Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Thanks to Little Lamb for today's photo of the day. It was taken in his backyard. He says that the redbuds this year are way above average.  Maybe the wet summer last year and the cold winter this year led to more blooms than usual.
If you want me to post a photo of yours here, send it as large as possible in an email to sean.moores@augustachronicle.com. Have a good day everybody. - Sean  Llittle Lamb
Llittle Lamb
Thanks to Little Lamb for today's photo of the day. It was taken in his backyard. He says that the redbuds this year are way above average. Maybe the wet summer last year and the cold winter this year led to more blooms than usual. If you want me to post a photo of yours here, send it as large as possible in an email to sean.moores@augustachronicle.com. Have a good day everybody. - Sean

I LIVE IN SOUTH Augusta. I went to Save-a-lot. When I got the counter, I came up $6 short and had to put some items back. I have never had to do this and was very embarrassed. A woman next to me covered it. No one has ever given me a gift like that. Thank you, Rosie. It changed my life.

RAVE FOR PAM Tucker. I have known her since she was a baby. She doesn’t need a college degree. She probably knows more about her job than anyone with the highest degree. It sounds like there are a lot of jealous people in the Augusta area. Thank you, Pam, for all your hard work.

AHHH, ELECTION TIME. Out with the old and in with the new.

IT SEEMS NOT TOO long ago that Columbia County’s Ron Cross was lamenting the pullout of Bass Pro Shops as a result of working with less-than-honorable people. Now he and the other commissioners are considering a proposal by Georgia Regents University to build a hospital in Columbia County. Are he and the commissioners blind to the GRU track record to the promises made regarding the ASU merger?

RANT TO PRESIDENT Obama. During his early school years there are two things he did not learn: Freedom is not the right to do what you please, but the liberty to do what you ought to do, and be sure your sins will find you out.

FOUR SUNDAYS AGO, you paid for my lunch at Logan’s. You don’t know what a blessing that was. You didn’t know how I was feeling, but you lifted my spirit and made my day. Thank God for people like you and God bless you.

I CAN TELL YOU how to get the limbs picked up on your property. Pay for them. I had two trees down and they are gone because I paid for them. The insurance didn’t pay for all of it, but they paid about three-quarters of it. Get your trees cleaned up.

THOSE PEOPLE WHO look at my gray hair and call me little old lady, sweetie and honey pie: I’ll be willing to bet when you get to my age you won’t be able to climb mountains, swim two or three miles a week and do other things; that you lie on the couch and say it’s too much trouble. Please be kind and quit calling me names.

I BELIEVE PUTIN of Russia is just a little Hitler getting started. Russians need to recognize this and put an end to this before it goes further.

corgimom
corgimom 03/24/14 - 07:40 pm
I now get called "Ma'am",

I now get called "Ma'am", have doors held open for me, offers to carry my groceries, offers to help load my car- and I love every minute of it.

I enjoy being treated with courtesy and respect, as an older lady. It makes me feel good to know that there are still people in this world that have good Southern manners.

It beats being treated with disrespect!

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 03/24/14 - 07:48 pm
Pam Tucker

Has learned more over the years with the jobs that she held and gathered up the experience she now has. No college degree alone would have enabled her to do what she is doing..
I know, I worked hard and learned as I went along, did not have a college degree either.

corgimom
corgimom 03/24/14 - 08:08 pm
I predict that the next

I predict that the next superintendent of Richmond County Schools will be black, and that the RCBOE will have to pay through the nose to get them.

Dana Bedden, btw, now makes $225,000 in Richmond, VA. Plus a bonus opportunity, plus a car, plus all his moving expenses from Texas.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/24/14 - 08:17 pm
Predicting the Next Superintendent

"I predict that the next superintendent of Richmond County Schools will be black..."

Now that's going out on a limb.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/24/14 - 08:25 pm
Gray Haired Lady

That gray haired lady swimming 3 miles a week and climbing mountains seems hyperactive to me. She's going to wear something out. She needs an attitude adjustment, too.

corgimom
corgimom 03/24/14 - 08:43 pm
Well, if I predicted that

Well, if I predicted that they would be white, I'd be responsible for everybody in RC falling down laughing.

corgimom
corgimom 03/24/14 - 08:47 pm
Richmond VA- 23,000 students,

Richmond VA- 23,000 students, 80% black

Are you paying attention, RCBOE?

That's worth $225,000

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 03/24/14 - 08:52 pm
Before heaven and earth pass

Before heaven and earth pass away. I predict and hope to live to see the next Supertindent of Columbia County school will be black.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/24/14 - 09:22 pm
Ouch!

Ranter #4 has bitten the dog. Now, we wait for him to bark!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/24/14 - 09:25 pm
Rule

Who wrote the rule that when a government (including a government school system) hires a new chief that the new chief must make more money than the old chief? If anything, the new chief should be expected to make less, since the new chief will have less institutional knowledge than the old chief.

Let us reset the salary of the new school superintendent, as well as the salary of the new city administrator. They are easy places to trim the budget.

