Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I only have a few more to post, so send me a photo if you'd like to see it on the R&Rs. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com It can be pets or grand kids or old photos of yourself or almost anything that you're interested in. Thanks and have a good day. - Sean  Jake
Jake
Hello commenters, I'm back from vacation and almost caught up, so I though I'd start posting your submitted photos again. This one is from our friend Jake. He says in his email: "This is a photo I took at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris while on vacation with my family." I only have a few more to post, so send me a photo if you'd like to see it on the R&Rs. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com It can be pets or grand kids or old photos of yourself or almost anything that you're interested in. Thanks and have a good day. - Sean

SHERIFF ROUNDTREE wanted a new tax to pay for security along River­walk -- standard political procedure nowadays, a new tax. The only solution to safety in that area is to find the right cop (maybe three, 8-hour shifts) and put him on patrol alone. The right cop will soon have the bad guys scared silly. Such fearless cops do exist – at least they once did.

POLLS ALREADY say Hillary Clinton and Gov. Chris Christie lead the party packs for the next presidential elections. If those are the best the pols have to offer, freedom is doomed.

THE FACULTY AND staff of Barton Chapel Ele­men­tary would like to thank Sgt. Evans and his staff for their contributions of all the food, toys and clothes that were purchased for our children at Barton Chapel Elementary! Dr. Alpo-Sauni and her staff is forever thankful to you all!

IN ORDER TO BUILD a stadium home for another city’s team, North Augusta’s city council has held “executive” (closed-door) discussions, proposed a legally questionable financing scheme and dismissed its citizens’ legitimate concerns and objections only to then threaten countersuit of citizens who, in their frustrated desire to be heard, have filed suit against the city. In light of the council’s governmental heavy-handedness, is it any wonder there are questions of exactly who will benefit from this proposed stadium and how?

THE NEXT PERSON that should be shown the door in Richmond Coun­ty is whoever is responsible for the traffic lights. No reason why the light should turn red when there is no one in the cross streets (Reynolds Ave., Riverwatch at Claus­sen among many others). Pitiful!

countyman
19541
countyman 01/09/14 - 08:25 pm
North Richmond outlet mall

The announcement is coming by the end of the month..

The next mayor of Augusta must be able to hit the ground running.. Augusta is the next Raleigh and the growth is just beginning.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/09/14 - 09:59 pm
Yesterday marks 50 years of the War on Poverty

It got added yesterday $21Trillion has been spent fighting poverty in the USA.

It would be nice to say it fixed the problem, but it did not.
It would be nice to say it was money wisely spent, it was not.

After 50 years and $21 Trillion dollars of social / moral meddling, what do we have to show for it. Where are the success stories?

Has it helped the Black American Family?

Has it helped the reduce Illegitimate births?
NO they have increased to 60%.

Has just 1 program been successful in 50 Years of curing Poverty?
NO. The Poverty Rate % has not changed .01 of 1% after 50 years and $21 Trillion Dollars.

See for yourself.

The War on Poverty has been a failure.

How much is the US Government in debt ?
Did I hear it was something like $17T.

Think of what State and federal Jobs projects instead of handouts, the few 1st years, could have accomplished.

Wow, Working for a living, earning a living, having self respect, families not thorn apart, because Uncle Sam pays better without a daddy around.

Think of what could have been, if only the Federal Politicians could have admitted their mistake early on, or even 10 years down the road.

Alfred Einstein best said it:
"Insanity: is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Why do we allow the continued tossing of $$$$ at a problem with no results? Are we as insane as our Federal Leaders insane?

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/09/14 - 10:07 pm
The Turn Coats are Now North Augusta's Taxpayers Problem.

The Turncoats (formerly know as the Green Jackets)
just want a new Riverfront stadium, they don't care how it impacts local taxes, education and local residents.

How long is a Minor league Baseball Season?
But remember y'all be paying for the whole year.

You might remember we killed the idea on this side of the river.
You can do the same.

harley_52
harley_52 01/09/14 - 10:54 pm
justthefacts
justthefacts 01/10/14 - 12:05 am
Chris Christie

Probably no longer a front runner. The folks in NY/NJ are pretty POed at him.

countyman
19541
countyman 01/10/14 - 02:03 am
Village at Riverwatch=major tourist destination

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/10/14 - 01:42 am
I Drew A Line

through Chris Christie the minute I saw him shake hands with the King SMNCICBHO(M), the Hammer & Sickle man! Period.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 01/10/14 - 05:44 am
countyman....or anyone....any

countyman....or anyone....any idea what's going in to the failed KFC in Evans, right down from Wal-Mart? Thought I had read a little blurp in the paper a good while ago, but now I can't remember.

Sophisticated
Sophisticated 01/10/14 - 06:04 am
WOW!

In a shocking turnaround, President Obama and Deomcrats just won a huge procedural vote in the Senate to extend long - term unemployment benefits for 1.3 million Americans - including more than 200,000 military veterans. But this surprising victory won't actually restore benefits, unfortunately. Once the bill clears the Senate, the debate will move to the Republican controlled House and Speaker Boehner, who is under pressure from Tea Party Republicans to stop the bill from coming to a vote.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 06:55 am
Wash Your Car and Dress Well When Going to Costco

"The developer probably chose North Richmond because the residents have exquisite taste, the area is full of photogenic women & captivating men, the population is physically fit, and the people have a fastidious style.."

