Rants & Raves

SO BILL FENNOY does not think that someone’s personal business, which sold ads to companies Charles Walker dealt with politically, was wrong at all? Fennoy thinks it’s also OK for Walker to have overcharged companies like McDonald’s and Big Lots when he only published about 3,000 papers/week average? It was OK to have stolen monies from the CSRA Classic charity? And let rich kids gain scholarships over real poor children?

BRING CRACK TO school and you should be called to the principal’s office, but not sent to jail? This coming from our “president” and attorney general! God help us all.

I DIDN’T WATCH Duck Dynasty very much, but now that I see the show actually focuses on family, faith and teaching kids about the important things in life, I am now a huge fan! Phil Robertson for president! Can’t wait to get some T-shirts made!

OH GREAT, SO NOW people pick fights over what is posted instantaneously over Facebook. I say get out of all social media and get back to using postcards and letters. People will then have a “cooling off” period and maybe pull back from nasty comments they would be embarrassed to have their parents read about. Or law enforcement.

IS IT MY IMAGINATION, or are there more people with mental issues than normal? I have complete strangers who think it’s OK to ask specific, personal questions and tell me I am rude for not trusting them with data for fear they will commit an identity theft or fraud. That’s my way of telling you I won’t tell you personal data for criminal use. Don’t ask.

I DID NOT REALIZE that you could buy “likes” for your posted items on Facebook and other social media. What I was shocked about this practice is that our government is also buying “likes.” In 2013, the State Department, which had 400,000 “likes,” spent $630,000 to boost their numbers. In one case, its fan tally rose from 10,000 to 2.5 million! Shame on you for spending our tax dollars like this.

PASTOR JIM GOODROE of Spartanburg says that we should start treating illegal immigrants as people. I totally agree. The first thing is that when people break our laws they need to pay the consequences. It’s pretty obvious that we need to go after those that break the law. Amen!

harley_52
harley_52 01/18/14 - 08:28 pm
"Shame on you for spending our tax dollars like this."

Great comment.

I think it's amazing how little outrage there is to the way governments spend tax dollars. For many people, it seems once they pay the taxes they lose interest how it's spent/wasted, even to the extent they don't mind when tax dollars are given to people who hate us and would destroy us all if they could.

iaaffg
1931
iaaffg 01/19/14 - 06:28 am
real life trumps synth

people who live their lives on facebook are either narcissistic buttwads or clueless losers. i can't think of a more boring, insipid, or sad thing to be attached or addicted to than a social internet page. here's another bunch that need to wake up, look around them, and get a true life instead of the synthetic one in which they apparently believe.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/19/14 - 08:06 am
iaaffg

You do realize that posting on here is the same thing you are railing against, don't you? Ever hear the one about the pot and the kettle?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 08:36 am
Duck Dynasty fan

So you are joining the party now huh....I still love the program but don't want Phil as the president....no worry, cause I doubt the man wants that job anyway....come to think of it, who would..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 08:38 am
buy “likes” for your posted items on Facebook

Well now, that explains coldbeer & his MANY likes..!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/19/14 - 08:40 am
Phil for President.... at

Phil for President.... at least then I could keep my guns, can't hunt without 'em

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 08:57 am
A wise man

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells a woman she is EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL when her lips are closed!

thanks you-know-who for this...:)

raul
raul 01/19/14 - 09:49 am
Phil would be taking a cut in

Phil would be taking a cut in pay if he was President.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/19/14 - 09:56 am
How to stop a woman from talking?

It only takes a kiss!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/19/14 - 10:05 am
A long kiss........

A long kiss........

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/14 - 10:06 am
Buying Facebook Likes

Buying Facebook likes is kind of like the story of my life. I had to pay the girl to go to the prom with me. It is so bad I put up phony photos in my house to make it appear I have a lot of family and friends. I pay Austin to rant at me on the radio. But Facebook won't even let me on there. They told me I have so few friends it's a waste of their bandwidth.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 10:10 am
It is that puppy breath

. I had to pay the girl to go to the prom with me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/14 - 10:22 am
Thumbs down on THAT one. Heh.

Thumbs down on THAT one. Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 10:25 am
Thumbs down don't matter to me

That is coming from the groupies on here....they LOVE the guys such as YOU--coldbeer--roadkill.....little do they know the whole story......lol

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/19/14 - 10:41 am
Women

Get them to stop talking? Just agree with them and move on......

