Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Everybody cross your fingers and be careful out there! - Sean  Staff File Photo
Staff File Photo
Today's pic is from the big snow of 1973? See a slideshow of images here: http://bit.ly/1esQdXt We're looking for snow photo submissions from today's storm. Send us your photos/videos and we may publish them online or in the print edition. You can upload them here: http://bit.ly/1aYnVWT or you can hashtag photos, videos and comments #augsnow on Facebook and Twitter. Everybody cross your fingers and be careful out there! - Sean

ALVIN MASON, please withdraw from the mayoral race. You have done nothing on the Augusta Commission; what makes you think you can run the city of Augusta?

THE ALLENS HAVE always been opportunists in Columbia County. When the population was Democrats, they ran as Democrats and were elected as Democrats. When the demographics changed, all of the sudden they were Republicans. Mrs. Allen knew the difference between right and wrong, and you don’t take advantage of people just because you can.

I WENT TO THE Border Bowl football game, and I couldn’t believe the horrible blaring music. It drove me out of the stadium. I will never go back.

I SPENT ABOUT seven hours at Trinity Hospital’s Day Surgery Center and in radiation. The staff was dedicated, professional and caring. They made me feel comfortable which helped me deal with my health issue. Keep it up.

A HUGE RANT TO the media who are already putting out polls projecting frontrunners in the 2016 elections. It’s 2014; we have elections this year. Not presidential, but guess what, no one has even announced they are running for president yet. These constant poll results, I feel, are there to “fix” the election candidates to the media’s choices. A lot of people think casting their vote for anyone other than the front-runner is a waste. This makes running for office by anyone else an uphill battle for competitors. Any poll results for president in 2016 need to be ignored by everyone at this time.

FOR THOSE complaining about the lights being red on certain streets in downtown. Those lights on those streets are timed. If you would bother to drive the speed limit or slightly under rather than whatever speed you think is OK, you would find you can drive through the entire downtown area without ever hitting a single red light on major streets. I found out about this over 30 years ago. I very seldom ever hit those lights you are complaining about.

ONLY IN AMERICA can a traffic jam cause more political harm to a presidential candidate than the lack of accountability displayed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over the attack on an American Embassy and the killing of an American ambassador.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/27/14 - 08:40 pm
Just wanted to share this news with everyone

In Lawrenceville, up in Gwinnett Co they have a 2nd Chance High School. It is a cookie cutter concept that is being used all over the state.

TO THE POINT
Today a Gang estimated at 30+ in size, chased 3 teens from the 2nd chance High School called Phoenix High up West Pike St. The 3 were chased into the parking lot where my Daughters Fiancee owns and runs a Computer repair shop.

My future son-in-law ran out side to stop the crowd, that was kicking and punching the 3 fleeing teens, trying to clear the area in front of his store and escort them to safety.

What appeared to be the head Thug, just looked at him and smiled pulled out a pistol and killed 1 of the 3 in front of him and walked away.

My future Son-in-law had left his pistol in the store.
He will not be making that mistake again. As I understand from a GCPD friend; he, his staff and his store are now under guard.

NOTE:
A while back I asked why was the RCBOE school was located only DOWNTOWN. After today I am happy it is only Downtown.

RCBOE can keep it the problems that go with it ONLY Downtown.

SBI4
any additional info you can squeeze out please share, because due to weather I cannot.

harley_52
harley_52 01/27/14 - 08:37 pm
@nocnoc

A couple of comments...

-sorry to hear about all that. Your future son-in-law is a brave and lucky man.

-I'm not sure what you're saying about the RCBOE

-I don't think there should be any such thing as a "2nd Chance High School." Thugs and malcontents who can't make it through normal schools should be thrown out on their ear.

-Does this stuff really happen in places other than ARC?

Thug passion
Thug passion 01/27/14 - 10:36 pm
In Albany,NY, police caught

In Albany,NY, police caught planting crack in Black Biz before arresting owner. The police couldn't stand to see this black business owner doing well, so they planted crack cocaine in his business then arrested him! Had he not had cameras, he would still be in jail. Who can you trust?

harley_52
harley_52 01/27/14 - 10:48 pm
From What I Read...

....the crack was allegedly planted by an informant, not the police.

