Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THESE SO-CALLED lawn services that charge a fortune to just come by and “blow and go” need to be held accountable for simply blowing yard debris from a yard or business into the streets, where your yard waste becomes your neighbors’ or the taxpayers’ problem. They either need to remove the debris that they are paid to clean up or they need to be ticketed for litter.

WHY IS IT THAT when anything in the Obama administration goes wrong, conservatives say that he should shoulder the blame, but now that Chris Christie is throwing his aides under the bus, all is mum? Be fair.

I SAW YOU AND your friends in line for financial assistance with your power bill. You had a very expensive hairdo, freshly painted fingernails, and you were wearing designer clothes. Not to mention your brand-new M.K. designer handbag. You are what is wrong with America. Abusing welfare, expecting hardworking people to finance your life.

SINCE I AM nobody, maybe you will print this rant. There is a serious flaw in the fabric of our society when a good man like Phil Robertson is blasted for expressing his opinion on homosexuality and the Bible. And yet the Kardashians are put on a pedestal for being totally void of any morals. Being politically correct is wrong.

RANT FOR LOWELL Green­baum. This nation was not founded on nonproductive welfare people. It was founded with self-reliant, hardworking and productive people. Giving welfare to thousands of people takes them out of the taxpaying workforce forever. This country is $17 trillion in debt now. Increasing that debt is insanity. As you know, the government will help for only three years, and then it is the state’s responsibility to keep it up. Why do you want to bankrupt Georgia?

CORGIMOM, MUCH light and love for you as you go through the difficult time of having the “suspicious spot” checked on. Don’t lose heart. I’ve had suspicious lumps for years now and so far, every single one has turned out benign. I also had pre-pre-cancerous cells elsewhere that were successfully flushed out. So cancer free! I wish the same for you in good results.

I WANT TO GIVE a rave to a young lady named Rose at the McDonald’s on Walton Way. She is a sweetie, and she is always being nice to people.

MARION WILLIAMS needs to take an English class because his language is atrocious.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/14 - 09:44 pm
Atrocious

Yeah, his language (grammar) is atrocious, but he does sell newspapers.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/14 - 09:59 pm
Fair?

Ranter #2 does not get it.

When members of the Obama administration do wrong, it is the conservatives who say Obama should be held accountable.

When members of the Christie administration do wrong, it is up to liberals to squawk about it. And, man oh man, are they squawking!

Darby
Darby 01/17/14 - 11:25 pm
"WHY IS IT THAT when anything in the

Obama administration goes wrong, conservatives say that he should shoulder the blame, but now that Chris Christie is throwing his aides under the bus, all is mum? Be fair."

First a question? What, if anything in the OzBama administration has gone RIGHT?

Second, Barry has NEVER admitted that he or his slavish minions have ever done anything wrong.

Not one soul has ever accepted responsibility for any malfeasance and none have been fired.

Christie has fired those responsible for HIS administration's one scandal and can be counted on firing any others who are found to be culpable.

Listen to me, I'm defending Christie and I don't like him. Not even a little bit.

myfather15
myfather15 01/18/14 - 02:56 am
#2

Why is it when professional sports teams fails miserably, the coach get's the axe? Why is it when a business fails, those at the top, get the axe? Why is it, in industry when the product being made isn't quality, the supervisor's get the axe? Why is it at a McDonald's if the crew is rude and disrespectful, the manager gets the axe?

In every profession, EXCEPT elected politicians, when they aren't PREFORMING up to certain standards, the people closer to the top, get the brunt of the punishment!!

Because it's just common sense!! The people in charge are supposed to be accountable!! Accountable for discipline, motivation, responsibilty and preformance. If you're the manager of McDonald's and you allow your crew to be rude and disrespectful to customers, and this results in complaints and fewer customers, you're in trouble!!! The owner is going to FIRE YOU and replace you with someone who will get results!!

I use McDonald's for an example, because there is a local McDonalds who had this problem. Their crew had such nasty attitudes and were so unpleasant, people didn't want to go there. You could tell just by their attitudes, they didn't want to be there. The food was also terrible and orders were constantly wrong!! You would go through the drive-thru and start to leave and you wouldn't have the right order. The manager was fired and they brought in a great guy who brought accountability and discipline. I just went through this same McDonalds the other day and there was a completely diffferent crew. These people were so friendly, it was plain AWESOME!!

