Rants & Raves

RANT TO THE LOWLIFE that stole my beige wrought iron glider out of my backyard in the daylight hours while I was at home. You even took the time to remove and steal one of my patio chairs to lift it over my fence. Please do not buy this from this scum bag, it is stolen and has been reported to the Sheriff’s dept. Do me and all the other honest people and report this thief if approached.

THE TALKS OVER Iran’s nuclear program broke down. Is anyone really surprised? We had John Kerry “negotiating” the American position!

IT’S PAST 21 YEARS since Georgia government started “pre-K” education for kids from birth to age 5, and it seems public schooling has gone down and not up. The more government intrudes on private lives – at any level – the worse those private lives get.

IT IS ONLY 6 MONTHS until the BIG WEEK. Isn’t it about time the Augusta Master Gulf Committee started directing the City departments to begin the annual AUGUSTA BEAUTIFICATION routine?

harley_52
harley_52 11/29/13 - 08:51 pm
"Augusta does looks like a SLUM."

It does, do It?

Might you say it looks "Detroit like?"

harley_52
harley_52 11/29/13 - 08:58 pm
"The more government intrudes on private lives – at any level...

....The more government intrudes on private lives – at any level – the worse those private lives get."

It's all part of the plan.

Plato said the two most important questions are...who will teach the children? And...What will they teach them?

It's not an accident that the government uses your tax money to pay for broken families and then uses more of your tax money to indoctrinate children from the very earliest ages.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 06:30 am
Not Sure It's A Negative Comment

But if it is, it's only 4 months to the Master's, not six. And what's wrong with cleaning up for it? That's the start of spring.

About the wrought iron glider being stole, some of those are worth lots of money. In many cases, they are classic pieces of yard furniture. I hope the person gets it back. It was a good idea to put the comment here because someone may come across it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 06:54 am
Downturns and Downtown

My thought about downtown Augusta is that we can use the downturn of the past decades in a beneficial way. Augusta Common was created where an eyesore, dilapidated building was razed. If there are empty buildings in bad shape that can be bought remove them and make mini parks over the area. We could make the Garden City a...well...garden city and something people would want to visit. I can visualize many of the places along Broad St and nearby that would be enhanced greatly with small garden parks possibly maintained by the businesses around them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/30/13 - 06:51 am
Good Morning America

There was no doubt that Harley would jump on this one.

COMPARED TO THE downtown areas in other cities like Charleston, Savannah, Greenwood, Greenville, Columbia, Spartanburg ... COMPARED TO THE downtown areas in other cities like Charleston, Savannah, Greenwood, Greenville, Columbia, Spartanburg ... Augusta does looks like a SLUM.

"Augusta does looks like a SLUM." (I think that is going just a little bit too far with a comment like that)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 06:58 am
Ho Ho Ho Santa is here!!

Now, just think...I'm only here a few hours in the am...just think of the trouble I could scratch up if I posted all day.....nahhh, don't worry...I won't bore yall with that!!

Good am & a special good am to Rebel for obvious reasons..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 07:02 am
Correction correction

Let me reverse myself & correct a post from Friday...(please)

I should have said this..

Thank you harley for your input....I appreciate it 100%...now if ANY others have any ideas about THAT area please post....
because THAT FREAKING RANT IS ON HERE EVERY MONTH....& I get in freaking trouble almost every freaking time I comment on the freaking thing!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 07:09 am
Why Mini-park Idea to Clean-up Downtown Fits

Here is why my mini-park idea to clean up downtown fits. I've read that many cities have lost businesses downtown to shopping centers in the suburbs and we all know that is the case here. But what happens if the city can pull it off is downtown areas become entertainment, dining and government offices. I think that was the case in the regional cities the ranter mentioned.

So here is the main point...Instead of trying to attract the types of businesses that have moved away due to supply and demand, try to attract more entertainment, dining and government offices by building things such as the mini-parks where empty buildings now exist. They fit the theme. Dining and a few drinks next to a park, what's not to like?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/30/13 - 07:08 am
How About A Tid Bit Of Education This AM.

The evolution of your Social Security Card.

Dick Kantenberger
Gifted Education Writer
Examiner.com

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (and some older ones) didn't know this.

It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and Card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION was removed.

An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security - Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,
No longer Voluntary

2) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,
Now 7.65% On the first $90,000.

3) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,
No longer tax deductible

4) That the money the participants put in went to the Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the General Operating Fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,
Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and spent.

5) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.
Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the General Fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the U.S.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

(AND MY FAVORITE):
A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.

(I still have the original SS card that I carry for 73 years sayings "Not For Identification")

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/30/13 - 07:18 am
I Wasn't Sure What the difinition of "Freaking" was,

So I looked it up....Geez

freaking

To "dance" in gyrating motions, usually the male rubs his happy place on the female's rump. Usually a rap song is played in the background to supply a beat, but techno songs may also be used in special occasions.

