Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE PEOPLE ON Eliot Boulevard helped each other during the big storm. We love y’all and we appreciate y’all. Thank you very much, and God bless you.

THE COUNTY IS really working hard to pick up the yard waste after the storm, but the people in the houses are not sweeping up after they pick everything up.

QUIT THROWING ALL the fast-food containers on the highways. It looks ghetto everywhere. Have a little respect.

I AM SURE PUTIN is not hiding in fear of Obama.

SUSAN MCCORD, OF The Augusta Chronicle, did a great job of investigative reporting on the Augusta Utilities scandal. Thanks to Susan, we have knowledge of governmental fraud. Step up, attorneys, and do your civic duty to get our money back.

OBAMA’S UNELECTED wife is working hard by pushing government as Big Brother about what we eat to help Obama become dictator. What is it with these people? When government can dictate what we eat, we’re in worse shape than the Russians under Stalin.

I FEEL AS THOUGH officer Martin of GRU should be prosecuted for the hell he has given Frederick Gibbons over the years. Mr. Gibbons should own GRU after the unjustified arrests and brutality put upon him. Martin should go to jail. Martin should have stayed on campus looking after things going on there instead of being a cowboy and trying to police Wrightsboro Road.

FOR THAT “VET” who just came back and claims none of the homeless ever saw traumatic action, let me inform you that evidently has never met or worked with those homeless vets. Many suffer from PTSD. They got that PTSD after seeing combat. Many are addicted. They became addicted receiving medications for combat injuries and are decorated combat veterans. Your lack of personal knowledge is obvious, and until you actually know some of those veterans you should probably look and say: “There but for the grace of God go I.”

I AGREE WITH THE ranter that Pam Tucker should have a college degree. Since she wrote the text for Emergency Management, Gov. Nathan Deal should make it his priority to see that she is presented with her doctoral degree. Sounds good: Pam Tucker, Ph.D.

Kos
Kos 03/10/14 - 07:38 pm
The hidden gem in the budget.

If you want to give low- income children the best shot at growing up to be happy and successful adults, you send them to preschool. It's a no - brainer. Kids who attend preschool are more likely to attend college and are less likely to go to prison. They earn more money as adults and build more stable families. They contribute more in taxes and require less government help. President Obama introduced a Preschool for All plan in his budget. It's a big step forward,but it can't happen unless Congress pass the President's Universal Preschool Plan.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/10/14 - 07:52 pm
Ukranie Prime Minister met President Obama today

The President promised him

"If you like your country you can keep it."

dwb619
dwb619 03/11/14 - 05:48 am
Proper place

I don't know if this is the proper place for this information., but here goes.
We found out about this web site two weeks ago when the wife found a young dog that was scared and lost.
www.aikenpetsreunited.org

BRIAN INFRANTRY
BRIAN INFRANTRY 03/10/14 - 09:49 pm
Rave for the Veterans Administration

As an Iraqi veteran, I am proud to see the grand treatment that the wounded warrior blind veterans are receiving from the Veterans Administration. I saw them at Target, the grocery store, the Junior League Attic Sale, Cirque De La Symphonie and the Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show. They must be using a tour guide!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/11/14 - 05:54 am
Investigative Reporters Of All Kinds

I not only want to thank Susan McCord and the other investigative reporters who serve as watchdogs over government, but also the internet commenters who try hard to keep Boss Hawg out of the people’s cash register.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/11/14 - 05:56 am
College Degree

College Degrees have become a business and not all they are cracked up to be.. I'll take someone like Pam Tucker over most people with college degrees. Quite often someone with a degree is hired into a job they have no knowledge or expertise in and then they are carried by the people who have the knowledge and expertise.. This is no more than corporate welfare. These "degreed" individuals make large salaries off the backs of people who really know what's going on and who keep them out of trouble. On a rare occaision the "Educated" one will actually try to learn and help in the job rather than be a distraction and hindrance. I'll take an experienced person over someone with a degree every time! Pam Tucker, you don't need a piece of paper from a school to prove your worth. You have more knowledge than any of those people who teach it, practical and real knowledge, not theory!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/11/14 - 06:01 am
Good Morning

Good Morning from the Broad St Canal Coffee, Bar&Grill and Psychiatric Center. I'm fired up this morning, so the drink special today is a Double Bourbon- Neat. Today's breakfast special is Huevos Rancheros with Chorizo Sausage, Hash Browns and Tortillas. We're going international today!! Lunch will be a Stir Fry of Chicken with Broccoli Sauce, (that's #69 on the Menu) with Fried Rice and Egg Roll. So stroll on down the Marion Williams Hard Drive Broad St Skyway and join us for a shot and a taste of cuisine!!

deestafford
deestafford 03/11/14 - 07:27 am
Her Majesty, Moochelle, has ...

Her Majesty, Moochelle has 21 people on her personal staff to attend to her needs. Now her supporters will say she needs all of those to handle the many duties and requirements of her realm. Well, let's look at the numbers on the "staffs" of her two previous first ladies: Hillary Clinton had 3 and Laura Bush had 1. How 'bout that.

Hopefully, the children of China will appreciate her upcoming trip to talk with them about the importance of a good high school education. Maybe they will emulate the schools of her realm which rank in the double digits in the world whereas China ranks in the top five. She can show them how to become "diverse" and "multicultured" as a means to dive toward mediocrity from the tower of excellence. She is also taking along her daughters and her mother to assist her in this endeavor.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/11/14 - 07:28 am
Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs down already this morning, I'm on my way to International Recognition!!! :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 07:28 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 07:30 am
When you are in the posse

You get thumbs down...price we have to pay on here...ya hear!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 07:35 am
Vodka saves

I have probably saved my life many times & didn't know it.....bring on the martinis...I can't wait til I tell my hubby about this!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 07:40 am
I agree with ya about college

I worked with some (in Atlanta-not Augusta) fresh out of college with a top job in the Bell system...didn't know crap about the job....the underlings kept them afloat.
Some appreciated it & some didn't......amazing how the world has changed.....experience was very important at one time.
Maybe the PC world will dry up one day, I hope so.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/11/14 - 07:59 am
I see Obama has nominated a

I see Obama has nominated a man to be Surgeon General who was president of Doctors for Obama and who thinks the 2nd Amendment is our biggest health problem. Go figure. Another nut nominated by a nut to be a crusader for anti-constitutional positions.

Contact your Senators and tell them to vote NO on the nomination of Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy to be Surgeon General.

jrsc429
jrsc429 03/11/14 - 08:22 am
in the Publix parking lot

This is to the man who confronted my wife in the Publix parking lot on Fury's Ferry Road Monday about having his dog in the store. The word that you called my wife probably was more suited to your dog, but did not apply to my wife. You, not my wife, disobeyed the rule about bringing a pet into a grocery store.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/11/14 - 09:09 am
Good Morning "Attention Sean" AC America.

This article yesterday is the straw that broke my back.

AIKEN COUNTY BOYS SAVE BROTHER FROM HANGING

Monday, March 10, 2014

5 very appropriate post were made and all 5 received a TSD from a daily continuous human "IT" (no words that could describe this "IT")!

This "IT" has done this from the very beginning of the point system and IMO is completely in violation of the AC posting policy.

Granted, there are many posted comments that deserve to receive a thumbs down and I have given a few.

Sean, think about this, if I was to give you the finger, would you consider that to be a respectful silent conversation, a personal attack and or a very hateful silent remark.

You can not use the report link to to help identify the inappropriate post because the down finger was not words spoken but action taken.

This "IT" is a very sick human and somehow needs to be identified.

I have a suggestion and you can do what you want with it. It is your call.

As like the Group sites in Facebook, the User Name is indicated on likes or unlike tabs. This would make this "IT" go away or "IT" to Stand Its Ground.

I know many of my AC friends will agree with me and then many won't. So be it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/11/14 - 09:22 am
So

my one TSD, "Stand Your Ground!!!!!"

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 09:27 am
I luvs ya cgee

Give me my gun & I'll shoot that bad thumbs downer....yes I will.♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/11/14 - 09:28 am
Now

TSD, you can do it to my face!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/11/14 - 09:29 am
Now

how about showing yours!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 09:30 am
I'm taking my sweetie ot to lunch

He has been helping me in this house---sooo, he gets what he wants today.....(I think he wants golf time) :)

Stay calm on here & STAND YOUR GROUND!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/11/14 - 09:48 am

If I'm not getting thumbs down, I'm off my game.

harley_52
harley_52 03/11/14 - 10:34 am
Does Getting A "Thumbs Down"...

...increase your points total?

Jake
Jake 03/11/14 - 10:47 am
Thumbin'

Thumb-thing must be wrong with thumb-one who just thumbs down all the time.

harley_52
harley_52 03/11/14 - 11:07 am
"Thumbs" System....

I have never understood it. It was implemented when I was away for a while and I've never seen it explained. From the beginning, it was pretty obvious to me that it was all pretty silly. I don't use it.

Early on, I somehow accumulated about 5000 points. One evening I got into a peeing contest with a leftwing poster who had called me a "liar" and the censors pulled one of my posts and penalized me several thousand points. In my mind that confirmed the wisdom of my choice not to bother with the system.

I notice some "regulars" have accumulated huge numbers of points, while others way, way less. One possibility would be the "quality" of their posts, but that's obviously a subjective issue. Another would be the "quantity" of their posts. After more than five years here, I really can't say. I have noticed some posts already have a "thumbs up" (or two) when they first show up on the board. Other times a very simple, one sentence post having nothing to do with the issue being discussed might get a dozen "thumbs up" and half a dozen "thumbs down." None of it makes any sense, at least to me.

I have offered, several times, to give all my points to @Dixieman who has always seemed particularly interested in his points total. I will gladly make the same offer to give them to him, or to any other poster who would like to have them even if it's one of the hard-lefties in here.

Heck, I'm only now approaching 20K and I don't really believe I deserve any of them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/11/14 - 11:17 am
They're bitthumbs. You can

They're bitthumbs. You can use them to buy things.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/14 - 11:37 am
Thumb game on here

I got a toaster oven & just had 2 free meals from Chilis...maybe S M needs to "splain" things to some on here....

Then again, maybe not!

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/11/14 - 11:45 am
Still TROLLING, I see....NO TEXT

NO Text!!!!!

jimmymac
jimmymac 03/11/14 - 11:50 am
TD OR TU

It must be traumatic for so many to whine about getting a TD. It apparently doesn't''t bother people when they get a TU. This must indicate that if everyone doesn't agree with a poster they should just vote TU so as not to distress anyone. If you don't like the votes don't post. It's an opinion board and everyone doesn't have to be in lockstep.

seenitB4