Any evidence the police were behind it, or just a theory?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/27/14 - 11:32 pm
Snow News

NocNoc, I'm watching the Fox Channel 5 News at 10:00 in Atlanta tonight. They are talking incessantly about the coming snow storm, and I have heard absolutely nothing about the terrible shooting you posted about. The priorities of the news media are atrocious.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/27/14 - 11:57 pm
Naked Prostitute

But Fox Channel 5 News at 10:00 did run a story late in the hour about prostitutes roaming the Ashview Heights neighborhood in Atlanta plying their wares. The weather was so nice today that one prostitute decided to approach prospects wearing only her birthday suit.

Still no report about the shooting NocNoc told us about.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/14 - 05:50 am
Mr Emperor, a short class in

Mr Emperor, a short class in Civics 101. Laws are made using the House of Representatives and the Senate. Not a pen and a phone.

Nocnoc, and people wonder why I got a CCW permit.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 06:04 am
The White House called me

The White House called me yesterday to give me a preview on the SOTU address. So here's the synopsis:

Blah, blah, blah blah blah.

Hot air, hot air, hot air.

We're doing great, we're doing great, we're doing great.

Vote for the next Democratic Presidential candidate.

Thank you, and God Bless America.

So now none of you need to watch it, I've already told you what's going to be said.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/14 - 06:07 am
2 days in a row I have agreed

2 days in a row I have agreed with Corgi... I guess I really should go get bread, milk, and eggs.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 06:12 am
nocnoc, your daughter's

nocnoc, your daughter's fiancée, while doing an admirable thing, also did a very foolish thing that could've gotten him shot, too.

And if he had brought his gun and shot someone, he could very likely go to jail himself, because he wasn't threatened while he was in the store.

Those people are very violent, vicious criminals, and your future son-in-law is lucky to be alive today.

He is now a key eyewitness in a murder investigation, with a murderer who killed somebody in cold blood, a 1st degree murder, and those criminals don't play.

I'll say a prayer for him and your daughter.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/28/14 - 06:34 am
Corgimom @ 5:12 am That is

Corgimom @ 5:12 am
That is funny. I'm skipping out and going to Bible study if the weather holds.

I have a scoop on the Republican response to the State of the Union address: BENGHAZI (first draft)
OBAMACARE (second draft)

iaaffg
iaaffg 01/28/14 - 06:38 am
hear hear for the last rant.

hear hear for the last rant. so abysmally true and it looks like it's only going to get worse. that woman is evil, pure and simple. i see her on the tv or in a mag or newspaper my skin literally crawls because of the evil-ness that i can see oozing out of her, much like the rest of her comrades in washington. but as any educated person can tell from listening to the liberal elite news media for the last ten years, there's one rule for democrats and another for the rest of us. they can lie, cheat, steal and ridicule whenever they want, but are quick to scream 'foul!' when anyone else not of their ilk does the same. their slogan is: 'deny, deny, deny, counter-accuse, deny'.

Adam Bomb
Adam Bomb 01/28/14 - 07:38 am
Aaron's Rentals fools the Post Office

This past weekend, Aaron's rentals paid somebody to put flyers inside people's mailboxes - with no postage on them. Here we are, paying another stamp increase, caused in part by incidents like this. People, the Post Office has to pay it's bills just like we do. Hopefully sending the flyer, photos and a report to the Postal Inspectors will help them recover lost revenue from people like this. Ain't no free lunch. Pay your postage.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/14 - 08:34 am
nocnoc

You had more info than I had...I will check today & post if any comes up.....we are not immune to the crazy life of the world today...we have gangs too.
Actually that 2nd chance school has been great for some students....& this is the first time something this bad has happened.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 08:36 am
C-mon - comments

While I understand your point of view and appreciate the concern and warning.

Our Family's foundation is a shared belief that when Individuals fail to act, Communities fail as well.

Up to the point of the Thug pulling the gun there was no indication of a firearm being involved.

BTW:
Regarding the "Not threaten in the store property comment."

All Humans have a MORAL obligation to respond to those in need or require help. Which is what he was doing. So the not threaten comment is not applicable.

In GA a concerned citizen can draw and discharge, and kill or wound a person about to, or in the process of inflicting, what a reasonable person would consider deathly force on themselves or to protect others from such harm.

