Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THOSE THAT ARE protesting the testing on animals at any research facility need to learn and understand the old adage “If you’re not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.” I am sorry they think that testing of medicine and procedures to advance the quality of human life should be performed on humans instead of animals. Testing must be done before applied to humans and until they have a viable alternate solution I for one see them as part of the problem and not the solution.

CONGRATULATIONS TO Butler High, Jenkins White Elementary Charter, and Westmont Elementary who were named Reward Schools for being among the 10 percent of Title I schools in the state making the most progress over three years on state assessments. It is still disturbing to see so many schools labeled Alert Schools, Priority Schools and Focus Schools. It is up to the teachers and parents to raise the standards in these schools. We have a long way to go!

A RANT TO The Augusta Chronicle, placing comedian’s last-word quotes in the obit section is crossing the line, and placing other advertisements such as back ailments is a bit over the top. Let’s keep the obits clean and respectable as they should be.

I LISTENED TO Nancy Pelosi on the morning Fox channel. The best thing she could do is find a hole and stay in it. Recall she walked into the House with the big gavel and also commented: “Just pass Obamacare” and then find out what it entails.

HUGE RANT TO EMS members who were stationed near the finish line at Run or Dye. There is nothing like approaching the finish line after a great run and having to inhale second-hand smoke. Truly disgusting!!

PRESIDENT OBAMA has broken our health insurance delivery system and just like an immature adolescent he has dumped the mess he created on the health insurance companies and state insurance commissioners.

IT IS A SHEER PLEASURE to drive through Fort Gordon. Wherever one looks every area is clean, well kept, no trash. The speed limit is rightfully limited within this installation and people observe the law. NO cellphone drivers! Should it be like that all over the CSRA or the state.

IF YOU DON’T USE your windshield wipers when its not raining why use your fog lights when its not foggy? Rants to those that blind other drivers with their bright fog lights.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/09/13 - 10:02 am
Rant about Obamacare

We Democrats have been lied to over and over by "OUR" Democratic president!! I ask ALL of you, ESPECIALLY MY conservative "friends", "Who should be more angrey about Obama, we the Democrats OR you the Republicans??!!" If a person "HATES" being lied to, I say it must be US Democrats who I am most certainly must be counted amoung the few Democrats who well FINALLY OPEN OUR EYES to this terrible truth!!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:03 am
Riverman - Has a Vaild Point

We have the ability to expand on articles and present the other side, where the AC due to Legal reason cannot.

I know it ticks off the DownTown Group and the South Side Mafia equally. I know a few dig for the real names behind Avatars we use, I have been told and warned as much by a few political friends.

But while we are a only a thorn in the side of politicians and the Media,
sometimes we do provide a chainsaw to the right people.

Riverman, LL and few others are good examples of Local Tree Cutters.

I know a few of the Avatars have been outted by a local media for personal, political or legal reasons.

But I still thank the AC and other lesser read local media websites for the opportunity to vent and sometimes undercover a major Local Political Fubar.

E-Page Comments are interesting, but think what a PRINTED (profanity filtered) Page of once a week could accomplish in righting wrongs?

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/09/13 - 10:06 am
LIGHTS

I also have a rant about headlights, and I don't need my eyes checked. First of all, those blinding, and yes they are blinding "blue" lights should be illegal. They are MUCH brighter than any highbeam ever! Some feel like they pierce right thru to the brain. And no, I don't need that checked either. Also, it's amazing to me how many are not turning ON their headlights, especially right at dark, and you can just imagine the ones I don't see. Just because you can see just fine, doesn't mean you can be SEEN just fine. Had a guy right next to me in total darkness, no lights. No amount of trying to get his attention worked. I just hope he didn't cause a wreck down the road.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:08 am
t3bledsoe - Given what the voters had to pick from

Change must have looked good.
Both times the VP running mate was more interesting than the Presidential candidate. The Rino's need to do better.

The Dim's got it in the right order.

But it does not change the fact we ALL have been lied to time and time again.

BTW: I do not consider Liberals and Socialists to be Democrats
It is just right now (since 1970's) that the Democrats have become a minority in their own party.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/09/13 - 10:15 am
Tim

Good point. I'm particularly confused when a female is dressed so as to focus on a specific body area, and when you look she gets all offended. I'm not talking about stareing either, I'm talking about stealing a glance and getting busted.