The people who live in Richmond County north of Riverwatch are so beautiful, I often walk around Mayo Park with my camera clicking away. The people look like they are on Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills. The truck stop on Riverwatch is full of the most physically fit women truckers I've ever seen. The people in the apartments off Stevens Creek Rd. are so fastidious I rarely see furniture thrown out on the road for nonpayment of the rent. Those guys with the handcuffs hanging off their belts must be the captivating ones he is referring to. What an area full of people so above the general population we should all wash our cars and dress our best when we go to Costco.

corgimom
corgimom 01/10/14 - 06:59 am
Where the hell is North

Where the hell is North Richmond? Richmond County has been in existence for over 200 years, and there has never been a North Richmond.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 07:02 am
About Chris Christie

We have the New York Times and NBC doing story after story on the closure of two lanes in New Jersey. Yet, with Benghazi we got nothing. Double standard, ya think?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 07:25 am
North Richmond County

Countyman describes North Richmond County as everything north of Riverwatch. It's actually West Augusta, but most of us let him have his little thing because he likes to use it and it seems to make him happy. I'm so proud of Countyman sometimes.

harley_52
harley_52 01/10/14 - 07:55 am
North Richmond...

....is just ever so slightly South of South Columbia.

And yes, I agree, the people there are beautiful. Movie star like, some might say. I always assumed they were Columbia County residents who had wandered slightly astray.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/10/14 - 08:34 am
Too funny RM

Countyman, are you one of those beautiful people?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 08:55 am
I Can't Wait

I heard the Evening with R. Kelly turned into 30 minutes after 11 PM. Maybe we can get his act out in Columbia County and get him to stay a little longer. I can't wait.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/10/14 - 08:55 am
Outlet Mall

Should have been done 10 years ago. ARC seems to be following so far behind everyone!!
The Marble Palace again 10 years ago everything there and the new Judicial Center could have been located in the old Regency Mall. That would have made all County Services and all Courts centrally located for all citizens of ARC. The auto center of the old Montgomery Ward could have made a perfect inmate to court secure transfer facility. Plenty of parking. Think of the millions saved from renovating the Marble Palace and building the Judicial Center!!! ARC would have been seen as a leader then!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 09:37 am
Cluster around costco

OMG...That is where the beautiful people are.....not the Gordon Hy---not Walton Way ext----not Bobby Jones---not Hy 56---dang, why didn't someone tell me this B4 now...dang it.

So many wasted moments...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 09:47 am
Christie

I bet he will come out of this smelling like a rose & bouncing like a ball...hahah....the fix is in.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 09:53 am
Brushing up on pr style heh

I guess you wouldn't call them the regulars at Walmart...heh

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 09:55 am
It was the "fastidious style"

It was the "fastidious style" that I found beautiful.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 10:02 am
I waited to see R. Kelly

I waited to see R. Kelly until 10:45 before I gave up and left. I saw Seenit still waiting so I flashed my gang sign at her as I walked out.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/10/14 - 10:00 am
Jokes about German sausage

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

·I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.

·How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

·I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

·This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

·I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

·I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words .

·Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

·The Energizer bunny arrested and charged with battery.

·The old man didn't like his beard at first. Then it grew on him.

·Did you hear about the cross eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

·When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

·What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

·I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

·Broken pencils are pointless.

·England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool .

·I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

·All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on.

·I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

·Velcro - what a rip off!

·Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.

·Venison for dinner? Oh deer!

·I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

harley_52
harley_52 01/10/14 - 10:06 am
I Wasn't Sure....

....what FASTidious meant. It's a pretty big word and I don't know too many big words. I figured it had something to do with being "fast."

Women who are both "photogenic" and "fast" would certainly be a big draw to the new Outlet Mall, I'm guessing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 10:07 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 10:13 am
I was just hoping someone

I was just hoping someone would get "there" and "they're" right and he suddenly comes up with all those big words. Heh, heh, heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 10:18 am
At 1045pm

I can assure you that seenit is curled up in her warm cozy bed at that time.....probably snoring some too!

I spent the majority of my life working hours til 2am---or so on Greene St in Augusta Ga.....now it takes all I can do to watch a program after 10pm....& no..I wasn't on a strip pole either...haah

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 10:21 am
SeenIt, About That Book

I wrote a review on Amazon about that book, How to Write With Flair. That's me, Emily Nestlerode.

PS....You mean that wasn't YOU who returned the gang sign as I walked by?

countyman
19541
countyman 01/10/14 - 10:33 am
Brookfield Park

The growth in Richmond is helping created both North Richmond and Southwest Augusta..

JMO... Fast food franchise

Riverman.. Why did my comments hit such a nerve? I'm sure those attributes might describe some of the CC residents too.. The Gateway area outside the city limits of Grovetown obviously didn't have enough of those people.. The developer couldn't take the chance when the nearby population could blow up the parking lot from someone trying to make meth, mud would be everywhere from the old pick up trucks, the cartels living in proximity need clothing to fit into the general public, and the double wides could all blow away if the wind became too strong.

The Brookfield Park on Mayo rd is very popular(even with the nearby Martinez residents) and one of the best community parks in Georgia. The park was mentioned back in 2010 when Augusta ranked in the top ten for the best places to raise a family.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 10:26 am
ctyman..THAT was goooood

Now don't fool yourself & think they are only talking with Augusta....hahah
We KNOW land has been selling & some say for the outlet mall in Grovetown area ...sooo don't count your chicks B4 they hatch...

They will play BOTH ends of this deal....just watch it.imo

Update: Ga. Ebola patients released

ATLANTA - A news conference was planned today at Emory to discuss the discharge of Nancy Writebol and another aid worker, Dr. Kent Brantly.