Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE U.N. IS POKING its nose into our prisons. They now want free access to prisons in California, New York and Colorado. The U.N.’s special monitor on torture called for scrutiny of prisons that put inmates in solitary confinement. He also wants access to any prison he chooses and freedom to speak with inmates.

IT WAS THURSDAY night and I was coming home from a long trip. I changed to a local channel on the radio – 104.3 was playing Christmas music and we hadn’t even got through Halloween yet. Why be in such a hurry; the day after Thanksgiving is soon enough.

MEDICARE AND Social Security were paid for by the recipients. Many who paid for it never collected any payments. I paid into the system 43 years. Many welfare, food stamp and Medicaid recipients have paid nothing, it is free and too much is given. Why is this not included in the over obligated collapse of the U.S. government?

BLESS THE LITTLE town of Hephzibah. My family and I living here for generations like the area. But we expect quality when it comes to our small police force. We want to be represented well with our paid city staff. I have a few years on me, but what’s up with the black police trucks with the barely visible police markings? Why not sell some of the extra patrol cars and buy one with visible markings, city leaders?

RAVE TO Augusta Mall for holding the Spin Off on Saturday. It was great to see so many people come out and support breast cancer awareness.

IT LOOKS LIKE TAX credits are going to be handed out freely to participants of the Affordable Care Act insurance program. Apparently, a single person can qualify with an income up to $45,960, and a family of four can qualify with am income up to $94,200. Unfortunately, it’s us taxpayers who will be footing the bill. The Affordable Care Act is not going to come cheap.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA of school board President Venus Cain to boost the confidence and self-esteem of students by publicly recognizing them for making major progress this school year. I hope that this program will continue, since it will have such a positive impact.

ALABAMA IS TAKING students’ seats away for not staying the whole game? Saban said it looks bad to recruits at the games. I see we truly don’t live in a free country anymore.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/09/13 - 05:55 am
The UN has been “poking it's

The UN has been “poking it's nose” for quite some time! With full blessings from some of our elected officials!

What? You thought we are immune?

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/09/13 - 05:58 am
104.3

Christmas music is their bread and butter.

It's getting harder and harder to support a radio station playing "shallow pop" 24-7.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/09/13 - 06:03 am
SS is a rip

If I had the 15% of my wages, over my lifetime, put into the investment of MY choice, I'd be comfortable.

Instead, I'll be lucky if I get anything, considering the Ponzi scheme is going broke.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/09/13 - 06:16 am
Good Morning Awguster

Back to yesterdays discussion of geographically challenging place names. There is an approximately 10 mile stretch in Virginia where interstates 77 and 81 run the same highway. Strange part is if you are going north on 81 you are going south on 77 and vice versa. This isn't the only place in the US of A that this happens.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:17 am
North ....

North South East West
Who do we love today

Sometimes I can't believe the conversations we have on here......

I'll take South for 2 hundred Alex...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/09/13 - 07:19 am
Really Mr Cruise?!?!?! Maybe

Really Mr Cruise?!?!?! Maybe you should have your enemies in your next movie use real bullets. Then maybe it will be a LITTLE like serving in Afghanistan.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:21 am
Rants/Raves

It is too early for Christmas music
Thanks to Augusta Mall
We have paid in for Medicare & Social Security
It has never been a free country
The UN pokes too much
Hephzibah is quaint & I like the town

I wish I had granmas mustard biscuit.....with blackberry jelly in it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/09/13 - 07:23 am
Said the turkey to the fat

Said the turkey to the fat guy... Wait until December fatso, this is MY month!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:33 am
Tom Cruise

I am losing respect for Mr Cruise...:(

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 07:36 am
Just To Tick Off The Anti-Christmas Music Ranter

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 07:38 am
Morning Seenit, RK

Good luck with your physical, RK. Nothing to tell you but get lots of rest, take your meds. Usually in the afternoon people feel better. Take your BP at a drug store or somewhere before you go and see how it is. That's all I can offer.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:42 am
The Plan

Obama to a regular guy--"If you like your plan you can keep it."

Regular guy--"I lost my plan."

Obama to guy--"You must not have liked your plan."

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:44 am
That's all you can offer !!