Oedipus
Oedipus 03/24/14 - 09:46 pm
I have stood on the floor of

I have stood on the floor of the House and watched Republicans vote more than fifty times to undermine,dismantle,or totally repeal the Affordable Care Act. As a cancer survivor, my heart sinks every single time. It's the four year anniversary of Obamacare- that's something worth celebrating! But it's also a time to be mindful if what we're up against. Obamacare is working. Republicans hate see their rich insurance companies buddies loss their spunk cause of Obamacare. A lot of people hate Obamacare, mainly Republicans and certain race group. Me and you know what race group just read the rants posted everyday about Barack.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/25/14 - 05:17 am
Rave For Mama Jo

Waffle House Hwy 56, Morning shift

Has to be the Best Waffle House waitress in the CSRA.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/14 - 05:32 am
@LL

I'm pretty sure Dr. Roberson was paid far less than what Dana Bedden was paid here.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/25/14 - 05:35 am
Oedipus - Cannot agree with you on Obamacare

So far the facts point to a near TOTAL DISASTER.

After reading this,
and tell us how has it actually helped one yet?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/14 - 05:37 am
Y'all Don't Mess With Me

I am the thought leader and that's straight from the Pentagon.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/14 - 05:55 am
Speaking of Azziz

His commercial popped up on my TV right after I wrote the above comment. Scary. He said to go to "GRU Discover What's Next" to find out what's up for GRU. I did, but it's a lot of general flowery Azzizese.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/25/14 - 06:02 am
kissofdeath - A major difference between you & I

I could care less if the next Superintendent of Columbia County school is black.

If I was a parent with kids still in the system, I would want the BEST affordable Superintendent of Columbia County schools not a person of one color or the other for the sake of having that color.

BTW: In just case you overlooked it.
Many feel the comment hoping for a Black is just as racist as those hoping for a white.

corgimom
corgimom 03/25/14 - 06:09 am
LL, people that are qualified

LL, people that are qualified to run a school district are few and far between, and all of them are highly educated and are able to command large salaries.

Because RC is in competition with schools across the nation- and if they want to pay a low salary, they will get exactly what they paid for.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/14 - 06:15 am
Columbia County Schools

We've had black school principals in Columbia County. They did wonderful jobs. Tell me the income level of a county and I can accurately predict the success of its schools. I mean I don't have to know anything about the administrators, teachers, facilities, racial make-up or money spent on education. Just give me the income level.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/14 - 06:22 am
Youse guys

Yall need to stop hating on Tiger....look at him as a sparkling jewel in a pile of redcnecks...hahahah
He is exciting to watch & has brought millions to the game...I would like to see Freddie/Tiger playing together.....Couples is another charmer..

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/25/14 - 06:23 am
More proof released on Violent Video Games and Kids

The research, published in JAMA Pediatrics, a journal of the American Medical Association, was based on more than 3,034 children who were studied over the course of three years.

Frequent use of video games was linked to higher rates of aggressive behaviors and thoughts, according to self-reported answers to survey questions by the children.

"This study found that habitual violent video game playing increases long-term aggressive behavior by producing general changes in aggressive cognition, and this occurs regardless of sex, age, initial aggressiveness or parental involvement," said the study which was led by researchers at the National Institute of Education in Singapore and the Iowa State University department of psychology.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/14 - 06:47 am
I think I figured out what Dems are doing!

We are doomed as a society & they are trying to save us from ourselves.....we have to spread the wealth & then we will all be happy happy happy ......I'm not feeling it yet.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/25/14 - 07:20 am
About elections

"AHHH, ELECTION TIME. Out with the old and in with the new"

GOOD luck with that!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/25/14 - 07:24 am
Aggressive Thoughts?

So video games lead to aggressive thoughts, reports NocNoc. I don't know what Congress is going to do about our thoughts, but they'll try to do something, even if it's wrong.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/25/14 - 07:24 am
Gift of a lunch

"FOUR SUNDAYS AGO, you paid for my lunch at Logan’s. You don’t know what a blessing that was. You didn’t know how I was feeling, but you lifted my spirit and made my day. Thank God for people like you and God bless you"

My wife and daughter say that you never know where Angels are or what they look like! It JUST MAY BE that this person KNEW EXACTLY how you were feeling!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/25/14 - 07:29 am
Cleaning up storm debrey

"I CAN TELL YOU how to get the limbs picked up on your property. Pay for them. I had two trees down and they are gone because I paid for them. The insurance didn’t pay for all of it, but they paid about three-quarters of it. Get your trees cleaned up"

PLEASE tell us what your insurance company is!! My company's adjuster would only give us $500 to get rid of two medium sized oak trees!! This is hardly enough!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 03/25/14 - 07:40 am
Rant about Putin

"I BELIEVE PUTIN of Russia is just a little Hitler getting started. Russians need to recognize this and put an end to this before it goes further"

I agree with you 100%!! As for the Russian people, MAYBE they are ready to be part of the NUMBER 1 country in the world no matter how in happens!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/25/14 - 07:53 am
"I predict that the next

"I predict that the next superintendent of Richmond County Schools will be black'

Yes, I'm sure they will be. It's probably for the best. I can't see a qualified white superintendent wanting to come take this system. That would be committing career suicide. Sort of like no qualified white person being interested in running for mayor. We give up....

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/25/14 - 08:03 am
Little Lamb's photo

I just posted a photo from Little Lamb. Thanks for sending it in. If you want to see your photo there, send me an email, sean.moores@augustachronicle.com

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/25/14 - 09:05 am

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...