Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AUGUSTA CHRONICLE, I would like to extend our appreciation for putting our “Zombie daughter” on your Halloween newspaper cover. You really made her week a new level of special, and I am sure she will remember it for years to come. As it turns out, it didn’t scar her at all, but it did become an unforgettable childhood experience. Thanks!

HOW COME THAT when GRU President Ricardo Azziz appears in the news it’s because he has done something underhand. Of course, we now find out he really meant something else when reporting the decline in population in Augusta. Between President Obama and Azziz, I wish they took more time to get their facts straight before opening their mouths. I really have had enough of lies and untruths from those in leadership positions.

I FEEL THAT RASHELLA Reed got off lightly for her scheme to defraud the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Her sentence was a measly 14 years in prison, and she has to pay more than $8 million in restitution. You can bet that little or nothing of the $8 million will be returned. Her illegal gains were apparently used to buy very expensive cars, among other things.

PRESIDENT OBAMA told Republicans and others who oppose him, “Elections have consequences.” To the Democrats now facing the wrath of the American people because they voted for the deeply flawed Affordable Care Care Act (Obamacare) I have to say, Congressional votes have consequences also. Live with the results of your stupidity, Maybe you should have read the law before you voted for it.

RANT TO THE CITY of Hephzibah, the mayor, the police department and Chief Flowers. You folks like to fathom yourselves a small, close-knit community that keeps to itself. I guess because of annexation you think you can make extra income for the city by running radar on Highway 25 between Highway 88 and Mims Road. You should let the Georgia State Patrol and the sheriff’s office handle this and stay in your close-knit community and catch chicken thieves.

ALL I WANT FOR Christmas is my health care plan. It will be the only thing I can afford to give my family.

I WONDER ABOUT statistics about children going hungry. They can get free food at school, and their parents are getting food stamps. Surely the parent can make at least one good meal a day. I don’t believe the percentage.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/27/13 - 01:19 pm
Lets Have Some Entertainment And Be Thankful.

FLIR means "forward looking infrared radar", it enables the pilot and gunner to see when it is darker than a Dim's heart. "Sparkle" means a person or other heat source (look for the horse taking a dump). These Taliban were working their way to attack an Army Special Forces (Green Beret) camp. Didn't work out so well for the Taliban. I wonder if chopper pilots EVER have to pay for their own drinks?

TWO U.S. ARMY AH-64 APACHE GUNSHIPS KILL A PLATOON OF TALIBAN

Click Here to view the video: http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e

rebellious
rebellious 11/27/13 - 01:24 pm
My Dear SeenitB4

Apologies all around, and you are right about these boards and the posters. And sometimes we stroll though the room, lay a comment down, then exit oblivious to discussion before and after our blurb. And on top of that, you ever made someone mad and didn't even know for a day or more? Then you have to walk back in your mind what you did or said, because at the time it was a fleeting thought.

I have a great deal of respect for many posters on here. Even the ones I disagree with provide me with insight and cause for thought. And we each add seasoning to the news of the day, some positive some negative, which make it palatable in spite of it's unsavory flavor.

So on this day before Thanksgiving, I am thankful for discourse, disagreement, discussion, and those who contribute. Happy Thanksgiving to all, but especially to my friend near Atlanta. May she post with a smile on her face!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/27/13 - 01:31 pm
Where is RM

Herschel???

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/27/13 - 01:50 pm
RM is working today. Taking a

RM is working today. Taking a little break since my part is done and I'm just backing up now. It's going to be about a 12 hour day for me.

harley_52
harley_52 11/27/13 - 02:27 pm
"I suspect his point, sarcastically of course....

....is that it has become politically insensitive to use black in any descriptor that could be even remotely, or faintly misconstrued."

Right on, IAD.

My point was to highlight the silliness, at best, and downright danger (at worst) we suffer because of the way Political Correctness has bastardized the English language.

There isn't anything racial about "black," or "white" at all. Nothing wrong with saying "blackboard," or "black cloud," although we have been told for some years not to because it might offend somebody, somewhere, sometimes.

Fat, skinny, ugly, stupid, short, black, poor, illegal alien, lazy (and lots of other perfectly good words) have all become "insensitive" and therefore taboo. "Gay" doesn't mean happy any more. The language has become so twisted by political correctness that people have trouble saying what they mean and understanding what someone else is trying to say.

harley_52
harley_52 11/27/13 - 02:39 pm
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody....

I hope you all have a great day filled with happiness, family, and friends.

I have many things for which to be thankful and I appreciate every one more and more as years go by.

One of the things I have come to appreciate more than many others is that America has been able to count on men like this in the past.

Tango Mike Mike. Speakers on, volume up.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/27/13 - 02:54 pm
harley

Thanks for the video. Happy Thanksgiving.

harley_52
harley_52 11/27/13 - 03:21 pm
Thanks, JTF....

...you too.

KSL
KSL 11/27/13 - 04:30 pm
harley

Ditto jtf.

Tots
Tots 11/27/13 - 04:37 pm
Happy,

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of the AC rants and rave gang....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/27/13 - 07:49 pm
Happy

Gobble - Gobble All.

KSL
KSL 11/27/13 - 08:13 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all my

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends, and foes. Hope it is great for all. Thanksgiving has special meaning for me. And there is a former poster who shares that with me. Some of our ancestors rode that boat over here.

Kettle donations rise in 2014