Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RANT TO the Augusta VA Hospital for not allowing the school group to sing Christmas Carols for the recovering veterans because someone would find it offensive. Well, I find it offensive and so does my husband who is a World War II veteran. Both our neighbors who are also veterans find it offensive. We live in the “land of the free and the home of the brave,” but the brave are not free to listen to Christmas carols. How sad that as Americans we are no longer free. What happened to our rights?

SO SAD TO HEAR that the coupon lady’s column will be cut.

ALL PASTORS should be able to be political in their churches. All churches should be taxed.

I DON’T WANT you to quit publishing the Coupon Lady’s articles! This is the kind of stuff people need to help them in these hard economic times. I think you should keep her on permanently. If you want to change anything ask her to broaden her articles to something other than just using coupons to save money on groceries, like how to save on eating out and buying things in the mall and online. I know more people would love to know things like this.

JUST READ THE story about Charles Walker’s release from prison in The Chronicle. Right in the middle of the article was a quote from Bill Fennoy stating the he didn’t think Walker had done anything wrong. And he’s an Augusta commissioner? Does the city need to be worried about Fennoy since he must not know right from wrong?

SO, VA HOSPITAL man Brian Rothwell calls stopping Christians from singing their carols at the VA “respect for every faith…” Clearly, this is DISrespect for Christianity. This man is speaking the same weird lingo that spews out of Washington.

THANKS TO Chambliss and Isakson for throwing military retirees and veterans under the bus. Old RINOs doing what they do best. Watching out for themselves instead of the people that put them in office.

WHY WOULD YOU cancel something that benefits the public? Oh wait, this is The Chronicle and you are only concerned with your “NUMBERS”! Your numbers have been wrong for years. Your subscriptions are down because of the service your customers get ... because the price keeps increasing and because you keep eliminating articles that MAKE SENSE!

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/29/13 - 07:23 pm
VA PR Christmas Bomb

This has been picked over 7 ways to Sunday.

Maybe next year the AUGUSTA VA, instead of becoming world famous for killing vets' and restricting cheerful singing, might consider an area appropriate for the carolers?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/29/13 - 07:29 pm
Pastors should stick to SIN and the Word of GOD

If the Politician is sinning say so and how.

But the Pastor, reverend, preacher or etc. must stay away from making endorsing the politician using the word of GOD in the church or encouraging his flocks voting direction, for other than GOD stated reasons.

The churches 501c Status should be yanked on the 2nd offense.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/29/13 - 07:33 pm
The quote from Fennoy stating he didn’t think Walker was guilty

Pretty much sums up his character, judgement and a failure to read the 1000's of pages of evidence presented against Walker at Walkers trial.

Any bets Obama pardons Walker. Barry, etc. etc.. in late Dec 2015 / Jan 2016 just before leaving office?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/29/13 - 07:51 pm
Some say AC numbers are down??

We are in a Electronic Age and the Printed Media is too costly and has Low ROI. The Newspaper has seen it hay day as far as a Printed Media

I look for the printed edition to be phased out, in the next 10 unless we have a National EMP problem sooner.

I personally envision a Internet edition with up to the second Scrolling NEWS Marque, PLUS Home Email PDF style delivery, with ads and Photos in the next 5 years. We'll be taking our E-edition with us and reading it as we have time and print the coupons and articles we wish. AC will charge per ad read and 2x per printed ad and the delivery cost to readers will be pennies a E-paper.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/29/13 - 08:15 pm
will miss #87

the Clark Hill parking lot that use to be next to the dam,
before the area became tame.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 08:22 pm
nocnoc, the VA did, Alleluia

nocnoc, the VA did, Alleluia said no.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 08:25 pm
nocnoc, Walmart already

nocnoc, Walmart already offers coupons that you can choose to print. They are great, they are just like the manufacturers' coupons in the paper.

They are easier, you just choose the ones you want, you don't have to wade through page after page of coupons for Glade air fresheners.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 08:27 pm
I don't know about the

I don't know about the pardon, Charles has been in the Big House and couldn't help get Obama elected.

But the idea makes me choke.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 08:32 pm
But people want to talk about

But people want to talk about King Obama, obamacare, etc.

Obama is a moderate. If you REALLY want a socialist President, Hillary is the one.

Remember HER health care plan, the one that she wouldn't let anybody see, that she just let people see certain parts?

Now, THAT'S frightening!

And it looks like she's going to be the Dem candidate.

God help us all.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/29/13 - 08:42 pm
I remember now

Why CMom is on my ignore list

happychimer
happychimer 12/29/13 - 09:32 pm
I don't see an ignore list on

I don't see an ignore list on here.

happychimer
happychimer 12/29/13 - 09:35 pm
Kroger also has online

Kroger also has online coupons that you can add to your Kroger discount card. Why would anyone want to ignore corgi? I enjoy her comments.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/29/13 - 10:12 pm
Bwahahaha, someone did a

Bwahahaha, someone did a funny, "so sad to hear that coupon lady's column will be 'cut'"

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/29/13 - 10:15 pm
A Little More Pollution

When Bob Young's Column Falls Off The Most Discussed List, we can start over by responding to this article:

More Pollution

The trouble about predicting the future is that things keep changing on you.

Read it slowly and thoughtfully. The concluding three paragraphs need to be thoroughly digested.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/29/13 - 10:19 pm
I printed coupons and brought

I printed coupons and brought them to our local Walmart and the cashier said they don't accept them. I can't afford to be printing them out and some cashier arbitrarily gives me a hard time about it. Do they take them or don't they? Reminds me of the time we spent four hours in the commissary couponing and the new cashier rings everything up and we ask, "why aren't you ringing up the coupons we just handed to you?" (I saw the coupon owner hand them to her) She says "what coupons"? and despite a "show" of a search, they are "nowhere to be found". We didn't go back for nearly a year we were so upset. If it had been my place to say something, I would have had a long talk with her supervisor, but I had to defer to the needs of the person with me in this case. She was exhausted already by the time she handed the cashier the coupons.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 10:45 pm
Did you print Walmart

Did you print Walmart coupons, or from other sites?

I've never had a problem getting Walmart to accept Walmart coupons.

A lot of places won't accept printed ones from other sites because there's been so much fraud.

The Walmart coupons clearly say "Walmart" on them.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 10:49 pm
I guess Lilly is a Hillary

I guess Lilly is a Hillary fan.

I know some people really like her, but not me.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 10:50 pm
Hey, remember that photo of

Hey, remember that photo of Markie Post and Linda Bloodworth-Thomas jumping on the Lincoln bed in the White House?

You just can't hide trash.

And they were good buddies of Bill and Hillary.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/29/13 - 11:32 pm
About Coupons and Store Cards

Lots of excitement about coupons today. I've never used one in my life unless it was some kind of mail-in thing...and few of those. I hate coupons and the store cards you have to have at most grocery stores unless you want to get screwed. I reluctantly get store cards because if you don't the stores abuse you almost to the point of the Mafia getting their share. Really, something needs to be done.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 11:40 pm
I save too much money, I hate

I save too much money, I hate spending more money than I need to.

If I can buy something at a discount, I do.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/29/13 - 11:52 pm
Coupons A Scam

I submit that coupons are a scam. Those selling a product are making money somehow or they wouldn't be in business.

corgimom
corgimom 12/30/13 - 01:12 am
It's part of their

It's part of their promotional budget.

It's really tough to get consumers to buy a particular item, those big companies spend millions on promotions and advertising.

The people that don't use the coupons- those are the ones they make money on.

robert2410
robert2410 12/30/13 - 06:50 am
Hilliary scares me to but I

Hilliary scares me to but I don't get the Obama is a moderate comment, that simply is not true. And no one is fooled, the reason the dems and their supporters do not want people to keep talking about Obamacare is because elections are coming. We need to keep talking Obamacare each and every day forever, decent Americans should never forget what the democrats have done to us, it is downright criminal and they should be punished severely at the polls in November.

corgimom
corgimom 12/30/13 - 08:31 am
Yes, he is a moderate. I

Yes, he is a moderate.

I know a lot of you don't pay too much attention to what the other Democrats say and do, you're too focused on Obamacare.

But when you read and hear of some of the crap that they sling, oh yeah, he's a moderate.

Something had to be done about health care. There is something wrong when an illness or a sickness, that you can't help, can wipe out everything you've ever worked for.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/30/13 - 08:49 am

And if you didn't purchase health insurance, whose fault is it that you lost everything?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/13 - 08:57 am
Unaffordable Care Act

Raised my rates by 20%. Raised my co pay by 40%. Raised my deductible by 50%, but I can keep the same insurance coverage I've always had!!! What was done will help no one, only inflate the Medicare rolls and the IRS employee base!!! Maybe you didn't realize that it also gives the Govt. the right to withdraw money from your bank account too. Yes, you've won the Kenyan lottery!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/30/13 - 09:01 am
hhhmmm jtf

Is that a trick question?? Give me a few & I might come up with the answer...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/30/13 - 09:05 am
Now... this is scary...

chapen71
chapen71 12/30/13 - 09:22 am
Brian Rothwell

He must be the work of the devil, no christian music to be sung in a hospital.

Do believe that was said when rock and roll music first appeared in our society.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/30/13 - 09:32 am
About the store loyalty cards...

Many advocacy groups across the country will warn you that these types of programs are an invasion of privacy because the true purpose of them is to track an individuals spending. Do you really want your grocery store to know what you drink or how often? What your preferred birth control method might be? What kind of over the counter medicine you use. Do you trust that this information won't be sold?

bye bye privacy...the same thing happens when a store offers a coupon if they can get your email...