I hope I'm not dying & I need your expert advice....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/09/13 - 07:49 am
Music Rant

My radio has a knob on it that allows me to change the frequency and listen to something else if I don't like what they are playing. Perhaps it is something you should look into. Modern technology is a wonderful thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 07:54 am
Modern tech

My smart tech guy showed me some things on his IPhone....the wonders of the new world tech...he can see where his mom-pop-kin are at any given moment........if they are late to meet up he just checks on his phone to see their location.....if his dad stopped at the gas station he can see that....dang .....I said to him..."Do you ever put that thing down?" He said at night it was by his bedside.....& he would use it at times....
Now....that is 24/7 coverage....I can't take that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 08:03 am
I JUST got a smart phone. I

I JUST got a smart phone. I have finally figured out how to make a call. Swear.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 08:04 am
Toronto Mayor and Deke Rooming Together

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is a binge drinking, strip club patron, crack smoking, loud brawler who has been kicked out of basketball games for bad behavior and threatened to kill critics. Wouldn’t it be funny if he ended up at a mayors’ conference and due to a shortage of rooms was forced to room with our own Deke Copenhaver.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 09:52 am
You Knew More Was Coming...Part 2

Rob Ford says to Deke, “We are going to have some fun tonight. You know what I do in Toronto. What do you do for fun in Augusta?”

Deke answers, “Well, I go to the beach in South Carolina a lot and turn off my phone.”

“You got strip clubs down there?”

“Yes, unfortunately, on our main street.”

Ford pours a big shot of Canadian Club and offers Deke one.
“Nope, I only drink bottled water from pristine mountain waterfalls.”

Ford continues to drink and is getting a little high. Deke comes out of the bathroom wearing his Speedos. “Rob, I’m going to exercise if you don’t mind.”

Ford says, “Now you know I like to party, but I’m not into anything kinky with guys.”

Deke grins, “Oh, certainly not. Nothing like that. I’m happily married and don’t even look at other women. I even have one pretty female reporter type fixated on me and I don’t give her the time of day.”

Deke feverishly does an exercise called Capoeria Lunges with a Richard Simmons video playing.

Ford on the phone to the hotel desk, “Look I really have to get out of this room. If you don’t find me another one I’m going to come down and break this empty liquor bottle over your head.”

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/09/13 - 08:13 am
Good Morning America

My one Joke for the day.

When I came home from golfing today, the wife left a note on the fridge:

It's not working, gone to stay with my Mother.
I can't take it anymore.

I opened the fridge, the light came on, and the beer was cold.
What the hell is she talking about?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 08:20 am
cgee & river

You 2 are HOT this morning...my video for yall..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/09/13 - 09:13 am
Company coming

I can't stay & really debate some "issues" on here....all I can say is
"Come join us in the world of today before Hillary licks your plate clean."

Have a good day ...I will think about some pompous guys while I drink my martinis today...:)

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/09/13 - 09:54 am
A country going off the deep end

A country that is going off the deep end with more and more shortsightedness in its pandering to people for their votes.

It goes further and further into debt to care for those that are too lazy to care for themselves.

It rewards politicians for steering $$$$ to donors and friends.

A country that violates its own law or finds ways to redefine what the law say for the governments benefit.

It has lost control of its borders.

A country being attacked by allies becuause our rulers grew paranoid of them.

A country being terrorized internally by those tried of being forced to labor for the political wimps of those in power.

A country that is too involved in the other countries affairs and neglected its own citizenry.

A country with too many military outposts and embassies that it cannot no properly defend.

A country that imports more than it produces.

A country that no longer bothers to produce for itself, but relives on cheap labor of other countries to deliver wine, food, clothing, and more.

I could go on and on why ROME fell almost 1700 years ago,
but I can bet you get the idea.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/09/13 - 10:22 am
Observations from the Road

The more restrictions on legal gun ownership the more people use guns illegally. Why? Its simple, the bad guys know we good guys can't defend ourselves.

You can't go to the healthcare.gov site and just ask how much the premium would be. You have to create an account just to look. But the Emperor says he won't use the information collected. Then why do I have to create an account and give all my personal info?

The Emperor keeps signing executive orders giving himself more power. Be afraid, be very afraid.

If the Emperors administration is so transparent, why did we have to pass Obamacare to see whats in it?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/13 - 10:54 am
Amazing IRS Statistic Concerning Richmond County

I was watching Fox News this morning and they had someone one from a website called Moneywalks.com. It has a breakdown of the states that have lost money and those that have gained. They use the hard data from the IRS. Thankfully, Georgia gained $15.5 billion in adjusted gross income (AGI) from 1992 to 2012.

But the bad news is Richmond County LOST an astounding $869 million over the same period.

You can click on any state and it shows the breakdown by counties. Columbia County gained $596 million in AGI. Aiken gained $350 million. These are startling numbers that haven’t been mentioned that I know of.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/09/13 - 10:32 am
"Unfortunately, it’s us

"Unfortunately, it’s us taxpayers who will be footing the bill. The Affordable Care Act is not going to come cheap."

Oh you ain't see nothing yet. The prices you see on the web site are THIS YEAR'S special introductory rate. Just like the satellite and cable companies, after 12 months THE PRICE DOUBLES.....maybe TRIPLES when they see that YOUNG and HEALTHY folks are not as stupid as the Democrats thought they would be.

