Rants & Raves

IT’S RIDICULOUS. Football all day on Saturday and all day on Sunday. Not everybody in the area watches football. I would rather see Saturday evening news. It is ridiculous to have all three networks covered up with football.

I BELIEVE the Republican Party should learn from the Democrats because they speak with one voice, one mind and with one accord. Unlike the Republicans, the Democrats are united.

WHY DON’T YOU want to print any negative comments? I have had cancer twice and neither one was pink. Why don’t you care about all cancer patients?

I HEARD THAT the Columbia County Water Department is no longer going to charge its homeowners a stormwater runoff fee on their water bill since county residents have been drinking contaminated storm water for the past two weeks.

ANY CITY councilman in Blythe who voted for this boondoggle library project should be voted out. Blythe still has no crossing guard at our school, and the road I live on still hasn’t been paved. They need to get their priorities in order.

HOW LONG DO we who live in downtown have to listen to the trains abuse their air horns 24 hours, seven days a week before you put in traffic guards?

THIS IS A huge rave for the National Hills Animal Hospital doctors and staff. They are the best.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL – targeting penalty? Come on! Why not put one in there for thinking about targeting! What ever happened to smash-mouth football? Line them up, and let them play.

THE POPULACE is now learning the Affordable Care Act is like watching the Titanic in its last hours. Leadership from the top and HHS was lacking, and the Democratic Party stance was repeated numerous times. No compromise. (My way or the highway). Now HHS is bringing IT specialists to fix a unfixable Web site after the baby was thrown out with the bath water.

RANT ABOUT the Opinion page. I generally like the columns, but I am getting tired of Bob Young constantly writing about the water. And Gen. Smith is always writing about leadership. There has to be other people to write opinions.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/04/13 - 09:42 pm
Want to see small town under the table politics?

Brought the Blythe Library deal up 2 weeks ago in the R&R's.
Almost zero interest.

I guess libraries, even when built by hook or crook, are off limits to media investigations.

BUT, If you are interested do a FOIA with the city council on the matter.

Look into the Library Deal, how the land and the building were purchased without a bid process.

How a price was set to be just enough under the magic $100K mark to avoid a lot of bidding.

Etc...

harley_52
harley_52 11/04/13 - 09:40 pm
Second-Last Rant...

I totally agree and I think the Titanic analogy is a good one.

There were plenty of chances to avoid hitting the iceberg, but the Administration and democrats in Congress ignored them. Now that they've struck the iceberg, they really haven't yet realized the gravity of the situation. They're still dancing in the ballroom.

Man the lifeboats. The Ship is going down.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/04/13 - 09:53 pm
Major RAVE to the Columbia Co. Fair

The 1st thing that we loved about it was the Sign out front.
"PROPER CLOTHING REQUIRED"

We walked the whole show (something of an accomplishment for me.)
We did not hear 1 cuss word, 1 loud mouth screaming to talk across 100 feet.

We did not see a lot of weird non-family stuff.

We did not see a deputy sheriff every 20 yards or the need.

Free SAFE Parking. close to the entrance.

We did not see a bunch of kids acting like thugs or brats.

My hats off to the people that decided to use the older ladies to sell and take tickets. It really set a family tone from the 1st monument.

BTW:
The Best Funnel Cake vendor
As you are entering the Fair areas is:
Just right of center on the midway.

crunchy without being greasy.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/04/13 - 10:48 pm
Proper Clothing

Six Flags Over Georgia has a dress code, too. Here it is:

If you have cleavage, you must show it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:25 am
Football Football

I will bet good money that 1st rant was written by a woman..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:27 am
Yes I remember

"HOW LONG DO we have to put up with the unsafe areas at Augusta Mall? Does anyone remember what happened at the last mall?"

Maybe you should elaborate a little bit.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:29 am
Blythe Library

I commented on that....I liked it & said they should get it....some debated with me but I stood my ground....because a woman has a right to make a decision that is not founded on logic of any kind......and I know how to do that!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:31 am
ACA

I would like to take that & put it somewhere...any guesses??

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:42 am
Deer Season

If you value your life just stay out of their way.....they are faster than a speeding bullet---they have no brain cells at this time---they are typical males with one thing on their mind & it ain't health insurance!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:58 am
Car Jacked at the drive thru

If that ever happens to me I will not post about it on here.....because I know what a car can do to a body....I would be ashamed I didn't use my car to make flat bread outta some jerk..

