Rants & Raves

GOOD GRIEF, THEY kicked out Fred Russell? Better hope the mayor and mayor pro tem are up to doing the work.

WHY WE BOUGHT over a BILLION dollars worth of helicopters from Russia for use in Afghanistan? Bribery and corruption.

HEY, IF YOU THINK GRU-some was bad with the dogs and primates, what do you think of the pet cemeteries? Go to the Web site www.gru.edu, then using the magnifying glass to look, type in “pet cemete” so you can get either cemeteries or cemetery. What on earth do they have those pet cemeteries for?

WELL, IT IS ONLY right that we be better inclusive in this day and age! The VA just needed to have made their policy better known sooner. Yes, it’s great the kids want to push Christian music on people to listen but unless they agree to a room, they should not expect to get to just preach at people, even with music. There ARE different religions here and they are not going away just because people want to insist that 200 years ago, only one religion was known and used. Not that it’s been used that well, anyway. Heck, Christians claim they cannot teach enough of it to their own kids and keep trying to wrongfully push it on everyone in public schools! That’s proof right there that Christianity CANNOT work!

NOW THAT THERE’S an Augusta State man in the Regents board, when are we finally going to get the funds to make up for the deprivations of even basic cost of living increases to the workers who are left there before the Depression started (before arrival of Azziz)?

PEOPLE STILL PROTESTING the Affordable Care Act better pay attention. Why keep lying on the info and dragging it down and back? Do you really want to pay for all the meds for all the folks who won’t get insurance because they want US to pay for them?

OH DANG, ANOTHER good man gone. Rest in peace, Karnig! Much light and love to your wife, Mary.

A POLL CHRISTMAS EVE said only 35 percent of Americans now approve of Obamacare. Obama has given us death and destruction. And finally, a clear majority of Americans both recognize and admit that. After decades of school groups singing Christmas carols to vets at the VA hospital, suddenly, somebody (clearly Obama) has ruled that such singing is against the law. The U.S. is fast falling into a muddy ditch of anti-Christ weirdness.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/01/14 - 09:10 pm
nocnoc
nocnoc 01/01/14 - 09:33 pm
Socialism is WRONG

No matter now many people have their hand out to take it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/01/14 - 10:12 pm
Flash Mob Singing Christmas Carols

We should have a flash mob suddenly start caroling in the VA lobby just to show um. I bet others in the lobby would join in. A quick Occupy VA.

carcraft
carcraft 01/01/14 - 10:23 pm
About poster #6, what are we

About poster #6, what are we lying about with Obama Care. Obama lied to us!

corgimom
corgimom 01/01/14 - 11:08 pm
"After decades of school

"After decades of school groups singing Christmas carols to vets at the VA hospital, suddenly, somebody (clearly Obama) has ruled that such singing is against the law. "

Well, you know, that's an interesting viewpoint.

I remember when racial discrimination was practiced for many decades- and then people realized it was wrong, and it stopped.

Slavery existed for 200 hundred years, people realized it was wrong, a war was fought, and it stopped.

Women were denied the right to vote for 150 years, people realized it was wrong, it stopped.

We are supposed to evolve as a country as we become better educated. We are supposed to better ourselves. We are supposed to improve.

So to say "it was done for decades" is not justification for doing it now.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/01/14 - 11:20 pm
Clearly you aren't

comparing Christmas carols with discrimination, slavery and women's right to vote? I am agnostic by choice but even I don't have a problem with people singing Christian based carols or saying Merry Christmas. When did this country become the wants of the few outweighing the wants of the many?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/02/14 - 12:08 am
According To corgimom,

"it was done for decades" is not justification for doing it now.

The United States Constitution has been with us for DECADES, but now we are more "Educated" we need to burn it so we can better ourselves & improve the great country.

