Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MARION WILLIAMS wants to command where a city worker can live? Why not just assign the workers by throwing the dice for Section 8, mixed-used complexes or which private apartments? Why let them choose at all?

WE THE TAXPAYERS and citizens of Augusta-Richmond County have two burning questions. What was the outcome on the $25,000 missing from our tax commissioner’s office? What was the outcome from the slick lady that duped students from Butler High School in reference to the Washington, D.C., trip?

A BIG RAVE AND thank-you to the person or persons responsible for the right passing lane at Washington Road and Knob Hill Road.

NOW OBAMA WANTS to extend unemployment payments rather than create jobs for the unemployed. Unfortunately he has never created a job in his life and doesn’t know how. All he has to do is approve the Keystone pipeline, stop blocking fracking on federal land and void the anti-business rules the “tree huggers” at the EPA have imposed on American businesses. This would get the economy booming.

THE PROPERTY VALUES in south Richmond County are definitely going up. With all the improvements going on in south Augusta, we should try to improve ourselves and quit throwing our garbage on the streets.

THE PUSH FOR religious-themed caroling within public areas of the VA is just ridiculous. As a veteran of two recent conflicts who uses the VA for all primary care I would be incredibly put-off having to hear songs about someone else’s god. The VA is a MEDICAL facility, not a church, not a worship center, a hospital. A hospital where veterans of ALL faiths go to receive care after serving their country. Have some respect for them. I would have no problem asking them to not sing those songs including “god” or other religious themes.

PEOPLE ARE ASKING who gave that Bieber kid alcohol and drugs. I would like to know who rented him a $200,000 sports car when he does not have a driver’s license.

WOULD ANY OF our previous presidents allow 140,000 people in Syria to be slaughtered without action or interest?

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/14 - 06:03 pm
@allhans...

...you are very welcome.

corgimom
corgimom 02/02/14 - 06:08 pm
People have the right to say

People have the right to say anything they want to about a city, it's no reflection on a poster. It's not like high school, where you're supposed to be true to your school.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/14 - 06:27 pm
"I would have no problem asking them...

....to not sing those songs including “god” or other religious themes."

And I have every confidence that they would respect your request. I also have every confidence that 99.99% of the other patients would take joy and hope from children coming to sing carols for them at Christmas or, for that matter, any time. Unlike you, most people aren't offended by children taking their time to make their troubled times a little easier to handle.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/14 - 07:14 pm
No Double Standard

The whole concept that those reading a newspaper named after a city, but don’t live in the city, shouldn’t comment except in positive ways about the city is asinine. Deal with it. I even talk about Ludowici and I don't subscribe to their paper.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/14 - 07:25 pm
"Deal with it."

I can and I will.

Hell, I am already. It's getting to where I enjoy it.

Keep it coming if the best you can do is badmouth along with the rest of the squad.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/14 - 07:33 pm
Heh, heh, heh. How was your

Heh, heh, heh. How was your trip into God's Country today?

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/14 - 07:42 pm
God's Country?

Oh, I get it, you mean Columbia County.

We all had a great time. Would have been even greater if the fish were biting.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/14 - 07:59 pm
Fishing sucks on the river,

Fishing sucks on the river, too. Too cold, I guess. But just getting out in the sunshine is the important thing.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/14 - 08:08 pm
"Too cold, I guess."

Yeah, that's my guess too. I've tried just about everything for bait. It may be that the kids are making too much noise, but they're young and having a great time and that's really all that matters.

Today we discovered they aren't afraid of either worms, or minnows.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/02/14 - 10:14 pm
I love Augusta. We have lived

I love Augusta. We have lived here since the early 1970s.

Kettle donations rise in 2014