Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ALL I CAN SAY is that Fred Russell had a good run. Basically, he was not qualified to be in that position. Always remember the old saying that “you can’t make silk out of a sow’s ear,” which fits Russell to a T. He lasted so long because of the constant bickering among the bumbling commissioners.

WHY WOULD YOU make Mike Blanchard over the IT department when you also have Gary Hewett?

RAVE TO THE Augusta Commission. It is about time it saw the light and fired Fred Russell. Maybe this town can move forward now.

IT IS DISGUSTING the way they treated Fred Russell. They should have given him an opportunity to retire.

FRED RUSSELL IS a good man and he has been a good administrator. His biggest problem is he needs to go to personality school and charm school. He doesn’t need to be so direct. I wish him a lot of luck. I think he’s a fine person.

NOW THAT THEY have fired Fred Russell, they need to fire the commissioners, too.

I DON’T KNOW Fred Russell, but from what I have seen and heard, it was probably time for him to go, but the way it was done was racist and cowardly.

I THINK IT IS an awful thing that the commissioners did that. I think he should run for the mayor of Augusta. He is most humble man down there. Those commissioners need to regroup, including mine.

RAVE FOR The Augusta Chronicle’s sports editors. You finally had a day without Lindsey Vonn in the paper. Thank you.

I THINK THE Augusta Commission is a bunch of bozos. Come election time, I’m going to send them back to the circus.

corgimom
corgimom 12/26/13 - 07:08 pm
"I AM AFRAID I have no

"I AM AFRAID I have no sympathy with those complaining about bus service to get to the reform school at the Tubman Education Center. Look, you got yourself kicked out of your assigned school for bad behavior, so you don’t deserve special treatment regarding bus service."

They are practicing for later life, when they graduate from Tubman Reformatory to real jail and prison.

corgimom
corgimom 12/26/13 - 07:12 pm
"CAN’T YOU PRINT the fact

"CAN’T YOU PRINT the fact that Scott Dean cannot be let out of prison unless his accuser is arrested for false statements made under oath since she recanted her accusation of molestation against him. This was explained in an article in your newspaper."

They already HAVE printed it, some people just don't want to accept it. They think that the judicial system should change for THEM.

Unless something changes, he's staying in prison, and I wish the AC would stop printing the comments about him. They are boring and repetitious, and accomplish nothing.

harley_52
harley_52 12/26/13 - 08:04 pm
"They are boring and repetitious, and accomplish nothing."

Well, if that's to be the standard for disallowing posts this place will be a ghost town.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/26/13 - 09:57 pm
harley

HoRaaaaaaaa

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/27/13 - 06:13 am
Whats this I hear

The Rev Al is on his way to Florida to stage an angry demonstration.

May be he thinks there is some $$$$ he missed. So he announced an "End of Year" race baiting donation drive to free them of any extra $$$$ they may have after Christmas.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/27/13 - 06:37 am
Could Not Agree more

"I AM AFRAID I have no sympathy with those complaining about bus service to get to the reform school at the Tubman Education Center. "

There is a reason it is call punishment.
Punishment is used to teach a lesson when people deviate from NORMAL behavior. Making punishment like normal life is not teaching a lesson.

In this case the lesson actually has two people that are being taught a lesson.

1.) the Brat might learn to behave because life become harder when you fail to do so.
2.) Sometimes the Brat Owner/Keeper housing him or her, also learns a lesson. That teaching the BRAT proper and NORMAL Social Behavior and enforcing it is easier that getting up every school morning at 4:30AM to get the BRAT to school.
---------------------------

BTW: I personally would vote against wasting the limited Educational $$$$ that the RCBOE has in it budget on this when there are so many Good Students willing to behave in class and learn. Good Student that do not wish to be the next generation of Hamburger flippers.

Besides
The RCBOE and the Parents of behaving Students have already met the BRATS an the person housing them 1/2 way, by providing a 2nd Chance School that costs Millions to remodel and operate? In my day, once you got your tail kicked out of school, you either went to RYDC/YDC for the crime, or if lucky, got to stay in your room and study, hoping to keep up and pass the school year and/or avoid summer school.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/27/13 - 06:43 am
Gimme a break

Now someone tell me the Emperor and his administration aren't racist. How many stories have we heard where the races were reversed and nothing was said.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/27/13 - 06:46 am
Fed up and tired of the same problems year after year?

Changing the faces of the ARC commission is not the answer.

Consider changing the ARC Charter
Establish a legal process that allows Taxpayers to demand adherence to a strict Ethics code and limited authority and TAXPAYER clearly defined expected responsibilities and duties.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/27/13 - 07:51 am
Analysis

Ranter #4 said:

Then Corgimom responded:

I think Corgimom got it right. But in those movies about the big house, they show the prisoners arriving and leaving by buses filled with other prisoners. So maybe providing taxpayer-funded bus service to reform school will accustom them to a future in the big house.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/27/13 - 08:48 am
Roadkill, went to the site

Roadkill, went to the site and read the story. Mr. Barrett should receive more than ten years in jail. Knocking out a 79 year old man and all the damage he did was horrible and the defense that he is bipolar would not fly with me. Knockout is mainly a black on white crime but should be treated just the same as this one is going to be. Prosecution has to start somewhere and I am glad it has.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/27/13 - 08:58 am
JRC said "Knockout is mainly

JRC said "Knockout is mainly a black on white crime but should be treated just the same as this one is going to be."

So tell me then why they chose to wait for white on black before deciding to charge someone with a hate crime????

john
john 12/27/13 - 09:26 am
knockout

RK its kind of like getting unsportsmanlike penalties in Football. Its always the guy who gets hit and punches back that gets the flag. Now Im not defending this numbskull. He should be in jail. I do see the irony in the federal govt finding the one white guy who does this. lol. Its only a hate crime when its whitey.

john
john 12/27/13 - 09:27 am
They?

