Abandon hope all ye who DARE

Abandon hope all ye who DARE click and listen to the link below:

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/30/14 - 04:33 am
har - de -har

gooot - got - ta - mighty!

responding to each at ounce would be different?>

As Harley said I "Wholeheartedly agree".

Then again, I might just have something to say about one or two of the crazy arz statements I've seen

iaaffg
iaaffg 03/30/14 - 06:39 am
and now azziz brings you:

and now azziz brings you: ta-da! immersion into the chinese communist 'culture'!!!! i am sure we will get that rammed down our throats, too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/14 - 06:40 am
YEP..it was a ramming for sure!

he rammed the merger and horrible moniker down our throats.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/14 - 06:42 am
I agree with you 90% of the time..

(pretty good average, I'd say)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/14 - 06:44 am
RANTS TO THOMSON Medicare.

Yep, that happens...some will discover that many doctors don't want to fool with medicare, everything isn't always rosey with it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/14 - 06:46 am
Party town for the Masters

I beg to differ with that rant---they want the party in downtown....but it ain't gonna happen!

The party people are very selective & have their own ideas about partying.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/30/14 - 06:47 am
Info on books

corgi I saw the info & thanks...I will get that book, sounds interesting.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/30/14 - 08:12 am
Good Morning "@1" America.

Nothing more needs to be said for First Rant.

The Savage Madame took care of it completely.

iaaffg
iaaffg 03/30/14 - 08:17 am
flashback to peter alan green:

Can't help about the shape I'm in
Can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
Don't ask me what I think of you
Might not give the answer that you want me to

Now, when I talked to God I knew He'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"

Oh well, oh well
Well, well, well, well

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/30/14 - 08:33 am
Well

I also Like the AC Editorials but the part "It is what we all feel." would be more accurate if it did say "It is what we Majority True Americans feel." The word "ALL" makes it untrue. Just look at some of the comment that are made on here.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/30/14 - 08:28 am
@7

The way things are in America today, If Putin were to ask for America, our "great whatever" would say, OK, as long as I can be your second in command.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/30/14 - 08:32 am
Nice Days Are Here.

Got many things to do, so y'all make many book comments and tear each others hair out.

I need the points!

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/30/14 - 09:20 am
__________ and Perfumes

Ladies and Men with colognes .

A LITTLE dab will work.

It is not about establishing a Defensive Perimeter.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/30/14 - 10:08 am
Noc, Heh, Heh. Some people

Noc, Heh, Heh.

Some people have so much of that stuff poured on them you want to wear a M40 Field Protective Mask.

harley_52
harley_52 03/30/14 - 10:17 am
“Cows emit a massive amount of methane through belching....

....with a lesser amount through flatulence....”

And Obama plans to regulate it.

Farting cows just aren't PC enough for the democrats and, apparently, they think they can improve their manners.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/white-house-looks-to-regulate-cow-flat...

harley_52
harley_52 03/30/14 - 10:26 am
Richmond County Real Estate Values....

...are declining? News to me. I'm no expert, but I don't see it in properties around where I live. True, they haven't fully recovered from the democrats' intentional, massive debacle of a few years ago, but they seem to be on the way, even in spite of Obama Administration policies and legislation like Dodd-Frank.

I don't see anything unique to Richmond County. North Richmond County seems to be doing just fine right along with most other areas.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/30/14 - 10:52 am
Cow gas

I was going to say they will ban cows, but Dichot is right; they will tax it instead to further gouge the working people.

happychimer
happychimer 03/30/14 - 11:18 am
The Vietnam War was run by

The Vietnam War was run by democrats? Excuse me, but give repubs credit too. I remember Richard Nixon was elected in 1968 and the war lasted through his 1st term and most of his 2nd term till he resigned.

happychimer
happychimer 03/30/14 - 11:23 am
This is to those who continue

This is to those who continue blasting our President on Russia. What do you want? another war? Do you remember the Cold War?We did not fight a war back then. Peace is much better than being a warmonger.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/30/14 - 11:53 am
Vietnam

Escalated by Democrats, de-escalated by Nixon. But that is neither here nor there; it was never a war we in to win regardless of which party was in the Whitehouse.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/30/14 - 11:56 am
Peace?

As long as it is peace through strength and not capitulation, I'm all for it.

harley_52
harley_52 03/30/14 - 12:01 pm
Wars....

We haven't won one since WWII. Our citizens don't understand war and our politicians haven't the stomach for it. They use the military as a tool to prove their own toughness.

The current President intentionally assured we'd lose in both Iraq and Afghanistan and that we aren't able to either protect ourselves adequately, or speak with a voice of authority around the globe.

Makes me physically ill what we have become.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/30/14 - 12:14 pm
Rant about Vietnam

"FOR THAT PERSON thinking it’s the Republicans that don’t know how to run a war, let’s all remember Vietnam. It was run by the Democrats, not Republicans and was a disaster of a war.
Do you REALLY want to get into which party is the worst at running a war"

It is very true that President Johnson escalated the war, BUT Nixon allowed it to go on for years during his administration!! Do you REALLY call Ford as running a GOOD WAR when the North Vietnamese were over-running Sygon??!! I believe that WE SHOULD ALL agree that war is HELL even if we win or loose!! GOD help ANYONE that sees this differently!! People should not have to die because of some "SUB-HUMAN'S" desier to go to war!!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/30/14 - 12:32 pm
General comment about war

I have stated, on more than one occasion, that I never served in The Armed Forces, and that I deeply admire and THANK those who have!! I would be literally a NON-HUMAN to believe otherwise!! I remember, like it was yesterday, the hippies and other extremely liberal groups calling Veitnam Veterans as being baby killers. I was 17 years old when THIS DAMNED war finally stopped taking the lives of GREAT AMERICANS!! I also have said before that I believe WW2 WAS NECESSARY, BUT that Korea and Veitnam were most certainly not!! Just think about how many great Americans were SACRFICED dueing these two wars, just to have a stail-mate and a lose in these two wars! Baby Killers, I would have nightly night mares if I had have been drafted into fighting this DAMNED WAR!! My deep thanks goes to ANYONE who fought in Korea and Veitnam!! I believe that YOUR GOVERNMENT failed you GREATLY!!!!