Rants & Raves

RANT TO THE AUGUSTA Chronicle for the picture of the little girl zombie on the front of the Halloween paper. It was sick, disgusting and ridiculous for the cover of a paper, especially for a little girl.

RANT FOR THE THREE teenage boys attempting to walk up the street with their pants down, straining and wobbling all the way. Unfortunately, you are so stupid you can’t figure out what’s wrong. Very unfortunately, you were high school students, amazing.

BIG RAVE TO THE lady who had complained about that offensive quote on the marker on the 700 block of Broad Street. It takes good citizens one step at a time to correct things like that, and I’m so glad she did so. I had rarely gone to that end of town, and I’m glad it is now cleaned up of such an old, pitifully outdated and plain wrong saying!

HERE’S A MESSAGE for the northern doctor’s wife. We are so fortunate to have sensitive newcomers like you to come down south and show the uneducated residents of Georgia how to correct our historical markers. Thanks!

HAT’S OFF TO THE PENNY pinchers like the raver and Bill Kirby. Now let’s hope those being kicked off of food stamps can learn from all that! Time to give up the candies, sodas, cinnamon buns and other non-nutritional items.

IF THE POLITICIANS think the outlying areas are happy with how money is being spent since we consolidated the two governments, then put a straw poll question to the voters next ballot. Seriously, just ask us what we feel.

OBAMA SPOKE IN BOSTON about the advantage of Obamacare. He stated we are all in the game. If you believe this, you must have put him in office for a second term. Ask Obama when he will sign up for this debacle. Recall Reid and Pelosi are the two that rammed this legislation through, but excused Senate and House from taking part in Obamacare as these individuals have a Cadillac health care plan. What is good for the goose is supposed to be good for the gander. Remember these tidbits in November.

TO THE DRIVER IN the gray or silver truck SC tag who made a right turn on Laney-Walker from the left turning lane on 15th Street. You should be glad that I keep up the maintenance on my car.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 11/10/13 - 06:42 pm
Regarding the food stamp

Regarding the food stamp rant. Monster Energy drinks are now classified as beverages instead of dietary supplements. It's also big corporations that like government handouts.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/10/13 - 08:19 pm
Regarding the removed marker

Regarding the removed marker rant. Yeah, that "end of town" is cleaned up of the marker, but it's not cleaned up of all the urine stains on the J.C. Penny building.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/10/13 - 09:12 pm
News Times headlines

Is the News Times defunct? There are still headlines there from August.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/10/13 - 09:17 pm
"Recall Reid and Pelosi are

"Recall Reid and Pelosi are the two that rammed this legislation through, but excused Senate and House from taking part in Obamacare as these individuals have a Cadillac health care plan."

Hate is a strong word that is bandied about too casually (like "racist"); so I can't say I hate those two. However, I despise them both to a degree that I've never felt for a fellow American. If they both disappeared from the earth I would still sleep well.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 05:14 am
anotherday

I noticed you already have 2 downers. I also noticed no opposing comments made. It is becoming more clear that you can't defend the indefensible. All they (uninformed) know is if the Democrats loose power some of the freebies will be lost. How sad.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 05:36 am
To all my brothers and

To all my brothers and sisters in arms. Thank you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 05:40 am
A mule walking around in circles

hahah

I think I see that on here almost everyday. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 05:42 am
Hahah

"We are so fortunate to have sensitive newcomers like you to come down south and show the uneducated residents of Georgia how to correct our historical markers."

And once they get here...they NEVER leave....dang.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 05:48 am
All servicemen

Thank you so very much.....the past-present & soon to be.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 05:50 am
Today and Memorial I can't

Today and Memorial I can't help but shed a tear or two. Remembering those I served with and family members who gave all. The only time I ever wished I had a camera at a funeral was at my nephews. The sight of Navy CPT. Morris Jones (brother in law) saluting the casket of Army CPL Kenneth Jones (nephew) was one of the most touching sights I have ever see. God Bless All.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/11/13 - 06:14 am
Children

This is what happens when your child is exposed to too many commercials on TV. A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon. During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was. Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous.Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand........ The pastor called on him and the little boy said, "I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours you are supposed to call the doctor." It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough for the service to continue.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 06:21 am
OMG

That is the best post of the year..thanks coldbeer...

ya right...I shouldn't ever dare YOU!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 06:23 am
CBBP

Thanks, I need a chuckle this morning.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 06:26 am
Me too RKill

Boy...I have been laughing this am...thanks.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/11/13 - 06:57 am
Veterans

This Thanksgiving I will have the pleasure of cooking for several Veterans, all retired. From Army Grunts to Navy Fliers, they will all be in attendance. I'm proud to say they are also Family. Three days of cooking for 40 people seems a very small Thank You for what they have done.. Pearl Harbor on December 7th, Guadalcanal and the Gulf. During the days they'll speak quietly of what they had to do, who stood beside them and who didn't return home. There'll be tears, silence and laughter as they remember and we'll share those with them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/11/13 - 07:35 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 07:37 am
Dang it, Sean won't let give

Dang it, Sean won't let give but one thumb up. Great clip CG

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/11/13 - 07:54 am
How About It, (TSD)

A "BIG" downer from you to show your True Patriot Socialist Self!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/11/13 - 08:02 am
The Truth About Riverman

Yesterday, in response to Avidreader’s question of when Riverman slept, I had to fess up and explain to explain to him/her that Riverman is a conglomerate of posters using that name. We’ve made some changes in our line up for those interested. From 4-7 AM will be the commenter who previously held the 7-12 AM slot. We believe this change will increase our ratings with the early morning crowd. The drive-time readers were not that plentiful due to accidents they’ve been having trying to read while in heavy traffic. So if you notice changes in the comments of Riverman realize Riverman number 1 and 2 have switched time slots. This is Riverman number 4 explaining all this for your information since I am the program director of the assemblage of commenters forming the corporation knows as Riverman. The six of us will be appearing together live at various establishments in the area. Check our calendar for dates and times. We welcome comments from our readers. We take turns reading them.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/13 - 08:03 am
Gotta add this list of my

Gotta add this list of my family...

Fred Ervin... US Army, KIA, Battle of the Buldge, uncle
Everit Barbee...US Army Air Corp, B17 gunner, WWII, Purple Heart, uncle
Jerry Parsons, US Marines, Infantry, WWII, uncle
Clem Carl, US Marines, Infantry, Korea, Viet Nam, Purple Heart, uncle
Ronnie Carl, US Army, Dessert Storm, cousin
Morris Jones, US Navy, Peace Time, brother in law
Kevin Jones, US Army, KIA Iraqi Freedom, nephew. 2 Purple Hearts and Bronze Star
Me, US Army, Dessert Storm
Kevin Argue, US Army, Iraqi Freedom, son in law

Yes, I am proud of all of them. Even Uncle Fred who I never knew

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 08:12 am
The 6 Faces of Riverman

He actually thinks he is as famous as the Duck Dynasty...(so sad)

Please send funds to the AC in care of my name..I will see that he gets some therapy.....we have high hopes that we can cure this disease...he has served his country & we owe it to him...sigh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 08:17 am
But...keep in mind

There are some things in life that we can't resurrect..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/11/13 - 08:38 am
SeenIt, it's Riverman 5 with

SeenIt, it's Riverman 5 with THAT problem, not me. (See how well this works? Heh)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/13 - 08:58 am
Someone is missing his meds :)

Ok I give.....you win...you need 6 Rivers on here...

1 for harley
1 for ctyman
1 for Sean
1 to be funny
1 for Austin
1 to entertain us..♥

see yall later...this is our news today in Gwinnett--changing county--sad too..

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 11/11/13 - 08:59 am
@ itsanotherday 9:12pm

I checked the News Times web site. It looks updated to me. Send me an email and let me know what you're seeing, and I will try to help.
sean.moores@augustachronicle.com

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/11/13 - 09:00 am
Rivermans and College football

R-1 Clemson
R-2 cocks
R-3 gt
R-4 UGA

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/11/13 - 09:04 am
Today is a Day of Remembrance,

in fact it was called Remembrance Day at one time.
A day ALL of America should be stepping back and thanking Vet's for their service and the freedoms we still.

These men and women put on a suit and served their country whether it was popular or not.

It Is Also Very Important We Not Forget
The Mothers, Wives, and families with too many Gold Stars hanging in their windows. They too deserve recognition.

So instead of Shopping for specials this morning take the family down to Board St. for the Veterans Day Parade . TODAY, November
11, 2013 - 10:00 am Downtown Augusta Parade starts a 13th street
and continues 4th street. The Cost is free and you get a chance
to use the new Parking Deck you are paying for also.

harley_52
harley_52 11/11/13 - 09:03 am
My Best Wishes...

...for peace, prosperity, and happiness to all the veterans who have served and are still serving this great Country and to all the families who have supported them.

God bless you all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/11/13 - 09:25 am
JTF, put UGA in front of Tech

JTF, put UGA in front of Tech. Put GA So somewhere in there, too. Include Furman, Citadel. Heck, I just love football it looks like. Southern teams anyway.

PS Did you see where the Braves are moving to Cobb County?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/11/13 - 09:18 am
To RK, CG, Harley and all my

To RK, CG, Harley and all my fellow vets, y'all did good.

Monitor reports worsening Vogtle delays

Scheduling delays for two nuclear reactors under construction at Plant Vogtle are worsening, according to a report from a state-hired construction monitor.