Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we are failing our nation’s veterans on a daily basis, and we have to do more to get them back on their feet.

QUESTIONING THE president’s faith ... how Christian is that? NOT! People who claim they are Christians but waste time and angst on putting down every other religion ... obviously there is NO God if one does not slap those people down with a lightening fork.

A HUGE RAVE TO all those responsible for bringing the wonderful events that have been happening at the Evans Towne Center Park especially the awesome concerts! Keep up the good work! (Hint: Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20)

I WENT TO A COLLEGE football game and there was no loud profanity, no drunks passed out on the sidewalk or urinating in public, no men in their 60s barking like a dog, and no trash or beer cans on the ground around the tailgaters: Then I realized I was in Statesboro and not Athens!

A HUGE RANT TO the driver of the pickup truck who was speeding and tailgating on Bobby Jones Expressway. When I was going 61 mph in the right lane and you were on my bumper, I wondered what you were late for. Then you made a wild move, got in front of me and sped away. A few minutes later I saw that you had just wrecked your truck and thought now he’s really going to be late!

FIRE MASON AND Lockett! They want to demand the taxpayers of Augusta pay for another holiday for city workers. Mason and Lockett don’t work for their money now. My husband is a veteran and he has to go to work on Veterans Day. Mason and Lockett might believe they are entitled, but I say No!

I AM TRULY disappointed in The Chronicle for not having a story on the front page about our courageous military personnel on Veterans Day. Surely someone on your staff could find a heartwarming story about a veteran to share with your readers. They deserve to be honored on this day. To ignore them completely is totally unacceptable.

WHAT’S HAPPENING IN the world today? The latest in Augusta is a priest dipping his hand in the kitty! Stealing $1,700, which is certainly not small change, should bring a stiff sentence to say the least. Let’s hope that this does not get “swept under the rug” just because he is a priest.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 10:22 am
You do make a good point IAD :)

"Between him, his sons, Harley and me, we could hold 'em off for a long time"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/25/13 - 10:27 am
It's OK to give a known

It's OK to give a known terrorist country the ability to develop nuclear bombs but it not OK to let a law abiding citizen own a pistol or rifle. I'm getting confused again.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 10:28 am
We are not making this up

This mess is happening now...

We need to kick some protesters right back to their "original" countries...asap...

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/25/13 - 02:31 pm
With the help of Obama Iran

With the help of Obama Iran should be able to build their nuclear arsenal and destroy Israel within the year. I know many of you anti-semitic and anti-zionist will be glad all those folks are dead and Israel no longer exist but that is sick.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 10:54 am
AMA last night

I just couldn't watch the dang thing...we watched the tribute to Carol Burnett & some of the funny skits she made on her tv program years ago...we laughed a lot....that family with mama & eunice was the funniest comedy of all time...Tim conway made some skits even better...I miss that kind of comedy on tv....

Why did they take the funny stuff off tv??

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 11:08 am
ok I made promises I have to keep

I promised the man in this house a few things...
like...if you help with the cleaning..I will do this & that for YOU....he has done his part & is waiting for the rewards......so I upped the ante...if he does just a tad more I will do MORE for him......sooo today is the make or break day......think 100 shades of fun & games..♥

I shall see yall much later....

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/13 - 11:22 am
Online Library

The new Bexar County, Texas online library is interesting. Incidentally, I lived in that county for a couple of years. It's San Antonio, Ft. Sam Houston. It's pronounced BEAR. Anyway, I'd go further than simply getting the books out of the building, I'd do away with the building. Who these days doesn't have some type of device to read books online? Just have the books available online for residents. It's time to use the technology and save BILLIONS.

daphne3520
daphne3520 11/25/13 - 11:45 am
A BIG "AMEN," to the observation about

College Football (anywhere) but Athens, Ga.!!!!!!!! Maybe, but I highly doubt it, they will settle down now that Murray is gonzo!!!!!!

KSL
KSL 11/25/13 - 11:56 am
jtf

Actually I think it was 2 UGA fans fighting.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/25/13 - 12:15 pm
Remember MCG-RU Animal issues of last week?

According to headlines today if they had been filming a Hollywood
movie it might have not been reported.

I am guessing PAYING for that "NO Animals were Harmed" film credit
decal is cheaper that actually having to do it. When it comes to Movie Makers and the AHA, / ASPC's willingness to help out Stars, Producers, real life production staff romances, or the $$$$ that the group and the monitors get paid to sit and watch the filming.

american rose
american rose 11/25/13 - 12:29 pm
NocNoc

I also called in to dispatcher and got the lady with the attitude. File a complaint, well now the only complaint I want to file is against her.
No excuse for rude, what is she there for anyway?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/13 - 05:22 pm
Appreciate Y'all Even More

There's a certain story that I'm glad the people I respect left alone. Are we adults or what? We have a good idea what happened and don't need to rub it in, make jokes about the death or ask embarrassing questions.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 05:36 pm
Brian the dog killed off

They killed Brian the dog on Family Guy & I'm not happy....he was my fav part of the show...they can either bring his tail back or I'm outta there.....dang..he was cute & I don't want some dumb replacement.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 05:38 pm
Martini

Brian also liked his martinis....gotta love a dog like that.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/25/13 - 05:42 pm
Ranter 2 I do not have to

Ranter 2 I do not have to question President Obama's faith. His shameful behavior towards Israel tells me everything that I ever need to know about him. The fact that it doesn't you... tells me everything I need to know about you.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/25/13 - 05:50 pm
Israel

Right on, Willow.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/25/13 - 05:50 pm
Harley's moving to Columbia

Harley's moving to Columbia County? I have been away too long.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/13 - 06:17 pm
Willow knows Harley? No way.

Willow knows Harley? No way.

rebellious
20630
rebellious 11/25/13 - 07:07 pm
SeenitB4

You had em all begging for your rating today! Dang, it was downright embarassing, as a man, to seeing so many grovel at your highnesses feet chanting "We're not worthy".

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 07:15 pm
Well..you got a downer for that rebel

Not really.....maybe they knew I have been feeling low & they are just trying to be nice to me rebel.....just trying to be kind to a granny.....they are all great guys & I love them all......

goodnight to all....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 07:17 pm
Rebel

If if makes you feel better I can give this place a break...just say the word.
REALLY!

happychimer
happychimer 11/25/13 - 09:23 pm
I don't worry about President

I don't worry about President Obama's religion. I don't question his or anyone elses. That is between them and God. I do think it is a crying shame that many who claim to be Christians have no Christian values.By that I mean people claim to be Christians, but they don't do what Jesus taught them to do.

harley_52
harley_52 11/25/13 - 09:27 pm
"I have been away too long."

Yes, Willow, you have been. And you've been missed.

No plans to move to Columbia County, but I have recently purchased some property in that fine county and plan on spending time there whenever I can fishing with the grandkids, sitting around campfires, and letting them explore all they want. May even be able to pop a cap, or two, with CG from time to time.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/26/13 - 10:45 am
Then....Should we not look at what Jesus actually taught...

"........but they don't do what Jesus taught them to do."

Our Lord Jesus warned about those who would come as “sheep in wolves’ clothing.”

“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:15-20).

This is the work of wolves....they spew their doctrine contrary to Christ...then seek to silence those who disagree with them by attempting to shame them, using twisted scripture and their own God against them.

As Christians, we are called to be bold in things of Christ. Not supporting Israel is to go against God.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/26/13 - 10:46 am
Harley, that is so cool.

Harley, that is so cool. Lucky grandchildren!!

myfather15
myfather15 11/26/13 - 02:00 pm
#2

Actually, it's very Christian and VERY smart. Just listen to Christ Himself when he said "By their fruits, ye shall know them."

Well, how in this world are we suppose to KNOW someone, without discerning their behavior and what they PRODUCE!! Obama has absolutely in NO WAY, stood up for Jesus Christ, but he certainly has twisted scripture to fit his own agenda!! I'm very grateful to God that He gave me the wisdom to discern the CLAIMERS from the actual Christians.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/26/13 - 07:42 pm
Amen!

myfather15! Where does one get the idea that being a Christian means you check your brain at the door and lay down to be the doormat?