The LEADERS of any business, profession or job are supposed to hold their people accountable and instill discipline. They are ultimately responsible for the actions of ALL their employees!! Therefore their employees actions are a direct reflection of THEIR leadership!! No, they can't prevent every employee from doing something stupid, but they can certainly hold that employee responsible for their actions.

Christie APPEARS to have done this!! Unless evidence comes out that he had direct knowledge of this or had PART of this, then he has done the right thing; he FIRED those responsible for the scandal!! So he has held them accountable!! They lost jobs paying them a lot of money. IF Christie honestly didn't know about this, what more do you expect him to do? Kill them???

Now, can you name me who has been fired for Benghazi, IRS targeting, NSA spying, Failed ACA launch, Fast&Furious and any other scandals I can't think of because I'm tired?

It's called accountability!! The CEO is always accountable for those beneath him. He is the CEO of the United States and He should be held accountable!!

myfather15
myfather15 01/18/14 - 03:06 am
#4

Don't forget that people just can't have a Phil Robertson expressing his views and remain on a reality show; but we can still have reality shows like Amish Mafia, The Capones, WifeSwap, Jersey Shore, Kardashians, Real housewives (which are far from real). I'm probably not even thinking of the worst ones, because I don't watch ANY of them!!

It's perfectly Ok to have shows displaying extreme narcissistic behavior, with violence, leud behavior and just about anything else!! Everything is acceptable in this liberal world we live in!! Well, everything except God and Guns!!

OutrageousCitizen
OutrageousCitizen 01/18/14 - 03:54 am
Darby...

Darby...

During the Reagan years do you remember the 21% interest rate? Do you remember that he didn't fund State mental hospitals with subsidies to keep them open to treat homeless mentally ill people? When he diverted that money to his rich friends, the mentally ill were kicked to the curb and the the term "homeless" became a household term in the greatest nation on earth.

Do you remember... Reagan set us up... Father Bush made the first pitch with his partial war in Iraqi... and the drunk son started a 2-front war that created thousand of deaths for the young sons and daughters of older Americans; he created cripples with legs missing and traumatic Brain Injuries and a hidden cost of $300 Billion that wasn't put on the books and hasn't been accounted for to this very day.

Even Secretary of Defense, Gates criticized Bush: "Gates at times criticizes the Bush administration... He holds the Bush administration responsible for what he considered misguided policy that squandered the early victories in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to the Times. Yeah" blame Obama; that's the cheat, easy and coward way to act.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 05:50 am
Marion Williams' Language

Marion Williams speaks the language perfectly for his crew and the people who live in the hood around his crib.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 05:56 am
Reagan

Yep, Reagan inherited some pretty bad economic conditions from Jimmy Carter, but he turned things around dramatically and got rid of the evil empire, the Soviet Union, to boot. How's Obama doing? Not a serious question.

iaaffg
iaaffg 01/18/14 - 06:19 am
quack quack commander

phil robertson spoke of tenets set forth in the Bible; he didn't make them up; he didn't write the Bible, he merely paraphrased from the Bible, so those who are upset with him have surely misplaced their angst and vituperation. actually, those who are having heartburn over something a tv personality said in an interview need to get a grip and find a life other than being a slave/puppet/sheeple for the liberal elite.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 07:30 am
ooops

We need to be nice to corgi on here...she has admirers...

good am folks

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 07:32 am
M Williams

He knows exactly what he is doing & why...playing for the crowd kind of thing.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 07:32 am
Corgi is always one not

Corgi is always one not afraid to go against the grain.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 07:36 am
corgi is tuff!!

Yep RM....she really is a tuff bird on here.....she will take anyone on at anytime....even YOU!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 07:39 am
Nope, she likes me.

Nope, she likes me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 07:40 am
Shark Tank

I watched that last night ...that is one of the best programs on tv now...imho...

I really like the way they put some in their place & help some others....Mark Cuban told one guy to be quiet/shutup last night.....kinda reminds me of some on here...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 07:41 am
RM

You THINK all females "like" you & want you....we just don't burst that bubble..:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/18/14 - 07:42 am
Hershel

CMom has more personalities than you hehehe

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 07:48 am
Hey, if I want to believe all

Hey, if I want to believe all women love me, I can. It makes life more tolerable to have a few delusions. Lilly, Augusta is known for people with multiple personalities. Three Faces of Eve. Corgi will make an excellent book. Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 08:17 am
I understand

"It makes life more tolerable to have a few delusions."

Mine work for me too!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/18/14 - 08:31 am
Welp, only one Munchkin left.

