Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I left Rambo in my chair while I went to the kitchen. As soon as I got in the kitchen, my husband called me to come look at Rambo. He was checking out my keyboard and monitor.
  Happychimer
Happychimer

IT’S A NONSENSE comment about how loved ones of convicted people are hurting. The courts have hashed things all out over Scott Dean. It is better to aim your efforts to beg for a reduced sentence. Constantly bashing the girl who made the original comments and then turned around her comments is not going to help anyone.

WHY HAVE A DOG if you keep it chained up or never spend any time with it? It is so sad to see one chained up in 100-degree or 30-degree weather, rain, snow or shine. Yes, it is fed, but what kind of life does it live? Let someone adopt it that will give it a safe home and show it some love.

THE NEW FONTS in the paper are very hard to read. You need to go back to the way it was before.

MAYBE THE BOARD of Regents will realize that Dr. Ricardo Azziz does not always tell the truth. Maybe they’ll wake up.

SOMEONE NEEDS to give Dr. Azziz a course on How to Tell the Truth 101.

THANK GOODNESS they are finally realizing they need to cut down on food stamps. Food stamps would only be for the elderly and the disabled. Young mothers ought to be getting out and working instead of depending on the taxpayers to take care of their kids.

RANT TO A LOCAL company. How long are you going to let an employee work there who had threatened to shoot two workers on two occasions? Are you going to wait for this to happen?

IF YOU ARE TIRED of loud commercials on television and radio, call the FCC. Maybe if enough people call, we will get something done.

TO THE PERSON telling us to get off Food Stamps. I am 59 years old and just diagnosed with severe COPD. I can’t do the work I’ve always done now; I looked for work and am still looking. The EBT has been a godsend to us. Thank you so much for your Christian compassion.

IT WAS INTERESTING to read that there is more pill popping going on with Columbia County students than with Richmond County students. Mind you, the pill popping has not affected the Columbia County academic achievement level when compared to Richmond County. I wonder how Columbia County and Richmond County compare to the nation in pill popping and marijuana use?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/11/13 - 06:41 pm
Pill popping vs Weed

Simple answer, because, it is easier for a kid steal a few of Mommies bennies, Traqs, & perks, than it is to pinch mama's weed.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/11/13 - 06:44 pm
The Board of Regents are very happy with President AZZZZZ

MCG and AC no longer exist and they can be managed from ATLANTA
now. It was Political Control and Power Play from day one.

Which also explains Deals "help" and all the smoke that was blown up our _____ about this.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/13 - 08:51 pm
Just Diagnosed With Severe COPD

" I am 59 years old and just diagnosed with severe COPD."

That's a disease that takes years to develop and is usually caused by smoking. But you went from being well to severe COPD. Very interesting.

Lakeside95 12/12/13 - 12:34 am
Scott Dean

Yep, horrible about how everyone is suffering. Horrible. It must be awful to hear about this case so much.

Now, think about how horrible it is to hear about, then multiply by millions. That's how horrible it is to be an innocent man in prison.

Next Wednesday the courts have the opportunity to give Scott Dean some justice. We hope the Judge hearing the Habeas will give Scott the new trial he deserves.

The trial that Judge Blanchard should have granted with his state-given judicial discretion. Yet he again caved to political pressure.

Perhaps someone with brains, who doesn't 'owe' anyone will run and be elected to replace Blanchard.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 12/12/13 - 01:01 am
COPD, the latest disease

COPD, the latest disease these pharmaceutical companies have come up with to advertise on TV all day long so people will go to the doctor and get on the latest drug. Sorry, I'm not buying this whole COPD thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 06:05 am
Chained up dog 24/7

What a sad life for an animal....I can see why some dogs go bat crazy...& some birds pluck their feathers out....it is like torture to them.....sad.

KSL
KSL 12/12/13 - 06:23 am
Ranter 6

What was the difference before and the difference after your diagnosis? You worked and then you didn't have to work? Did you ever smoke? Are we older citizens supposedto pick up the tab for your mistakes?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 06:29 am
COPD

Did you live with a smoker....sometimes the sick person is not the smoker.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 06:32 am
Sorry I missed the duel last night

The duel with Riverman & Austin, who did yall THINK I was talking about?? haha

River needs to brush up on his dueling skills...he seems to be popular these days....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 07:00 am
Riverwalk

So the inmates are cleaning up Riverwalk....FINALLY....what took ya so long to go with that suggestion??
coldbeer & seenit ask..

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/12/13 - 07:00 am
Dang

I missed it, too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 07:14 am
Lilly

I'm not sure what happened but Sean said they needed a room ....soooo, that plays havoc with my mind.....room for what?? haha---gambling---playing games--having dinner---so many options.
:):)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/12/13 - 07:22 am
That's what

I was thinking hehehe

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 07:28 am
Thanks RM..my laugh for the day

He said ..

"Austin, if there is one thing I know is the etiquette of the Chronicle boards"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and he has the knocks & bruises to prove that statemnet..lol

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/12/13 - 07:36 am
Paint Ball Guns at 20 paces

Every one bets $1 on their Pick for winner
All proceeds go to the winner charity pick.

Like the Local Rock Jock Jimmy J.
Pie in the face charity fund raiser and Chief Beck of years past.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/12/13 - 07:45 am
$1

On RM
Monies go to getting a room!

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/12/13 - 07:45 am
Regarding Scott Dean

It will have to wait until around RE-Election time when the Judge and/or DA see they need a boost in the polls.