I did have a little olelady beat the back of my car in a drive thru.....this was in Augusta at the corner of Gordon Hy & deans Bridge......kinda crazy woman.....we did have some words & my daughters said they knew I could take her....hahah..(I let her live though)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 07:02 am
Good Morning "Deer Season" America

Yes B4, those deer horns can be very unwanted or beautiful and fulfilling!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 07:23 am
Good am Cgee

We had a deer run across our car in downtown Lawrenceville...not in the country---not by the woods..BUT downtown...a huge one & he clipped the front of the car......a minor hit but cost thousands to fix...he kept on running like nothing had happened.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 07:33 am
Didn't Work, Sorry

Didn't Work, Sorry

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/05/13 - 07:34 am
Cleavage

Official Cleavage Inspector, motorboating, free while you wait!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 07:38 am
OH Well, How About A Joke

Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman are out for a stroll in town one Day.
As they walk, they come across a sign: "Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world."

"I am entering!" said Snow White.
After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, "Well, how'd ya do?"
" First Place !," said Snow White.
They continue walking and they see a sign:

"Contest for the strongest man in the world."
"I'm entering," says Superman.
After half an hour, he returns and they ask him, "How did you make out?"
First Place ," answers Superman. "Did you ever doubt?"

They continue walking when they see a sign:

"Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?"

Pinocchio enters. After half an hour he returns with tears in his eyes.
"What happened?" they asked.

"Who the hell is Obama?" asked Pinocchio.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/05/13 - 07:47 am
The latest Lie being said by the Administration on Obamacare

Obama: "What We Said Was You Can Keep It If It Hasn't Changed Since The Law Passed."

Low info voters are one thing, but it would take Mole people to buy this latest lie? There are just too many video and audio clips of him saying just the opposite.

Even Washington Times Is On Him.

"Could there be a greater contrast than this:
After the first day of the Obamacare website being live, www.healthcare.gov, the White House bragged that it had 4.7-million visitors.

Now CBS News reports the total number of people who actually signed up that day was six.

a Single digit. Six.

"

Sooner or later even Socialists and Liberals will get tired of being lied too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 07:52 am
This is true

Every statement made by the President and his press people has become suspect. President Barack Obama and press spokesman Jay Carney would each need to pass a great many polygraph tests to restore even a slight level of public trust.

Now when I look at him on tv I see a skinny kid without a clue as to what has happened......the insurance biggies are making mince meat out of him & laughing about it.....he is so out of his league...clueless.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 08:00 am
Motorboating you say..heh

Now how many even know what that is....the reason I know is because you put a video of it on fb......veeery interesting game some guy came up with....you don't hear of a woman wanting to motorboat anything..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 08:05 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 08:35 am
Thunder Road....remember that song...

Scarlett is 100 today...well Vivian Leigh would have been ......Happy Birthday to a great actress.....too bad she can't play in my book/movie...

I got my moneys worth today.....stuff to do now---massage my hubbys toes---buy him a dinner he loves--worship him in every way--haha--yeh--I'm lying, but yall should be used to that by now!!:):):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/05/13 - 09:14 am
Columbia County Fair

Nocnoc, the Columbia County Fair is an anachronism of the fairs we remember as children. It’s a fantastically great event with smiling people everywhere just like the old days. Don’t even worry about safety there. But this idea you have about it being family oriented disappoints me. What is a fair without a hoochie coochie show down on the end? Heh, heh, heh. Don’t tell me you didn’t go to those when you were younger. That was the place the deputies looked the other way once a year for a week and us country boys had something to talk about for the whole year. Man, you could just stand out front without going in listening to the fat guy in the suit make the pitch with the women there fully clothed and IMAGINE what the show was like.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/05/13 - 09:29 am
Ranting About Too Much Football

You forgot Friday night lights and high school football. Heh. Life doesn't start until about 7 on Friday nights and ends with Monday night football. Tues, Wed and Thurs are the only days I work, take showers, stay sober and have intimate relations.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/05/13 - 10:00 am
Time to impeach Obama and

Time to impeach Obama and Dems in Congress for supporting a "culture of corruption" of the Obama administration. We now know with impunity he lied about the ACA and likely everything else.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 10:03 am
Sean, Been 5 Years Almost To The Day....

Time for a "Behind The Comments #2"

"Behind the comments"

By Kelly Jasper

Staff Writer

Sunday, Nov. 16, 2008

Comments (13)

Every so often, they meet face to face at a downtown restaurant or an Augusta GreenJackets game. Most days though, they trade pleasantries, daily chatter and missives without ever having to really see or talk to one another. They're the commentators who weigh in on local issues daily at www.augustachronicle.com.