I'm a MAN for heaven's sake!! I was born programmed to appreciate the female form; and when it is served up to me I'm bound to appreciate it, discreetly of course.

edit: And if you are a younger woman, hoping only to attract the eyeballs of other 25 yo's, fuhgettaboutit!! Us old farts, who still have a few milligrams of testosterone left in our bodies, still appreciate female beauty and are going to LOOK! (discreetly of course)

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:19 am
RCSO Headlight limits do need enforcing.

But when a person heads down to an Auto parts Store and
picks up a package labeled "SILIVER STARS" 35% brighter and
35% wider than normal blubs. That 35% is the equivalent normal HI-BEAMS.

See the comparison Pictures

All it takes is a 2 degree Misaligned Headlamp and it blinds the oncoming driver.

The LED versions now being installed, seem to be even brighter.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 10:18 am
Nocnoc, You Cut Trees Too

NocNoc, consider yourself a tree cutter, too.

About being outted I was bigtime. My name ended up being screamed on the radio more than once. The way it happened, I was commenting in the paper and had mailed a public official basically the same comment. The public official showed the letter to someone in the media whom I had been arguing with bitterly. She later apologized to me and said basically she wasn't thinking. I forgave her, but people will go to lengths to find out exactly who you are.

What's so funny is that many of us have been to get-togethers where we gave each other our real names and so on. It's not like anonymous posters are Bonnie and Clyde on the run. Plus, if you think about it, those registering to comment on the Chronicle are supposed to give their real names when signing up. So we are not actually anonymous in any case.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 10:24 am
Excellent Example of Citizen Journalism

Nocnoc said, "According to US Census Estimates
The South Side Population is about 97,388 out of ARC Total 202,587.
That is about 48% of the total ARC Population.
An Downtown accounts for 16,445 (8%) of the total ARC Population.

So why in this Consolidated Government Disproportionately
spending $Million$ Taxpayer $$$$$, in a 15 block / 6 street area while practically ignoring 48% of the rest of the Taxpayers?"

Nocnoc's post is an example of citizen journalism, or internet commenting, at its finest.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/09/13 - 10:26 am
SeenitB4 @ 7:06 AM

"Any day above ground is a good day
:)"

As I am reading and writing this comment, I am listening to "THE HUNGER GAMES" on books on CD. I have tryed to commit suiside once diffenently and perhaps twice. I regret TOTALLY that I was found in time to be saved!! I had to spend 4 days in University Hospital and then, taken in handcuffs to Serinity Behavioral Health Center in Augusta. I have reached the point that I feel I have NOTHING to look forward to, accept to be able to be counted amoung you!! I commited a VERY terrible act on my family that lead me to try to commit suiside as I was terribly sorry for what I had done!! My wife believes that drinking was very compliant!! I happen not to agree with her "diagnoses" so I sit here drinking a mixed drink without my family knowing. Writing this is very cathertic, but I can not say, with assertion that I will not need to vent again!! You do not have to read this comment, AND perhaps I will not blame you AT ALL!!!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:26 am
Thanks RM

The Bloggers/Commentors need to get together again, after the 1st of the year.

I'll kick in some ammo or Food.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/09/13 - 10:35 am
Itsanotherday1 @ 9:15

"Us old farts, who still have a few milligrams of testosterone left in our bodies, still appreciate female beauty and are going to LOOK! (discreetly of course)"

I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for your comment!! It is nice to know that I am not the only man who thinks this way!! I do not like that sometimes I feel like a pervert as I think like this!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 10:39 am
T3, straighten up and fly right

T3, straighten up and fly right. Hang in there. Go talk to the psychiatrist if you feel that way. Seriously.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/13 - 10:40 am
Keep posting bledsoe

And we will keep reading ya...you are one of us & I enjoy the comments on here too....

We enjoy the looks so don't be fooled....women like attention..so keep doing what comes naturally..:):)

byebye Toby stood me up ..I bet he went to trouble's house...dang.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:46 am
t3bledsoe - hang in there dude.

Lifes a (female Dog) , live it.
It messes with Murphy's mind.

If you need to vent contact a few of us off line via our private Email accounts.

BTW: I just finished listening to WW-Z on Audio.

Started today
THE PRICE OF POLITICS

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/13 - 10:49 am
bledsoe

Try to get on Cgees email list..he will keep you entertained...he just sent me one that will make your heart throb & bounce around....the airport pic....I wish he would put it on here....

