Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Women named in McDonald's incident

Editor's note: An earlier version of this account incorrectly stated the outcome.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Two Augusta women were named in a simple assualt complaint following a confrontation with another woman at a local fast-food chain.

Angela Marie Taylor, 45, and Jeannette Roseberg, 48, were involved  Sunday at the McDonald's at 3423 Wrightsboro Road, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s incident report.

Taylor and Roseberg were seen beating on a customer’s car window while she was in the drive-thru, the report said.

The driver of the vehicle told the suspects she was a member of the military and was carrying a gun. The women, however, continued yelling “we’re not scared,” the report stated.

McDonald's employees confirmed the drivers’ story, according to the report.

The suspects said the driver drove around them in the drive thru and yelled she had a gun and would shoot them. The suspects stated that’s when they decided to exit their vehicle, the report said.

According to the Sheriff's Office incident report, the deputy who responded to the call advised the victim of the warrant process and she told him she wished to prosecute.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/26/14 - 09:33 pm
What a mess. I hope there is

What a mess. I hope there is a video to clear things up. Eye-witness accounts are not reliable around here. Nobody sounds like a winner in this skirmish.

talkrightmommy
talkrightmommy 03/26/14 - 09:51 pm
Yeah those women make so much sense

Since she has a gun let's go bang on her window. Right.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 03/26/14 - 09:53 pm
The 2 women had no business

The 2 women had no business getting out of their car under any circumstances. Its best to get away from anyone that starts to go crazy like that. Some people have no sense at all.

habersham100
habersham100 03/27/14 - 03:19 am
Interesting...

Methinks this might not have been the first time this situation arose, and the two ladies who were the "attackers" of the woman in line seem to have been prepared with a plan. Unless some government entity - of which I am unaware - passed a law stating that "the military" had the right to do this - most especially in a decidedly civilian setting - then "the military" waits its turn like us normal folks that pay their salaries... IMHO, of course. The victim is extremely lucky in my view... The "attackers" could have been armed with firearms as well - and used them...

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 03/27/14 - 04:19 am
And why do we assume that the

And why do we assume that the "victim" is actually the "aggressor" in this case? NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION!!!

Wait for it. Let the authorities figure it out and (hopefully) release the actual facts. To start with, the two women were charged with assault, that should give us a clue. Second, the victim clearly stated that she was armed and potentially trained to use deadly force, which is what any legally armed citizen should have done. Third, the attackers are d__ned lucky that the victim didn't carry through with shooting them. Fourth, the employees confirmed the victims story.

I'm still trying to figure out how you pass two cars in a drive through...

corgimom
corgimom 03/27/14 - 04:53 am
Do you remember when people

Do you remember when people acted like decent people in public?

iaaffg
iaaffg 03/27/14 - 05:46 am
hmm, and they wonder why the

hmm, and they wonder why the population of augusta is dwindling.

Dixieman
Dixieman 03/27/14 - 05:51 am
Sure, that's what I would do

People yell at me that they have a gun and pull in front of me? Sure, I would get out of my car and bang on their window.
Not.
Hunger makes people crazy....

JRC2024
JRC2024 03/27/14 - 07:58 am
What stupid people.

What stupid people.

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/27/14 - 08:32 am
Self restraint

seems to be a foreign concept to some. Those two "ladies" seem to be trying to prove the law of natural selection. I predict it won't be long in coming.

louiemcman
louiemcman 03/27/14 - 08:55 am
What?

What happened? Did she cut in front of them in line? And the women couldn't wait to get to that great McD's food?

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/27/14 - 09:35 am
Funny I had a lady drive

Funny I had a lady drive around me and cut in front at a McDonalds and she had paid for my meal when I pulled up to the window. Thanks lady it was no big deal-I figured you were in a hurry.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/27/14 - 10:02 am
Angela Marie Taylor not be confused in any way with

Angela Taylor that pops up as #1 on Google.

Or Jeannette Roseberg the 30-40's Movie Star.

With the required humor aside
Angela Marie Taylor has had multiple arrests in Houston Co. Dekalb and Richmond.

Now to the point of believing 2 people jumped out of a car to bang on windows and challenge a person that is warning them of a weapon.

Well, it seems they needed to be taken into Protective custody and given a 48 hour observation.