Some how I get the feeling, if Dean agreed to NOT sue the County for Wrongful Prosecution and the agreed to recite a pre-written press statement on release

"I am Thankful I have been released, I own so much to the many people in the DA's and Judge ______ office for making this happen."

But getting a new trial is only fair at this point.

BTW:
What is the status of a HIGHER GA Court appeal?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/12/13 - 07:48 am
It seems to be a crap shoot

When you are tried - 20 years for this, nothing for that!

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/12/13 - 07:48 am
The larger question

What was Sean doing up and monitoring the content at that time of night?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 07:51 am
JTF

Sean has to get his thrills where ever he can..hahaha

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 08:09 am
Chief Beck

I remember the years he was Sheriff of Richmond county...some thought he was too tough but I liked him.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 08:40 am
Tea Party will lose this..imo

ATLANTA - The Atlanta Tea Party is planning to file a lawsuit challenging the Braves stadium deal with Cobb County.

Debbie Dooley, founder of the Atlanta Tea Party, said that her group is challenging the county's use of public money to help build and maintain the new $672 million. The stadium, along with an adjacent $400 million mixed-use development, is scheduled to be constructed near I-75 and I-285 in Cobb County in time for the 2017 season. Under the terms of the agreement, the county is responsible for about 45 percent -- $300 million -- of the stadium costs.

"They could have avoided all of this by doing it the right way," Dooley said. "They chose not to. They thought that they would catch everyone sleeping."

A Cobb County spokesman told FOX 5 that there will not be a comment until a lawsuit is filed.

Read more: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/24197867/tea-party-plans-lawsuit-chall...
Follow us: @FOX5Atlanta on Twitter | FOX5Atlanta on Facebook

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/12/13 - 09:09 am
New photo

I just posted a photo of Happychimer's snake Rambo. I already have one for tomorrow as well. If you have a photo you want me to post on R&R, send me an email. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com
I'm going to assume that it is okay to post your user name with the photo. If you don't want me to post it make sure and let me know in the email. have a good day everybody!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 09:11 am
Animals with no escape

Read it & weep....if you can do this to an animal....could you do this to a human too?

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/12/13 - 09:20 am
Last night

I shouldn't have told them to get a room. I was a little irritated about having to remove a bunch of comments at 11:30pm when I was trying to go to bed.
A couple of people reported their comments., and I usually check my email and briefly check the comments before I go to bed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/13 - 09:29 am
We understand Sean

I get irritated too when they get so funny on here & i get back up OUT OF BED to check their posts...hah

An addiction that won't go away but I'm working on it...

see yall later folks.

KSL
KSL 12/12/13 - 09:44 am
seenit

Get a pad!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/12/13 - 09:53 am
It is difficult to compare

It is difficult to compare today against yesteryear. When I was a child, we qualified for medicaid, food stamps, welfare, and whatever else public assistance by today's standards. (In other words, we were 'po and I was too young to know what programs were available in the 50's and 60's)
However, we did not take a dime. In those days people had pride and most would only take their neighbor's money when all else failed. They understood that it was wrong to have the government take from people who earned it, to give to people who hadn't. Welfare was SHAMEFUL!

We made do because we had a garden, and family with a farm. We worked all summer to fill the freezer for winter. While my buddies were at the swimming hole, I was shelling butterbeans, shucking corn, drying peaches and apples on pieces of tin roofing laid out across sawhorses, etc. The cannery was two blocks away next to the school gym, and I would push wheelbarrows full of tomatoes down there with Grandmama to be processed and canned. In the late fall, pecans started falling. For Christmas money, my brother and I would pick up pecans for ~$0.10/lb. Do you know how many pecans it takes to earn $10? Once it got cold, Uncle Gene would slaughter hogs. Mama and Grandmama would go help and get a portion for the freezer. We chirren played outside and put up with the stink. (cooking the chitterlings and rendering the fat stunk to high heavens)

So, do you liberals get a sense of why people like me have little patience for those whose very existence depends not on themselves, but on the federal government forcibly taking from the productive to give to them?

I started by saying it is difficult to compare to days gone by. It is, I understand that; but our public assistance system encourages and enables people to take the path of least resistance. What if we gradually phased it out? What would people do as they began REALLY feeling the pinch? Turn to crime or turn to family? Both likely, but I wager you would see a lot fewer illegitimate births and illegal immigrants coming here to get on the government teat.

As far as the COPD person, I don't know if they are legit or not; I wish them well if they are sincere. However, there is so much abuse of the disability system with people looking for a free ride, that is is understandable for people to be skeptical.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/12/13 - 10:06 am
Chained dogs

It infuriates me to see that. At our last home we had a neighbor (a surgeon at Doctor's who will remain unnamed) who had two shepherds chained in the backyard. They had these igloo looking doghouses for shelter, but were chained 24/7. In the 5 or so years before we moved, I never saw those dogs walked or attended to beyond putting out food and water. WHY??????? Why have them at all? These dogs barked incessantly (understandable), and would break loose occasionally, wandering the neighborhood. I just started calling animal control, in hopes that if the dogs were too much aggravation they would get rid of them.
And now you have the thug wannabes with Pit Bulls. It is fashionable to walk them through the neighborhoods, so at least they get occasional attention and exercise.

happychimer
19392
happychimer 12/12/13 - 10:58 am
Pits can be very loving and

Pits can be very loving and gentle pets. My daughter has one that they consider a family member. She plays with the kids, and loves to play ball. She is well taken care of and loved. That dog thinks that everyone who comes to that house came to play ball with her. The kids play video games, and that dog is right there with them. So the breed is not the problem. Pits require a lot of attention and love. It's all in how the family treats the dog. This dog is considered family.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen