Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we are failing our nation’s veterans on a daily basis, and we have to do more to get them back on their feet.

QUESTIONING THE president’s faith ... how Christian is that? NOT! People who claim they are Christians but waste time and angst on putting down every other religion ... obviously there is NO God if one does not slap those people down with a lightening fork.

A HUGE RAVE TO all those responsible for bringing the wonderful events that have been happening at the Evans Towne Center Park especially the awesome concerts! Keep up the good work! (Hint: Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20)

I WENT TO A COLLEGE football game and there was no loud profanity, no drunks passed out on the sidewalk or urinating in public, no men in their 60s barking like a dog, and no trash or beer cans on the ground around the tailgaters: Then I realized I was in Statesboro and not Athens!

A HUGE RANT TO the driver of the pickup truck who was speeding and tailgating on Bobby Jones Expressway. When I was going 61 mph in the right lane and you were on my bumper, I wondered what you were late for. Then you made a wild move, got in front of me and sped away. A few minutes later I saw that you had just wrecked your truck and thought now he’s really going to be late!

FIRE MASON AND Lockett! They want to demand the taxpayers of Augusta pay for another holiday for city workers. Mason and Lockett don’t work for their money now. My husband is a veteran and he has to go to work on Veterans Day. Mason and Lockett might believe they are entitled, but I say No!

I AM TRULY disappointed in The Chronicle for not having a story on the front page about our courageous military personnel on Veterans Day. Surely someone on your staff could find a heartwarming story about a veteran to share with your readers. They deserve to be honored on this day. To ignore them completely is totally unacceptable.

WHAT’S HAPPENING IN the world today? The latest in Augusta is a priest dipping his hand in the kitty! Stealing $1,700, which is certainly not small change, should bring a stiff sentence to say the least. Let’s hope that this does not get “swept under the rug” just because he is a priest.

Comments (56)

fishman960
fishman960 11/24/13 - 07:09 pm

Religion

I don't think it is any secret by now that Obama's religion is Muslim...
If you do not know that by now, you must be living under a rock...

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/24/13 - 08:23 pm

UGA and Ga Southern

To the person who says UGA has loud drunks and so on at football games while Ga Southern doesn't, Ga So doesn't go FBS until next year. They'll catch up. I wouldn't doubt there are some people drinking in Statesboro this weekend after beating Florida. But seriously, I have never seen what the ranter describes at UGA. That's gross exaggeration. I suspect the ranter has another team and they played at UGA and lost.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/24/13 - 08:09 pm

@Seenit

I came in late last night but as far as dressing up goes I would pass on any turtleneck. I would put on a blazer and possibly a tie just for you. I used to look the part in my black suit when I worked at a funeral home but don't miss the very cold and very hot days in the cemetery. Still have hair on the top but it is fading! LOL!

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/24/13 - 08:23 pm

Drunk Dawgs

With 93,000 folks gathered in one place you will have all kinds. No different than any other gathering of that size. Except for the dog barking of course. Woof!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/24/13 - 08:57 pm

Holiday

I sympathize with ranter #6. But ranter #6 doesn't understand how it works. You cannot "fire" an elected official. You have to vote them out of office or just wait around until they are term-limited and cannot run again. Thankfully, term-limited describes Bill Lockett, and he will be out of there by January 2015. Mason also will be off the commission in January 2015 whether he wins or loses his run for mayor.

Still, 2014 promises to be a sad year for taxpayers. The unwanted and unneeded bus route to Fort Gordon will be costly.

KSL
KSL 11/25/13 - 02:15 am

Riverman

I have seen horrible behavior and trash. And I have not been to a game in Athens in years. But I did see the worst behavior ever at a game in Athens after UGA lost to USC and George. As we were leaving the game to walk to where we had parked, a UGA fan was beating up on another person. Then he ran away, right by me. My first instinct was to put my leg out as the jerk ran by to tmake him fall and get the mess straightened out with the police. Second sense kicked in quick.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/13 - 06:01 am

Well, Yaah, But....

KSL, I'm sure over the decades back to George Rogers, there have been many anecdotal episodes of bad behavior to be honest. But as JTF said, you get 92,000 people at a big party and there will be a few troublemakers. But I can tell you from my experience there this year, tail gating and all, the crowd was well behaved. I attended with UGA alum, my son and daughter-in-law, and was in the midst of the partying. It's a college crowd, not 2 AM Broad St. drunks. By the way, do you remember Big Thursday in Columbia? Now THAT was wild.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/13 - 06:15 am

A "lightening" fork

A "lightening" fork is one that keeps dropping food before you can get it in your mouth. Lightning strikes. Figures, it's an Obama fan :).

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/25/13 - 07:18 am

@ River

You reckon that obnoxious cock fan who got his butt kicked learned a valuable lesson about running his mouth in a hostile environment.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/25/13 - 08:08 am

Statesboro has class

but Bulldogs kick _____

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/25/13 - 08:26 am

Speeding and tailgating

Will not be bothering the RCSO Dispatch about dangerous speeders after calling my in last Fast and the Furious Driver call.

A few days ago I was headed to Doctors Hospital on Bobby Jones and a Black Ford Mustang Convertible with a Black Roof Handicap Tag hauling tail west bound on Bobby Jones was driver like driving like he was in a Movie chase scene. The driver almost took my and several other cars bumpers off whipping in and out of traffic between US 25 and Gordon Hwy. people were braking to avoid him.

So I called RCSO Dispatch and got an attitude like what do you want us to do about it? Followed by: "Do you want to file a Complaint?"

What am I going to do, stop on Bobby Jones and wait 10 to 15 mins for a Deputy to come by and take a report, as the dangerous driver continues down the road driving like a fool?