We have profiled three people who have posted thousands of comments over the years. There's a chemist-turned-handyman, a snake-loving grandmother and a patriotic military man. They are behind the nearly 200,000 comments left on the newspaper's Web site this year.

USERNAME: ROSE//ALL-TIME POSTS: 5,362//MEMBER SINCE: DEC. 12, 2006

WHO IS SHE? Gina Lee, AugustaChronicle.com's third-most frequent commentator

HER LIFE OFFLINE: Mrs. Lee, a short blonde with bobbed hair, is an Augusta native, a Barack Obama supporter and an animal lover. The 60-year-old is a mother of three and grandmother to seven. She checks the Web site most mornings while eating breakfast alongside her pet python, Rambo, and the family's toothless cat, Hot Rod.

HER LIFE ONLINE: Mrs. Lee started commenting on the site two years ago. She says her screen name doesn't hold a whole lot of personal significance.

"There was a character on As the World Turns . I watched it for years. I always liked the name," she said.

She finds herself at odds with other commentators more often than not.

"People don't like me because they disagree with me, mostly on political things," she said. "Maybe after the elections I'll change my screen name and get a fresh start."

WHY SHE COMMENTS: "I've got opinions. I'm a person that I don't bite my tongue. Online, true colors come out. I enjoy posting as long as everyone's not fussing."

WHAT SHE'S SAYING: "My husband never posts. He tells me to stay away from it all. He's probably right."

USERNAME: PATRICIATHOMAS //ALL-TIME POSTS: 10,183// MEMBER SINCE: DEC. 10, 2006

WHO IS HE? Tom Moores, AugustaChronicle.com's all-time most frequent commentator, with more than 10,000 posts, including 5,601 this year

HIS LIFE OFFLINE: "Mr. Moores" isn't a typo. His screen name leads many people to think that he's actually a she. It's a common mistake, Mr. Moores said, and one that he encourages.

"I go out of my way to not say he or she," he said. "I say 'my spouse' instead of 'my wife.' "

The screen name was once used to manage the account he and his wife shared, but she has since gotten her own and Mr. Moores says he didn't see any reason to change it. "It's a lot of fun, even though I get chauvinistic comments that you wouldn't believe," he said.

HIS DAY JOB: Mr. Moores, who, at 58, wears a long, blond ponytail and goatee, makes his living renovating houses. The work offers a flexible schedule that gives him time to keep up with his hobbies. His customers know he likes to weigh in online.

"Some folks will even cut out my comments when they appear in the paper," he said. "I feel like I'm a bit famous."

HIS LIFE ONLINE: Mr. Moores posts 15 to 20 times a day to maintain his status as No. 1 commentator. He gravitates to "politics, anything to do with race discrimination or gay rights -- the most controversial issues out there."

WHY HE COMMENTS: "It's the best feature in this community. It has precipitated more communication between blacks and whites than anything else in this community. My perspective has changed drastically over the years because of it. It's made me more understanding of other perspectives."

WHAT HE'S SAYING: Mr. Moores' longest break from the site lasted three or four days when his cable internet went out.

"I was in severe withdrawal. It's unbelievably addictive," he said. "It's computer morphine."

USERNAME: JACK//ALL-TIME POSTS: 4,814// MEMBER SINCE: DEC. 17, 2006

WHO IS HE? Dr. John Cheatham, the fourth-most frequent commentator at www.augustachronicle.com -- more than 3,363 posts this year

HIS LIFE OFFLINE: The 73-year-old North Augustan is a retired Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He went on to study adult education.

HIS LIFE ONLINE: "I'm retired, so it's part of my pastime in the morning. Or in the afternoon, too," he said, "when it gets really hot."

He runs into a number of former military men and active-duty soldiers online.

WHY HE COMMENTS: He is drawn to political news and commentary.

"I'm a constitutionalist, politically. The election of Obama scares the hell out of me, and I comment because somebody has to say something about it."

He often comments on Rants & Raves, a feature he appreciates because of its anonymity.

WHAT HE'S SAYING: "The Rants & Raves give you the ability to throw hand grenades at everybody back and forth and no body gets hurt."

THE ALL-TIME TOP 10

8. RollingEyes 3,058

9. I4PUTT 2,797

10. dani 2,622

The numbers

All-time comments to the site 328,758

Comments so far in 2008 192,431

All numbers listed are compiled from databases of www.augustachronicle.com as of 2 p.m. Nov. 12. All-time statistics are based on data compiled since the Web site's comment feature went live Nov. 21, 2006.

NOTE: The couple who post under the second-most frequent username, kathysueloudermilk, declined to be interviewed, unwilling to have their more "outspoken" opinions linked to their professional work.

