Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

REPUBLICANS, DON’T vote for Deal! Save MCG in Augusta. Vote for anyone else in the Republican primary, and if he wins the primary, vote for a Democrat in the general election. This is the only chance Augusta has to keep the medical college.

I DON’T LIKE RICK McKee’s cartoon about Christie. He is a real man.

I KNOW A YOUNG lady with six children who gets $1,200 on food stamps. Three of them don’t live there and she sells her food stamps. $1,200? Do you know how much food you can buy with $1,200?

I WOULD LIKE TO thank the nurse at Doctors Hospital who paid for mine and my sister’s breakfast. May God bless her. I really did appreciate it.

TO THE THUGS AND outlaws from Richmond County who are coming to Columbia County and shooting up our people, stay in Richmond County. We only have decent black and white people in Columbia County.

RANT AGAINST ABUSE of power. The New Jersey bridge occurrence brings to light the abuse of power on the local, state and federal level. God help the little people who have to tolerate this abuse.

THANK GOD FOR our military. They didn’t let anything happen to Charleston. Unlike our Democrats and Republicans who are asleep.

PEOPLE ARE complaining about not enough Medicaid. Why didn’t they go to work when they were young like I did? Instead they stayed home and had babies. Medicaid should be cut out except for the elderly and the severely handicapped. When is the government going to wake up and make these people go to work?

harley_52
harley_52 01/25/14 - 06:43 pm
Rant #5.....

....seems like a very familiar premise.

harley_52
harley_52 01/25/14 - 06:48 pm
Rant #6....

The REAL abuse of power is coming out of the White House. Traffic delays are far less problematic than dead Ambassadors, the waste of trillions of dollars, the destruction of the world's finest health care system, and the purposeful polarization of American citizens, to name just a few examples.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/25/14 - 08:27 pm
Welfare Fraud rant

Let me SHOW YOU how easy it is to report suspected Welfare Fraud.

FOR GA

HOW TO REPORT FRAUD, WASTE OR ABUSE
OIG Hotline: 1-877-423-4746
OIG Fax: 404-463-5496
OIG Email: inspectorgeneralhotline@dhr.state.ga.us
Via the Web: ONLINE FORM

U.S. Mail:
Two Peachtree St., NW, suite 30.450, Atlanta, GA 30303
Attention: DHS Inspector General
Use a printed copy of http://dhs.georgia.gov/dhs-oig-incident-form

IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
GA and too many states do not YET have a regulation on the books that requires all NEW births after entering the Welfare program, must have the name of the Sperm Donator/Contributor.

1st step
Making donors responsible is the 1st step.

2nd step
Maybe if the State adopted out, or placed all children over 2 in number to foster care, might break the multi-generational cycle of welfare? It would at the least eliminate any $$$ incentive for having more to get more.

An once off the Welfare Rolls they could permanently reclaim their children.

carcraft
carcraft 01/25/14 - 09:23 pm
People want more Medicaid?

People want more Medicaid? I hope they know about the "Estate Recovery Act ". Georgia can go after your estate to recover medicade costs if you use Medicaid! You'll be dead but your family may get a nasty shock!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/25/14 - 09:41 pm
Charleston?

What did I miss? What did the military save Charleston from?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/25/14 - 09:44 pm
Missed Another One I Guess

I guess I missed another one. There was some kind of shooting where people from Richmond County came to Columbia County and shot someone?

carcraft
carcraft 01/25/14 - 09:51 pm
Riverman, you didn't you hear

Riverman, you didn't you hear about the battle of Charleston last week?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/25/14 - 09:56 pm
Carcraft, we won?

Carcraft, we won?

carcraft
carcraft 01/25/14 - 10:20 pm
We won Enos thanks to the

We won Enos thanks to the Dems or Repubs!

Sophisticated
Sophisticated 01/25/14 - 10:35 pm
You got people who work don't

You got people who work don't got health insurance cause their employer hired them as a temp or part-time, so you can work and still get Medicaid if you meet the federal income guideline. If you work at Burger King, Out Back, Red Lobster you meet the income guideline and you can apply for Medicaid.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/25/14 - 10:55 pm
?

Uh, yeah, uh, I think I understand what you mean, Sophisticated.

thauch12
thauch12 01/26/14 - 12:14 am
#5, you're a little ignorant...

"We only have decent black and white people in Columbia County."
...and Asians and Hispanics among others?

Augz79
Augz79 01/26/14 - 12:48 am
Six kids, 1200/mo EBT for 18 yrs +Free breakfast/lunch at school

the govt should just give out free condoms, we'd save in the long run :-P

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 04:54 am
nocnoc, you're being played.

nocnoc, you're being played. Nobody gets food stamps anymore, it's impossible to sell them.

It's all on EBT cards now.

