Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Today's pic is of a rabbit "right outside my back door - this is the baby - Mom and Dad are hanging around too" says TrulyWorried. Thanks for sending in these photos. If you have a photo you want to see here, send me an email. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com Have a good day everybody. - Sean  TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried

THE HILTON HEAD Island, S.C., free clinic is one of the best examples in the nation of how a free clinic operates. It can now handle 33,000 patient visits a year covering family practice, dental, eye care and mental health treatment. You just wait and see how the government will find ways to shut down these free clinics like the Hilton Head Island one.

THOUGH IT’S VERY touching to see the president and first lady visit for 40 minutes with those on hunger strike to protest the stalled immigration legislation, I wonder if he reminded the protesters that those immigrants entered the country illegally in the first place and therefore will have to wait until a legal equitable solution is found. I don’t see how their protest will help speed up the solution in any way, but it does provide a venue for the liberals to hang out.

YOU READ SO much in the papers of young people in trouble, so it’s gratifying to see some good news for a change. Carter Harwell, 13, is the best example of this good news where he has joined an elite group by earning every merit badge the Boy Scouts of America offers. His achievement has come from hard work and dedication. Congratulations, young man.

REGARDING THE story on the Augusta Commission members travel per diem record: Of the 10 members, the five black members have taken more trips (46) and nights out of town (119) and received more tax money ($17,234.29) in per diem expenses than the five white members (21 trips, 40 nights and $5,225.01). Am I being a racist in noticing this, or is it because they spend more time doing their job than the white members?

THE REAL TRUTH of the Affordable Care Act is that the insurance companies choose to claim they can’t keep the law and choose to kick off people from coverage, even when the president said people could keep that older coverage. So why don’t you ask your insurance company how dare they just dump people off?

THEY REALLY FIRED Fred Russell. Does that mean the commission can do the budget without dipping into reserves? Can we stop any garbage increase nonsense? They already got almost double with cutting the pickups to only once a week.

CAN SOMEONE please announce truthfully to us how long the buses will shut down for Christmas and New Year’s? We workers need to be able to plan ahead and save money for taxi rides.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/16/13 - 08:40 pm
Ah fresh R&R Meat Today

Obamacare exists because it is named after OBAMA.
There is nothing affordable about it.

Illegals (criminals) greeted by the president for 2014 VOTES.
That pretty much sums it up the DIM's are willing to over look Criminals if they can pull in votes in 2014. While taxpayers foot their bills.

It surprised me how many TD's the respectful comments about Carter Harwell got when the article 1st ran. I guess some people have a problem with anything that demonstrates and teaches Morals, Honor, Respect, GOD, community pride and Country.

Some will say they only happen to be black commissioners. Others will say whats new they are wasting Taxpayer money all the time.

Only the Deaf and Blind still believe OBAMA and his promises.
Notice I did not say the dead Dim's that are till voting in Chicago, Detroit, NYC, Boston, Ohio, and etc..

Fred was a Firewall for many of the Commissioners (not all)
The Commissioners that voted for NATIONAL Trash Companies to displace Local guys will give rewarded... it is a process that has been fine tuned and repeated in Dozens of GA counties. There is $$$ and more Rates increases and changes in services, if they follow the usual game plan.

Call the Augusta Transit office for details or look at their web page
I see NO SERVICE ON HOLIDAYS when I click on any of the 9 Route Maps. BTW: this is how it has been for YEARS.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/16/13 - 08:40 pm
A story I would like to comment on but is AP provided

"NSA phone record collection ruled unconstitutional"
By FREDERIC J. FROMMER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge ruled Monday that the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone records violates the Constitution's ban on unreasonable searches, but put his decision on hold pending a near-certain government appeal."

Question: If it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL why the delay that allows continued collection?

Why not issue an injunction barring the activity, while the Fed's appeal?

