Rants & Raves

OUR IMMIGRATION laws are not broken. They are not being enforced. More lies coming from our politicians in order to legalize millions of illegal aliens.

WHILE TEA PARTY members continue to think shutting down the government didn’t hurt anything, it will be a shame if the Republican caucus is let off the hook for its accountability in governing responsibly.

IF YOU HAVE rental property, here’s a tip. Get at least three references and call them right in front of your potential renters. You might be surprised how many phone calls this will save you later.

PRESIDENT OBAMA says that immigration reform will grow the economy and reduce the deficit. How? He’s trying to sell immigration reform anyway he can. Truth does not come into it!

RANT FOR Russell and his latest package of raises for county employees with a budget deficit of $8.5 million dollars! This is crazy!

IS AUGUSTA INSANE? Thinking of spending $1 million each on five roundabouts? These roads are in dire need of having the white center lines repainted. The lines are barely visible in daylight and a safety hazard under dark and rainy conditions.

EVERYBODY knows that George Bush was responsible for the recent shutdown and “Obamacare” debacle. Sorry, George, we had to pin it on someone since nobody else is taking full responsibility.

THE WEEKLY crime report with a map showing activities is great. However, it seems like every week the count shows 13 robberies and 11 emergency responses. Is there a problem with counting?

DEMOCRATIC congressmen are now requesting a delay in the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. I wonder if President Obama will accuse them of trying to hold America hostage and being terrorists?

ELORA HAMPTON has written and published two books now in the bookstore in the mall. Elora lives in Harlem, Ga., where they are very proud of her wisdom to do God’s inspired work.

RAVE TO Augusta Mall and the new Michael Kors store. Too many folks take for granted the great mall we have in our community.

NEXT TIME you’re in the hospital, give me a call and we’ll talk about how much that nurse is worth.

corgimom
corgimom 11/04/13 - 05:50 pm
My son felt the effects of

My son felt the effects of his terrible Richmond County school experience for many years. And I still continue to do business in Richmond County, and spend my money in Richmond County. I, too, fled Richmond County, and my only advice to Harley and Countyman is that if you don't like some particular poster's comments, don't read them. All of us on here are entitled to have any opinion that we choose about Augusta, and to think otherwise is inappropriate. I suggest that Harley and Countyman start their own blog and then they can control what the posters say.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/04/13 - 05:50 pm
What happens around me

EXACTLY anotherday....what happens around here has an affect on us too......when schools go in the tank they move to Gwinnett....when they are threatened with loss of accreditation they move here.....when crime goes overload they move here...etc etc..

KSL
KSL 11/04/13 - 05:57 pm

By the way, do they still teach castng out 9's?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/04/13 - 06:02 pm
I'm missing warm & fuzzy on here

I hope we can bring it back.....see yall in the am it has been a long tiring day for me...I will look for some jokes for tuesday...:0)

goodnight all

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/04/13 - 06:08 pm
I want one last kick at

I want one last kick at Seenit as she goes out the door. Dang, missed it.

countyman
19545
countyman 11/04/13 - 06:29 pm
Corgimom... Why don't you

Corgimom... Why don't you take your own advice and not read my comments instead of always rushing to disagree with them?

Why do you care so deeply if some people think Augusta is overall safe especially when the FBI crime rate of Charlotte(the city you live in) is higher?

The word 'average' was also related to the Census using the years between 2007-2011...

The 2010 median income of Richmond County in the official census was higher than Wayne County.

harley_52
harley_52 11/04/13 - 06:26 pm
" I try not to do that."

Not from what I see. In fact, you stir the pot, get something started, then sit back and watch.

I will gladly debate ANY issue with you, politely and respectfully. When, after being repeatedly asked to stop the needless, antagonistic comments about the home town of thousands of us, you continue to throw the slurs around, I will continue to object.

I have plenty of time.

harley_52
harley_52 11/04/13 - 06:33 pm
IAD...

"Beef(ing) about politics" is not the same as badmouthing the town and impugning her citizenry."

Claiming Augusta is "Detroit like" is not "beefing about politics." It's a purposeful slap in the face.

There is a difference.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/04/13 - 08:53 pm
FACTS are pesky things!

"The 2007-2011 average median income of Wayne County is $42k and Richmond County is basically $40k.."

"The 2010 median income of Richmond County in the official census was higher than Wayne County"

Not quite... So were you wrong then? Or are you wrong now?

Goat project looking good

In just more than a week since nine goats were assigned to eat overgrown vegetation at an Augusta detention pond, officials and area residents are already noticing a difference.