Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

HOW STUPID DOES (the sheriff’s office) look for naming the deputy who was fired for cocaine use as Deputy of the Year? You knew what he was doing and still went forward with giving him the award, and one week later he is fired and all of this comes out. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life.

I’M GLAD MY diploma reads, “Augusta State University” and was signed by Dr. Bloodworth.

DAVID BROND SAID that “Augusta” was omitted because of confusion it would create. Also that the costs to change the signs to add “Augusta” will be negligible. He is dead wrong on both counts. Brond came to Augusta from Delaware and Azziz from California. What they both know together is really negligible. Also, I would suggest that together they pay the additional costs for adding “Augusta” to the signs out of their own pockets… especially since it’s such a negligible amount.

CONCERNING THE useless war in Vietnam (I am a Vietnam vet) that President Eisenhower started. After we lost billions (of dollars) and tens of thousands of brave soldiers over more than 10 years and (two) Democratic presidents we would eventually leave and things would revert not to what they were, but the communism we fought against. I bet the Democrats really don’t want to talk about such things. Is that why the Democrats now in office have told the VA to push Vietnam vets’ care to the back of the line and bottom of the pile?

IN 1917, WORLD War I, President Woodrow Wilson called for “peace without victory.” This is the same Marxist dunce who started our present income tax.

I GUESS BETTER late than never – “Augusta” will get put back on the signs, thank goodness. Do they think all the fuss and furor will really die down and out? Let’s see how small or large the letters will be first.

I CAN’T BELIEVE they let Marion Williams rant on and on with all that nonsense and disrespect. So people are talking like they did 200 years ago? Williams thinks the commission attorney doesn’t know what he is doing? And another commissioner dares to think that since other commissioner requests are answered, why not Williams’ hard-drive one? Don’t trust any names and personal data in the hands of Williams.

RAVES TO THE job our emergency workers do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 12:12 pm
List at Tedx event

I wish we had a list of guests at that great event.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 12:12 pm
"The main people moving to

"The main people moving to the urban core include young families, young professionals, LGBT community, and empty nesters."

Yeah, when their kids get to be school-age, they move to either CC or AC.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/01/14 - 12:14 pm
I would have paid beer money

I would have paid beer money to have seen Corgimom speak at the TEDx.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 12:14 pm
Sophisticated, I wondered

Sophisticated, I wondered that myself, why that cop just got probation under Ronnie Strength

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/01/14 - 12:15 pm
@river

Not me. I don't go to events that serve lunch is a plastic box.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/01/14 - 12:18 pm
RM & anotherday,

Kept up the unaccepting education for all the no brain liberal ameba's.

RM, "Thus we may have lost the battle, but we won the war. So True.

dich, " I wish we could mount the same effort here in the USA." That is no longer a wish but a requirement!

How many can visualize the impression on a 14 year old cong that was brain wash that their leader is god, when a .223 enters their forehead.
Right here in this once great nation, 14 years old are being brainwash with the same ideology in our education system and we are all just saying.."What Difference Does It Make"

The new (G2R) projectile is now hitting the market. FEMA & HLS has just bought every round they can get their hands on. Thanks to a friend, the first hundred rounds in my rifles and pistols now contain them. There is never a need for emergency rooms treatment when "One round say it all"

Don't be blind to the hand writing on the wall, just be prepared because it is coming sooner than you think!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 12:15 pm
Bet on game

I need to know which team to bet on Sunday...so guys, which one? Hubby will bet with me.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/01/14 - 12:17 pm
Big Game

I like Denver, so you should bet on Seattle.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 12:22 pm
ok jtf...haha

G2R, based in Winder, Ga.,

Dang cg..that is near me....who knew that company was there.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/01/14 - 12:23 pm
CGee, glad you are out of the

CGee, glad you are out of the hospital.

SeenIt, yeah, I like Denver, too, so that means Seattle as JTF said.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 12:24 pm
Corgimom speak at the TEDx.

I bet corgi could have....for HOURS if needed....on any subject btw.
smile corgi :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/01/14 - 12:30 pm
Corgimom's opening words at

Corgimom's opening words at her TEDx talk:

"You realize this is a pompous event and all of you are idiots for attending."

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 12:39 pm
^^haha about corgi

She is not afraid to use the English language..that's for sure..

See yall later guys...cooking to do..If I bet on the game & lose, I will lose $50 bucks....so tell me if you change your mind...I think t is Denver...anyway I will look at the players & THEN make up my mind...all in the body/looks....haha

harley_52
harley_52 02/01/14 - 12:55 pm
"CONCERNING THE useless war in Vietnam....."

Sad to say, the end result of the Vietnam war was much worse than "useless," it was catastrophic. 58, 169 died, 304,000 were injured. More that one in ten who served in Vietnam was a casualty. In the end, communism took over in Vietnam and they slaughtered hundreds of thousands who had helped the Americans. On the political front, we claimed we had achieved a "peace with honor," but that's a euphemism for "losing." We cut and ran. We showed our lack of political mettle to the rest of the world and we feel the effects still today. We've reinforced our reputation for political cowardice ever since we ran away from Vietnam. Our wars since the have solidified that reputation. Our allies don't trust us and our enemies don't fear us. The military has become a laboratory for far-left social experimentation and military leaders who oppose it are weeded out via the Chicago-like political machine now running the Country.

As for the suggestion that the V.A. has moved Vietnam veterans to the "back of the line and the bottom of the pile," I, personally, have seen no indication that's true. All my dealings with the local V.A. have been positive and I'd place their staff and their facilities here in Augusta right up with any of the other hospitals located here.

daphne3520
daphne3520 02/01/14 - 12:59 pm
TROLLS Abound, Hereabouts!!! NO TEXT!

