Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT is flat broke and in debt in the trillions, so while Obama wastes several million more of OUR dollars taking an undeserved trip to Hawaii, Congress plans to blow another $60 million to “renovate” the U.S. Capitol dome. What a bunch of thieving morons.

A RAVE FOR Trinity E. R. In, treated and discharged in one hours and 50 minutes. Arrived with head injury at 8:50 p.m. Doctor examined and ordered CAT scan, read by radiologist with no internal bleeding found. Medication for pain and nausea given. Discharge paperwork signed and exited at 10:40. All medical and administrative personnel pleasant and efficient.

RANT FOR TIMOTHY Bledsoe wanting health care for everybody. Everyday I see these boys walking around with their pants down, having the worst language a human being could have and willing to put a bullet in your head for less than a nickel. Yeah... I am really worried about their health care!

TO ALL STAFFS AT Doctors Hosptial: Registration desk, Housekeeping, Colonoscopy Department. Staff was very nice. Thank you. Happy holidays.

I SAW THE newspaper headline that stated that “Obama warns of ‘further action’ in South Sudan” I don’t think that those that he is threatening have anything to worry about since his history of going after the “bad guys” in foreign countries has been miserable. Talk is cheap, real action is what matters and is not part of the Obama make-up

I AM AN EMPLOYEE of the Charlie Norwood hospital & feel ashamed that Augusta’s Alleluia Community School was not allowed to sing Christmas carols that honor and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ What does Christ stand for in Christmas?

harley_52
harley_52 01/04/14 - 09:37 pm
"RANT FOR TIMOTHY Bledsoe wanting health care for everybody."

I think he deserves a rave, not a rant. I think any compassionate human being wants health care for everybody (and I'm not limiting that to U.S. Citizens only). The problem is how to pay for it.

I don't mind taking care of my family, chipping in for relatives, or friends, or even donating to help others as I am able and as I choose. I do it all the time. It's the right thing to do. Other Americans do it too, all the time. America is the most compassionate Country the world has ever seen.

I object, however, to somebody else deciding who THEY want to help and then forcibly taking MY money to pay for THEIR decisions. I especially object to paying for people who hate me, or hate the USA, or those others who help pay their way because someone has convinced them they are ENTITLED to something they haven't earned and don't appreciate.

Tim is right, he just hasn't quite thought it through all the way, so far.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/04/14 - 10:11 pm
Great post Harley; I could

Great post Harley; I could not agree more.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/04/14 - 10:20 pm
Obama Vacation

I am no fan of Obama, but any man or women gets a vacation.
His costs more because like it or not, he has to take AF-1 and have a C&C Post to run a war. Family and body guards (SS) and staff also come. When Bush went to Texas for his vacations it was the same thing just closer.

With that said, I do have to ask why a home in the Hawaii area,
when his residence prior to being elected president was Chicago, wasn't it?

BTW: if the USA came under Nuke attack, being on one the non-Pearl Harbor islands of Hawaii, is one of the safest place to sit it out. According the declassified 1990 FEMA anticipated strike maps.

NOT saying this is the reason for an extended vacation plan.
Just a thought that crossed my mind given normal my Level Of Dis-Trust for Socialist.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/04/14 - 10:25 pm
Sudan will be the next Headline distracting Wag the Dog

I warned y'all they break out the old standard Political Play, to take the heat out, just like they have done for Each and Every Scandal so far.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/04/14 - 10:42 pm
Spending 100M's on Millions each year prop up DC is not working.

We should have move the capital to some Mid West federal property
50 years ago.

If for no other reason than insure continuity of Leadership, safety, Security and a centralize command location.

An maybe confuse the Lobbyists.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 07:11 am
Good Morning "AC Friends" America

A very big Rave to the very first post today. Harley, you have spoken my 100% feelings from my heart and mind.

Sad to realize that we are no longer living in a free world and it is more scarier to know what is in hold for all of us in the coming future.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 07:24 am
The Black Cloud Is Getting Bigger!

First Connecticut, now DC.

Gun re-registration begins in D.C., may lead to arrest and confiscation

Who Is Next!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/05/14 - 07:32 am
Obama Vacation

OK so we now go by 24 year old information? If someone wanted to take him out they'll just reprogram one of their nukes to hit the islands. He's the only President to take more than a weeks vacation or the number of vacations since he's been in office. Also, all the other Presidents stayed in the White House until the day after Christmas to allow the staff to spend their Christmas with their families. King Obama thinks they should serve him and doesn't care about their families. He only cares about his agenda and his pocketbook. Look at his net worth now versus when he took office. Something is rotten there!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/05/14 - 08:52 am
THAT Time

Yep, there comes a time in life when you praise the skillful colonoscopy departments of this world.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 08:50 am
Carefull CBBP

He signed an executive Order saying you can go to jail for saying anything derogatory against him.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 08:55 am
Me - A C&P Type Guy

Lying is what Obama does best...

1. I will have the most transparent administration.
2. I have Shovel ready jobs.
3. The IRS is not targeting anyone.
4. If four Americans get killed, it is not optimal.
5. There are going to be bumps in the road. (referring to Libya and Egypt protests/attacks).
6. ObamaCare will be good for America.
7. You can keep your family doctor.
8. Premiums will be lowered by $2500
9. You can keep your current healthcare plan
10. Just shop around, for that healthcare I claimed you wouldn't lose.
11. I am sorry you lost your healthcare, (you know the health care you have to shop around for, ya the same health care I said you could keep, yup, that's the one).
12. I did not say you could keep your health care. (Regardless that 29 recorded videos show I did)
13. ObamaCare will not be offered to illegal immigrants.
14. ObamaCare will not be used to fund abortions.
15. ObamaCare will cost less than 1 Trillion Dollars.
16. No one making under $250,000 will see their taxes raised one dime.
17. It is Bushes fault. (this can be inserted in between every statement).
18. It was about a movie.
19. I will fundamentally transform America. (This one sadly is very true)
20. If I had a son.
21. I am not a dictator.
22. I will put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
23. You didn't build that.
24. I will restore trust in Government.
25. The Cambridge police acted stupidly.
26. I am not after your guns.
27. The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. The BHO of (2006).
28. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics.
29. "If I don't have this done in three years, then this is going to be a one-term proposition.
30. I do think at a certain point you've made enough money.
31. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.
32. The Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk
33. It's not my red line it is the worlds red line.
34. Whistle blowers will be protected.
35. We got back Every Dime we Used to Rescue the Banks, with interest.
36. I am good at killing people.
37. I will close Gitmo. (but instead built them a $750,000 soccer field).
38. The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't, but she is a typical white person
39. I am not spying on American citizens.
40. By, on, on, by, Friday uh afternoon things get a little uh, uh challenged uh, uh ( when left to think for himself without a Teleprompter).
41. I am a Christian.
42. John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith.
43. It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy.
44. UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems. (Attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare).
45. What’s good for illegal immigrants is also good for people who are losing their health insurance because of Obamacare.
And the biggest lie of all
I Barrack Hussain Obama pledge to preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
Obama voters, here's your sign...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 08:57 am
corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 09:23 am
Let's see, where do I want to

Let's see, where do I want to take a vacation at Christmas time?

Hawaii, or Chicago?

This is a NO BRAINER.

He may still be a Hawaiian resident and has to spend a certain amount of time there. And I'm sure he still has friends there.

It's not any different than me going to California and Augusta.

But I seem to remember Ronnie taking lots of vacations at his California ranch, and George W. going to Crawford TX, and George the Daddy going to Texas and Maine.

And Richard Nixon going to San Clemente and Florida, and Jimmy going to Plains, and on and on and on.

corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 09:33 am
Ranter #6- the chorus was

Ranter #6- the chorus was allowed to sing Christmas carols, just not where they wanted to.

And that's amazing to me, that this story has gotten so twisted. The fault lies with the Alleluia chorus, they got mad when things didn't go their way and left.

I personally believe that they were more concerned about proselytizing and less about singing carols. Because if their main purpose was to sing for veterans, singing them in a chapel wouldn't have concerned them.

robert2410
robert2410 01/05/14 - 10:06 am
The only thing twisted is

The only thing twisted is your thinking. Being anti-Christian and anti-American is what you libs do best.
To the first post by Harley, I can not add anything to it, it sums it up quite nicely. Good job by him.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/05/14 - 10:14 am
Presidential vacations

With the criticism of Obama's extravagant vacationing, the liberal side defends it by pointing to Bush Jr's frequent visits to his ranch, and the fact that he took "more" vacations than Obama.

That isn't the point though, is it? The president discharges his/her duties from wherever he/she is at the time. It is a 24/7/365.25 job, unless for emergency health reasons the VP has taken over.