Don't worry corgi, very little of it is left, 3 more years and POOF it's gone!

iaaffg
iaaffg 01/02/14 - 06:33 am
Christmas: celebrates the

Christmas: celebrates the birth of Christ. No matter how much the liberal elite media wants to deny this, make it otherwise, vilify Christians, God, and Jesus, deny Their existence, deny anything Christ-like or backed by Christians, that's still the reason for the season. Anyone who claims to be a non-believer are being hypocritical if they went out and bought presents and 'celebrated' the season on one hand while loudly denouncing and denigrating Christians on the other. Now they call it the 'holiday season'. I hate to inform anyone, but the holi in holiday actually means 'holy', so what 'holy' are you non-believers celebrating when you go buy that tree and string lights around your house and buy hundreds of dollars of useless gifts for your loved ones? If you don't want to believe in God, Jesus, or any of the tenets of Christianity, if it pleases you to hate Christians, by all means, go ahead and do so (you are the one that suffers, not us!), but please don't celebrate Christmas anymore and spare those of us who do your hypocrisy.

robert2410
robert2410 01/02/14 - 06:43 am
Comparing Christianity to

Comparing Christianity to slavery makes you one sick puppy. If you hate us Christians so much at least make honest and true arguments against us instead of making stuff up like an idiot.

carcraft
carcraft 01/02/14 - 07:21 am
Corgimom needs to read a

Corgimom needs to read a little history, it wad Christians that ended ala wry in the western hemisphere and it was Christians that fought discrimination. I believe it was the REVEREND Martin Luther King. Slavery still exists and existed since the dawn of time. It is only been western society formed by Christian though that had quite doing it!

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 07:52 am
#2

Yes, very interesting that we are giving a billion dollars to Russia, for something we build even better, then giving the product to Afghan!! Giving the enemy a billion dollars, and giving the product to people who really don't like us!! Sounds reasonable!!

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 08:08 am
#6

"Do you really want to pay for all the meds for all the folks who won’t get insurance because they want US to pay for them?"

What on earth are you talking about? Do you even know?

That's exactly what this ACA is all about, is making citizens pay for other people's health care. Redistribution of wealth, by forcing a tax upon people, to pay for the "less fortunates" care!!

For example, my insurance provided by my employer went from FREE, to $92.00 month. I'm sure that's so that some "unfortunate" person can have health care, at my expense. The problem is, that I'm NOT RICH!! This $92.00 a month is going to have an impact on my life.

All this, while the government is talking about REDUCING the benefits to our Military and wounded warriors!!

So, we can take care of drug addicts, alcoholics, irresponsible and lazy people, but we need to REDUCE our benefits to our Warriors? Is THIS, the Country you support?

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 08:10 am
So, while our enemies are

So, while our enemies are building up military and strengthening their forces; we are reducing military AND treating our military members like dogs!! Why?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/14 - 09:53 am
Let me see if I can catch up on world news

I have been missing but just this am I think I'm caught up again..

Kimye is alive & well & is going skiiing.....Brittany Spears has been accused of faking her abs....Duck Dynasty is still in the running----Target is having more trouble with gift certs not valid.....a good year to get off facebook.......well now, I'm caught up again!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/14 - 10:17 am
Have you ever...

Have you ever gone to sleep thinking one way & waking up thinking the opposite way??

Nahhh...me neither. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/14 - 10:33 am
Faking it!!

At least they can't say Willie on Duck Dynasty is faking his abs...no siree buddy....no fake there....I kinda like his warm & fuzzy look though..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/14 - 10:40 am
I might fake a stew today...

So the weatherman says ice & cold & maybe snow in N Ga.....ok, I can handle that.....a nice beef stew with carrots--potatoes--etc is just what the Dr ordered....cornbread to go with it.....it takes a good 3 hours to get it right.....but it is soooo good....the news is just not doing it for me today......same ole same ole....we need some twerkers on here I guess.....hahaha....70ish year ole twerkers...yeh, that would do it!! Maybe ksl will twerk some today..:) (No.. I'm not saying she is even near that age)

corgimom
corgimom 01/02/14 - 10:50 am
carcraft. I have news for

carcraft. I have news for you, it was Christians that practiced slavery in the South and it was Christians that practiced discrimination against blacks.

