Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FELLOW HOCKEY FANS, enough of us could not go because we just could not afford it, no matter how you phrase that the tickets were affordable. I know there are expenses involved with everything, and I did like hockey and enjoyed the games I attended. But we just could not afford it all the time. But don’t blame us for not being able to jump up the numbers and money.

THE PROBLEM WITH the Affordable Health Care is that the insurance companies do not want to have to cover cancer expenses or to be told they can’t cancel because of cancer expense “limitations” they want to impose. So they think they can now legally just kick people off insurance and that should not be right. The people without insurance need to buy it or pay penalties. I’m tired of paying for them.

HOW DARE ANYONE criticize that there were only about 300 people attending downtown Veterans Day? The city yanked the buses so that a lot of vets themselves who could not attend.

THE GOVERNMENT should take tobacco from the tobacco companies and give them the marijuana, and the government should take the marijuana from the Mexican drug smugglers and give them the tobacco.

YOUR ARTICLE ABOUT Dorothy Chancey in the Your Faith section of the paper was so inspiring. Being a pianist for Blythe Baptist Church for the past 49 years is no small feat, but Dorothy did achieve it without complaint. Also, she has to be admired for what she does with money she receives from playing the piano at nonchurch events. She plows that money back into buying items that the church needs. Dorothy, you are an inspiration to all of us.

WILL MUSCHAMP SAYS the loss by Florida to Georgia Southern was an embarrassment. An embarrassment is when the better team gets beat by an inferior team. In this case, Georgia Southern was the far superior team, dominating all phases of the game. The only thing Florida has to be embarrassed about is paying over a half million dollars for a spanking.

IF PEOPLE WOULD keep their animals in their own yards, the animal control people would not have to keep coming to my house to pick up animals every time you turn around.

THERE SHOULD BE no such thing as minimum wage. The whole world should work on commission. If you do a good job, you will make a nice wage. If you are lazy with a bad attitude, you will starve.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 08:19 pm
Just Came Across Something Troubling About Cyber Command

This article came out in today's "Defense Systems" online. Previously, they were saying it would be built either at Ft. Meade or Ft. Gordon. Now they say this:

"Cyberspace has long been recognized as an important domain for military operations, and the workforce in that field is growing. The Army ‘s Cyber Command is planning to build a new facility at Fort Meade, Md., to accommodate a 1,500-person command center for 45 its worldwide cyber operations."

There was a place for comments so I asked if the location had been decided and if it is actually Ft. Meade. They said after the editor checks my comment it will be published. Maybe I can get a definitive answer tomorrow or the next day if the editor or someone else responds to my question.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/09/13 - 11:24 pm
I need a sign that says "Keep

I need a sign that says "Keep Your Butts Off My Lawn" because I am so tired of picking up cigarette butts from around my lawn, my mailbox, the gutter. Does anyone around here know what an ashtray is? USE it! DON'T LITTER! Maybe if I could set that sign in my yard it would work for the trespassers, too?

ladyfox
ladyfox 12/10/13 - 12:51 am
Fred Russell

I am not a fan of Fred Russell, but give the devil his due. After all the times the commissioners threatened to fire him, they only decide to do it after he says he will retire. Shows what the commissioners are made of. They wanted him gone on their terms and not his so they fire him first. Nothing but spite work!

KSL
KSL 12/10/13 - 01:20 am
On the other hand

He may have long been on borrowed time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/13 - 07:54 am
That meeting

Getting rid of Fred was a big decision...if I had missed that meeting I would not be a happy camper this am...why did some miss it?

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/10/13 - 07:57 am
Big Brother just got a little bigger

The Game Boxes you purchased for you kids.
Those Games (Xbox-PS etc) have Audio channels
Details were released late yesterday that the NSA has been monitoring and recording the digital voices of your kids and those adults that haven't grown up yet, that play them.

The NSA said, these games allowed people to anonymously communicate, and they were looking for Terrorists.

Another tidbit.
Last week Fed's were forced to acknowledge they have been remotely turning on100,'s of 1000's of WebCams, without search warrants, An doing so, in a way that does not indicate your laptop or home webcams were active. If you hit a website that was on their list they attempted to get a picture of you.

The Fed's excuse was.
They needed to be one step ahead of the criminals.

An all this time I though the US Constitution required a Search Warrant according to the 4th amendment. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I guess in a Socialist run Government the people must be monitored.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/10/13 - 07:57 am
SCarolina's Clowney gets 110 mph ticket in SC

He were only that fast on the football field! 3 sacks. Still made 1st team all SEC somehow. Potential, I guess.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/13 - 07:57 am
OMG nocnoc

Game Boxes monitored....computer screen watching us too.....all the things my grandparents said would happen are happening now...uuuggghh

Privacy in our own home has left the building.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/13 - 07:59 am
What is next??

Drones flying over our home collecting data...wait a minute....didn't they say they would have that soon....dang.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/13 - 08:20 am
Question

If you get a note on your locked gate saying the gov needs to come on YOUR property & check for improvements you have made....do you have to obey.....how long can you stall this....how much jail time are we talking about....& where is Arpaio when you need him??

I really would like an answer to this..it is happening to someone close to me...thanks

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/10/13 - 08:07 am
ALeaves

I think they are having meetings at your mailbox & you didn't get an invite....or....they are emptying their ash trays there for some reason...