The point is the extravagance and disrespect for the taxpayer's wallet. Bush goes to his own ranch, Obama spends $25,000/week at a crony's Hawaiian villa. Reagan went to his California ranch. Clinton went to Martha's Vineyard, Bush Sr. went to his Kennebunkport compound.

I don't know if there is any way to accurately quantify the cost of personal vs official travel since politicians of all stripes effectively disguise pleasure trips with official business; but considering the destinations for "downtime", it certainly does appear that the Obamas are living high off the taxpayer hog during a time when millions are suffering unemployment and financial hard times.

robert2410
robert2410 01/05/14 - 10:17 am
Because liberals can never

Because liberals can never admit to being wrong about anything ever, they systematically destroy and ruin everything they become involved with and then point the finger elsewhere or demand even more government involement to fix the problems they started.

corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 10:29 am
Robert, I am a Christian, and

Robert, I am a Christian, and fortunately, I am not the kind of Christian you are.

Because I respect other people's religions. I respect the fact that other people don't like to have other people's religion shoved down their throats- because I feel the same way. I believe that forcing religious beliefs upon people are the surest way to have them turn away- and that's the opposite of what Christians are supposed to do.

Courtesy and respect for others are sadly lacking today, and it's truly sad.

That's the kind of Christian I am, not the kind that you are.

And I thank God for that.

PS: It's ok with me if you call me a "lib" or a "liberal". I think it's funny that people call me that, as if I'm supposed to be offended or something.

corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 10:31 am
Oh, and I don't know how it's

Oh, and I don't know how it's anti-Christian to be in favor of religious carols being sung in a chapel, but hey, works for me!

Robert, your posts to me make me laugh!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/05/14 - 10:35 am
Augusta

How did your visit to Augusta go, Corgi?

corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 10:37 am
Well, we went to a funeral,

Well, we went to a funeral, so that part was sad, but it's always good to go to Augusta.

See my posts from last night.

Planning another trip sometime soon, didn't get to see all the people that I love.

corgimom
corgimom 01/05/14 - 10:38 am
But it took all my

But it took all my self-control not to stop and see Countyman, I know where he lives. I know that would thrill him to pieces.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/05/14 - 10:41 am
Corgimom wrote about her

Corgimom wrote about her Augusta visit on yesterday's R and R's. Interesting. She found North Augusta to be beautiful.

harley_52
harley_52 01/05/14 - 10:53 am
Riverman...

I'm glad you've found a soul mate. :)

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/05/14 - 11:09 am
"they systematically destroy

"they systematically destroy and ruin everything they become involved with and then point the finger elsewhere or demand even more government involvement to fix the problems they started."

An absolutely perfect description of the Democrat party and it's socialist ideologue mentality. Half of the country dedicated to an ideology that has failed everywhere it has been tried. But OUR Democrats think they can "get it right". Obamacare is a perfect example of what you can do if you lie to the people long enough and hard enough. It's not quite what they told you it would be but it's for the greater good COMRADE. It doesn't really matter that it is costing you MIDDLE CLASS working stiffs 3 times as much and that you will get worse medical care......it's SOCIALISM and we are proud of it.......it's MIDDLE CLASS WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION........because we can't really do anything to the RICH but we've got you MIDDLE CLASS folks by the gonads.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/05/14 - 11:13 am
Harley, read my response to

Harley, read my response to Corgimom in yesterday's R's. It is an understatement type thing. See what you think.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/05/14 - 11:35 am
Put These Two Together and What Do You Have?

AND

Courtesy and respect for others are sadly lacking today, and it's truly sad. That's the kind of Christian I am, not the kind that you are.

Geez!!!!!!

harley_52
harley_52 01/05/14 - 11:42 am
"because we can't really do anything to the RICH....

....but we've got you MIDDLE CLASS folks by the gonads."

Precisely. There is no place for the middle class. It's just Bourgeois and Proletarians. Marx and Engels laid it all out. Obama's "fundamental change" includes the destruction of the middle class so all that's left is the "rich" and the "poor" which he makes sure are always at odds.

You have to admit he's been successful so far and Obamacare is right on target. The "poor" being convinced the "rich" are keeping them from having "affordable" health care will strengthen his case and he knows it. Why do you think he came up with the idea?

And why does he posture "the rich" as being the reason people can't get their citizenship documents? Clean air? Clean water? A "living" wage? A climate that won't kill us all?

Why, it's the evil rich, that's all. They hate the "poor" and want to see them all dead.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/05/14 - 11:57 am
Yep Harley

Divide and conquer. Not exactly an original idea. But effective.

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.