Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF WE COULD ticket even half of the drivers who have dark-tinted windows, we could make a fortune here in Augusta.

REMOVE THE JAMES Brown monument from Broad Street.

I’M SO HAPPY about our troops coming home. I just want to thank President Obama. He is a wonderful president. It will be a wonderful day when all our troops come home.

THE CLEANUP ON Bobby Jones Expressway from Peach Orchard to Sand Bar Ferry Road looks very good. You guys did a good job. Thank you.

HUGE RAVE TO OUR football coach this year. Coach Rob Kincaid showed our boys how to win, lose, be serious, have fun, stand up for yourself, back down when necessary and the meaning of being a team. All of our assistant coaches did awesome, too.

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA’S recovery has been so incredible, why are food stamp rolls growing so quickly? In the USDA report for July, there were 800,000 new enrollments in just one month. With a $5 billion cut, the budget for the SNAP program simply reverts to 2011 levels. It is time for the Democrats and the liberal media to stop whining and to tell the truth.

SCOTT DEAN IS not guilty. He should be turned loose. That young girl lied.

I WENT TO THE Columbia County fair. I enjoyed myself except for the smokers. Why can’t it be smoke-free? And if it can’t be smoke-free, why they don’t have a designated area. It would make things so much better.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/18/13 - 08:12 pm
Rant #8

The BreathEasy folks said they were not about banning smoking. They said they just wanted people to "take it outside." Well, the Columbia County fair is outside. We need to be a little more tolerant.

harley_52
harley_52 11/18/13 - 08:39 pm
"It would make things so much better."

For whom?

Should they have a "designated area" for busybodies too?

harley_52
harley_52 11/18/13 - 08:41 pm
"It is time for the Democrats and the liberal media...

....to stop whining and to tell the truth."

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/18/13 - 09:59 pm
Remove the James Brown

Remove the James Brown monument, but keep the civic center named after him? Why do you want the JB monument removed?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/18/13 - 10:12 pm
Azziz needs to visit the

Azziz needs to visit the Podiatry Section at MCG so he can get a foothold in reality.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/19/13 - 09:13 am
Foothold in Reality

How is the satellite medical school campus going in Athens? Don't you think it would be better to actually graduate a doctor there before you start looking someplace else to start a satellite medical school?

And starting a satellite medical school in the same area as a renowned private medical school is merely mindless competition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But as mindless as the Grooo Atlanta campus idea is, it is more logical than trying to turn the Canal Mills into part of the university. Let's face it, there are two old and giant buildings on the Canal. One is a white elephant and the other is an albatross. Azziz and Grooo do not know what to do with them.

They are too big to be single use. Too big for dorms, too big for classrooms, too big for a student activity center, too big for a library.

And to remodel them to make them energy efficient, bright, airy, modern would cost over a hundred million dollars.

Where would the students and faculty park?

And whatever you move to the "Mills Campus" would merely create one or more empty buildings on the Hill.

It would be reckless for Grooo to pacify our lame-duck mayor by accepting responsibility for those buildings.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/18/13 - 10:48 pm
LL, I wonder if Paine College

LL, I wonder if Paine College would be interested in moving to the mills since it appears Grooo is not interested in them?

The whole idea of closing the Summerville campus to consolidate GRU at Frog Hollow or the mills is out to lunch. If Deke keeps this fantasy much longer I'm going to get him a podiatry appointment, too.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/19/13 - 07:22 am
podiatry appointment

RM, I think an appointment with a proctologist may have better results!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/19/13 - 07:23 am
James Brown Monument

Maybe that comment has some merit. If it were moved to Riverwalk, maybe ARC would maintain and secure the area!! Reality, what a concept!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:00 am
Have yall noticed

That some start their posts with the word FACTS..

That makes me want to start with non-facts.....who knows what the FACTS are at any given time.....all facts change with the tide.....the earth was flat & then it wasn't........etc.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:02 am
Monumento

Yeh...move it to Riverwalk....great idea,

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/19/13 - 08:03 am
Facts or Fiction

75% of the warnings shared in Facebook are False!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:04 am
Hands were slapped

I see yall got your hands slapped on the naked gay guy thread....hahah
The AC puts a funnie on here & the posters respond with funnies & get slapped down......way to go!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:04 am
coldbeer

I'll take door #2...FALSE!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:07 am
So was he or not?

I saw ksls post about a gay Barry....made money for cocaine with older white guys the article said.......yall just wait til Sharpton gets a sniff of that article....BOOOY...yall will be in big trouble. :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/19/13 - 08:15 am
Good Morning "Yes, New Trial" America

SCOTT DEAN IS not guilty. (You can't positivity say that until acquitted by a new trial)

He should be turned loose. (Not until he receives a new trial)

That young girl lied. (How do you know the lie wasn't the truth?)

YES, I truly believe that this American Citizen deserves another day in court!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/13 - 08:17 am
SeenIt, nobody got their

SeenIt, nobody got their hands slapped on the naked man in the turban thread that I saw.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:19 am
Yes they did RM

By other posters...can you read what turtle said.....why are you disputing me this am......that is not like you!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:21 am
cgee I agree

The man needs another trial......he said--she said --they said ....

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/13 - 08:25 am
Heh, heh, heh. I must not be

Heh, heh, heh. I must not be fully awake yet to dispute SeenIt.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/19/13 - 08:26 am
@river

Giants paid way to much for Hudson ($23M) and Linsecom ($35M). We'll see how it works out. Braves have a lot of good young arms. I will miss Huddy though. Good guy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:27 am
Heh fully awake?

Don't make me take my mindless blabber to other sites.....some just "might" miss me on here...lol

cgee just sent a funnie I can't put on here ...but a good one cgee! haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/13 - 08:31 am
MSNBC Commentator Goes Way Over

MSNBC commentator Martin Bashir said someone should defecate on Sarah Palin. Has anyone on Fox ever come close to such a remark? What a disgusting network of commentators.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/19/13 - 08:35 am
msnbc

I can't watch them anymore....they all stink....the only guy worth watching is Joe Scarboro.....imo

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/19/13 - 08:35 am
Palin's husband

If her husband doesn't punch the guy out, he is a better man than me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/13 - 08:35 am
JTF, Princeton Offense

JTF, I see where Princeton has come up with a new offense and starts three QBs at the same time. The defense doesn't know which one the snap will go to. I've often though of something like that except I'd take it even further. Why not start 11 backs. Have backs get down like linemen, but back off soon as the ball is snapped. No big linemen. Have them all toss the ball around kind of like basketball. If SC has to play Alabama maybe they should try that. Heh.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/19/13 - 08:37 am
HELP

Does anybody recognize this email address.....

dep928@aol.com

Please contact me by email because it is causing one heck of a problem with my emails. I do no have it listed in any one that I email to or any where in my address book. Really strange!

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/19/13 - 08:40 am
River

Somewhat similar is the defense. Why do they are line up in basically the same formation so the offense knows who to block. When I retire, I plan on coaching kids again. The first thing I am going to do is have the defense spread all over the place haphazardly. They can't fire me, I am a volunteer.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/13 - 08:45 am
CG, dep928 is a Chronicle

CG, dep928 is a Chronicle poster also.