Or have the Federal court judges become too Politically scared to enforce the US Constitution and the 4th Amendment?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/16/13 - 08:40 pm
Puzzled by the lack of response

Rick McKee
One the best Political satire and sharp Cartoonists I have seen in a long time has won an INTERNATIONAL award for Best Cartoon.

Mr. Mckee
You are a Great local talent that has some much overdue praise. http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/metro/2013-12-16/chronicle-cartoonists...

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/16/13 - 08:43 pm
T-minus

99 days

Today starts day 1 of 99 things I will miss or not miss about ARC.

# 1
I will miss fishing on the Savannah River and Spirit Creek.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/16/13 - 10:29 pm
"Or have the Federal court

"Or have the Federal court judges become too Politically scared to enforce the US Constitution"

Think about it.......SCOTUS...Chief Justice.....Obamacare...the complete destruction of our health care system....a government takeover of 1/6 of our economy......the government forcing citizens to buy something they don't want.....from a limited number of vendors. Did you see any of that in the Constitution? If there was EVER anything unconstitutional it's Obamacare. But somehow, POOF...we're in a pile of crap.

deestafford
deestafford 12/17/13 - 01:10 am
It wasn't touching to me...

It was touching to me for the president and his wife to go and meet with a bunch of lawbreakers. It was demeaning to the office but cowtowing is something this president does well.

As far as illegals go what makes anyone believe they have a RIGHT to come and stay in this country? Their is no such right!!

iaaffg
iaaffg 12/17/13 - 06:44 am
no wonder augusta has been,

no wonder augusta has been, is, and will always remain a non-city, a non-entity, a non-anything: evidently the 'commissioners' feel it is more important to spend taxpayer's monies on junkets and supposed 'business' out of town than staying in town and actually doing anything to solve the many, many problems the area has. if you are out of town, you can't be taking care of the business in town that needs to be addressed. the taxpayers of richmond county are either idiots or they love having it up the wazoo on a daily basis, and, evidently, believe the commissioners who tell them they aren't really peeing on their legs, it's only rain.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/13 - 07:23 am
Travel Can Be A Chore

Bill Lockett travels a lot, but I believe he tries to learn city-county management methods. Like he said, he's willing to meet for subcommittees anytime. Sure he gets into minute details of matters, but that's his personality and thoroughness. Those of us who have traveled more than we wanted will tell you it's not that much fun. Anytime I could leave a day early, I jumped at the chance. Know what I mean?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/17/13 - 08:40 am
ITAD - Loved it...

It is worth posting to put it in the Augusta Chronicle archives.
Thus making it part of history, showing how Blindly Driven and Demanding Socialists and Liberals can be in doing something without worrying or understanding the harm it causes.

Dr. Barbara Bellar truly summed up Obamacare in one sentence.

" Let me get this straight. (This is a long sentence.)
We’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don’t, which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that’s broke.

So, what the _____ could possibly go wrong?”

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 08:37 am
I just wonder sometimes

If for some reason nocnoc doesn't move away.....will he give us the reasons everyday about why he is staying put....just wondering out loud here...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 08:46 am
BIG NEWS

Brian the dog is still alive....I can cancel that contract I put on Seth now.....that dog makes the show....I love a martini drinking dog...♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 08:43 am
After the win tonight

After I win the mega I can't promise I will continue posting here...I will try but Lordy it will be hard to do.... some will understand what happens when you become filthy rich...& some will just give me more downers...but, that is life.
There are some places in the CSRA I want to improve .....many places & I plan to do that.....really---honest injun.....promise.

harley_52
harley_52 12/17/13 - 08:48 am
"But somehow, POOF...we're in a pile of crap."

There is a theory about that presents the possibility that Chief Justice Roberts was blackmailed into finding a way to support the Constitutionality of Obamacare by the Obama Administration who were threatening to destroy him by releasing some damning information about him/his family. Chicago politics in action.

Some think the blackmail politics are pretty widespread during the Obama Administration and is the method in progress to get lots of things done in Washington, D.C. especially within the senior leadership of the military.