We are the They who can fire the commision. Vote!

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/27/13 - 09:31 am
"chose to wait for white on

"chose to wait for white on black before deciding to charge someone with a hate crime"

Exactly. I left the same comment on CNN yesterday. BIG story on CNN.com yesterday. All previous incidents of blacks attacking whites and it was pretty much crickets from CNN and NOBODY charged by the DOJ with a hate crime. Classic example of media bias AND Eric Holder/DOJ bias.

No question this was a hate crime.......no question all of the rest have been hate crimes. Of course, this follows Eric Holder's instructions to his DOJ employees to "only enforce the civil rights of minorities". Obama must be so proud of him.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/27/13 - 09:36 am
Anyone get lucky?

Anyone get one of those deals Delta had yesterday? Round trip to Hawaii for under $50.00.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/27/13 - 09:47 am
JTF

Sometimes I wonder if they do that with the rates just to lure some to their web site.....I heard that the lucky folks could keep the rates.... some as low as $7.50.

harley_52
harley_52 12/27/13 - 10:09 am
"....its kind of like...

....getting unsportsmanlike penalties in Football."

That would be true IF you're willing to admit that the referees are intentionally making bad calls favoring one side over the other.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/13 - 10:16 am
Hawaii for fifty bucks

Hawaii for fifty bucks. Wowza. I can't even go to Ludowici for that.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/27/13 - 10:25 am
Ludowici

Maybe on a moped you could.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/27/13 - 10:26 am
The Shakedown of the Ducks..

Read this & understand why we lose our jobs in the USA....take your head out of the sand & listen up....please...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson is really in no position to claim moral superiority in this situation, or any other for that matter. He is a known shakedown artist who uses controversial situations to extort money from corporations that his Rainbow PUSH group uses to finance an agenda of racial division, and to pay hush money to cover up Jackson's own moral failings.

It was revealed in 2001 that Jackson was the father of a "love child" born to a former staffer, Karen Stafford, in May of 1999. According to media reports at the time, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition paid Stanford $15,000 in moving expenses and $21,000 in payment for contracting work. An additional advance of $40,000 for contract work to be performed at a later date was withdrawn after news of the affair became public. Jackson was paying Stafford $4,000 a month in child support as of 2001, but according to some media reports he is now more than $11,000 behind on those payments.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ole Jesse needs to clean his own house & catch up on the child support...imo

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/13 - 10:27 am
Emergency This Morning

I started typing this post on the year in review about downtown and my keyboard went out. Things went crazy and I couldn't save my comment. I figured Countyman knew what I was typing and put a virus hex on my keyboard. Anyway, I end up in Walmart at 8 AM making small talk with a cashier that I secretly feel superior to, but not in a bad way. When I feel superior to folks, I'm generally more relaxed and nicer to them. Anyway, I get home and realize it needs triple A batteries instead of double A. I look all over the house and find my lost favorite pen, but no batteries. As I looked down at the box, I happen to see a little plastic bag with batteries. Whew. I got my post up finally. Life is challenging at times.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/13 - 10:30 am
JTF, I only use my moped when

JTF, I only use my moped when my license is suspended for drunk driving or something.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/27/13 - 10:33 am
OMG sometimes you leave me breathless!!

When I feel superior to folks, I'm generally more relaxed and nicer to them.

My mouth is open & my mind is reading it again just to be sure I read it right the first time....damn :)

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/27/13 - 10:36 am
Government at it's finest

So, there is this huge water main leak in ATL at Ponce de Leon and Piedmont. Been leaking since August...AUGUST. Hundreds of millions of drinking water down the drain. Now, when it freezes every night, the Gov't sends a truck out with salt to melt the ice. So, fix it already right? Nope, Ponce is a federal highway and needs permission from the Feds to fix it. Since August! Still waiting....
Yeah, let them run healthcare.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/13 - 10:38 am
Put Jesse On A Duck Dynasty Show

Seenit :), it would be funny if Duck Dynasty would have Jackson on a show. Talk to him about their beliefs and all. Take him hunting. Have Uncle Si talk with him. Maybe let him meet their mixed race adopted son.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/27/13 - 10:38 am
Rare Event

"When I feel superior to folks, I'm generally more relaxed and nicer to them." So, I take it you're normally a pretty uptight person???

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/27/13 - 10:38 am
The lake is over full

We have water to spare...haha...the lake is flowing & filled to the brim.....why worry over a fewdrops since AUGUST....yeh, idiots run this world now....amazing.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/27/13 - 10:40 am
"This place will be a Ghost Town," So? At least

the, ALL the comments will be salient!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/27/13 - 10:40 am
Now that was clever JTF...FUNNNNIE!!

So, I take it you're normally a pretty uptight person???

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/13 - 10:48 am
"So, I take it you're

"So, I take it you're normally a pretty uptight person???"

Well, pretty women make me hesitate a little bit, but I can overcome it. Around my boss my jokes don't flow well. Well, yeah, the more I think about it, I find a very few people I feel superior to. That must be why I remember them.

If y'all hurry to the Evans' Walmart you can see this woman I was talking to and see how she makes you feel. She was about 40 and wore glasses, not bad looking, but I assume she's poor working there and I figured I could impress her with money or something and make her feel inferior. I used my gold MasterCard. (Does that mean anything?) She was going out of her way to be real friendly with me early in the morning so I figured she wanted me. That immediately puts me in a superior position.

Documents shed light on Azziz resignation

Dr. Ricardo Azziz will get an additional $25,000 in support during a year of education leave that follows his resignation, and his salary after that year would be 65 percent of his current pay, or ...