Having given the dispatcher good details and the direction of travel. Why is it such a nut roll? Isn't it simple as having a Patrol Car in that area watch for this idiot endangering others?
Why all the hassle?

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/25/13 - 08:27 am

"Let’s hope that this does

"Let’s hope that this does not get “swept under the rug” just because he is a priest."

You are kidding...right. Ten hail Marys at the church and a dap with Roundtree and he is outta here.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 08:36 am

sweetson

I have seen pics of you & you are a "fine" looking man..♥

I think you were standing in the woods with a gun in your hand..& I do like the hunters...I live with one..(even though he is more golfer than hunter now)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 08:42 am

I agree with this

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we are failing our nation’s veterans on a daily basis"

We need to do more....they should be first in line for jobs....I think some places have stressed they will hire vets first...I hope they do...they would make excellent guards in schools.. imo

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/25/13 - 08:46 am

Changes You can believe in are coming

2014 and 2016

Think about it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/25/13 - 08:57 am

I have been slighted by

I have been slighted by seenit again. She told riverman he was a nice looking man. She told sweetson he was a nice looking man. No mention of me.... but then again she has seen me in the flesh too...............

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 09:13 am

RDKILL

You are the best looking 18 wheeler truck driver I have ever known....ever...in my lifetime..:)

I never said RM was nice looking (did I) just when he is in drag & looks like Scarlett OHara.....which happens quite often....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 09:16 am

but then again she has seen me in the flesh too....

Yep...next time wear some clothes ..please...lol

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/25/13 - 09:24 am

Speaking of Veterans and Jobs

Based ion US Dept of Labor Estimates we have an illegal worker population in the USA of between 11 and 14 million.

If only 1 in 3 has a job.

Then 3.2+ to 4.1 millions Veterans and willing USA Citizens are being denied a job by illegal workers.

While it is true about 1/2 those illegal jobs are in the Fast Food
or food industries, that still leaves 1.6 to 2.05 million jobs that could be had by Vet's and citizens.

Just think of 1.5 to 2 million openings and the number of VET's seeking work?

BTW:
An now both sides in Congress are pushing Amnesty because they want the related Latino-votes, come 2014 and 2016.

Note: these are Obama Admin figures, while many PRO-Immigration groups put the illegal working population at between 18 and 23 million.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/13 - 09:43 am

Good Morning "Coming Soon" America

School threatens to Label Students ‘Racists’ Unless They Attend Islam Field Trip

Warner Todd Huston

November 24, 2013 2:10pm PST

British citizens up in arms at a British primary school that has threatened to label kids as “racists” for years on their public school record if they refuse to attend a field trip meant to push Islam on kids. This is a sick example of multiculturalism by force, apparently.

Lynn Small, headmistress at Littleton Green Community School in Huntington, Staffordshire UK, sent a letter home with kids informing parents that if their kids were withheld from a special workshop meant to push Islam a “racial discrimination note” would be attached to their permanent school record and they’d be branded racists for years to come.

Staffordshire University where the special class was being held.

The kids are in what we would call a grade school here in the USA in a school that serves kids from 8-years to 11.

The headmistress’ letter says the field trip is part of a “statutory requirement” for kids “to learn about different cultures.”

Shocking letter sent home with kids.

“The workshop is at Staffordshire University and will give your child the opportunity to explore other religions,” administrator Small ominously said. “Children will be looking at religious artefacts, similar to those that would be on display in a museum. They will not be partaking in any religious practices.”

“Refusal to allow your child to attend this trip will result in a Racial Discrimination note being attached to your child’s education record, which will remain on this file throughout their career,” Small explained in her best jackbooted demeanor.

On top of all those threats, parents are then informed that they have to pay an extra fee for their kids to go on the field trip.

Fortunately, the outrage from parents was enough that government officials got involved and told this jackbooted school boss to retract her threats. Small sent a second letter pleading for parents to disregard her previous missive.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 09:42 am

Bookless Library

I hope Mr Riverman is happy with this news...sigh..

I hate for books to disappear..

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 09:46 am

CGee

My children would leave that school & some leaders would hear some words from parents......this should NEVER come up in the first place...but wait & see...if we sit & do NOTHING...that will happen everywhere....an inch today & a mile next week...on & on...totally insane brain washing going on here.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/13 - 09:48 am

B4

I know you also have seen me in the "Flesh". 73, Fake teeth, 27 hairs left on my head, 4 eyes, mechanical ears but still able to "See, Touch" and Do Whatever.
Now, do I have to beg you for my RATING????

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/13 - 09:56 am

"See, Touch" and Do Whatever.

It is that "whatever" that keeps me coming back :)

You are the best thing to ever hit Appling Ga.....you make me want to move to Appling.....evidently you have some pull with harley too....since he might be your neighbor.....it could get crowded with all of us moving there....we might have to bundle up..haha

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 11/25/13 - 10:12 am

Duh...

Muslim is NOT a religion.

The MSM strikes again.

Be an independent thinker.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 11/25/13 - 10:13 am

Rant # 1

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we are failing our nation’s veterans on a daily basis, and we have to do more to get them back on their feet"

I agree with this rant, completely!! A MUCH larger amount of the military budget should be going to help these veterans!

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/25/13 - 10:18 am

Muslim is an adherent of

Muslim is an adherent of Islam-a religion. They are religious followers of Islam. Duh.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/13 - 10:19 am

Hey, with CG's compound and

Hey, with CG's compound and hardware, that is the first place I'm headed when the poo hits the fan. Between him, his sons, Harley and me, we could hold 'em off for a long time, LOL.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/25/13 - 10:20 am

I do believe that most people

I do believe that most people know Muslim is a reference to those that practice Islam. Now I won't get into semantics but they are often, rightly or wrongly, used interchangeably. Some people need to just think.