Rants & Raves

Thanksgiving Day comments from readers:

TO THE KIND LADY who dropped the lunch money on our table at Harbor Inn last Friday (Nov. 8) ... thank you so much. It was the birthday of my dear friend who lost her husband a couple of years ago and I took her out to celebrate her day. God is good and I will pass it on.

KUDOS TO A.J. at AT&T for superior customer service and resolving my bill problems.

PEOPLE SHOULD BE more appreciative for Operation Thunder. I am in awe for the work of the officers and the number of offenders they have caught. I’m sorry the businesses complain that they miss those drunken people who buy their liquor but they should just provide free rides like that guy in Surrey Center said he would on TV. If you can make money in making people drunk on the roads, you should have enough money to drive them home safe and sound. Also, make a donation to the sheriff’s office for the great work they are doing. Who knows how many lives they are saving from death, paralysis, brain death, etc.?

YIPPEE FOR LOWER temperatures. Bring on the cool.

A BIG RAVE FOR the Veterans Day concert given at First Baptist Church of North Augusta. The choir was terrific, as was the Lakeside Wind Ensemble directed by Jim Tau. The solo artists, Grant Blume, Brenna West and Ryan Abel, were really great. I hope FBCNA continues to have this performance every year.

THIS IS FOR THE woman who was cleaning the tank at Red Lobster; she paid for my dad’s lunch because he served our country. I want to say thank you again, and that she will always be in my prayers. I will pay it forward.

MONTY JONES, thank you so much for all you have done for James Brown Arena, Bell Auditorium and Augusta. We will truly miss you and hope your incoming replacement will do well. Good luck to you in Arizona.

POLITICIANS IN general and Democrats in particular want to espouse the Christian principle of taking care of the poor (conservatives with their hard-earned money, liberals with someone else’s hard-earned money). Yet they are not willing to follow the Christian law about abortion.

IF THE PARENT of the McBean student is such a danger to the staff and students at McBean, why is she allowed to serve as a volunteer at her daughter’s new school? I don’t believe the school board is telling the whole story.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/27/13 - 05:30 pm
Operation Thunder has its pluses

but they tend to be out weighted by the impact on personal rights of the 5000, or 6000 innocent that are stopped to catch the 1 in 5,000+ that is the problem. GA treats a persons car as an extension their house.
Would you allow a police officer going door to door knocking on doors and conducting verbal searches for wrong doing, then use your comments to justify searching any house?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/27/13 - 06:11 pm
Excellent analogy Noc.

Excellent analogy Noc.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/27/13 - 06:22 pm
I'm with NocNoc

Yep, I'm with NocNoc about Operation Thunder. It's nice to take drunken drivers off the road, but it's a violation of our constitutional rights to stop everyone without cause and ask questions. I don't fault the RCSO and Sheriff Roundtree for the operation because they have to play with the hand the courts have dealt, but it is simply wrong.

CobaltGeorge
194132
CobaltGeorge 11/28/13 - 05:43 am
Good Morning "I Smell Turkey & Stuffing" America

With that smell I am completely "Happy and Grateful", (well almost) with what I have in life. Thank you God.

Today I will put aside all the (well almost) out of my mind and wish everybody a Happy and Thankful Day.

Please God, pass my prayers on to the unfortunate ones that are not able to feel my Happiness and Thankfulness that this day is giving me.

robert2410
robert2410 11/28/13 - 06:04 am
A little something for a

A little something for a couple people in here in particular to chew on this fine Thanksgiving morning.
Q: What is the difference between a puppy and a liberal?
A: A puppy will stop whining when it grows up.
Don't take it too hard libs, when you compare that to being likened to the Taliban, it is quite tame really.

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/28/13 - 06:48 am
Thank you God for our hope in Jesus Christ & eternal life.

Thank you God for our hope in Jesus Christ & eternal life.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/28/13 - 06:49 am
2010 Politics involved in a Presidential Pardon

NEWS Video discusses the behind the scenes politics involved in
a Pardon. A must view for Dim's and Rino's alike.

;-)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 06:54 am
Controversy Is Where It's At

Since the news and editorial today are boring, I’m putting on my Clemson orange hat this morning and wearing my favorite soft jacket trying to bring the muse to write earth shattering comments that will have readers walking around all day wondering just who that masked man is. Hi Ho Silver Away. The thing about my Clemson hat is that it has a smell that summons memories of cheap bars. It’s been washed in all kinds of chemicals, but refuses to lose its bouquet.

The best way to summon the muse is to think about women I believe. You know thinking SHE may like this. They say we have a sexual thought every seven seconds so I guess it really does make the world go round. I have decided EVERYTHING is about sex. Matter of fact, I’m not going to give any more thumbs ups unless a comment displays testosterone if it’s a guy or an eggularity dose of estrogen if it’s a woman. I’m only going to honor comments that show me the writer has a pair of their particular side’s glands.

For those guys who hang out at Victoria’s Secret at Augusta Mall, looking at the “clothes,” even caressing them when no one is looking and not glaring at the women, I’ll give you credit if you put a disclaimer with your comment that you don’t play things straight.

But this whole thumbs up thing is just so 2003. The forums didn’t have that, they showed how many times a comment had been viewed, but didn’t allow you to up or down it. So you could say something pretty thought provoking in an evil sort of way and even though people hated you for saying it they still added to the readers’ count.

I guess that’s what I’m getting at. I’m only going to give a thumb’s up to someone who says something I really, really hate. Wait a second, that’s not what I mean. Anyway, back to women. Feel free to email me with scantily clad photos if you realize what I said about sex being behind (no pun here) every comment and just about everything else, is true.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:07 am
Riverman

What did PTHS say to you about posting while you're drunk?