NO TEXT!!!!

God save America
God save America 02/01/14 - 01:00 pm
na police

there was a backing accident and i got somebody to call the police which i shouldn't done.they arristed mecalled 2 more officers came and tore up my car looking for drugs which i didn't have in my car or on me.i was arrested and put in the aiken county jail for pres. drugs. the desk sargent didn't want to keep me there but he had no choice. if you have this happen to you don't do any test no samples and don't talk to them.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 01:03 pm
"I would have paid beer money

"I would have paid beer money to have seen Corgimom speak at the TEDx."

Oh YEAH, would that have been cool or what?

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 01:06 pm
Nah, Riverman, I would've

Nah, Riverman, I would've turned it into one big party. I would've had everybody laughing and maybe even a few dancing.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 01:07 pm
Oh yeah, now, I could've

Oh yeah, now, I could've TALKED.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 01:12 pm
But yeah, I MIGHT have said

But yeah, I MIGHT have said something along those lines, Riverman, I don't take events like that too seriously. But I don't know if I'd call them idiots, probably I'd be nicer.

I don't much like that serious-speech stuff much, or people that take themselves too seriously.

countyman
20244
countyman 02/01/14 - 01:32 pm
Irony

Seenitb4.. Why did you bother asking if you think you already know the answer? Why ask the citizens who actually live in the county then? Even upper middle class neighborhoods have to deal with property crimes.. How does eight break ins equal the sky is falling or section 8? Wheeless road includes multiple different neighborhoods, and runs all the way from Gordon Hwy to Deans Bridge road..

Riverman.. I think you should have attended the TEDx event, because many people from your county explained how they were tired of living in this cultural dumpster..

The only exciting place to experience the local cutlure in the CSRA is really downtown Augusta, and to an lesser extend downtown Aiken..

The CSRA must increase the size of the local creative class, because the Cyber Command is coming to Augusta.

countyman
20244
countyman 02/01/14 - 01:49 pm
TEDx

The TEDx event held downtown at the library was spectacular, and different people from all over the metro were in attendence.. The naysayers from the Augusta Chronicle wouldn't have enjoyed themselves, because the people in attendance weren't belittling or bashing Augusta. They were actually discussing the great things happening in Augusta, or around the US..

''Yeah, when their kids get to be school-age, they move to either CC or AC.''

What schools in Columbia or Aiken counties are better than CT Walker, AR Johnson, and Davidson located in the urban core/CBD? It's also hilarious that you believe the parents have to move to another county, and can't simply move somewhere else in Richmond County..

This is coming from the same person who said the land in Harlem/Grovetown was expensive, and the land in North Richmond/West Augusta is dirt cheap.. The owners of the Mercedes Benz of Augusta obviously didn't get the memo, because they decided to build the dealership in West Augusta..

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 01:58 pm
New word ctyman?

i·ro·ny1

/ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/

noun

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

THe crime report said MOST CRIMES IN THAT AREA...I didn't say it, the report said it...no worry though, I'm checking with reliable sources to find out what is going on....& since I LIVED there for MANY years you don't have to inform me of the area mileage...geez...you just can't stand it if someone checks on crime reports in Richmoond county...we could talk about Aiken Or Columbia county all day & you wouldn't bat an eye...IRONY..

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 01:57 pm
"Wheeless road includes

"Wheeless road includes multiple different neighborhoods, and runs all the way from Gordon Hwy to Deans Bridge road..

Yeah, seenit, bet you never knew THAT. Sheesh.

It's been bad for quite a while now.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 02:03 pm
"What schools in Columbia or

"What schools in Columbia or Aiken counties are better than CT Walker, AR Johnson, and Davidson located in the urban core/CBD? "

Countyman, those represent schools that are very difficult to get into with very limited enrollment. Very few children attend those schools.

Maybe some people are not interested in having their children attend a Health Science school or a Fine Arts school, did you ever think of that?

I wouldn't have put my child in either of those. Not every child is interested in a career in health science or likes the fine arts.

And for those kids, RC is abominable.

Less than 60% of the kids in RC graduate. And you're ok with that?

For your information, yes, I am one of those people who, when I came back to Augusta, refused to buy a house in RC- because of the schools. And there were many, many more people like me that felt the same way.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 02:05 pm
I don't know for sure

I don't know for sure *snort*, but I'm JUST GUESSING that it takes WAY MORE LAND to build an outlet mall than a Mercedes dealership.

HAHAHA, your posts are PRICELESS, Countyman!

Comparing a Mercedes dealership to an outlet mall- WOW!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/14 - 02:07 pm
Wheeless Rd

Wheeless Road Elementary School
2530 Wheeless Rd
Augusta, GA 30906-3008

Actually it runs across Hy 1/Deans Bridge.....my daughters went to school at Wheeless & walked....in the days of old they could walk all over that area.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 02:10 pm
In the old days, you could

In the old days, you could walk ANYWHERE in Augusta and there wouldn't be a problem. I went all over Augusta, day and night, and never felt threatened.

Now-different story.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 02:45 pm
I guess I must live a

I guess I must live a different life than some people, I've never been searched by an officer, never been arrested, never even came close to it.

What a way to live your life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/01/14 - 03:32 pm
Oh, goodness, it would have

Oh, goodness, it would have been so wonderful to pay to go to TEDx and rub shoulders with brilliant people like Countyman.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...