B4, I thought you like CW only, not rap!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 07:21 am
Think about the slum comment

THAT didn't come from the posters ...that came from the dear county commish...as a matter of fact the posters complained about the term (most on here)..
I still don't like the term....that was a slap in the face to Augusta...but some think it is needed for MORE gov money & they said other areas do the same thing at times...I think I argued with ctyman when he said Sandy Springs near Atlanta had used the term...the area he used also had million dollar homes & I put a link on here proving that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 07:23 am
Hahah cgee

YOU are asking for freaking trouble this am big boy!

hahahah....gotta laugh sometimes..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 07:24 am
SeenIt has Cgee looking up

SeenIt has Cgee looking up words. Heh, heh. But the visualization is something.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 07:27 am
SeenIt, I thought about who

SeenIt, I thought about who came up with the slum designation, too, but figured I'd concentrate on something else. Since someone apparently doesn't like saying downtown Augusta looks like Detroit, I'm going to say from now on it's like beautiful downtown Burbank.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 07:39 am
RM say it ain't so

YOU would tell a lie.....never.

You lie Mr President.....(I still can't believe that was yelled out at Obama---but the man was right)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 08:14 am
The Supreme Court Justice Mouthed "Not True"

Justice Samuel Alito also mouthed "Not true," at Obama so y'all leave Joe Wilson alone.

And speaking of the SC, don't you know all parties, including the Democrats, now wish the Court had just said no to Obamacare? What a disaster for the country and the Democrats this thing is.

Heh, if I ever said I'd never tell a lie, I was lying. Everyone lies now and then. It's a relative (and often done to relatives, heh) thing. You could say lying is accomplished by the way you shade conversations or even what you don't say.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/30/13 - 08:00 am
"Everyone lies now and then."

Not George Washington.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 08:02 am
JTF, that's a lie.

JTF, that's a lie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 08:07 am
Wow wowee

The requests are coming in this am....they want to know where we post besides here...they say we are so damn funny they want to keep up with the comments...damn...we might need AC after all.....hahah.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/30/13 - 08:10 am
A lie?

There you go again....

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 08:10 am
JTF, Games Today

JTF, some good games today. Know what would be funny and SCREW everything up? If Florida beat FSU. Won't happen, but just saying. UGA and Clemson play at different times....so good. Hey, I'm buying a generator from Costco for tailgating next year.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/30/13 - 08:16 am
Games

Yep, great day. However, not feeling real good about it. Losing Murray sort of put a damper on an already disappointing season. What an unfortunate year for the Dawgs. Hard to imagine. I think Clemson will lose today. Sorry bout that for you. But, what the heck do I know.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/30/13 - 08:32 am
RANT -Another AP Misleading Headline

"Jamaican authorities seize 3,300 warheads"

Having lived and worked around Brits I felt this might be a play on words definitions.

So it is likely that the AP is guilty again of using the Kings English in a US English published news article to sensationalize interest.

Warhead also UK-English, is what we often call a Projectile. (spent bullet) It is not uncommon, to read headlines of Gang shooting were a thug died from 6 warheads wounds.

Here is example: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/news/-45-warhead-removed-from-cons...

What they found?
Ammo Reloading equipment and reloading supplies (3,300 bullet projectiles)

Like This:

NOT THIS

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/13 - 08:24 am
A crazy prediction from me.

A crazy prediction from me. Either Clemson will win by a little or Carolina will blow them out a la FSU. Lots of bowl implications with this one. Clemson appears a lock for Orange Bowl win or lose. Carolina COULD get the Sugar with a good win and bad Auburn loss.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/30/13 - 08:34 am
How about

Auburn/Missouri SEC Champ game. Who would have called that? Could happen.

rebellious
rebellious 11/30/13 - 08:36 am
Good Morning, clique

Who shall we gang up on today? I say let's attack liars, all!

harley_52
harley_52 11/30/13 - 08:36 am
"Since someone apparently doesn't like....

....saying downtown Augusta looks like Detroit, I'm going to say from now on it's like beautiful downtown Burbank."

It's not so much that "someone" doesn't "like" saying it, it's more that "someone" doesn't believe it's true. That same "someone" took the time to find and post a link that was very descriptive (in both words and pictures) what Detroit is actually like and yes, that same "someone" doesn't believe there is any rational, thoughtful comparison between the two.

But, don't let that stop you, RM. You don't have to agree with "someone," nor should you let it inhibit your posting desires. If that's the way you honestly see it, by all means please say so.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/30/13 - 08:42 am
RM - While like I Clemson.

South Carolina has this win by 4+points

I still bet $10 on Clemson, after being given 2 to 1 (For a Win or a loss by 4 or less).

harley_52
harley_52 11/30/13 - 08:42 am
"I should have said this.."

Thank you, seenitB4, for the thoughtfulness. It's quite possible I took offense where none was intended. It happens. As I said the other day, it's tough enough communicating when you can see facial expressions and gestures, doing it all on a keyboard and screen makes it all the more difficult. Anyway...thanks again.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/13 - 08:48 am
I understand harley

I am guilty too...as we all know on here....btw, you are part of that clique you speak of....& NO ONE gets out without a blood donation...sooo don't try running off from here...:)

Good am Rebel......you are a vey understanding & forgiving man...& I thank you for that.