Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

I THOUGHT PEOPLE attended church to hear God’s word, not to be told where to sit. If people would mind their own business, you would not have time to bother others who are trying to attend church service. Sweep around your own door before trying to sweep around mine.

RANT TO ALL THE people who rant about the president or anything stupid. How about you stop complaining and thank God you are still getting your food stamps and disability checks.

I RECENTLY STARTED looking for a job in this upswing economy that we have going on in Augusta. I have been online and visited the staffing companies here. I have applied for jobs such as supervisor, operations and others that have been advertised on the local job sites. Then they call to interview you for a job that is always filled or doesn’t exist. They need to start being honest and stop making people spend what money they have for gas or food.

WHAT OUR COMMISSION members need to do is get new businesses into our area and stop raising our taxes at the drop of a pin. We can’t handle any more.

A RANT TO THE Augusta Commission wanting to raise taxes. All the commissioners should take a field trip to Sandy Springs Ga. They have increased services and cut taxes at the same time by privatizing almost everything.

RANT TO GEORGIA Regents University: What you are doing to the dogs, is sick, sick, sick.

VICE PRESIDENT JOE Biden stressed the need for comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship at a recent naturalization ceremony in Atlanta. His speech should have been focused on the audience receiving naturalization and should have thanked them for following the legal process to gain citizenship. Let’s keep our focus on the people who are doing the right thing and not on the illegals who have a total disregard for the law.

WE ARE TOLD not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. On the other hand, we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

I GUESS YOU CAN say that North Augusta is no longer a bedroom community with all that they are going to put down on the river. Has everyone forgotten what Augusta did down on the river? Look at it now. It was beautiful when they built it. Lots of people went down there, but now if you go down there you might end up in the hospital.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/04/13 - 07:13 pm
Stop ranting about the President because they are getting SNAP?

Those aren't the majority that have issues with Obama and his socialistic agenda.

It is those of us that are working and/or paying TAXES for those 24+ Million new people getting their SNAP and "Give Me's" since Obama
took office.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/04/13 - 07:14 pm
Have Non-Taxpayers Costs over run ARC Tax revenues already?

1/2 the of wealth has left Augusta already over the last 16 years.

An with each new Tax Increase, Tax Increase Scare or Downtown "Special Project" we loose more.

While ARC has the whole South Side waiting to be rebuilt after 10+ years of deliberate neglect.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/04/13 - 07:14 pm
RAVE to GEORGIA Regents University for

the Medical research you are have done and are doing that is saving many human lives.

The MCG Dental Group alone is responsible for several pioneering dental procedures that are helping our recent Military Vets that suffered facial/dental wounds, now live a somewhat normal life.

To the animal rights people
There 2 sides to every story. To me yours is shallow and lacks a realistic amount mature thinking.

You see in my case, having had several major surgeries myself, where animals were used to perfect the Dental, limb, optical scope surgical procedures I had, I guess I have a better 1st hand understanding.

This isn't even counting all the new Antibiotics I was plaster with in each of the post op surgery stays.

Yes Animal Medical Research MUST BE done humanly.
But get off your sneaky Bomb Shell EXPOSURE, High Horse
tactics and work with the colleges to fix any issues or students seen.

By your own indirect admission,
IF your people, saw what y'all said they saw, and they failed to report it or stop it immediately, so your group could tape it for Self Serving Media Attention. If it happen, as you said it did, you groups failure to immediately act makes your group a major part of the vary problem your group is protesting.

To me and some others,
Media Hounds are not Animal Rights Heroes.
They use Animals as a means to video tape, get $$$ and attention. Then use it as leverage or blackmail to collect more $$$ and attention.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/04/13 - 07:14 pm
Gun and Muslims - comment

Please don't confuse the Liberals with Logic.
They are liable to go off the deep end, if their little world
of make believe is logically questioned.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/04/13 - 08:13 pm
Family Pew Maybe?

Many churches have family pews that the family has paid for. I wonder if the ranter tried to sit in one of those?

countyman
countyman 12/05/13 - 02:06 am
Wow!!!!! Augusta is the next Raleigh and Austin

The amount of private commercial investments in Richmond County this year is truly amazing and 2014 will bring unprecedented growth. The Washington Crossing development is underway(Whole Foods, DSW, Home Goods) in West Augusta, multiple businesses are coming to South Augusta on Peach Orchard rd(Chick Fil A, Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme), the Village at Riverwatch(Cabela's & movie theater) in North Richmond is booming, and the mall(H&M, Michael Kors) in West Augusta continues to thrive.

A few updates!!!!!
1. Southwest Augusta-McCoys Square is the outparcel for the 13 acre shopping center on Gordon Hwy near Robinson Avenue.. Hopefully the 25 acre shopping center and the Shoppes at Dyess Park will break ground soon near the Zaxby's on Jimmie Dyess.

2. Augusta Exchange(West Augusta)- My predictions on this area becoming the first edge city continue to be validated by the growth. Northwestern Mutual is building their new building next to Home2Suites and there's another professional office building coming soon(8,500 SF) to Exchange Lane... The city needs to become progressive and build a nice urban park on Wheeler road near I-20..

3. CBD- The Lofts at Marbury Village(new construction)are finally going to begin construction on Ellis street. The Sprint Food Metro Market is moving along, the renovation of Holiday Inn Express continues, and many other renovation projects are underway..

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/13 - 06:32 am
Scrap The TAD. $22 Million Lost In Valuation So Far

County attorney Jim Plunkett said at the commission meeting this week that the taxable value of the property inside the Richmond County TAD district had dropped by $22 million since 2009. Besides that being an astounding revelation, it also points out the TAD concept is obviously not working. The opposite from the intent has occurred. Hurry and scrap the concept before even more valuation is lost in Richmond County.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:14 am
Equalize wealth in this country??

Ok now, I just heard we will have to equalize wealth just like the health insurance & just like the wonderful school system....let me recamp this for you..

The school system has tanked according to test results from most countries
The health insurance thingy isn't working
So by all means let us destroy even the idea if you WORK HARD you can get wealthy...

I will say this though...the min wage should raise to $10 a hour..imo

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 07:20 am
Why?

Why?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:21 am
Excuse me please on this

"I have applied for jobs such as supervisor, operations and others that have been advertised on the local job sites. "

Maybe you should try for worker & not try for super right from the get-go....huh..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:23 am
Why.....

Because I ordain it...that's why...lol

Because $10 is not even a living wage anymore.....you are FILTHY rich ksl....give them a buck & a half raise & move ooon..hahah

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 07:32 am
I wish.

I wish. Had we not had to pay exorbitant amounts for our health insurance and had high deducibles, we would have a healthy nest egg.

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 07:34 am
People should spire to make

People should spire to make more than the minimum wage and do what it takes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:36 am
The Gap is dangerous for this country

Hard workers should be rewarded of course.....but the low income segment has to have a way to to prosper.....we need to make more millionaires not fewer....imho imho

This is my thought & I'm "shearing" it knowing full well some will squash my behind on here...mama don't care.....I have been kicked in the behind B4...I'm getting to the place I kinda enjoy it...hahahah

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 07:39 am
By the way. I have had 3 jobs

By the way. I have had 3 jobs that paid less than minimum wage.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:40 am
One day

I will stop "shearing" my intimate thoughts on here....but wait....maybe that is what yall want...dang

I will go to another place/forum where I can really let my hair down & fly with the mighty people...the place is called cheers......only the brave can survive there...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:41 am
I have had 3 jobs that paid less than minimum wage.

My God ksl..THAT was 40 years ago!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:43 am
ok

Maybe 20 years ago....my bad.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/13 - 07:44 am
Upward Mobility Alive and Well

I started work at 15 years old and went to work fulltime in a factory at 17 working production which means you have to work your butt off. I went in the Army when there wasn't a waiting line to get in. I worked hard, went to college nights and weekends until I got the Army to send me fulltime. The point is I came from a poor family, but worked hard and do well today. Upward mobility is certainly alive and well in America. I also don't want to be taxed out of what I worked hard to accumulate.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 07:47 am
Violins

Somewhere in the distance I hear the violins playing...do you River.....let's start from the beginning now....action...:)

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 07:54 am
So bod, are you saying he

So bod, are you saying he isn't half Kenyan? Does that mean Frank Marshall Davis was BO's father? Can you suggest a legitimate reason for him to spend a million bucks to keep his records locked up other than not being proud of his school grades?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 08:00 am
This bothers me

So the police said some cuss words....dang tooting...I would have too probably......but the day has come that adults are punished for any little mistake while the kids are free to continue with their rants & bad behavior.....something IS WRONG WITH THAT....& the bus driver either quit or was fired.

KSL
KSL 12/05/13 - 08:04 am
So, it was still less than

So, it was still less than minimum wage. I was a student. I did not need to be paid a living wage. You should be paid what you are worth. My son got out of grad school 19 years ago and immediately made 6 figures.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/05/13 - 08:13 am
Good Morning! Surely Ranter

Good Morning!
Surely Ranter #2's comment is satirical....

Ranter #1 must have been in a Baptist church unaware of the "unspoken" seating rules..lol.

And River, you are a dying breed, much to my dismay.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 08:18 am
My last thought on $$ this morning

Years ago I bought a weeks worth of groceries on less than $20 bucks....now it would take $80 bucks to buy the same thing....my power bill has tripled--gas bill for car has too--all insurance has---every dang thing has.....what I'm saying is this -- min wage gives a person about $15,000 a year...that is not enough.....we need more jobs with a decent wage...I see jobs going to machines---computers & etc & only the lowly paid jobs left for humans.....drones could even take over the UPS & FEDEX jobs in the near future....

We were probably the last generation to see security in ANY job...even that can disappear....look at Detroit pensions on the block right now...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/13 - 08:19 am
The happy place just called me

I'm coming cheers....hold my seat please.....don't let coldbeer have all the good seats.....see ya later in day..:)

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/05/13 - 08:51 am
Rant about food stamps

"RANT TO ALL THE people who rant about the president or anything stupid. How about you stop complaining and thank God you are still getting your food stamps and disability checks"

COULD NOT say it better! I am absolutely sure there are people who qualify for these but they feel it is too much charity! Cudos to them!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/05/13 - 08:54 am
rant about taxes

"A RANT TO THE Augusta Commission wanting to raise taxes"

I seem to think as state taxes go down, local taxes go up! I believe this is MORE than coinsidence!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/05/13 - 08:59 am
reguarding Vice-President

I truly believe that Joe Biden is being "groomed" to run for President with all of the puplic trips he has been making lately!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/05/13 - 09:03 am
Rant about N.Augusta

"I GUESS YOU CAN say that North Augusta is no longer a bedroom community with all that they are going to put down on the river"

The school board, county gov., and town gov. are doing things that would not hold up in a county wide referendum!!

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...