Comments (13)

Nammy 11/17/08 - 11:23 pm
and we get to comment here?
and we get to comment here? LOL

PTHS225 11/18/08 - 01:11 am
Is it safe?
Is it safe?

Rose 11/18/08 - 09:22 am
This was not here Sunday.
This was not here Sunday.

Nammy 11/18/08 - 09:23 am
No it was not...glad to see
no it was not...glad to see it tho...sending it out too. (':

Rose 11/18/08 - 09:28 am
Maybe they wanted to know the
Maybe they wanted to know the reaction of other posters before they posted it.

Jake 11/18/08 - 09:50 am
Hi Rose, nice picture of you
Hi Rose, nice picture of you and Rambo. jack looks pretty much like, well, jack. No surprise there. Wow, patty is a guy! There were things in his posts in the past that made me wonder about him, like never mentioning a "husband" or his comment about having "lesbian tendencies". Ha, ha. They should show some more of the posters in the future.

Rose 11/18/08 - 10:14 am
Hi Jake.Thanks. Would you
Hi Jake.Thanks. Would you believe my son was joking about meeting with a few posters for lunch at Golden Corral, and they said yes? hahaha. My son was not expecting that.He said he will think about it, but he wants me to go with him to Golden Corral if he decides to meet them.. hahaha.

KSL 11/18/08 - 10:54 am
I remember at one gathering,
I remember at one gathering, the one Double D suggested, I was asked if I had me Patricia Thomas. I answered yes. The next question was what was she like. I said, "Not anything like you would expect."

jedex6 05/13/09 - 08:14 pm
Except for Rose, who is okay
Except for Rose, who is okay but definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, the top posters are all in the tank for far right wing, christian religious, conservatism. If you are not a con, they roll over you like a steamroller, saying nothing reasonable and simply validating the same old tired, worn out, and discarded-by-the-mainstream myths, lies, and half-truths. Ditto heads who occupy a seperate universe ruled by Limbaugh according to the tenents of Fox News and other right wing media outlets. The same media that the AC editors worship and trumpet, day in and day out. Ho hum. "Nothing to see here, keep moving", is the best advice I can give. Don't be like me. I had to learn this the hard way. Don't waste your time with these dodo heads.

convertedsoutherner 07/02/09 - 06:19 pm
Those that complain the
Those that complain the loudest don't always win the prize. Some don't like the message so they continue to attack the messenger.

jedex6 10/26/09 - 08:21 pm
Smearing a popularly elected
Smearing a popularly elected president. Beating the drums for corporate war profiteers. Working against their own interests, and in favor of bloodsucking insurance companies. Believing the lies that unions and not poor management destroyed America's industrial base. Blaming the gov't for the financial crisis and the housing crisis, as if the banks and the crooks on Wall St are just poor innocent victims of government. What is it about right wing Republicans that makes them hate this counrty so much? Why are they okay with CEO's making billions while working people get peanuts? Oh yeah free maket, blood sucking capitalism is good. Regulations in place before Reagan dismantled them, and people still had decent wages and the country was far richer, that was bad. In the minds of these pea brains.

mieshel 10/27/09 - 12:22 am
High five to jedex n rose
High five to jedex n rose

usafvet 11/16/10 - 07:18 pm
You'll miss your peanuts when
You'll miss your peanuts when they are gone.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 11/05/13 - 10:08 am
@CG

I'll look into it. Would any of our "super commenters" be willing to give interviews?

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/05/13 - 10:27 am
I hope I'm not a "super

I hope I'm not a "super commenter" because that likely means I got a problem blogging too much. I thought I'd kicked the habit by my hiatus. In any case if not a "super commenter" my comments are still super. Even the ones Sean removes. Hee,hee,hee. Just kiddin' I'm inappropriate at times-I admit it and apologize. We can have a masked ball where we all go as our monikers. I'll hire Hardees to make me a giant Biscuit. That way if I get angry and say "eat me" it won't be offensive. My bad. Yep every village has an idiot-or a joker. I made my Dunce cap out of aluminum foil. That way I get better reception.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/05/13 - 10:39 am
"Jack"

Didn't I hear that John Cheatham passed away?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 11/05/13 - 10:44 am
I don't think I'm super

I'd be willing. Some things I'm fervent about and some I'm just a joker.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 10:49 am
"Anonmity"

obscurity, facelessness, namelessness, nowhere, nowheresville, silence.

Not me, never will be.

Yes Sean, I would more than willing to give an interview. I have no locked up skeletons in my closet.