Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVE FOR THE Lump­kin Road tag office and especially Vickie Marsee, who was so pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient while I renewed my registrations this year. She clearly explained the new laws and saved me a lot of money and a headache. I never thought I would be raving about any office dealing with licenses or taxes. I am now.

CAN I GET A FREE tree? I am a disabled veteran of Vietnam. You all abandoned us during the war, and America abandoned us after the war. You’re giving away these trees to soldiers. How come I can’t get a free tree?

ARE YOU KIDDING me? Raise taxes again? If you would use our tax money wisely instead of wasting it, there would be plenty of money.

THIS IS A RANT for those breaking into homes in the south end of Richmond County. If you are family or friends of these low rents, you might want to share Jesus with them.

IF THE PETER Prin­cipled ruling troika at Glenn Hills High School – led by a Wayne Frazier disciple – cared half as much about their teachers as they do about keeping their jobs next year, then the school would be an incredible place to learn and work. One can only remember what the school used to be like and dream.

PROTESTERS TORE down a statue of Vladimir Lenin (beginning leader of communism) in Kiev, Ukraine. How ironic, a country that was part of the Soviet Union discovers freedom is a lot better than socialism while Obama keeps tells us socialism is better than freedom.

NELSON MANDELA made South Africa communist. He had the Russians help him. This is an absolute disgrace that our flags are half-staff.

I WISH WE COULD fire most of the Augusta Commission members; they actually are the sinking anchors of Augusta and cannot accomplish even minimal tasks.

RANT TO THE Rich­mond County Sheriff’s Office. Running families off Warren Road looking at Christmas lights with blue lights and bull horns is not good community policing; it’s Christmas!

IF YOU’RE NOT GOING to publish any of the Rants & Raves that come in over the phone or over the fax, why do you even bother to print those phone numbers in the paper? You’re being awful judgmental in not considering that some people don’t have a computer.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/11/13 - 09:50 am
Selviesz

hoe about "your president" and The British Priminister taking "selfies" at Mandela's funeral observance??!!""

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/13 - 09:53 am
Why Not Build Football Stadium at Turner Field Location?

I wonder why the Turner Field site can't be used for the new football stadium? They could even reuse some of the construction materials.

harley_52
harley_52 12/11/13 - 10:00 am
"Can we bring duels back."

Personally, I think duels served a fine purpose, but I doubt they'll be back as a legally sanctioned method of solving disagreements.

Similarly, I'm afraid the days of people minding their own business are pretty much gone as well.

Such a pity.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/13 - 10:04 am
Bulletin bulletin

I pay for this slot each & every month....also, I pay taxes in 4 counties (guess where)..only one guy decides what I POST ON HERE...his name is Sean M....I think we all know him well..

Try to promote MORE conversation on here ....but if you duel...use rubber bullets....I like bad boys to show up again!!

seeya later badboys..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/13 - 10:07 am
Ted Turner

Btw...Ted wants green space to fill the ole stadium space..in ajc today..

harley_52
harley_52 12/11/13 - 10:29 am
"I pay for this slot each & every month....

....also, I pay taxes in 4 counties (guess where)..only one guy decides what I POST ON HERE...his name is Sean M....I think we all know him well.."

Why seenitB4, you seem to think my MYOB comment was directed at you? Actually, it wasn't. Guilty conscience?

Yes, within the bounds of what Sean M. deems appropriate for these boards, we all have the right to say whatever we choose. I could be wrong about this, but I think that includes polite disagreement with something posted by someone else.

I hope it does, because I often disagree with some of my favorite posters in here.....and they obviously disagree with me as well.

What would be the point in fighting a duel with rubber bullets? Wouldn't it be easier (and more exciting for the crowd) to just agree with the other dueler beforehand to aim way off target?

Jake
Jake 12/11/13 - 10:43 am
Photos

I like the new photo box that appears in the R&R section. Thanks, Sean, for posting the pictures. It is something else to look forward to each morning.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/11/13 - 10:44 am
Christmas Trees

Riverman posted:

I seriously doubt civilian workers waited until all the military got trees before getting theirs. Just how would the folks passing out trees know if all the military had gotten theirs?

Right. If I were handing out free trees on a military base, I would give them to everyone who asked. You never know whose boss or secretary they are, and the job gets over quicker if no questions asked. I'm sure the tree handlers didn't ask for I.D.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/11/13 - 10:45 am
Job Evaluation

A couple of months ago we Richmond County citizens were greeted with the news that after ten years the commission was going to get together and write up a job performance evaluation on the city administrator:

Committed

Maybe the commissioners could not agree on writing an evaluation and decided to fire him in order to take the easy way out.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/11/13 - 11:14 am
South Side Break-ins

'If you are family or friends of these low rents, you might want to share Jesus with them."

I keep praying for the chance to share some .40 S&W with them. I don't want to share Jesus with them....I want to get them a personal interview with him.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/11/13 - 11:26 am
Lights

I'll bet those Christmas lights on Warren Road (along with the sheriff cruisers’ flashing blue lights) were pretty in the fog on Monday night.

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/11/13 - 12:11 pm
LOL! The nature picture of the deer didn't seem to calm harley!

Love to see him 'duel' with other commenters. Harley, don't take it so personal! :)

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/11/13 - 01:44 pm
Riverman1 @ 9:53

I think all of this "new "statiums" is a bunch of waste of money!! I wonder if they are playing the same game as Project Jackson in North Augusta?? I was shocked when the old Yankee Stadium was distruoried, now the Astrodome, Atlanta ( George ) Dome, andCandlestick Park!! Are these places REALLY in that bad of shape??!!

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/11/13 - 02:12 pm
@ Jake 10:43

I like the photos too. If you have one you'd like me to post, send me an email. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/11/13 - 02:12 pm
snake

Maybe Happychimer will send in one of her snake.

happychimer
19617
happychimer 12/11/13 - 07:27 pm
Sean I have my favorite of

Sean I have my favorite of Rambo. I will send it to you.

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.