Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE STALINIST WHO refused the high school kids from singing Christmas carols at the VA should be fired and returned to his original home – North Korea.

GEE! WHAT A CHRISTMAS. I put my house on the market recently, and got a superb offer. Now, I am off to a better place. My 40-year association with the Augusta area is over. I am so thankful that I lived in Columbia County and NOT Richmond County. My two children received great educations at Lakeside Middle/High and moved on to
attend great colleges
and have great careers away from the Augusta area. I read the rants and raves every day. It is clear that many of you would love to leave Augusta. Thank God, I can! Adios to the bickering, dysfunctional Augusta Commission. Sayonara to the self-serving intellectual wannabes on the Board of Education. … God is great! I am one happy so-and-so to be able to get out of this place. I am voting with my feet: Leaving! All you who are stuck here with no hope of leaving can offer up your feeble responses. It is OK, ’cause I know you would leave if you could.

WHEN WE PULLED out of Iraq, President Obama said that we achieved a “responsible end” to the war in Iraq. Now we are back supplying dozens of Hellfire missiles and low-tech surveillance drones to the Iraq regime to be used to suppress an al-Qaida-backed insurgency. Looks like we left the country in a mess with more than 8,000 Iraqis killed so far this year. Is this what is meant to be a “responsible end” to the war?

THE BIGGEST JOKE of 2013: “President Obama unable to use his Web site to sign up for Obamacare.

GOV. DEAL IS touting his new criminal justice plans that will release thousands of felons. Saving money is his reason. In the end, when these criminals commit new crimes and victimize more innocents, he will not be able to save his own position.

PRESIDENT OBAMA had to sign up in person for health insurance because he was not in the government database! Huh? State senator, U.S. senator and president and he isn’t in the government database? Beyond reality!

harley_52
harley_52 01/06/14 - 06:12 pm
Christmas Is...

....the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. We celebrate his birth here in the United States. We always have and, hopefully, we always will. For those who hate religion, or hate Jesus Christ, you have a choice to NOT celebrate Christmas at all, or you can act like you're celebrating "Christmas" for some other reason....like the beginning of winter, or whatever.

The Constitution does not support the actions at the Augusta, VA Hospital. It was a mean, nasty, and cheap shot at Christians at the expense of both children and sick/dying patients.

A very "progressive" thing to do and instructive of the way "progressives" think and act.

carcraft
carcraft 01/06/14 - 06:33 pm
Corgimom the point of the

Corgimom the point of the last rant is that Obama tried to SYMBOLICALLY sign up for Obama care and couldn't because he wasn't in the federal data base ..An aid aid had to personally go down to sign him. Now if a former state senator, US Senator, and current President isn't in the federal data base who is.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 01/06/14 - 06:38 pm
Christmas is paraded as a

Christmas is paraded as a celebration of Christ....but the Christ I know stands against a lot of what Christmas represents...

There are countless reviews of the pagan/occult origins if Christmas.

Look into it.

corgimom
corgimom 01/06/14 - 06:44 pm
Carcraft, beats me, but yeah,

corgimom
corgimom 01/06/14 - 06:45 pm
The wind chill atop

The wind chill atop Grandfather Mt in NC right now is MINUS EIGHTY DEGREES.

Holy moly, that's cold!

corgimom
corgimom 01/06/14 - 06:47 pm
"It is petty, presumptuous,

"It is petty, presumptuous, and insulting for you "progressives" to try to force others to deny the purpose of THEIR celebration and deny them the ability to celebrate Christ's birthday with others especially when those others are sick and dying and especially when those who seek to cheer them are little children whose intentions are both humane and spiritual."

Gosh darn it, that old Constitution has a way of spoiling so many things, doesn't it?

corgimom
corgimom 01/06/14 - 06:48 pm
And isn't just plain crummy

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/06/14 - 06:58 pm
"but the Christ I know stands

"but the Christ I know stands against a lot of what Christmas represents"

Internationallyunknown, I have no idea who you have been talking to or watching but my family and I, as well as friends and church members celebrate the birth of our Holy Savior. We celebrate His life, because without it and His death, we would be eternally damned to Hell, without forgiveness and a eternal relationship with Him. Without Christmas which we celebrate His birth, we would not have the miracle of His virgin birth......

so, maybe you are the one not celebrating Christmas for what the season means. Maybe you need to look into it yourself.

KSL
KSL 01/06/14 - 07:47 pm
What is plain crummy is when

What is plain crummy is when the Supreme Court gets their interpretation of the Constitution wrong for political reasons.

myfather15
myfather15 01/07/14 - 07:54 am
"And isn't just plain crummy

"And isn't just plain crummy that people can't interpret the Constitution as they see fit, but have to go by what the Supreme Court says?"

Corgimom, once again you're dead wrong!! People have and still do interpret the Constitution how they see fit.......they're called liberals!! The only difference is they have used liberal, radical judges to reaffirm THEIR interpretation of the Constitution. Then, they LIE (As usual) about the founding fathers, to say the majority of them were secular or atheist.

Are you going to set there at your device, with a straight face and tell me that if this were a group of homosexuals, wanting to bring some sort of cheer to the vets, by singing them songs, that the VA would have denied them? The VA would have been shaking in their boots!! They wouldn't even considered it, they would be so worried about "offending" this "minority" group.

myfather15
myfather15 01/07/14 - 05:44 pm
Corgimom

"Carcraft, beats me, but yeah, I would say that the President isn't in any Federal data base for security reasons. No President would ever be."

Corgimom, really? Do I honestly have to keep pointing out common sense to you?

So, what you're saying is that for security reasons; the President himself can not access his own personal information?

So, I guess for security reasons, they wiped his brain completely clear of any memory of his DOB or SSN!!

So, let me boil this down to you, if what YOU are saying is true; then basically the President of the United States is a complete DUFUS!!! Why? Because HE is the one decided to do the symbolic signing up on the ACA website!! So, if He did this and it is what YOU say it is; then this guy doesn't have a brain in his head!! If he attempted to log on and so a symbolic sign up, knowing who he is and that he wouldn't be able to do so, that's idiotic!! That would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

myfather15
myfather15 01/07/14 - 08:04 am
Hhhmmmm, no word from

Hhhmmmm, no word from jwilliams and his righteous indignation. I'll check back!!

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 01/08/14 - 03:41 pm
Christ vs. Religion (tradition)

ICL, is "Christmas" in the Bible?
Please tell me, how does God say we should celebrate Christmas?

Clearly, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about....Christmas ahas ALWAYS been a PAGAN holiday....like seriously.....look into it. Christ would want you to....instead of following worthless, RELIGIOUS TRADITION.

God is faithful...He will guide, provide, and protect!

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 01/08/14 - 03:46 pm
ICL, I can be that you

ICL, I can be that you celebrate Easter too....the fertility god Ishtar.