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 10:51 am
T3, once again, those kinds

T3, once again, those kinds of ideations are considered major warning signs. Go see your doctor. Please...for us.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/09/13 - 10:51 am
She is at

She is at work................... I think.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/09/13 - 10:51 am
SEAN - QUESTION

How about a blogger picture of the day?
There seems to be enough White Space for a few in the Comments.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/13 - 11:00 am
You think she is at work-- heh

We are like cats RK....now figure that one while I go along my merry way.....I bet you are in the cold parts of the country.....make some money for yo honey.....

really going now..reeeely.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/09/13 - 11:30 am
@ nocnoc 09:51

We removed the ability for commenters to post photos because we were worried that wildly inappropriate photos would be posted. The only way we could make it work would be for someone here to approve photos before they are posted. Often it is only one person watching comments; we thought you would be frustrated if it took too long to approve the photos.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/09/13 - 11:30 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 12/09/13 - 11:31 am
Waiting for Progress(ive) - Still

Augusta did not wait to become progressive. They waited until they had control of people who they could tax simply for being a resident, give them nothing for their money, and then CHARGE THEM AN EXTRA TAX OR FEE FOR SERVICES THEY DON'T EVEN GET. It had nothing to do with waiting to become progressive....it had everything to do with waiting until they controlled the money of a large group of people who had no power, no representation, but did have some taxable land and homes....and who got no services. When you got THEIR money...THEN you got progressive.....in the "old city".

THAT is how, and when, Augusta became "progressive". By taking rural people's money and throwing it at a DOWNTOWN agenda. Maybe you think that is the right thing to do.......I think it sucks.

You want to see the BEST measure of the "old city" progress? Just pull up the weekly Crime Map and watch the red dots move to the southeast. That equates to how many undesirables have been Section 8'd from all of those "redeveloped" areas in the old city out to South Augusta. Section 8 relocation to the South Side....THAT is how you measure progress in Augusta.

Me, I'm sick of progressive. I'm a retro kind of guy. I'd like to go back to the days with the County controlled it's own money. We had better police protection, better schools, more businesses and restaurants, a higher quality of life, were safer, and paid a helluva lot LESS taxes, and we actually had some representation and say so about where OUR money got spent. If what we have now is progress, it sucks where I live.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/09/13 - 11:32 am
Nice

"Retired manager Bobby Cox was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame by the Veterans Committee on Monday, along with Tony La Russa and Joe Torre. All three were unanimous selections by the 16-member committee." AJC.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/09/13 - 11:34 am
That being said...

That being said, if anyone has an interesting photo they want to post, they can send it to me in an email and I could post one each day. sean.moores@augustachronicle.com
Maybe a pic of your Christmas decorations or perhaps we could have a week to post photos of your pets. What do you think?

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/09/13 - 11:41 am
Concerning anonymity on our site

Concerning anonymity on our site, I have been asked for the names of commenters many times. I have never given a real name of a commenter to someone outside or inside the paper without permission.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/09/13 - 11:53 am
Understood, Sean. I'm not

Understood, Sean. I'm not saying the Chronicle lets names out. One reporter did figure out who I was before I was outted by the radio guy. But he told me he didn't use any inside Chronicle stuff to discover who I am and I believe him since I consider him a friend.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/13 - 12:02 pm
Good Almost Noon "Sorry AC Friends" America

I have then there found a new Toy to play with on FaceBook so I have been quit invisible. Been monitoring though.

New Toy "Lavarnway Reunion Group" See how anonymous I is!

Sean, You know I was the strong yeller for embedding photos, I think it would maybe put some JAZZ into R&R. It is hard not to repeat yourself daily on someoo someoo's.

countyman
19731
countyman 12/09/13 - 02:25 pm
Facts

Seenitb4..... The overwhelmingly number of articles related to Columbia County printed by the AC remain positive...

They haven't printed the article on the shooting in the home invasion/armed robbery in Columbia County from last week or the recent armed robbery at the Zaxbys in North Augusta were an employee was shot.

I think you meant to say the continued positive stories on Richmond County would affect the residents living in the suburban counties who have come accustom to hearing the negative media reports...

Nonoc... Richmond County gained(200,549 to 202,587) 2,038 people and not 38 new residents in the last two years...

The 378 building permits were only for the year 2012 and the census doesn't explain what part of the county they were built in... The number of permits for Augusta Richmond County as of October 2013 is already higher at 389..

I didn't really have time to look over the population figures for DT/South Augusta but I didn't notice the other two errors..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/09/13 - 12:42 pm
Algorithm

I need to remind Countyman again that these population figures year by year are calculated from algorithms set up in the past. They are estimates, not actual bodies in houses.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/09/13 - 12:50 pm
Thanks very much for ALL of your comments

I got so many comments which, I thank you'll, are too numerous to copy and paste!! I just want to say thank-you to all of your comments, AND I will try very hard to follow through with your advice!!