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/10/13 - 08:20 am
nocnoc
nocnoc 12/10/13 - 09:41 am
Note on Gate

Thought they had to have probable cause according to 4th amendment.

I'd just call them an ask a simple Question.
"What reason do you believe that improvement have been made and where did you obtain that info?"

But we are dealing with a Government that could just cite

"Terrorism"

and need to see if you have built a bunker to house terrorists or supplies that can be taxed under the GA Ad Valorem Tax laws.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/10/13 - 10:08 am
Good Morning "Hammer & Sickle man" America

HA HA you King SMNCICBHO(M) Hammer *& Sickle man.

3 days ago I started a "Secret" Group site. Yesterday I was in the same position that the easy access to the site was the same as That great affordable Wed site was in.

I solved it in one day and now I have to go out an find a big warehouse to hire around 100 employees to be supporters of the site.

Sorry all, gotta go, very busy .........

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/10/13 - 10:16 am
Commission pay?

Nice thought but totally impossible. How do you compute commission for a secretary, an electrical engineer, a nurse?

What I do approve of however is a profit sharing scheme for occupations in the "for profit" private sector. If the company profits, so do you. It also creates peer pressure because though you might not go the extra mile for the extra $$, you don't want to be the goat that keeps your buddies from getting theirs.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/10/13 - 10:45 am
Why are we flying flags 1/2 staff

For Foreign Leader Socialist Leader?

Besides one that also has a deep root political history of oppression, murder, torture?

Not my Flag.

My Flag is for American hero's.
Not Former Socialists / Communists.

Will the Administration and the Liberals will expect us to fly Flags at 1/2 staff when Castro Dies.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/10/13 - 10:52 am
BTW

President Obama Bowed to the President of Cuba at the Funeral for Mandela and shook his hand.

harley_52
harley_52 12/10/13 - 11:20 am
"President Obama Bowed to the President of Cuba....

....at the Funeral for Mandela and shook his hand."

He has a history of bowing and scraping toward our mortal enemies and backstabbing the leaders of our closest allies.

Maybe there's a lesson there....

happychimer
19396
happychimer 12/10/13 - 11:20 am
Maybe it is time to have

Maybe it is time to have talks with Cuba. Peace is better than war.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/10/13 - 12:15 pm
t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/10/13 - 01:27 pm
Rant about minimum wage, AGAIN

Being paid on commission?? What about a living wage?? Should all of the "uppidy upps" be paid this way?

As an aside: I might not be commenting too much over the next week, I broke our deck top computer which I am used to using!! I know some of you might be over-joyed!! ( LOL )

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/10/13 - 01:40 pm
Photos

Some people were asking about posting photos yesterday. Well, someone emailed me a photo of debating tips, and I have posted at the top of today's R&Rs. It's good information and strictly FYI.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/13 - 04:56 pm
About the Cyber Command

My post at the very top said it was said in the national article yesterday I came across that Ft. Meade would be getting the Cyber Command. I emailed the editor-author, Kevin McCaney, and got a reply. He said he made a mistake and would change the article. He said it hasn't been decided. THANK GOODNESS. Nice to know he monitors the Chronicle. This thing is big. I've read where due to the special qualities of the facility, it's going to cost hundreds of millions of dollars and will end up with jobs in the thousands. There will be many civilian positions of GS and contract workers in the mix. Anyway, here is his reply to me:

John,

Sorry, my mistake. I don’t think it’s been decided yet, and Fort Gordon and Meade are both still in contention. The story will be fixed shortly. Here’s the most recent story I’ve seen on it: http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/metro/2013-11-08/five-plans-drafted-ar...

Best regards,

Kevin

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/10/13 - 04:20 pm
Debate

Thanks for the debating tips, Sean. Those are good reminders. If a reader has a hard time reading them because of the size, one can click on the picture and it gets bigger and easier to read.

clayhill
clayhill 12/10/13 - 04:26 pm
OBAMACARE

Rant to Obamacare for not covering all the drugs that are presently covered by BBS of Ga. We will have to pay for some of our drugs out of pocket, and these dollars will not be part of our deductible. This is just the tip of the iceberg for Obamacare.

harley_52
harley_52 12/10/13 - 05:15 pm
"About the Cyber Command"

Great job, Riverman...

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/13 - 05:53 pm
Thanks, Harley

Thanks, Harley. See what you can find out and let us know. I hate to see articles like that because they get it in folks' minds that's the decision and respond according. I'm glad it was a mistake and he's going to change the article. This huge project will affect military retirees, also, because of projected downsizing of Eisenhower Army Medical Center.

harley_52
harley_52 12/10/13 - 05:55 pm
happychimer
19396
happychimer 12/10/13 - 06:12 pm
Each insurance company has a

Each insurance company has a list of drugs they cover. No company covers all drugs. When I chose the company for my Medicare part D, I put in my drugs and chose the company that covered all of them. You can save money by getting generic when possible. Talk to your dr about a drug close to the one your insurance won't cover.I take one that some insurance companies won't cover, and some require being on another drug for awhile before they will cover it. I chose a company that covers it.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/16/13 - 09:44 pm
Nah, don't think they're

Nah, don't think they're meeting at my mailbox and dumping ciggies seenitb4, my dogs would alert.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen