Rants & Raves

ALL I HAVE READ indicates Dr. Ricardo Azziz has done nothing for the Augusta area except change the trusted and admired name of MCG to GRU and removed the name of Augusta of which we are so proud of.

Today's photo is from Cobalt George. This was taken two miles from the Korean DMZ in 1958. Send me your photos if you want to see them here. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com I will post as often as possible. I probably won't do it every day, but I should be able to several times a week. have a good day everybody! - Sean  Cobalt George
Cobalt George

IF DR. FRANK Roberson truly had the interest of the students of Richmond County at heart, he would step aside and allow a more able person to take the reins. Shame on the school board members for not taking the right steps to remove him.

REPLACING FOOD purchased with food stamps? How about the hard-working people who work tirelessly to put food feed our children, pay renter’s or homeowner’s insurance, and aren’t able to replace the food we lost. How about us? Not all policies cover food lost, and it won’t cover this week so we can eat until payday. Who is going to help me feed my family? Certainly won’t be DFCS because I work hard for the little I have.

BIG TIME RAVES to Ms. Lucas of Augusta’s Emergency Management Department. She appears dedicated and very responsive as learned from our recent ice invasion. It’s good we have her on hand.

BECAUSE OF THE power outage, we could not use our EBT card. They should go back to printing food stamps so they can be used regardless of whether the computers are up or down.

HOW COME SPAIN is going to give free citizenship top the Sephardic people? There is 50 percent unemployment in Spain. Forget it.

THAT WASN’T AN earthquake; that was Clifford Roberts turning in his grave because he knew President Eisenhower’s wish was coming to fruition.

I AM OLD, AND I was cold for four days. Thank you, Georgia Power, for turning the current back on.

BRAD OWENS IS just a gadfly and an Internet troll. I can’t believe that he is the best choice to be on that group.

THE 77-YEAR-OLD woman who was found in the laundry room was said to die of natural causes. Why did the people who lived in
the house not know she was in the laundry room?

The Savage Madame
The Savage Madame 02/24/14 - 08:32 pm
Because of the power outage,

Because of the power outage, I could not work to support your EBT habit either. How's about you get off your butt and get a job. Help me support you.

Butterman
Butterman 02/24/14 - 10:24 pm
We'll see how long Brad lasts

We'll see how long Brad lasts on that board. I doubt very long with the way he lashes out with his diatribes and personal attacks.

corgimom
corgimom 02/24/14 - 10:49 pm
"THE 1950S PUBLIC schools

"THE 1950S PUBLIC schools taught reading, writing and arithmetic, social studies, geography and the real history of our country. We had physical education that taught us team playing, fair play, winning, losing and social interaction."

I went to school in the 60's and 70's, and we also were taught respect for authority, self-responsibility, and consequences for inappropriate behavior. Everybody had family problems, there wasn't any excuses made for a child's bad behavior, and the schools were safe and kids enjoyed going to school.

corgimom
corgimom 02/24/14 - 11:27 pm
Maurice Bessinger died! AC,

Maurice Bessinger died! AC, why aren't you covering this?

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/25/14 - 05:46 am
Too bad about those EBT

Too bad about those EBT cards. You're probably right about the old paper coupons because my paper CASH worked just fine!
Now look, whoever you are, you KNOW that you're not about to get ANY sympathy on here for not being able to use your Eat Better Today card!

wildman
wildman 02/25/14 - 05:53 am
Poor thing

I hate it that the EBT card wouldn't work. You and your card have something in common!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/25/14 - 06:26 am
Some people...

Things that make you just shake your head..... and bite your tongue. I was at a convenience store and heard the following conversation between the clerk and a customer...

Clerk: How are you?
Cust: Just trying to get back to work after that ice storm. I got no money and don't know how I am going to feed the kids. Gimme TEN of those (lottery scratchers), 5 mega and 5 powerball.

She is saying this while puting her beer on the counter to be paid for.

I was thinking... if you can't feed the kids put back the beer and lottery tickets and get some milk bread and eggs and make the kids some french toast or something.

KSL
KSL 02/25/14 - 07:22 am
Disgusting and getting worse.

Disgusting and getting worse.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/25/14 - 07:39 am
Augusta's Emergency Management Division

I didn't know they had one... That's probably the only secret they've kept that long!!

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/25/14 - 07:58 am
So sorry your EBT card did

So sorry your EBT card did not work or your food wasn't replaced. My food wasn't replaced either and I got out and went to work the day days a week after the storm. No sympathy from me.after the storm and have worked morning to way past 9PM

corgimom
corgimom 02/25/14 - 08:35 am
Roadkill, my parents were

Roadkill, my parents were much the same way. We had holes in our shoes, we were dirty, we had inadequate clothing, we would be out of milk to drink- but they always had money for cigarettes.

This is nothing new, it's all about selfish, neglectful adults.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 08:43 am
Addictions

Did ya know that sugar was 8 times MORE addictive than heroin...yikes!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 08:45 am
GWTW my friend

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 08:46 am
I agree coldbeer

Augusta's Emergency Management Division

WHERE is this office?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/25/14 - 08:58 am
Office Location

It's a secret.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/25/14 - 09:02 am
Good Morning "Rant 6" USS of America.

I want you to know that my heart Bleeds Purple p... for you. I know you also were in a critical condition without your computer.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 09:03 am
Paula Deen is backkkkk

Earlier this month, she announced that private investment firm Najafi Companies is investing $75 million to $100 million to help her make a comeback, the AP reported.

"As part of the deal, she's launching an umbrella company, Paula Deen Ventures, that will oversee her restaurants, cookbooks and product endorsements," the report said.

She received a warm welcome at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival over the weekend, with fans shouting, "We want you back, Paula!"

I want to thank all the IDIOTS who gave her a hard time...she now will run her own companies & probably make more money too!!

chapen71
chapen71 02/25/14 - 09:04 am
EBT Card

Kind of reminds me of those who put 5.00 worth of gas in a big SUV.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 09:08 am
Cathead biscuits & gravy

I don't care how many calories it has...coldbeer give me some of that menu....the syrupy sugar cane & sweet one...melt in yo mouth one!
Yummmmmm---don't make me beg--coldbeer..:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/25/14 - 09:09 am
corgimom, You Still Amaze Me.

your 09:49 pm was a comment that so many of us feel and have experienced.
Why is it in many of your past comments on the topic of education that you support today's destructive government actions within our schools or was the 09:49 post the good side of your split personality?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 09:12 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/25/14 - 09:14 am
Rant 3.

There was a lot of snow and ice available during that time. Why did you not do as many did. Pack your perishables with it or was that too much trouble.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 09:16 am
Amazing corgi

I bet corgi amazes her husband too...just saying cgee.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/25/14 - 09:18 am
CG

Are you asking people to use that mass of gray cells located in the cranium?

KSL
KSL 02/25/14 - 09:26 am
They could be too far damaged

They could be too far damaged at this point, rk.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/25/14 - 09:30 am
Proud To Be A Democat!

I have been hearing this so much lately, make me feel like, am I missing something in life.

DENVER (AP) — Saying some neighborhoods have more pot shops than banks, Colorado Democrats on Wednesday rejected a proposal to ban the use of public assistance cards to obtain cash at marijuana-shop ATMs

The Senate State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee voted 3-2 along party lines against a GOP proposal to add marijuana shops to the list of places where recipients of public assistance can’t use their government-issued EBT cards to access cash.

The list already includes casinos, liquor stores and gun shops.

Sen. Vicki Marble, R-Fort Collins, said Colorado’s new legal pot industry needs to make sure not to invite federal scrutiny through improper cash withdrawals at recreational or medical marijuana stores.

“Already we are operating an industry which is not allowed under federal law,” said Marble, one of the chief lawmakers involved with Colorado’s marijuana regulation bills.

If federal authorities notice public benefit card use at marijuana shops, “I have a feeling we’re going to see trouble we’re not ready to deal with,” she said.

Democrats on the committee said some neighborhoods have few ATMs, and the Legislature should address those banking deserts before piling on places where public assistance cards can’t be used.

“I’m not comfortable limiting that access until I’m certain we’ve done that due diligence to make sure people can access their benefits when they need to,” Sen. Irene Aguilar, D-Denver, said.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/25/14 - 09:40 am
due diligence to make sure people can access their benefits

Heavens...we certainly don't want a roadblock to block THAT!!

Just make sure the WORKERS can make it to their jobs to pay for the dang bennies.

harley_52
harley_52 02/25/14 - 10:10 am
"I didn't know they had one...

...That's probably the only secret they've kept that long!!"

Isn't that where Pam Tucker got her start before moving to Columbia County?