Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HAVE HAD THE same problem with the utility bill due date being moved around without knowing about it. I had a couple of late fees, so I called, and that’s when they informed me it was for the benefit of the consumer. I told them I thought it was so they could take advantage and make a few extra dollars.

DEATHS AT THE Veterans Affairs medical centers attributed to untimely care? It appears these deaths can be laid at the feet of one individual, the woman who was the director. Why on Earth would the VA place her at another facility?

AUGUSTA HAS MADE the news twice in the past few days! We have a university that tortures animals. We kill our vets by denying them proper health care, and we are a designated “slum area.” It makes a person really want to move to this area. Ah, the smell of progress.

WILL FOX NEWS please change the name to the Fox “We hate Obamacare” Reality Show? Every segment starts with a “breaking news” story opposing the Affordable Care Act. As an example, Typhoon Haiyan left 10,000 people dead and 600,000 homeless, yet the lead story on all shows was a negative health care act story – the typhoon was a distant second.

THERE IS A NEW proposal just out that would allow cellphone use aboard a plane when it is flying above 10,000 feet. We have enough of those big mouths who love to rattle on about nothing right here on the ground, so we don’t want these chatterboxes sitting next to us on a plane. I say no, no, no to this mad proposal.

robert2410
robert2410 12/06/13 - 11:30 am
The Obama Chronicles: I

The Obama Chronicles:
I promise 100% transparency in my administration
I promise no new taxes on families making less than 250K a year
I will allow 5 days public comment before signing any bills
I will remove any earmarks from Pork projects before I sign any bill
I will end income tax for seniors making less than 50K a year
I will bring all our troops home within a year of taking office
I will put all the health care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone affected will see who is at the table
I will have no lobbyists in my administration
I will close Guantonamo
I will resign if I do not cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term
I will unite the people of this great country
I will put an end to politics that breeds conflict, division, and cynicism
I have shovel ready jobs
Whistle blowers will be protected by my administration
If you like your health plan you can keep it

And liberals actually question why we call him a liar?! Get real

harley_52
harley_52 12/06/13 - 11:54 am
"Get real."

I first noticed this behavior during the Clinton Administration and it was with members of my own family.

No matter the lie, no matter the behavior, no matter the people who believed the lies and suffered because they did, to some people it simply doesn't matter. They don't care. Their minds are made up. Usually, they will say something like "but, he weally, weally CARES." Or, "he's trying SO hard.....".

It's sad, but true, that there are about fifteen percent of the population who are going to vote democrat NO MATTER WHAT.

I'm thinking that number is decreasing, however, because these are the same people who are such ardent supporters of abortion. Maybe they'll become extinct in the next couple of generations, if America still exists, that is....

harley_52
harley_52 12/06/13 - 12:39 pm
“It is no accident nor a coincidence....

...that from January 2009 to August of 2010, coinciding with the Obama/McChrystal radical change of the [rules of engagement], casualties more than doubled,” Mr. Simmons said. “The carnage will certainly continue as the already fragile and ineffective [rules] have been further weakened by the Obama administration as if they were playground rules.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/5/increase-in-battlefield-d...

We, as a Nation, send young men and women off to die and suffer horrendous, life changing injuries to NOT fight a war that we lack the courage to win.

We haven't won a war since WWII and the blood of all those who have died since then is just as much on our hands as those of our battlefield enemies.

God help us....

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/06/13 - 12:56 pm
As always:

Sean is the man!! Thanks Buddy!

countyman
countyman 12/06/13 - 01:22 pm
The private sector is paying

The private sector is paying the salary of Mr. Kwatinetz and not city...

Rant #4. The designation sure didn't hurt the other cities in Georgia who adopted it. All of those cities got the private sector to invest millons and bring in thousands of new jobs.

jimmymac
jimmymac 12/06/13 - 01:22 pm
OBAMA

Obama is a communist at heart and would like nothing better than seeing America go down the same path. His sheeple refuse to see the alarming statements and actions by a man raised and mentored by a self described communist. His father hated everything America stands for and his son is a chip off the old block.

jimmymac
jimmymac 12/06/13 - 01:27 pm
PHONES ON PLANES

If you really want to see cell phones on planes you better hire more air marshals. People just don't know how to talk on a cell and think they must scream into the phone. There will be many cases of air rage due to boorish behavior by those screaming into the cell.

jimmymac
jimmymac 12/06/13 - 01:30 pm
AWARDS

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Obama would give medals to Oprah or Clinton. Remember he gave a medal traitor Jane Fonda. I guess the next might be Louis Farrakhan.

jimmymac
jimmymac 12/06/13 - 01:34 pm
VA

Nobody in government is ever held accountable for their failures. Has anyone been fired for the NSA debacle? Has anyone been fired for the IRS fiasco? Has Sibelius been fired for the Obamacare disaster? Why is anyone surprised that the head at the VA would be any different?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 01:54 pm
Rant about Ophra and Clinton vs. Obama

"AS THE PRESIDENT’S popularity plummets, I find it very interesting that Obama selects Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey, two very influential people whom he has little regard for, as recipients of a coveted national honor. Could it be that he’s looking for something in return?"

Can you say, "Obama likes Oprah and OWES the Clintons to get Hilary ready to run for President??!! Although if I was Hilary, I don't think I would want the backing of Obama!!!!"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:00 pm
Rant about Obama

"WE CONSERVATIVES DON’T agree with this president’s policies, ideology and the plans he has been very open with, to totally transform our country, to redistribute wealth and destroy any sense of achievement. He has divided this country worse than any single person, and has successfully turned this country into a two-class society, the haves and the have-nots. These are not the rants of a racist, merely a citizen of our United States who is very concerned for the future of our country. Stop using the race card as a crutch."

As for NOT AGREEING with Obama, WHAT ELSE IS NEW, the telephone??!! I am a moderate Democrat and yet I agree with most of your rant!! Obama has made US weak in the eyes of foriegn nations and is adding to the national debt as fast as any other President!! If he wants to still blame Bush for "the two unfunded wars", then why in the #### hasn't he brought the troops home where they belong!!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:09 pm
nocnoc@ 6:49 12 5 2013

"It only has a little ways to go to reach single digits"

Are you sure that you don't mean "ROCK BOTTOM"??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:14 pm
Riverman1 @ 6:56 12 05 2013

"A great man has left us. The world is a better place because of him"

Very good comment!! I truly believe that he was perhaps THE DIRECT man who stopped appartite which was very close kin to slavery!!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/13 - 03:24 pm
t3

Please read up on the man and the affects. RM is being kind.

KSL
KSL 12/06/13 - 04:08 pm
harley@11:39

Thanks for providing that link. Another negative about Obama.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/13 - 04:14 pm
Thankfully I'm in the country

And can run around without my shirt cause it's 80+ degrees!

Riverman1
120669
Riverman1 12/06/13 - 04:34 pm
Countyman said...

Countyman said, "The private sector is paying the salary of Mr. Kwatinetz and not city... "

Well, that puts me at ease. It's nice to know Matt is only going to be paid from the funds private enterprises give to the Mayor's little group. Knowing, positively that Matt will not touch any of the money the county gave to Deke is reassuring. I wonder who Deke will give the $300,000 to market the property to GRU? Any ideas? He must be calling in people from New York or something. I bet Matt is ticked that he is out of the loop and won't be able to market the mills property with any of the money. How does the commission and media go about viewing the accounting of the Mayor's little thing?

Riverman1
120669
Riverman1 12/06/13 - 04:35 pm
"And can run around without

"And can run around without my shirt cause it's 80+ degrees!"

Now THAT causes one of those every seven second thoughts.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/13 - 04:53 pm
Seven second thoughts

The GOB loves it!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/06/13 - 05:43 pm
Interesting that robert got

Interesting that robert got thumbs down for posting verifiable, factual quotes by Obama. They are either: A) Angry with him for having the audacity to point out the truth. B) They have their fingers in their ears screaming NAA! NAA! NAA!, refusing to hear the truth. C) Too stupid to understand the truth.

Schools look to curb crime rise

While area schools are prepping for the upcoming year, administrators say they're keeping an eye on an area that could impact student achievement - crime.