Don't believe everything you read about food stamps.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/26/14 - 05:40 am
Played

Corgi, last week a woman approached me at the meat counter in a chain store and offered to buy over $200.00 of meat for me for $100.00 in cash. She said she'd put it on her EBT card and meet me in the parking lot for the exchange. I didn't do it but someone did. As I was leaving I saw her making an exchange in the parking lot with someone. I believe almost all of what I read and hear about it.. That was not an isolated incident and yes they get reported but the Government employees do nothing about it...

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 06:58 am
That happens all the time,

That happens all the time, it's the "somebody wanted to sell me food stamps"- that's when you know it's fake.

Listen, when I lived in De Hood of Columbia, I could've bought all the steak I ever wanted.

Steak is the currency of choice.

People that get EBT need money to buy Pampers, toilet paper, hair care products, laundry detergent, etc- things that they need, but that EBT won't cover.

Yeah, some of it goes for liquor, but not nearly as much as people think it does.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/26/14 - 07:05 am
This Is A Good Paper

I remember Sunday mornings, before the Internet and all the news channels on TV, when I’d wait for my paper to be delivered and devour it for hours along with coffee, grits, cheese, eggs and bacon broken up in the grits. I read everything. The smallest fillers were contemplated as if they were meaningful messages intended for me. If a politician’s name ended up in print for the smallest thing in a beneficial way, he was a shoo in the next election. Local gossip type columnists were powerful.

My South Carolina hometown paper ran NY Times book reviews and I always read them. Once when I had to write a book report in high school, I tried to point out things as I’d seen in the book reviews and write mine like one of them. Mind you, I wasn’t plagiarizing, but only trying to write like the professional reviewers. My teacher, Miss Star, said I copied it and failed me. So for the next book report, I went back to “This was a good book.” This is a good paper.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/26/14 - 07:09 am
One Steak And I'll Mow Your Lawn

Corgimom said, "Steak is the currency of choice."

Heh, heh, heh. I like that. It says something about our economic situation and our socialized government programs.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/26/14 - 07:17 am
I didn't do it but someone did.

Are you sure you didn't take that coldbeer.....you sure have been grilling a lot of steaks lately..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/26/14 - 07:25 am
new posters on board

It is funny how a new poster can come on board & read a few posts & decide what/how/when you vote...if only it were that easy....one new poster thinks I only vote for democrats.......hahah

I wonder what they think about corgi?? :) (kidding corgi)

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 07:27 am
It's lightweight, easy to

It's lightweight, easy to carry, easy to store. It's highly sought after.

I don't know, what else would you have them buy and sell?

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 07:28 am
Oh, they think I'm a liberal

Oh, they think I'm a liberal Democrat, too. I just laugh. Let them think what they want, it's ok with me.

Nobody knows on here how I vote, I never say.

It's like I told the kindergarten kids- just because someone says you're something, doesn't mean that you are.

carcraft
carcraft 01/26/14 - 07:30 am
EBT cards from Georgia have

EBT cards from Georgia have been used in Vagas and Puorto Rico.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/26/14 - 07:30 am
stay in Richmond County

Once in awhile RM gets one published....hahahaha

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 07:31 am
Any health care provider,

Any health care provider, like a hospital, can go after your assets when you die, it doesn't matter if you use Medicaid or not.

Why do people think that it's only Medicaid?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/26/14 - 07:39 am
I had planned on oatmeal this am

BUT NOOOOO, Mr flourish with a pen had to put this on here...

along with coffee, grits, cheese, eggs and bacon broken up in the grits.

Now it will have to be grits with cheese/eggs.

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 07:40 am
noc noc, sorry, states no

noc noc, sorry, states no longer force sterilization on people, nor do they take children away from people because they are poor. That's what Bea Hamilton did, and we know that's wrong and illegal. It's no crime to be poor, I've been poor myself.

Your ideas, beside being unConstitutional, are impractical- just who would care for these children?

You probably also should know that Welfare does, indeed, ask parents who the non-custodial parent is.

But if they don't know, or don't know where they are at, or don't know their Social Security number, how would you expect them to be tracked down?

If the parent is incarcerated- which many of them are- how would you expect the parent to pay support?

Or if they are unemployed, or are young and unable to work?

So children are supposed to be taken away from a good parent because of the bad acts of the other parent?

So your idea that if a parent loses a job and go on welfare, they should lose their children?

Those are very interesting concepts. I don't know, how does that fit into Christian beliefs about helping the poor?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/26/14 - 07:45 am
Who Needs Bitcoins

We have steaks to trade with.

Ribeye $20 denominations
T-bones 10
Chuck 1

corgimom
corgimom 01/26/14 - 07:46 am
Now, I can't speak for in all

Now, I can't speak for in all states, but in California, after a welfare mother has 2 kids, they have to sign a paper stating that they know that they won't get any more money if they have more kids.

And they have more kids anyway.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/26/14 - 07:47 am
Speaking of Food

"Once in awhile RM gets one published....hahahaha"

Don't be feeding a certain person's paranoia.

Local merchants welcome Small Business Saturday

With having to compete with e-commerce and national retailers during the holiday season, local merchants welcome the spotlight that comes with Small Business Saturday.