Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

This is a photo of my wife Dani making a snowman on her car last night around 10:30. A lot of people didn't make it into work today, so I'm pretty busy. Everyone have a good day and enjoy the snow. I'll be checking in periodically. Let me know if you need anything, and send me some snow photos to post here. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com - Sean  SEAN MOORES/STAFF
SEAN MOORES/STAFF

GOV. DEAL “PRAISES” DeKalb County schools for moving from a grade of F all the way up to a grade of D.

HAVE YOU NOTICED that the “Knock Out” game is not being played in those areas where people can carry concealed weapons? Maybe the thugs are smarter than we thought.

YOU WONDER WHY you don’t have as many car wrecks with deer. I can sum it up in one word: coyotes. They are killing all the young deer.

I HAD OUR MEDICINE delivered from Barney’s Pharmacy. The delivery man was Kenny. When he left, he took a big bag of trash to the road for me. This is the second time he has done this. I really appreciate it. I had a total knee replacement about three months ago and that really helped me. They gave me good service and a good deed.

I WAS WONDERING if anyone has seen or heard from Al Gore lately. I wonder if he is up north.

AZZIZ MUST GO. He has once again lied to us in regards to GRU. He is not to be trusted. And now he wants to infiltrate Columbia County with his new hospital. He must go.

THE SCHOOLS MEAN so much to the community. I hope people will consider how the people these schools are named after will be perpetuated. What will the school be replaced with for the good of the community.

THE RESIDENTS OF Columbia County would surely welcome a new hospital only if Azziz had nothing to do with it.

IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS why Marion Williams wants to see Fred Russell’s files. He wants to see if he has something on him.

FOR THE PERSON thinking Christie never accepted responsibility for the mess in N.J. You need to get your news from a different source than CNN or MSNBC. Christie did in fact accept full responsibility for the mess. He did fire staff (note that Obama has yet to fire anyone for anything), but he said he was ultimately responsible. Even knowing he personally would be investigated for any involvement he has absolutely denied any knowledge which leaves him no “out” if any personal connection is found. And BTW, I would never vote for Christie, I just hate to see incorrect facts stated about people.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 04:34 pm
It has been my experience

It has been my experience that when a politician says "I didn't know anything about it" that you need to watch them carefully, because their nose grows longer by the minute.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 04:44 pm
To ranter #8- The school

To ranter #8- The school district in my home town, Poway California, is naming their newest school "Design #39 campus".

I am not making this up, Google it.

It is the most harebrained name, ever.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 04:47 pm
Knock out - became more serious

after several players got shot.
1 by a little old 70 year old lady.
Try living that down in the hood.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 04:52 pm
Barney’s Pharmacy

This a personal Pharmacy
They are just plain great people, That take time to learn their customers names and needs.

We had all of our prescriptions transferred to him 2 years ago.
Never have regretted it 1 sec.

But Barry does have this one problem, he is a MEGA DAWG fan.

harley_52
harley_52 01/28/14 - 06:31 pm
"They are killing all the young deer."

Yes, and all the rabbits as well. And the quail eggs, pet cats and dogs, and anything else they can get their paws on.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 06:53 pm
We have all seen the GA Lottery Ads

that always quietly say at the end "Play responsibly" after hyping new games and selling the idea a player can get rich.

Today as a I usual I purchased my Mega Million Ticket and $1 scratch off. Then I looked up and saw a NEW $30 scratch Off ticket. I thought $5, $10 then $20 was ridiculous but $30?

How long before we see a $100 ticket so the state can grab a lot of a desperate persons check with 1 ticket.

I look at the odds of 1 in #.# knowing that only means I could a prize 1 in #.# times. BTW the prize is usually a "free ticket" to try again.

While no one is twisting my arm to play I often wonder who is watching the validity of the Lottery?

Like Why do we still have Fast Cash how many $10,000 are left out there of how many Million ticket waiting to be sold? ZERO I checked

So I did some checking and was surprised GA unlike other states I have played the lottery in, GA does not have a "Remaining Prizes" tab on their website. But they do have a Top Prizes remaining URL: http://www.galottery.com/games/instant-games/top-prizes-claimed

But that only covers top prizes, not remaining prizes, So how do I know if that $1 scratch off ticket has anything but "free Tickets" remaining? How do I know if the ODDS Stated are still
1 in #.# I don't and neither do you.

But remember it is ALL about improving GA Education.
Oh an the GA Income Tax on the winnings.

Imagine if all those promises used to sell the Lottery back around 1992-4 were kept. GA. would be #1 in the nation for education. not in the lower 1/2 of 50.

So until that happens, I purchase my $4 a week of hope and watch the poor wasting their paycheck on $20, and now $30 at a time hoping to get ahead.

OH I almost forgot what do y'all think of that new Ga Lottery Credit/Debt Card?

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 07:02 pm
Coyotes are a growing problem yes.

But I travel a lot and (house hunting) and have seen my share of dead deer in I-20 US78, US278, GA 11, GA 316, Ga 81, 985, 441 and others.

On I-20 it usually is Half a deer on 1 side half a deer on the other side of the bridge area. Those Semi's can rip one in 1/2.

But before we all go out of a coyote hunt, here is a bunch of good photos of a Coyote, so someone doesn't shoot someones mutt.

stuaby
stuaby 01/28/14 - 07:58 pm
Son of a ...