It was also Christians that slaughtered the Native Americans in this country, too.

I know my American history very, very well. Perhaps you are the one who should learn it.

harley_52
harley_52 01/02/14 - 10:51 am
"The Great Italian Auto Bailout....

...courtesy of US taxpayers"

Thanks to President Obama, the United States loses again.

Bigtime.

For those who even care.....

corgimom
corgimom 01/02/14 - 10:52 am
myfather, your health

myfather, your health insurance wasn't ever free. It was free to YOU, but your employer was paying for it.

All employers are shifting the cost of health care from them to their employees. Get used to it, it's not going away.

You were fortunate to have free health care for as long as you did, and I don't know why you expected it to continue forever.

Most places have been charging for years.

corgimom
corgimom 01/02/14 - 10:54 am
Christmas is the reason for

Christmas is the reason for the season?

I wonder if a Jewish person feels that way- Hannukah has been around a lot longer than Christmas.

harley_52
harley_52 01/02/14 - 11:08 am
"So, while our enemies are building up military....

...and strengthening their forces; we are reducing military AND treating our military members like dogs!! Why?"

Here's my guess...it's because we have a President and a Democrat Senate that wants to enhance our image overseas, to gain the respect of the international community, to improve the fighting capability of our military, and to keep us safe, strong, and united.

Am I right?

KSL
KSL 01/02/14 - 11:41 am
allhans
allhans 01/02/14 - 01:22 pm
Michael Moore, he who wrote

Michael Moore, he who wrote his own autobiography titled "Sicko".

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 01:24 pm
Corgimom

Maybe YOU, should learn the difference in those who CLAIM to be Christian, and those who actually are!! You do know, that Christ warned us about these people, right? So, if He said to learn the difference, you might want to do so!!

Matter of fact, the Bible says "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

So, not only are they not of our brother Judah, but they are of the synagogue of Satan!! Hhhhmmmm, be careful about that history you know and how you spread it.

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 01:30 pm
Corgimom

I'm not stupid!! I realize my employer was paying for my insurance!! I guess you completely missed the point there, huh?

The point is, if not for the ACA they would have continued paying our insurance!! The ACA skyrocketting insurance prices, caused them to make the decision to make us pay!! They actually wrote us letters with our checks saying this EXACT thing: "Due to the implement of the Affordable Care Act, the insurance premiums will be going up in 2014."

THAT, is a direct quote from the letter that we received!!

Now, explain to me how this is a good thing!!!

myfather15
myfather15 01/02/14 - 01:31 pm
Harley

Well.......that wouldn't be my answer, but to each his own opinion.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/02/14 - 01:36 pm
If we need to compare something to something

Lets take Pre- 1979

KKK, Slavery, Ghettos and dissolving Black family unity in 1 generation. These were all Democrat developed, sponsored, planned or continuously funded agendas.

There are things that Yellow Dog Democrat states did.
Jim Crow laws - Democrat
Poll Tax to keep blacks from Voting - Democrat
Segregation - Democrat
The Riot controls Fire Hoses, dogs riot guns - Democrat
Refusing to sell Firearms to blacks - Democrat
Lynchings of blacks and Homosexuals - Democrats

Now that's a fair comparison.

But to blame Christians would be like blaming Republicans for freeing the slaves.

KSL
KSL 01/02/14 - 04:41 pm
Yeah

Plenty of Christians had started freeing their slaves well before the Civil War.

Edited to address my negative tds "friend." Prove what I said is not the truth.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/02/14 - 03:53 pm
Where Chattel Slaves are today

The country with the greatest slave population is Mauritania and is in West Africa. Slavery remains so common there that it is considered common there. The estimates run as high as 1 Mauritanian's out of every 5 is a slave.

WOW,
based on the all the preachers, liberals, and democrats.
I thought AMERICAN and those nasty White Christian Republicans