Regarding the laws of natural selection are either about 30+ years to late at ages 45 & 48.

But looking at the various booking pictures of Angela Marie Taylor I doubt there is any adult offspring to worry about since 2000.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/27/14 - 10:10 am
Wow since the military lady

Wow since the military lady threatened them with "I have a gun" the both of them could have "stood their ground" and pulled out their own handguns and legally blown the lady away. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/27/14 - 10:15 am
Bizkit - Standing ones ground

They would have been charged with murder, since they came at the driver in a Physically confrontation manner, when no Felony was being committed by the driver.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/27/14 - 10:22 am
Threatening someone with a

Threatening someone with a gun is a felony. The lady with the gun assaulted them with her car and with a gun.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/27/14 - 10:24 am
Have to disagree

Bad manners are not a felony.
The warning was not a threat.

myfather15
myfather15 03/27/14 - 10:41 am
The story of the two who were

The story of the two who were arrested, makes no sense; as several people have already pointed out.

I recently had a case similar to this. A woman called saying her husband just came home and a "crazy guy" followed him into his driveway and was cursing and trying to fight him. When I arrived; Yes, they were at the complainant's house and the "crazy guy" was still there, awaiting my arrival to tell his side of the story.

"Crazy guy" tried to say that my victim was tailgating him and passed him at an extremely excessive speed. I then asked him "So why does that give you the right to follow him to his house and confront him?"

Honest to goodness, the "crazy guys" answer was this; "When he passed me, he waved a gun out his window at me. I wanted to know what his problem was with me." I then responded "So you're telling me that a unknown crazy man, passed you driving reckless, waving a gun in the air and you THEN follow this man to HIS HOUSE, get out of your vehicle and start cursing this CRAZY MAN who has a gun??"

Yes, I did have neighbor witnesses who said the offender did pull into the complainant's driveway, get out of this vehicle and walk towards the complainant/victim aggressively, and cursing at him. The victim THEN, walks into his house and retreives a pistol and comes out and tells the man he has a pistol, which was in his hand (he didn't point it at him); then tells crazy guy to get off his property. Crazy guy goes across the street and waits for LE to arrive. The witnesses did say the complainant went into the house, THEN came back out with a gun. If he had a gun BEFORE, in the vehicle, why would he go inside to get one?

I guess crazy guy thought his story would make sense!! I suppose it takes all kinds to make up this world!! Even if the complainant DID pass him driving reckless, it was complete CRAP that he waved a gun at him. And to follow a "crazy man" to HIS HOME and confront him, allegedly knowing his has a firearm; is absolutely insane!!

"Crazy man" went to jail!!

Young Fred
Young Fred 03/27/14 - 11:37 am
"Crazy man" went to jail!!

I just love a happy ending to a story!

grinder48
1949
grinder48 03/27/14 - 11:42 am
??? What Happened ???

As is typical with AC staff writers, a key element was not included in the article. What happened to cause the 2 women to become aggressive with the other woman in the drive thru? Even if that was not known, the article should have made clear the fact that those details were not known at the time the article was written. mumblemumblemumble ...

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/27/14 - 11:47 am
Don't ever try that on Sweet son's car!

"I've got something for your a**!" LOL! Won't point it until I need to but you might get a glimpse of it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/27/14 - 12:37 pm
"Do you remember when people

"Do you remember when people acted like decent people in public?"

But that was when most people were civilized. Not applicable now and definitely not applicable in this area.

my.voice
my.voice 03/27/14 - 04:10 pm
You want fries with that

You want fries with that felony?

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 03/27/14 - 10:59 pm
The victim's story was

The victim's story was corroborated by the employees. I would hazard a guess that she warned the two attackers that she was armed as they were attacking her vehicle. When law enforcement showed up, knowing that the victim was armed, they claimed that she threatened them beforehand.

You know, lied, prevaricated, told a fib, covered their butts, the usual stuff that idiots do when caught in the wrong.

The victim had every right to warn them that she was armed. And had they broken the window, she would have been in the right to put a bullet through them, granting that no one was behind the attacker.

At that range, the bullet is going to go right through the attacker. A conscientious gun owner is not going to fire unless it's either safe to do so or if they have no other choice to avoid harm.