Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

This photo of our Jack Russell Terrier Little Budha was taken by my wife during his favorite pastime: watching for any sign of movement outside so he can protect the house. He is just like you would expect a Jack Russell to be, only more so: lots of energy; lots of fun. If you want me to post one of your photos here, send me an email. Have a good day everybody. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com - Sean  Danielle Wong Moores
Danielle Wong Moores

YET ANOTHER lie, to leave out Augusta from the August plans on signs on Georgia Regents University Augusta campuses. I’m only thankful that stunt was not pulled before now, but it wounds many of us just the same. How many more lies yet to come?

I WISH SOME of your really ignorant ranters would go back to Washington, D.C.

THIS IS A RANT for the Columbia County Commission and Gov. Nathan Deal to allow Kay Allen and her commissioner husband to remain in office. How do they expect to get a fair and untarnished investigation when the fox has access to and the keys to the henhouse?

WHAT ABOUT investigating what the new names of Georgia Personnel and CSRA Classic Charity are going by now? And how is that charity doing? Are any real scholarships being given by it at all?

THAT WAS QUICK, a federal investigation of Chris Christie already. If only the same response was given to the Benghazi attack, the IRS scandal, etc., they would all have been resolved by now. Has this something to do with Chris Christie vs. Hillary Clinton in 2016?

I AM GLAD that someone is seriously addressing the motorist vs. bicyclist issues that have been floating around for years. Wheel Movement CSRA is to be commended in taking the lead for educating cyclists and motorists on Georgia’s bicycle laws. I hope their efforts will cause the elimination of bicyclist deaths. We all need to be able to live while using the roads.

SENIORS WITH PETS need to be aware that there is an organization called Pioneers for Animal Welfare Society that can assist them in caring for their pets particularly, when they are in declining health or have limited finances. It is gratifying to see that there are organizations willing to help our seniors.

CONCERNING THE useless war Bush started: I said that after we lost billions and lost thousands of brave lives we would eventually leave and things would revert to the way they always are. Great job, George! I bet the GOP doesn’t like to talk about such things.

countyman
countyman 01/21/14 - 08:50 pm
Richmond County is world class, transcendent, and outstanding!!

The Village at Riverwatch continues to attract multiple national developers and the new hotel is the latest proposal..

The demographics of North Richmond continue to bless the CSRA!!!

Village at Riverwatch(outlet mall, hotel, Costco, movie theater featuring the full service restaurant, and Cabelas)= Southeast destination

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/21/14 - 10:59 pm
And yet we are still waiting

And yet we are still waiting for a phantom Five Guys on the Southside.

countyman
countyman 01/22/14 - 01:34 am
South Augusta

The Dairy Queen on Peach Orchard recently under went renovations and watch additional businesses nearby upgrade . The Five Guys will open sooner or later in South Augusta and the restaurant is approved. The area is growing and Chick Fil A, Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, Hibbett Sports, Firehouse Subs, Walgreens, etc are following the growth.

The Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring/I-520 corridor will rapidly change in 2014!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/22/14 - 08:04 am
In 2014

Just like 2013 and 2012 and 2011 and 2010 and 2009....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/22/14 - 08:40 am
What we really need is a

What we really need is a plant making engines for Chrysler in the CSRA, oops, Mexico got that. How about Whirlpool Corp, oops again, Mexico got that too. OK lets try sorta high tech, a plant burning CD's and DVD's for the American market, dang it, Mexico got that one too. Maybe we can get a plant making the new CFL bulbs that we are now REQUIRED by the government to buy? Well at least it didn't go to Mexico, China got that. AHA, green energy!!! We can reopen the factory in Louisiana to build wind turbines....nope... that went to a foreign country too.

Anybody but me see a trend here? Forget paying somebody $15.00 per hour to ask "Would you like fries with that?" Get the government out of the business of business and make it profitable for companies to build plants here in the U.S. of A.

That is all.............. for now.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 08:40 am
You betcha!!

Has this something to do with Chris Christie vs. Hillary Clinton in 2016?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 08:42 am
Amen to that Rdkill

We would have to flip Washington DC upside down..but, hey, let's do it!!

Buy local as much as possible ..please..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 08:48 am
huh huh

The demographics of North Richmond continue to bless the CSRA!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/22/14 - 09:00 am
I just couldn't resist. Pay

I just couldn't resist. Pay close attention to the first couple of lines

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/22/14 - 09:10 am
News, News, News!!!

Wowza---THAT'S something. The Dairy Queen in South Augusta is being renovated!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 09:19 am
The Dairy Queen in South Augusta

Evidently Mr Riverman doesn't know what a good renovation job can do for a place...

I can see folks coming from miles away to check this job....nothing to sneeze at yaknow...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/22/14 - 09:37 am
Turn Your Radio On

It's hilarious some times. So I hear this guy call into a local radio station speaking about a situation that he says could become “inflammable.” The radio guy corrects him and says you mean the situation is “flammable.” I swear he does this at least 3 times. He says if it were inflammable, it would mean it wouldn’t ignite. Heh, heh, heh.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/22/14 - 09:50 am
Good Morning "Progress" America

I feel so much better this AM when I saw a house being built 2 miles from me on the road to Appling yesterday. North Richmond, you have nothing on the progressive scale as I see economic recovery around me daily.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 09:51 am
One email away from disaster

That is what Trump says about Christie....I wonder too, how long can the big boy walk this tight rope...hard to balance when shots are coming from all sides now...amazing how dirty they play, both sides.

corgimom
corgimom 01/22/14 - 10:05 am
"Just how wide is this

"Just how wide is this area....5ft by 10ft...I wish he would point this area on a map....& we all can know where it is."