And for the states that expanded Medicaid, just watch their state tax rates skyrocket with the Feds quit covering the cost of the expansion. The OUT OF POCKET COST of OBAMACARE to the WORKING, TAXPAYING AMERICAN PUBLIC is INCALCULABLE.

Yes, I said the TAXPAYING American public......the LARGEST TRUE MINORITY in this country.

allhans
allhans 11/09/13 - 11:02 am
"the LARGEST TRUE MINORITY in

"the LARGEST TRUE MINORITY in this country."

And dwindling fast.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/09/13 - 11:10 am
A Country Going Off The Deep End (nocnoc)

Here's Why! Completly wrapped in a nut shell.

Maureen Scott is an ardent American patriot who was born in Pittsburgh, PA, and retired to Richmond, VA, in 2000. Free from the nine-to-five grind of writing for employers and clients, she began writing political commentary to please herself and express her convictions. Our Pledge of Allegiance, a military band playing the National Anthem, and the wisdom of our Founding Fathers, inspire her passion and views. Her life is guided by a firm belief that truth is the most important virtue, and that God knows what He is doing with her.

Love him or hate him, this needs to be read.

The Architect of Destruction
By Maureen Scott

Obama appears to be a tormented man filled with resentment, anger, and disdain for anyone of an opinion or view other than his. He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others. Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors and it seems to have never left him.

It is not the color of his skin that is a problem in America.

Rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.

Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings? Has he ever revealed that, like most patriotic Americans, he gets "goose bumps" when a band plays "The Star Spangled Banner," or sheds a tear when he hears a beautiful rendition of " America the Beautiful?" Does his heart burst with pride when millions of American flags wave on a National holiday - or someone plays "taps" on a trumpet? Has he ever shared the admiration of the military, as we as lovers of those who keep us free, feel when soldiers march by? It is doubtful because Obama did not grow up sharing our experiences or our values. He did not sit at the knee of a Grandfather or Uncle who showed us his medals and told us about the bravery of his fellow troops as they tramped through foreign lands to keep us free. He didn't have grandparents who told stories of suffering and then coming to America , penniless, and the opportunities they had for building a business and life for their children.

Away from this country as a young child, Obama didn't delight in being part of America and its greatness. He wasn't singing our patriotic songs in kindergarten, or standing on the roadside for a holiday parade and eating a hot dog, or lighting sparklers around a campfire on July 4th as fireworks exploded over head, or placing flags on the grave sites of fallen and beloved American heroes.

Rather he was separated from all of these experiences and doesn't really understand us and what it means to be an American. He is void of the basic emotions that most feel regarding this country and insensitive to the instinctive pride we have in our national heritage. His opinions were formed by those who either envied us or wanted him to devalue the United States and the traditions and patriotism that unites us.
He has never given a speech that is filled with calm, reassuring, complimentary, heartfelt statements about all the people in the U.S. Or one that inspires us to be better and grateful and proud that in a short time our country became a leader, and a protector of many. Quite the contrary, his speeches always degenerate into mocking, ridiculing tirades as he faults our achievements as well as any critics or opposition for the sake of a laugh, or to bolster his ego. He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who opposes his policies and actions. A secure leader, who has noble self-esteem and not false confidence, refrains from showing such dread of critics and displaying a cocky, haughty attitude.

Mostly, his time seems to be spent causing dissension, unrest, and anxiety among the people of America , rather than uniting us (even though he was presented to us as the "Great Uniter"). He creates chaos for the sake of keeping people separated, envious, aggrieved and ready to argue. Under his leadership Americans have been kept on edge, rather than in a state of comfort and security. He incites people to be aggressive toward, and disrespectful of, those of differing opinions. And through such behavior, Obama has lowered the standards for self-control and mature restraint to the level of street-fighting gangs, when he should be raising the bar for people to strive toward becoming more considerate, tolerant, self-disciplined, self-sustaining, and self-assured.

Not a day goes by that he is not attempting to defy our laws, remove our rights, over-ride established procedures, install controversial appointees, enact divisive mandates, and assert a dictatorial form of power.
· Never has there been a leader of this great land who used such tactics to harm and hurt the people and this country.
· Never have we had a President who spoke with a caustic, evil tongue against the citizenry rather than present himself as a soothing, calming and trustworthy force.
· Never, in this country, have we experienced how much stress one man can cause a nation of people - on a daily basis!
Obama has promoted the degeneration of peace, civility, and quality of cooperation between us. He thrives on tearing us down, rather than building us up. He is the Architect of the decline of America, and the epitome of a Demagogue.