With Roberts, the rumor has it that it pertained to some illegal strings being pulled with adoption procedures he used to obtain a couple of Irish children.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/17/13 - 09:00 am
Yes there will be things I miss about the South Side

Never did I say, I did not have reasons to stay.
1 major reason would have been to SAVE THE 8.

People can say what they want about the Augusta CBD. But Augusta DOWNTOWN is a Vampire and the County has become its blood bank.

It is time for Augusta to start sharing, instead of taking.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 09:01 am
nocnoc

Tell me what you will miss the most....please.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 09:06 am
Cut the crap Riverman

You won't take anything OVER 50 million...nahhhh...manure my friend.....blow that smoke somewhere else....really.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 09:12 am
BTW...what color is Santa Claus?

I can't believe the riff going on about Fox News & the color of Santa.....why can't he be any color the child wants......blue if that is what the kid wants him too be....geez....Kelly just say you were mistaken & he is many colors like a chameleon...changes with the kid in his lap...
DANG..the things that get folks riled...

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/17/13 - 09:14 am
If I won the MEGA

ah what the heck it will never happen.
BUT IF,

Setup an LLC

1/4 invested in GA Banks
1/4 stored around the stable Nations of the world banks

1/4 to setup:
100k a year (plus a real COLA) for our 30 year Retirement account.

Private Educational trust fund for future generations of the family.

1/4
For a Charity that seeks out real GA rural people that just need a leg up and not a hand out.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/17/13 - 09:37 am
SIB4 - #98

The one thing I will really miss, besides the memories of what was, as I drive around.

It would have to be
The Community Fabric the South Side had as I was growing up.
There is no longer a South Side Community Fabric that sews us together. It is now mainly a collection of strangers moving in and out every few years.

No one seems to have serious Generational Ties to the South Side Dirt.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 09:45 am
I understand that nocnoc

I kicked my feet in that Ga clay many times....our road wasn't paved in the 50s....it was hard to ride a bike but kicking sand was easy to do...I miss that part too noc...really, I do.

Now I have to get busy & leave for appts...btw SM I do have a great pic of my pet beaver that I can't put on here but I did put it on fb in a certain hide away place of Joes/s ...you wouldn't use it on here anyways..so why am I wasting my breath or types on here....cute as can be though.....:):)
see yall later!

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/17/13 - 09:48 am
nocnoc, That happens when the

nocnoc, That happens when the area grows. Just look at all the new areas and houses. Sorry to see you go even though I do not know where you live.

harley_52
harley_52 12/17/13 - 10:41 am
"so why am I wasting my breath or types on here....."

I'm guessing it's because you're curious what kind of comments will follow your announcement that you have pictures of your beaver you'd like to post.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/17/13 - 11:37 am
Today's pic

TrulyWorried sent in today's pic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/13 - 12:15 pm
Harley, heh, heh, heh. I was

Harley, heh, heh, heh. I was thinking THAT, too.

I copied Nocnoc's list of things to do if I win the lottery tonight. I said I couldn't handle more than 50 mil, but maybe I can if I follow his list.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/17/13 - 12:21 pm
LOL@ harley

You rascal, you.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/17/13 - 12:22 pm
Lottery money??

Buy the Braves!! Or maybe Nick Saban.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/17/13 - 12:28 pm
The hate filled and bitter "left"

"Indeed. As we noted yesterday, it seems that many leftists in this country seem to be psychologically disturbed that there is one television channel which is not controlled by Democratic partisans and therefore they seek to turn even the tiniest molehills into mountains when it comes to Fox News. The entire segment was a joke and for people to pretend otherwise speaks negatively of their intelligence or their honesty.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/12/13/megyn-kelly-re...

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/17/13 - 01:24 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/13 - 01:44 pm
Not really harley..

I'm playing with Sean because he can see the pics in another venue....& he knows the lawyers would be coming out of the woodwork for "some" of the pics....hahah...but the beaver would be cute....:)