'In 2006, the Georgia legislature with Senate Bill 396 which enacted the “GA Stand Your Ground” law. O.C.G.A. sections 16-3-2 and 51-11-1 that provides a person with the right to meet force with force, including deadly force, in defense of one’s self, others, one’s home or other property. The GA Laws provides immunity from both prosecution and civil tort actions. '

Yes he might have been arrested, but more than likely released within hours once the facts were verified.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 08:54 am
LL - Ashview Heights neighborhood parade

When I was doing Security Consulting, to break up the Monthly meeting monotony, we had a team contest to see who had weirdest surveillance photo, documented security incident or etc. of the month.

One of the Physical Security Consultants snapped a picture 300+ pounds overstuffed into a swim suit thong bottom and X-Small halter walking the Fulton Industrial Blvd, Airport area.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 08:59 am
nocnoc, I understand all

nocnoc, I understand all that, but this is how people end up in prison. Courts are so odd today, what seems so simple can become very complicated, especially if he had missed and shot somebody else. And he could've very easily been shot himself.

Moral principals don't do much good when you're 6 feet under, by your own account it was 30 to 1. That's not good odds.

As I said, I'll say a prayer for him, this is how good people do things with the best of intentions and then wind up in a terrible mess.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 09:01 am
C-mom - I'd rather have, Honor, Morals and protect life

and be buried 6ft under.
Than to meet my maker and explain why I failed any of the above.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/14 - 09:09 am
Are we all just supposed to

Are we all just supposed to let the thugs run over us all? I refer to an Aaron Tippen song...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/14 - 09:13 am
I certainly hope so...

OBAMACARE (second draft)

2 important issues---too dang bad we didn't READ it before we voted yes....now we know what's IN it!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/14 - 09:15 am
Back to the Emperor... how

Back to the Emperor... how the heck can he decide to raise pay for government workers without approval of Congress. The man has become a dictator. Hate to say it, but I told you so.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/28/14 - 09:41 am
Oh! is tonight Fairy Tail Story Night

The only story I believe is the one I see around me.

An it ain't looking great,
Economically it is too slowly improving.
Unemployment still has a long ways to go.
The US Budget is out of control.
We import too much and don't put Americans to work.
We are talking blanket Amnesty for Illegals, which did not work the 1st time.
We have China overtaking us.
Our Red Tape, social meddling Education system is failing to educate.
A whole generation is becoming Feral.
Morals are in the tank.
and We have a Constitutional crisis unfolding.

I wonder how many of these will be covered in the State of the Union or the RINO Response?

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 10:59 am
Roadkill, he's raising

Roadkill, he's raising minimum wage for Federal contract workers up to $10.10 per hour.

He's using executive order power, which the last several Presidents have used too.

This is for the people that do janitorial work, food servers, etc. The bottom-of-the-heap people.

But you can't have it all ways, you know?

This blog has been flaming the last few days about welfare recipients. Well, if you make $7.25 per hour, you qualify for welfare.

All of the people on here that want welfare recipients to get a job- well, a lot of them have jobs, but they still qualify.

Pay it in wages, pay it in welfare. All it is, is a shift from one agency to another.

But the difference is that if you pay it in wages, then they pay into Social Security and Medicare, whereas if you pay it in welfare, it's just money down the drain. And this will get some people off the welfare rolls.

All things considered, what's best?

It'll help Social Security and Medicare, so I guess overall it's a positive thing.

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 11:00 am
Nocnoc, morals aren't any

Nocnoc, morals aren't any different than they ever were.

Just now, people aren't sneaky about it, they don't hide it.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/28/14 - 11:05 am
Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/28/14 - 11:09 am
Today's photo

I posted one of our photos from the BIG snow of 1973 today. We're looking for snow photo submissions from today's storm. I'll probably post one of those tomorrow. Send us your photos/videos and we may publish them online or in the print edition. You can upload them here: http://bit.ly/1aYnVWT or you can hashtag photos, videos and comments #augsnow on Facebook and Twitter. - Sean

corgimom
corgimom 01/28/14 - 11:47 am
Seenit, Don Williams is

Seenit, Don Williams is coming to Charlotte. I thought of you.

"Livin' on Tulsa time, livin' on Tulsa time"

Nobody sings it like he does, as much as I like Eric Clapton his version STANK.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/14 - 12:03 pm
I Believe in You

My fav song by Don Williams...I saw him in North Ga in Hiawassee...he was fantastic too....I saw ole G Jones a few years back too...he had lost some of his voice but so what, he still had the charm...they just don't make good country like that in todays world...I don't waste my time on award programs anymore....ain't nothing like the country music of 50s--60s--70s--80s...I miss it!

gotta get busy here...big ajc to read.