Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Nice shot nocnoc.
Send me an email if you want to see your photo here. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com  Have a good weekend everybody. - Sean  nocnoc
nocnoc
Thanks to nocnoc for today's photo. He says: "Our pair of 6 month old Rotties looking in the kitchen window begging for a for a snack." Nice shot nocnoc. Send me an email if you want to see your photo here. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com Have a good weekend everybody. - Sean

WAKE UP, SOUTH Augusta. Thugs took over Regency Mall, and now we see the shooting at Kroger on Deans Bridge Road. Why can’t something be done so decent people who chose to live and shop on the south side of town have good and safe places to shop without going to Columbia County where no crime occurs.

THIS IS A RANT AND a rave, A rave to the nurse who came to my mom’s rescue outside Harbor Inn restaurant Friday. A big thanks for your help. Nothing was broken, just cuts and a lot of bruising. A rant to the man who was coming out the door and did not wait and let her come inside ,and as she lay on the ground proceeded to his vehicle and left.

I WANT TO RANT ABOUT the kaolin industry being allowed to discharge wastewater into Briar Creek and Reedy Creek without consequences.

HOW DO YOU GET 7 million people to sign up for Obamacare? Cancel 6.25 million people’s existing policy. The purpose of Obamacare was never to get health insurance for all. It was a way to get more money for the government by collecting re-insurance fees from employer/union-provided health insurance. Obama will delay or drop every other provision except collection of these fees or, as the Supreme Court calls them, taxes.

RANT TO THOSE complaining about the new law regarding impeding traffic. You need to go back and read Page 50 in your Georgia DDS drivers manual. They have been telling us this for years: “... Slower vehicles should use the right lane except when passing or making a left turn. Driving too slowly on certain highways can be dangerous because it impedes the regular flow of traffic.” Be courteous, drive the speed limit, but do it in the right lane.

A BIG RAVE AND A wow to many of the homes out in the southern part of Richmond County. I have a job that gets me out to various areas around Augusta, and some of those beautiful homes and ponds make me and my neighbors blush in Columbia County.

FOR THE FIRST TIME this year, I took my “generic” drug prescription to get it refilled. What cost me $15 a month last year now cost me $76 per month. This is a generic brand. I did not vote nor did I want Obamacare. For all of you who think this is so great, I say just wait. Unfortunately, it will be too late for all of us.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/27/14 - 05:58 pm
Last Rant

The last ranter said, “Unfortunately, it will be too late for all of us.”

That quote fits a lot of scenarios.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 03/27/14 - 06:25 pm
Wake up South Augusta ranter.

Wake up South Augusta ranter. Columbia County does have crime. It's not like a little old lady was purchasing her groceries and was shot leaving the Kroger. I shop at the Kroger and they have great people that work there. They are always helpful. I don't fear for my safety when I go there. I fear for my cars safety from getting hit by a buggy but that's about it.

carcraft
carcraft 03/27/14 - 08:44 pm
I think the last ranter is

I think the last ranter is lying, the Democratic head of the US Senate, Herry Reid, says all these stories are lies!

stuaby
stuaby 03/27/14 - 10:40 pm
Ranter #5, you're wasting

Ranter #5, you're wasting your time.

There are people out there who cannot grasp the notion that most people understand that the speed limits are too low and that even law enforcement and law makers realize this but must pay lip service to notions of safety, etc.

These people, cannot, for whatever reason, grasp the notion that the de facto speed limit is 10 mph above what is posted. Thus, they feel obligated to be Barney Fife type enforcers of a limit that only they, and their Barney Fife-esque sisters, rigidly adhere to.

stuaby
stuaby 03/27/14 - 11:19 pm
My wife's hair looks like

My wife's hair looks like this without chemicals:

My wife's is slightly less kinky than this, but she always straightens it. In fact, my wife looks similar to Erykah Badu, but just a little more yellow-boned. Just about the same size.

Whenever my wife wears her hair naturally (similar to Erykah's) people (white, black and everything else) rave and rave and rave about it. I rave about it. But, for whatever reason, she keeps straightening it out. No one raves about it when it's straightened, but she keeps straightening it.

Why? What can I say to stop the straightening?

iaaffg
iaaffg 03/28/14 - 04:20 am
the ranter who said there's

the ranter who said there's no crime in col co needs to check out the columbia county booking slideshow for mar 17-24. 73 bookings! in one week! yes, virginia, there is crime in columbia county, and apparently lots of it. shoplifters, drunk drivers, aggravated battery, driving w/o a license or under a suspended license, following too closely, open containers, stalkers, domestic abuse: we got 'em all!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 04:57 am
Crime in Columbia county?

Wow...tell me this ain't so...yeh, I'm dreaming.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/28/14 - 05:30 am
The National Safety Council

Has released its study on Car Accidents and Cell Phone use.

Based on police and insurance reports 26 Percent of all vehicle accidents directly tied to Cell Phone use.

Maybe it is now time to pass that Hands Free Use law?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 05:34 am
Geting mad is healthy--heh

Now, that explains a lot....thanks yall for keeping me healthy!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 06:29 am
Nice spots noc

You could fish a lot in your retirement days..

When you make your move, I would appeciate it if you posted some of the reasons on here...SOME can't understand the frustration that many go through in Richmond county.....any negative comments from posters put them in a defensive mode...it gets tiresome sometimes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 06:33 am
Butterman

Watch it when posting around Riverman...he ain't "nuthin" but trouble for yee. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 06:36 am
my “generic” drug prescription

Yikes---tell me about it!