Good am sweethearts♥♣♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:10 am
Nope, not enough estrogen in

Nope, not enough estrogen in that comment. You would have to slam me much harder. Heh, maybe I'm masochistic? See that's a sexual thing fetish. I told you everything is about sex.

CobaltGeorge
194132
CobaltGeorge 11/28/13 - 07:11 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:13 am
Strokes

I don't need your strokes this am...Rebel gave me enough yesterday to last a week..!!! So there bigboy!!

Good am CGee..I loved your ecard ...♥

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:14 am
CGee, I can't explain some of

CGee, I can't explain some of them myself. I just write um.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:16 am
Why is this??

When "certain"posters are missing just for a few hours...some come on & say "where is so & so" & then, some of us can be gone for DAYS & no one says "where is so & so"....

That so & so has a BIG head this morning..lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:19 am
Ok, I'll give you a thumbs up

Ok, I'll give you a thumbs up on that one. For some reason it made me think, even showed a little estrogen.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:20 am
Nice to see this rave

Keep those retirement checks flowing....thanks A J from me too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:25 am
Operation Thunder

I think the operation has a place if done right....if your small child was missing & someone saw the child picked up by a car nearby, you would want EVERY DANG car stopped & checked!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:27 am
YIPPEE FOR LOWER temperatures. Bring on the cool.

Me too....it is 22 degrees here this am.....I can enjoy it more than most.♥

Pops
Pops 11/28/13 - 07:28 am
Riverman

"The thing about my Clemson hat is that it has a smell that summons memories of cheap bars."

Ever go to Sloan Street Tap Room??
Frank Howard's son, Jimmy owned it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:31 am
Pops, heck yeah. Did you know

Pops, heck yeah. Did you know Jimmy actually played for his daddy?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/13 - 07:34 am
A good one robert...:)

: A puppy will stop whining when it grows up.

Now if we can just get the puppies on here to grow up...haha

BTW Where are my favs this am...coldbeer--rdkill-trouble-rebel--llamb--IAD--dichotomy--ctyman--(yikes)--noc--ksl--sweetson--t3--many others ...brain ain't tcking on full power ...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/28/13 - 07:38 am
It's too cold to be

Running Bare

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:42 am
See, that caused the 7 second

See, that caused the 7 second reminder to go off. Thumbs up for you.

Pops
Pops 11/28/13 - 07:47 am
Yes.....I think

he was a running back......a real character like his dad........he had a sign outside the bar that simply said "Home of Cold Beer"......it was indeed probably the coldest beer I have ever had in a bar......

CobaltGeorge
194132
CobaltGeorge 11/28/13 - 07:50 am
Ah Yes,

22.1 degrees at Appling, 447 feet, 3 feet below the highest elevation in Columbia County and my CIC's Greenhouse that took me all last week to build is at 54 degrees.....Well Done George!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 07:53 am
Pops, you gotta love a bar

Pops, you gotta love a bar that just says "Cold Beer" on a big sign. Sort of like a diner that says "Eat" in ten foot high letters. Nothing fancy.

CobaltGeorge
194132
CobaltGeorge 11/28/13 - 07:58 am
This Should Connect to RM 06:45

What happens in heaven stays in heaven

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

All arrivals in heaven have to go through a bureaucratic examination to determine whether admission will be granted. One room has a clerk who inputs computerized records of what each applicant did on his or her last day of life.

The first applicant of the day explains that his last day was not a good one. "I came home early and found my wife lying naked in bed. She claimed she had just gotten out of the shower. Well, her hair was dry and I checked the shower and it was completely dry, too.

I knew she was into some hanky-panky and I began to look for her lover. I went onto the balcony of our 9th floor apartment and found the SOB clinging to the rail by his finger tips. I was so angry that I began bashing his fingers with a flower pot. He let go and fell, but his fall was broken by some awnings and bushes.

On seeing he was still alive, I found super human strength to drag our antique cedar chest to the balcony and throw it over. It hit the man and killed him. At this point the stress got to me and I suffered a massive heart attack and died."

The clerk thanked him and sent him on to the next office.

The second applicant said that his last day was his worst. "I was on the roof of an apartment building working on the AC equipment. I stumbled over my tools and toppled off the building. I managed to grab onto the balcony rail of a 9th floor apartment but some idiot came rushing out on the balcony and bashed my hands with a flower pot.

I fell, but hit some awnings and bushes and survived, but as I looked up I saw a huge chest falling toward me. I tried to crawl out of the way but failed and was hit and killed by the chest."

The clerk couldn't help but chuckle as he directs the man to the next room.

He is still giggling when his third customer of the day enters. He apologizes and says "I doubt that your last day was as interesting as the fellow in here just before you."

"I don't know" replies the man, "picture this, I'm buck naked hiding' in this cedar chest....."

Pops
Pops 11/28/13 - 08:01 am
I was there for a game in the early nineties

and it was unseasonably hot......almost ninety.....got to the bar about ten in the morning.....packed.....I thought we were going to die in there cause it so unbelievably hot.....Jimmy was there, sort of, (looked like he had a rough Friday night). We kept after him to turn on his air. After about an hour he gave in and went in the back, came out smiling and announced that he had come in early that morning and had turned the heat on by mistake .........he just told us that and stood there with a blank look.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 08:00 am
Heh, heh, heh, CGee. That's

Heh, heh, heh, CGee. That's what I'm talking about.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/28/13 - 08:03 am
Pops, yep, he's a character.

Pops, yep, he's a character. By the way I think he was a fullback and only weighed like 170. But you know he was going to play with his daddy there. Frank was a loveable, belligerent type who made no bones about doing what was best for himself and Clemson. He has to be the greatest coach ever in GA-SC.