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/19/14 - 10:51 am
Buying Likes

Heck my Great Grand parents even knew you can't buy friends for long.

scooter2762
scooter2762 01/19/14 - 11:24 am
According to FB

Can I buy likes for my Facebook Page?
No. Certain websites promise to provide large numbers of likes for your Page if you sign up and give them money. These websites typically use deceptive practices or are scams. People who like your Page this way will be less valuable to your Page because they won't necessarily have a genuine interest in what your Page is about. If Facebook's spam systems detect that your Page is connected to this type of activity, we'll place limits on your Page to prevent further violations of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/19/14 - 11:46 am
For Harley from yesterday's thread

Yet, as seen in the accompanying table, there are major gulfs between the attitudes of black Democrats and the attitudes of nonblack Democrats on a number of moral issues, and in most instances, blacks come much closer to the positions of Republicans than to those of Democrats.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/19/14 - 11:48 am
IAD

True, but they vote with their wallet and not their convictions.

Boston93
Boston93 01/19/14 - 12:00 pm
"Shame on you for spending our tax dollars like this."

harley_52
"Shame on you for spending our tax dollars like this."

So right here. But keep in mind that many are upset with the situation, but talking to others and Congress has no affect on it. They don't listen to the ones that don't like it and you might as well be talking to the wall. Where can we get someone to talk to that may consider bucking the politicians? Writing letters, emails, faxing, phone calls are most all ignored and you still don't get any respect (rather a lot of criticism). We must try though even though we believe they won't listen or reply.

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 12:02 pm
"True, but they vote with their wallet...

... and not their convictions."

Well, I'm not so sure that's true either.

In fact, I think they DO vote their convictions. And yes, I've already agreed they do demonstrate Conservatism on certain social issues, most notably their views on homosexuals. But that DOES NOT make them "Conservatives."

Let me repeat what I said yesterday....the central issue on one is a "Conservative," or a liberal, is usually judged by one's views on the role of government in the lives of citizens and for meeting the needs of citizens. Conservatives favor less control and influence by "big government," liberals favor more control and more government programs to fill the needs of the citizenry.

I think it's very difficult to make the case that most blacks are "Conservative" and not "liberal," ESPECIALLY when the group of blacks you're talking about are single mothers with violent, anti-social children. That's the claim IAD made yesterday and the one with which I took issue.

Wasn't it about 95%+ of blacks that voted for Obama? I don't remember the exact percentage, but given that number it seems pretty hard to make the case those are all (or even mostly) "Conservatives."

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 12:05 pm
Actually....

Voting your convictions and voting your wallet can be the same thing. I think that's the case here. If you're convinced your wallet is (and should be) enhanced by electing liberal candidates (aka big government) then are you a "conservative" or a "liberal" if you happen to oppose homosexual "marriage?"

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 12:26 pm
"We must try though even though...

....we believe they won't listen or reply."

I understand the frustration.

It's important to keep those calls and letters coming because they only stay in office if their constituents are happy with them and they VOTE.

Voting is the key. Make it clear to them that you WILL vote against them and that you'll do everything in your power to insure all your family, friends, and acquaintances also vote against them.

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 01:11 pm
Are The "Thumbs" In Here...

...really any different than the "likes" in FaceBook, or the various Twitter status symbols (followers, retweets, favorites, etc.)?

Well, I guess one difference is that you can't "like" or "retweet" your own comments in those other communities.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 01:13 pm
nun gives birth & didn't know she was preggie

Well now....this happens to the best of us...she will keep the baby she said......humans being human...♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 01:20 pm
race & school punishment

There is an interesting article in the AJC today....it says that blacks & hispanics are punished more than whites ....expelled & etc...it seems their reasoning is color......not true in my book but try to read this article....why is it that NO ONE wants to blame the 1 parent home---the neighborhood bullies--crime--etc....Gwinnett suspended just over 3 times as many black students as white students last year, the lowest figure in the metro area..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/14 - 01:28 pm
Pregnant & not know it

I just don't see how that happens....I don't doubt these folks, it just wouldn't be possible in my body.....that big bump was very obvious at all times.....& sometimes it moved!!!

have to cook for the main man here...bye bye

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 01:38 pm
"...it seems their reasoning is color..."

Of course it is. That's the liberal philosophy, isn't it? Everybody who gets into trouble, or goes astray of society is a "victim," mainly a "victim" of white society.

They never want to discuss BEHAVIOR which is, I'm sure, the real reason for the expulsions and other disciplinary measures.

One major issue is this notion that a high school education is an entitlement for every student, regardless their behavior. An education should be an earned privilege which is earned through good behavior and at least a modicum of hard work.

harley_52
harley_52 01/19/14 - 02:18 pm
Government Run Health Care

It's where we're headed. Liberals want to highlight Canada as the model we should strive to achieve here in the USA.

Maybe not...

"In 2013, nearly 42,000 Canucks left their homeland to avoid long wait times and inferior care that plagues their centralized health system.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/16/report-tens-of-thousands-fled-socializ...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/19/14 - 02:45 pm
No one is claiming they are conservatives

The claim was and is that on social issues, they are more conservative than liberal. The polls bear that out, regardless of how they vote in elections. The criminal and antisocial behavior is born of ignorance/ lack of education rather than a political bent. How they vote is not relative to my point.