HAHAHA, I nominate this post by Seenit as the best one of 2014!

corgimom
corgimom 01/22/14 - 10:07 am
Oh CG, you're killing me

Oh CG, you're killing me here, between you and Seenit, I'm gonna need a Depends!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 10:12 am
Just when I thought about moving

I read this ..

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/22/14 - 10:13 am
Was OBL a Hoax?

Funny you should say that.
A lot of people still remember the NEWS Stories that OBL had Kidney Problems and required Dialysis regulary, so all such Mid-East systems were being monitored and records being checked.

Then there was a brief News story back in Jan 2002 he had died of Kidney problems.

Back Dec 2001
My Security Team was having a After Action meeting, which broke up into a BS sessio. The topic came up of the numerous Parallels between the War on Terrorism and the underlying theme of the Oceananic war in 1984.

SEMI-QUOTING"... superstate Oceania in a world of perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance, and public media control, dictated by a political system euphemistically named ....".

The Terrorist Leader is made to be a perfect example of a Enemy by Big Brother, the quasi-divine Party leader who enjoys an intense cult of personality, but who may not even exist.

Big Brother and the Party justify their oppressive rule in the name of a supposed greater good."

Here is a URL copy of those (NOT ME) that think the OBL death was extended for Profit.

Besides in this digital / CGI age what is real anymore?

" Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me..."

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/22/14 - 10:14 am
Inflammable

Yeah, RM, I heard that, too. It was a little embarrassing. Maybe the guy needs to look up the word "inflammable," and he would see that it is a synonym of "flammable."

harley_52
22064
harley_52 01/22/14 - 10:17 am
"Get the government out of the business of business....

....and make it profitable for companies to build plants here in the U.S. of A."

Right on, RK.

corgimom
corgimom 01/22/14 - 10:32 am
"EVER SINCE OSAMA bin Laden

"EVER SINCE OSAMA bin Laden eluded our troops in 2001 at Tora Bora, I’ve not seen him in a single new video or photograph. All we have is that old video of a shepherd with a stick walking among rocks. We aren’t allowed to see a picture of his body? Is the rumor that he lived past 2001 a hoax?"

I'm thinking you won't ever see him in a new photograph or video, because he's dead.

Gee whiz, what some people believe.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/22/14 - 10:39 am
Turn Your Radio On

LL, the radio guy was mad at the caller and was trying to find a way to slam him. He needs a dictionary and maybe to start reading labels on containers of inflammable liquids. That show is hilarious at times in unintended ways. I e-mailed the radio guy and corrected him, but of course he didn't mention it.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/22/14 - 10:39 am
New photo

Hey gang, I just posted our photo of the day. This one is from me. It's my dog Little Budha. He's not nearly as serene as he appears in the photo. Send me photos if you want to keep this going. You can also contact me for any questions or concerns you may have. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com

raul
raul 01/22/14 - 10:43 am
I know the 5 Guys issue in S.

I know the 5 Guys issue in S. Augusta is seen as a symbol. But in reality you aren't missing anything not having a 5 Guys. They aren't that great, IMO, and overpriced. For great burgers, I like the Sports Center on Broad St. and Gary's hamburgers. Farmhaus is very good too, but be prepared to pay big bucks. Any other suggestions for great burgers in Augusta/N.Augusta?

myfather15
myfather15 01/22/14 - 10:50 am
Roadkill

Don't forget, we also can't drill for oil in the gulf coast, but Petrobraz, a Brazillian Oil Company, which George Soros has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in, CAN!!! Not only that, but we are PAYING them to do so!!

George Soros, the man who said the United States in the most evil Country in the world and is the only thing standing in the way of the new or one world order!! Yet, we are giving HIM money, to drill oil off OUR coasts!! How absurd is that?

harley_52
22064
harley_52 01/22/14 - 11:10 am
Raul

Have you tried the St. Louis Burger place on Furys Ferry Road? How about the Side Track on Washington Road? Or, the newest great place, the Whiskey Bar on Broad Street, downtown Detroit.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 11:12 am
I love the pic sean

He doesn't look serene...lots of energy & not afraid to use it!!

Sweet sweet dog.....reminds me of the one I had in childhood...I had so much fun with that dog.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 01/22/14 - 11:13 am
Whoops....

...sorry, I meant downtown Augusta. :)

countyman
countyman 01/22/14 - 11:17 am
Hilarious!!!!

Riverman and Seenitb4... The sarcastic remarks don't bother me and I just laugh at them.

Can you two please name the businesses under renovation in Columbia County? The same two people always feel the need to bash Richmond County and praise Columbia County.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/14 - 11:28 am
ctyman-you make me laugh some too...:)

Loosen up some.....actually I thought we were kinda easy on you today...

Augusta has a lot of great qualities & I see that all the time...one thing that I wonder about is this....Augusta business ceos realize that the I-20 corridor is the place to build....why is it the leaders in downtown don't see that...if you build a huge civic center why not think about I-20 area...

Gwinnett has built up on I-85...civic center--malls--business quarters & nice sub div....people flock to this area for that reason...anyway, your population is moving westward & that is just necessary with the increase in population......soon Appling will be crowded & cgee won't like it one little bit...shifts in population will happen everywhere...nothing evil in it either. imho