A representative from Macon is introducing a medical dope bill ALREADY. The ink isn't even dry yet from the AC article about the medical dope poll and someone's already trying to jam this through the system. A Republican, no less. Oh, and he trotted some kids out there. Gee whiz!

Here's something Adolf Hitler said: "As long as the government is _perceived_ as working for the _benefit of the children_, the people will happily endure almost any...deprivation."

Idiocy and treachery are running wild in this country now. Something has to give at some point.

voted_red
voted_red 01/28/14 - 08:56 pm
Newspaper delivery

I'm glad football season is almost over so my newspaper delivery person can stop using that as an excuse for late delivery on the weekends.

KSL
KSL 01/29/14 - 12:21 am
Exactly how soon do you want

Exactly how soon do you want it delivered?

You posted. You must have a computer.

Good Grief!

american rose
american rose 01/29/14 - 02:38 am
News Paper Delivery

I thought it was going to be late today. Looked out my window at two a.m. and saw tracks in my driveway that could only be made by my carrier. That is service.

KSL
KSL 01/29/14 - 05:16 am
The newspaper people deliver

The newspaper people deliver even when the mail people can't.

KSL
KSL 01/29/14 - 05:27 am
Or are told not to. That

Or are told not to.

That sums up the difference in government and private enterprise.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/29/14 - 05:49 am
The Emperor plainly stated in

The Emperor plainly stated in the SOTU address that if Congress won't do what he wants he will issue more executive orders... if bypassing the checks and balance provided by the United States Constitution doesn't fit the definition of DICTATOR please tell me what does.

corgimom
corgimom 01/29/14 - 06:30 am
I grew up in a rural area

I grew up in a rural area where there were coyotes all around. You could hear them howling and singing at night. Everybody just accepted them and kept their cats indoors.

Coyotes do a very good job of keeping down the vermin.

I wish one would come around my house, we have a terrible problem with feral cats and we could use a good one.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/29/14 - 07:11 am
I noticed 2 TSD's on my post

I noticed 2 TSD's on my post but no defense offered. Which proves you can't defend the truth with a lie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/14 - 07:14 am
Don't make fun of Deal

"GOV. DEAL “PRAISES” DeKalb County schools"

They were in the tank & sinking lower....he yanked the BOE out & replaced them.....now they have a chance to turn things around...what a circus that county has been lately. :(

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/14 - 07:18 am
SOTU

We fell asleep last night during the speech....did we miss much?

Did Willie from Duck Dynasty ever make it to the podium......all we needed was Honey Boo boo to really turn things around.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/14 - 07:26 am
Kids stuck on the bus late last night

What a mess in Atlanta....kids couldn't get home & parents couldn't make it to the schools....some just walked away from cars & left them stranded on the highways...many ran out of gas.

I know it is important to make school days but for goodness sake, why even have them in school for a few hours when there is a doubt this could happen?

Some spent the night at school.

grinder48
2051
grinder48 01/29/14 - 07:32 am
Obits

Rant for AC recently adding an extra step for online readers to read the obits. Click obits pulls up a partial list, to read full list requires additional click. Makes no sense.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/29/14 - 07:35 am
"I AM SO THANKFUL that Marion

"I AM SO THANKFUL that Marion Williams is in Richmond County and not in South Carolina. The people who voted for him deserve him. What a joke."

South Carolina has its own Marion Williams. He goes by the name of Rep. Joe Wilson over there.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/29/14 - 07:58 am
Barney's aside, the private

Barney's aside, the private enterprise is not always more efficient than government. Ask the people whose Christmas packages were late via UPS and FedEx.

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/29/14 - 08:25 am
" Ask the people whose

" Ask the people whose Christmas packages were late via UPS and FedEx."

Even UPS and FedEx cannot control the weather TM. Had nothing to do with efficiency.

Oh yeh, and Joe Wilson was right.....Obama LIED. You might not have liked his style but the truth is a pretty thing. Obama LIED and Rep. Joe Wilson called him on it the minute it came out of his mouth.

mad consumer
mad consumer 01/29/14 - 09:01 am
marion williams read a hard drive what a joke!

Give him the hard drive. he wouldn't know what it was or how to use it. And even if he could the vocabulary would be over his head anyway. Will probably need a transcribed copy and an interpreter.

mad consumer
mad consumer 01/29/14 - 09:11 am
BEST BUMPER STICKER

"I BREAK FOR SNOW FLAKES"

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/29/14 - 09:53 am
babyboy
babyboy 01/29/14 - 10:05 am
Truth about Chris Christie

You can't turn on a television, open a newspaper, or hop on the Internet right now without hearing about Bridge - gate - the political scandal surrounding Governor Chris Christie. But what you may not be hearing is that Gov. Christie's bullying goes way beyond creating massive traffic problems for a mayor who didn't endorse his re- election. For years, he's been pushing extreme policies that hurt New Jersey women while framing himself as a moderate. Right now, when he's in the national spotlight, the people must know about Christie's attacks against women! What is crystal clear is that the governor's office ordered lane closures that were intended to make first responders experience delays, kids sit gridlocked on the first day of school, and commuters hit log jams, to punish the Democratic mayor who didn't endorse Chris Christies re- election bid. Governor Christie should be remove from service.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/29/14 - 10:19 am
New photo

I just posted a new photo of the day - It's one of mine this time. Send me some of your snow photos and I'll post them here. We are also posting them in a slideshow. The best way to submit them is online here: http://chronicle.augusta.com/content/form/photos-our-readers. Have fun and be careful out there.