My drugs have bounced in price too...welcome to Obamaland.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/28/14 - 06:47 am
Dysfunctional Mess

Y'all are just a dysfunctional mess. Dang, I'm sorry I got Butterman dissed yesterday with the guy thinking it was me. I wouldn't want to be confused with me either.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/28/14 - 06:53 am
Beautiful Homes in South Augusta

Hey, you ain't just whistling Dixie to me. South Augusta is a beautiful place with plantation like homes on large estates. Prices are reasonable, too. I once took a guy who had just moved here around looking for houses and I remember the nice homes. There was one on about 5 wooded acres with something almost like a moat around it. A beautiful place. I can understand these South Augusta folks being upset with Richmond County shenanigans.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 07:03 am
South Augusta needs to pull away from downtown

If only.....just say cut it off at the Gordon hy...let them govern themselves....great balls of fire..use their tax dollars in their own back yard....maybe rebel could run for mayor or something.
Who knows, even harley could run for office.
I would like to see dichotomy take control of all road construction & all garbage detail.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/28/14 - 07:05 am
I know Noc and others were

I know Noc and others were having meetings trying to figure out ways to break away from Augusta, but nothing ever came of it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 07:12 am
That is our point with our posts

When folks give up, & some are doing just that, we know things need to change....
ICL & nocnoc have stated they are moving from Rcty & they have valid reasons for this move...it takes a lot of frustration to leave a place you have lived in for over 20 years......this isn't an easy decision...I cried for days when I had to make the move with my job....we all want to have some input with our governing body...too often that doesn't happen.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 07:15 am
I would

I would move back to Appling if cgee would give me some land...hahah

corgimom
corgimom 03/28/14 - 07:32 am
If your generics have bounced

If your generics have bounced up in price, start shopping around. Costco is supposed to have the lowest prices, and you don't have to be a member to get prescriptions there. Or talk to your doctor, often a cheaper substitute can be made.

Pharmacies are allowed to charge whatever they want to for drugs, and there can be huge differences in prices. It has nothing to do with Obamacare, it's always been like that.

My husband and I spend over $4,000 per year on prescription drugs, WITH insurance, so we know what it's like.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/28/14 - 07:46 am
RM1 Save the South Side meetings

Yes we had a few.

Even have some of the area powers interested.

A plan of action has been laid out and the legal process has been verified. It is permitted under OCGA and the State House reg's.

Just because my family is moving out of ARC does not mean we won't return. Too many of my family is buried in Westover, Hillcrest and other unmarked grave sites in Richmond (some pre-1820's wooden crosses). Davis' and the Utley's go way back, plus the Stuart's and other branches & roots run pretty deep.

My feeling is
Just because Augusta went bankrupt due to overspending and tinkle poor management. Then a deal was worked out for the County bailed them out, is no reason to continues chasing a dying rabbit down a hole.

The South Side should see a 2015 move to put it to a Dist 8 ONLY vote. on the 2016 election ballot.

There is a lot of leg work still to be done and to Avoid the Political Battles sure to follow.

You'll know when we get close and start to worry them, when they start attacking the messengers instead of the message.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/28/14 - 07:48 am
With that We head

to Locus Grove to look at houses.

BTW: some of y'all may have noted we are looking at a depressed area starting to make a come back with the house values are raising 2 to 4% a year. Paving a way to a profitable return.

Short Sales and Foreclosures

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 08:03 am
Nekkid on the front seat

That could be a good book..:)

Sometimes I feel nekkid while posting on here....maybe I'm too darn honest & maybe I need other posting names...then I might really let it fly..I have been laughing this am but it was reading jokes & stuff on another forum...loosen up some & trust us...(AC)

I have company coming ....gotta get busy, yaknow whatta mean.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 08:14 am
Would you...

This country singer was great in her day...so much feeling in her songs,
life can be strange sometimes...I miss the old songs, there were days I could listen to country music all day.

stuaby
stuaby 03/28/14 - 08:36 am
Wow, seenit, country music

Wow, seenit, country music surely has changed since this song was made. It hasn't changed as much as R&B has though. You can still recognize certain elements in country music that were there then.

Not so for R&B, it's completely unrecognizable now.

stuaby
stuaby 03/28/14 - 08:41 am
"Nekkid on the front

"Nekkid on the front seat"

What have I missed here?

"..maybe I'm too darn honest & maybe I need other posting names..."

You? Sheesh. I'm the one that let's it all hang out too much around here.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/28/14 - 08:52 am
Today's pic

Thanks to nocnoc for today's photo. Nice shot. Send me an email if you want to see your photo here. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com Have a good weekend everybody.

jwilliams
jwilliams 03/28/14 - 08:57 am
To rant # 1 this is the lie

To rant # 1 this is the lie that many members of CC use to sell/promote their county. First of all it is asinine to say and insane to believe that crime does not exist in CC. Unfortunately, crime exists everywhere that has a human presence, and that would include CC as well as ARC and I will challenge ANYONE to prove me wrong.

stuaby
stuaby 03/28/14 - 08:58 am
Skidmore College is offering

Skidmore College is offering a course on Miley Cyrus?

Too much time (and money) is being wasted in this country.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/28/14 - 09:21 am
Another great song

stuaby...I know the music has changed soo much...too bad. The bands were great in most songs....
Nice dogs nocnoc...gotta go now.