Ruth Robinson Duccini, 95, passed away on Thursday morning from natural causes at the Solari Hospice Care Centre in Las Vegas.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 08:37 am
nocnoc
nocnoc 01/18/14 - 09:39 am
ORC - Cites misleading Interest rate fact.

Under President Jimmy Carter (77-81) federal interest rates
climbed from about 5% to 21% peaking in 1981 as he left office after 1 term. His Term also marks the 1st term of what would become the start of Liberal Politics on a growing National scale.

When President Reagan (81-89) took office the FRS interest rates were already at a 50 year peak and President Reagan took steps to reduce them using logical Business market economics. Which brought the Federal Interest Rates DOWN 14 points to about 7% .

BTW: he did that while BUILDING UP American, WINNING the Cold War and putting Americans BACK TO WORK.
However, I do have one issue with Reagan the 1983 spike in unemployment.

An Interesting Chart to look over.
If you want to better understand Unemployment in the USA.

This ones shows the US Labor Force Participation Rate which is the percentage of the US working-age population (age 16 and over) that is in the Labor Force. ... Hint: Those that can work but are not working.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/18/14 - 09:50 am
C-Mom - Happy B-day and best wishes

I may not say it often enough to those on the other side of the political / Ideology world. But I for one really enjoy the respectful Banter, it keeps me sharp.

Hang in there girl.

Remember
Life's a frienemy, it acts like its your friend, the whole time its an enemy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/18/14 - 10:11 am
I'm having withdrawal symptoms

I'm having withdrawal symptoms...no football today. I'm heading out to my farm in Aiken with some folks to take boards from the 150 old house. Cold, but sunny.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/18/14 - 10:22 am
Meet ya there

Never know when B4 and Running Bare will show up. CMom - wear your long johns hehehe

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 10:25 am
Plotting terror at the waffle house ???

In the AJC

2 ole guys were found guilty in N Ga....their crime----plotting terror they say.....sometimes I am floored with verdicts & this one is a tizzy....these ole guys "talked" a good game....they "talked" about ricin & Federal agents...they actually DID NOTHING....now they could spend their final days in jail....

Amazing that some kill--maim---molest & etc & get off & walk away to do it again....these oldies but goodies are guilty of GOSSIPING...they didn't have any ricin to work with anyway.....
Watch what you say on here.....we could spend time in the pokey.....:(

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/18/14 - 10:28 am
lilly

He is all yours today.....I have so much to do it will take 6 hours just to make a dent in it.....handle him with care though.....he talks tuff but he really is fragile & breakable...:)

seeya later

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/18/14 - 11:30 am
Driveway Culvert - The Rest of the Story

I have a compliment, or a Rave if you prefer, for my commissioner and the Engineering and Utilities folks.

Many of you probably remember last year when I was ranting about my driveway culvert being damaged by excessive water flow when the water treatment plant flushed their tank, and also being damaged when the county mower hit the end of the pipe and cracked it while mowing my ditch. You will also remember that after several people from the county checked things out, their solution was my infamous "40 rocks", or rip-rap they piled around the end of my culvert.

Well, last month my wife stopped on the driveway apron to check the mail box and when she stepped on the grass strip beside our driveway apron she stepped into a hole. Luckily she was not injured. We are not sure if the hole was already there or if it collapsed when she walked there. Beneath the 1 foot diameter surface hole it spread out to 3 feet deep and 4 feet or more wide in an oblong shape....on the outside of my culvert pipe....and a hole in the bank of the ditch where the water had been shooting out above the culvert pipe. The asphalt on the driveway apron in that area was also sagged and was cracking.

The good news is that Commissioner Guilfoyle came out shortly after I called and brought Mr. Lasdson, from Engineering, and another gentleman from Utilities with him. It's taken a few weeks to do the drawings, get the sign offs on the funding, and let the contract but I am happy to say that my driveway culvert is finally in the process of being repaired and they also included additional measures to address the water flow from the retention pond and tank flushing from the water plant next door.

Yes, I complain and whine about many things but I also try to give credit where credit is due. I appreciate the nearly immediate response from Commissioner Guilfoyle and Mr. Ladson, and the fact that this time they took the problem seriously and are doing a good job of trying to fix not only the immediate problem, but also the cause of the problem.

I am posting this for two reasons. First, to let you folks know that I wasn't just being a nutcase last year when I was complaining about my driveway culvert......and Second, to give a thumbs up to my commissioner and folks from the Engineering and Utilities departments for doing a good job of fixing the problem this time.